http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCNo3ocDy4k

Platform: Wii™
Launch Date: October 17, 2010
ESRB: RP (Rating Pending)
Game Type: 2-D Platformer
Players: 1-2
Developer: Good-Feel

General Information:

Kirby’s first console platform game since the Nintendo 64™ days introduces an amazing new look based on animated yarn and a world of cloth and textiles. The creative approach is woven directly into the game play and allows the ever-morphing Kirby™ to take on a variety of new forms. It’s a one-of-a-kind platformer that lets players explore high and low for hidden objects and fun adventure

FEATURES:

• The look of the world is stunning, but it’s also interactive. Pulling on stray threads might reveal hidden areas. When Kirby literally goes behind the scenes, the virtual fabric warps and bends to show his location.

• Thanks to his versatile yarn composition, Kirby can take on a variety of forms both in his common actions and when he transforms into powerful vehicles. When Kirby dashes, he zips around as a car. In water, he turns into a submarine. At times he can even transform into a massive robotic tank, a UFO and other vehicles.

• Two players can play through the entire game together*.

• Gems and collectible items are scattered throughout the environments for players to find.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like fun. I'll definitely at least rent it. Lots of side scrolling from nintendo this year.

I wasn't expecting much when I saw the first couple seconds, but it looks enjoyable. The music tracks sounds VERY familiar though and can't place it.

Inb4 someone says, "Moar like Kirby's Epic YAWN"

But, I'm interested in this title. Time to watch the trailer posted in the first post now.

Edit: Wow, that's impressive. Reminds me of Paper Mario, except with Kirby and yarn. Definitely looks awesome and unique.

I'm interested in it, but I wonder if it'll be long enough to justify a full price purchase?

Also, it looks like they took away a couple staples of most Kirby games: flying and copying abilities.

Not really interested in Epic Yarn. I agree with the above poster that it looks like Paper Mario, in terms of visuals. Never been a big Kirby fan, and I too was surprised to see that copying abilities seems to have vanished.

It looks more like Yoshi's Story from the N64. I also think this game is absolutely beautiful, and I'm simply glad to see another 2D game coming out. Not going to proclaim it as an Earth shattering game - just a fun one. I mean c'mon man - unzipping/crumpling the landscape? That's awesome.

I think this game looks incredible. The creativity on display is off the charts and the game play looks fantastic too. A preview commentary, if you can call it that, I think at gamespot.com but don't quote me, was very positive on it after having played it on the floor. Said they couldn't wait to play more of it. I can't wait for it!

What the fuck? This is not Kirby. Why can't you suck enemies up and swallow them and gain their powers? That is Kirby, not this tripe.

[quote name='tcrash247']What the fuck? This is not Kirby. Why can't you suck enemies up and swallow them and gain their powers? That is Kirby, not this tripe.[/QUOTE]

Kirby didn't have that ability when he began on the GB. He didn't have it in Kirby's Pinball Land. Or Kirby's Dream Course. Or in Canvas Curse. Probably a few more of his titles don't have this ability (someone else would have to say). You can hate on the game of course but if that is your only reason, it's kinda weak.

I think this is the second Kirby game that I've been legitimately interested in (the other being Kirby Canvas Curse). Really looking forward to hearing more!

[quote name='Strell']Kirby didn't have that ability when he began on the GB. He didn't have it in Kirby's Pinball Land. Or Kirby's Dream Course. Or in Canvas Curse. Probably a few more of his titles don't have this ability (someone else would have to say). You can hate on the game of course but if that is your only reason, it's kinda weak.[/QUOTE]

Really? I did only play 2 Kirby's on GB (plus pinball but obviously it didn't have that feature), so I was going off that. That's not my only gripe, just one of them. It still doesn't interest me though.

That's fine. I'm just saying people on the other side of the spectrum are calling it a rehash. In the world of gaming, this is about as common a no-win scenario as there is when it comes to trying to please people.

[quote name='Strell']It looks more like Yoshi's Story from the N64. I also think this game is absolutely beautiful, and I'm simply glad to see another 2D game coming out. Not going to proclaim it as an Earth shattering game - just a fun one. I mean c'mon man - unzipping/crumpling the landscape? That's awesome.[/QUOTE]

indeed, I thought the visuals were awesome.

Looks interesting. I don't like that Kirby is an outline though. He should at least be a solid color. I like Kirby games so I'll probably get it.

I think this is my favorite Wii game showing out of the event, and I don't even really like Kirby. The influx of side-scrollers is very welcome.

Holy crap at the commercial. I wonder what else Nintendo does that's been preempted by old stuff only they remember.

Actually Strell, I had the same thoughts like you did. It does remind me of Yoshi's Story.

I am greatly excited about the next CagCast and I want to hear CheapyD, Wombat and Shipwreck actually give Nintendo some good talk time on the CagCast.

[quote name='Droenixjpn']Actually Strell, I had the same thoughts like you did. It does remind me of Yoshi's Story.

I am greatly excited about the next CagCast and I want to hear CheapyD, Wombat and Shipwreck actually give Nintendo some good talk time on the CagCast.[/QUOTE]

If Cheapy's audio boo (?) is anything to go by, it'll go as you might expect: if it's not a FPS (on 360), he's not interested. Shipwreck sounded really enthused though.

I think Kirby's Epic Yawn may look interesting... but I'm probably going to pass until I hear about game length, number of levels, etc. I wish they had made him a patch or something... solid... and not an outline....

I'm glad to finally have a Kirby game on a console for the first time since the N64, though I was hoping to see what was up with the first iteration of this game that featured some kind of stacking mechanic. Love the art style and how it's integrated into the gameplay.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I'm glad to finally have a Kirby game on a console for the first time since the N64, though I was hoping to see what was up with the first iteration of this game that featured some kind of stacking mechanic. Love the art style and how it's integrated into the gameplay.[/QUOTE]

I guess you dont consider this epic title as a Kirby game:
17d6c2e467df9e951a44117cb94c6763-Kirby_Air_Ride.jpg

I have to admit, my first response to this game was to retitle it his Epic Yawn... I wonder why they didn't make him like a patch... or something a bit more solid? I will most likely pass on a pre-order of this game until I get some news about length. I want SMG2 quality ^_^

Stop hotlinking.

If you're refering to the game I think you're referring to, it's a racing game, not a platformer that is what a Kirby game really is. Kirby 64 was the last Kirby game on the consoles, about ten years and two generations ago.

[quote name='Strell']Holy crap at the commercial. I wonder what else Nintendo does that's been preempted by old stuff only they remember.[/QUOTE]

Next Zelda game will have breakdancing, confirmed!

[quote name='KingBroly']Next Zelda game will have breakdancing, confirmed![/QUOTE]

Breakdancing is smalltime.

RAPPING NERDS IS TOP fuckING PERCENTAGE.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Stop hotlinking.

If you're refering to the game I think you're referring to, it's a racing game, not a platformer that is what a Kirby game really is. Kirby 64 was the last Kirby game on the consoles, about ten years and two generations ago.[/QUOTE]

Obviously you need to learn what sarcasm is as well? A+ for effort though.

Though, technically, regardless of what you feel makes a "real" kirby game... "a kirby game" is whatever Nintendo decides to publish with Kirby as their main character/focus and what you said was there wasn't "a kirby game" on a console since the n64... which simply is not true. And yes, it was bad.... really bad.

[quote name='dyeknom']Obviously you need to learn what sarcasm is as well? A+ for effort though.

Though, technically, regardless of what you feel makes a "real" kirby game... "a kirby game" is whatever Nintendo decides to publish with Kirby as their main character/focus and what you said was there wasn't "a kirby game" on a console since the n64... which simply is not true. And yes, it was bad.... really bad.[/QUOTE]
That's just stupid. If I said that I wanted a Mario game, you would point to Mario Sports Mix and not Galaxy 2?

Heh, well, its a good thing I have a Amazon credit card, the fact I nail 3% cash back from all these wonderful games announced can only mean one thing:

More money for more games later on! I have got to start pre-ordering, I'm hoping Amazon offers pre-order cash back too. :D

Seriously though, Kirby, DK, and Metroid all coming from August forward among others? Best damn holiday season in a long time. :D

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']That's just stupid. If I said that I wanted a Mario game, you would point to Mario Sports Mix and not Galaxy 2?[/QUOTE]

Once again, you fail with sarcasm of that original post. I guess we can continue since you apparently don't understand the concept behind saying "a" title character/franchise game as a blanket statement... and just expecting people to selectively excluding the failed explorations into other genres.

Technically, yes... Mario Sports Mix is a MARIO game as he's the title character and seems to almost solely comprised of characters in the Mario world... I would point to both... as they are BOTH part of the mario franchise (though at this point, it's more of an empire). And before you ask, Halo Wars is a HALO game, Pac Man world is a Pac-Man game, Final fantasy X-2/Crystal Chronicles/Chocobo Dungeon/Dirge of Cerebrus are Final Fantasy games, Castlevania judgment is a castlevania game, and even DK jungle beat is a Donkey Kong game. They are ALL part of the same title franchise. Just because it's not the genre you like or THINK should make a "title character/franchise" game... doesnt negate the fact that it's still a game FEATURING that character/franchise as the title character/franchise. Hell, the first post even mentions its his first PLATFORMING game since the n64... not his first "game" since the n64. That's not saying they are good and not just a cash-in on an already successful franchise (because most of the time it is). Shall we continue to be a big bag of d^$%s or can we get back to posting useful information?

Here's some hands on impression of Epic Yarn. http://www.fragland.net/previews/E3-Hands-on-Kirbys-Epic-Yarn/204/
http://wii.ign.com/articles/109/1098702p1.html
Liking the idea of having a Blue Kirby "buddy" join to assist in the game. May be interesting if we can string together some fights (making people miss jumps by ripping yarn) ala Chip n Dale Rescue Rangers :)

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back