Dead Space 2 and Medal of Honor Limited Edition for PS3

earvcunanan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
300 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm impressed that they're not charging any extra for it considering you get an additional game with it. I haven't played the first DS yet but the sequel looked pretty sweet.

PS3 FTW! I'm liking all these PS3 comps..I've never played a Sly Cooper game in my life, but the fact that all 3 will be one disc? I'll get it, and I'll get this too!!

does anyone know if on all these games, using Move is just an option?? Like, I imagine when you see Heavy Rain listed w/ Move support, thats going to be thru a patch, not some re-released retail disc...(?)

The Sly Collection comes out around November and it'll probably retail for $39.99 like the GoW Collection did. Day one buy for me.

Btw, IGN says Move support for Extraction is optional.

[quote name='earvcunanan']The Sly Collection comes out around November and it'll probably retail for $39.99 like the GoW Collection did. Day one buy for me.

Btw, IGN says Move support for Extraction is optional.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm...Move is $59.99 + $29.99 + Eyetoy price, right?

I might bite depending on if a nice bundle comes along.

I can't believe they're making a Sly collection but no Team Ico collection.

So it's a free upgrade? I thought so but a friend of mine said no. Considering it was EA I figured it was going to be the same thing as Bad Company 2/Dante's Inferno that people who buy the game at launch new get the LE.

I hope this is true because WOOOOO! I am a HUGE Dead Space fan and when amazon had this up for $50 I added it to my 30% off order so for $35 I am really thrilled to get the game plus Extraction (since I don't own a Wii I really wanted this to come out for PSN/Move)

WOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='earvcunanan']Sony is planning a Move bundle for $99.99 and it includes one Move game.[/QUOTE]

The $100 bundle doesn't include the Navigation part (analog stick). From what I can figure out you can use a normal SIXAXIS/DS3 instead, but the Navigation part is much more convenient.

Here are the ways Move is going to be sold:
Move (Wand): $50
Navigation (Analog): $30
Bundle (Includes Move, Navigation, and Sports Champions): $100

[quote name='earvcunanan']Sony is planning a Move bundle for $99.99 and it includes one Move game.[/QUOTE]

No Navigation controller though, which I have no idea what its for.

[quote name='vherub']wonder if extraction will be a single use code to encourage buying new[/QUOTE]
Good guess since Extraction is also being released as DLC.

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']No Navigation controller though, which I have no idea what its for.[/QUOTE]

Basically it's the analog stick, D-pad, and a few face buttons, and perhaps a shoulder button or two. I figure it's gonna have 1/2 the normal DS3 on it and the other half is on the Move itself. Link

I was hopping it would be $40 for the Move and $20 for the Navigation so it would be $60 total just like the Wimote and Nunchuck.

So Dead Space Extractions is the game for the Wii? And its getting ported to the PS3 in HD and to support the PS Move? And bundled free when u buy DS2 for the PS3 for $59.99?

Wow, that is pretty effin awesome.

Edit: But you obviously need to buy the $50+ PSMove accessories to even play this version of Extraction. Hmmmm...

[quote name='Viol8tor']So Dead Space Extractions is the game for the Wii? And its getting ported to the PS3 in HD and to support the PS Move? And bundled free when u buy DS2 for the PS3 for $59.99?

Wow, that is pretty effin awesome.

Edit: But you obviously need to buy the $50+ PSMove accessories to even play this version of Extraction. Hmmmm...[/QUOTE]

No you don't. You can use a DS3/SIXAXIS but Move would be closer to the original experience of course.

So you HAVE to have the move accessories to play this on PS3? Thats pretty weak. I loved the original and would like to see what happens in extraction, but I guess ill just have to get it on wii then to find out the story.

[quote name='tankass']So you HAVE to have the move accessories to play this on PS3? Thats pretty weak. I loved the original and would like to see what happens in extraction, but I guess ill just have to get it on wii then to find out the story.[/QUOTE]

Again, NO you do NOT NEED the Move to play this.

[quote name='eau']Is this LE exclusive to GS again? Or is it available from all retailers?[/QUOTE]

No this is for everyone, it was announced at Sony's Press Conference yesterday.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']No you don't. You can use a DS3/SIXAXIS but Move would be closer to the original experience of course.[/QUOTE]

Awesome news, i went to check out some Extraction footage and saw that it supports 2 player co-op. Instantly thought i would have to buy TWO Move controllers as well for this.

But being able to use a PS3 controller as well is GREAT!:applause:

Ah yes, our PS3 bros will finally experience the joy of Dead Space Extraction!

Panzer, DS drops fast because EA games drop fast.

fuck, I wish I would've ordered it on PS3 when Amazon had that mix up awhile ago. I went with 360, even though I have the first on PS3 :cry:

[quote name='RollingSkull']Panzer, DS drops fast because EA games drop fast.[/QUOTE]

Great move on EA's part to give this for free:applause:. The game deserved to be played by more people.

My only concern is how it will play with the dualshock controller as I won't be picking up a Move controller until I see better use in games. There were plenty of moments in the game where you had to whip the reticule around very quickly and I'm worried the regular analog sticks are going to be too slow or they'll compensate by slowing down the action. Either scenario would suck!

As for the price tanking, it had more to do with the poor marketing support. There are plenty of 360 or PS3 owners, that bought the original DS, who also happen to have a Wii and if EA had done a better job convincing those dual owners to pick this up, the sales would have been much better.

Does anyone know if the first DS is going to get Move patch? I know Sony announced that RE5 Gold is getting a Move patch, which by the way i still haven't play and i'm definitely excited that it will be Move compatible.

Probably not, since DS2 is not Move compatible... Or maybe something down the pipe too?

[quote name='sota2000']Took advantage of that EA store coupon a while back and have on pre-order for $42.45[/QUOTE]
Same here!

Dead Space 2 is one of the best looking games at E3 so far IMO. I'm glad we don't have to wait too long into 2011.

[quote name='Serpentor']Does anyone know if the first DS is going to get Move patch? I know Sony announced that RE5 Gold is getting a Move patch, which by the way i still haven't play and i'm definitely excited that it will be Move compatible.

Probably not, since DS2 is not Move compatible... Or maybe something down the pipe too?[/QUOTE]
Sure, it's coming right after the trophy patch for MGS4 :lol:

IMO the Move is getting a LOT of support and it isn't even out yet. There are some games that I already own that are getting updates to work with Move and there are some big games coming out that'll support it.

MLB10
Heavy Rain
RE5 Gold Edition
KZ3
SOCOM 4
LBP2

I am sure there are more but that is all I can recall. I do want some other games to get Move support though. Games like Dead Space 2, Metal Gear Solid Rising (PLEASE GIVE THIS MOVE SUPPORT KONAMI/KOJIMA!). I think Dead Space 2 may be Move compatible only because they're bundling Extraction with it and of course that is Move capable so to me it makes sense to have both games that come togoether be Move-able.

[quote name='Serpentor']Does anyone know if the first DS is going to get Move patch? I know Sony announced that RE5 Gold is getting a Move patch, which by the way i still haven't play and i'm definitely excited that it will be Move compatible.

Probably not, since DS2 is not Move compatible... Or maybe something down the pipe too?[/QUOTE]

Well, RE5 gold was annouced to support Move from the get go so the patch might just be a simple unlock function with minor updates to utilize all of the final specs for Move.

DS2 might support Move. I remember that during the EA conference, there was talk of a renewed partnership between EA and Sony where EA was going to be giving alot more attention/perks to the Sony platform. I kind of got the impression that EA would support Move in DS2, but maybe they were only referring to the Move support in DS Extraction.

I just hope that Extraction is the only extra the special edition gets. Not because I don't like the PS3 - I own one and enjoy playing games on it. I just prefer Live's MP experience more than PSN's. If I'm going to spend any time at all on DS2's MP, I want to do it on the network where the majority of my MP friends are. But if there's more besides an HD Dead Space Extraction on the Sony special edition disk (digital artbook, OST, etc.), I'll end up getting it on the PS3, since I love the that sort of stuff and DS2's SP is vastly more important to me than the MP will ever be.

Remember how Wii's RE4 sort of "reinvented" the way gamers play the already aging RE4 game? Move patches will give some older games new life :) (probably not Uncharted, but definitely RE5 and DS).

Any word if this Limited Edition comes with steelbook case :)?

[quote name='vherub']wonder if extraction will be a single use code to encourage buying new[/QUOTE]
Eh, Sony will probably pay EA to put it on all discs to convince more people to buy PS3s down the line without losing these awesome opportunities.

[quote name='Darknyss']Sure, it's coming right after the trophy patch for MGS4 :lol:[/QUOTE]
Two good games i'm still waiting for trophy patch, MSG4 and VC...
DS Extraction is a nice freebie though. So even w/o Move function in DS or DS2, this LE is still very attractive.

I like the term Move-able, lol, thumbs up.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']IMO the Move is getting a LOT of support and it isn't even out yet. There are some games that I already own that are getting updates to work with Move and there are some big games coming out that'll support it.

MLB10
Heavy Rain
RE5 Gold Edition
KZ3
SOCOM 4
LBP2

I am sure there are more but that is all I can recall. I do want some other games to get Move support though. Games like Dead Space 2, Metal Gear Solid Rising (PLEASE GIVE THIS MOVE SUPPORT KONAMI/KOJIMA!). I think Dead Space 2 may be Move compatible only because they're bundling Extraction with it and of course that is Move capable so to me it makes sense to have both games that come togoether be Move-able.[/QUOTE]
Add the original LBP to that list.

Wow, gotta say, I have personally bought almost every, single multi-console game on the 360 over the last couple of years. This will make me go with Dead Space on the PS3.

[quote name='Serpentor']Two good games i'm still waiting for trophy patch, MSG4 and VC...
DS Extraction is a nice freebie though. So even w/o Move function in DS or DS2, this LE is still very attractive.

I like the term Move-able, lol, thumbs up.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I didn't intend for it to be a play-on words but when I was writing it out it just fit. So now we must spread the word that all games with Move are now Move-able! Step one to take over the world is in motion!

[quote name='Tsnake617']Eh, Sony will probably pay EA to put it on all discs to convince more people to buy PS3s down the line without losing these awesome opportunities.[/QUOTE]

This is more likely EAs choice to make it part of their early adopters benefit program or whatever it's called (I think it's like Project $10). Almost, if not, EVERY EA game comes with a code to redeem to either get more content or unlock features. Things like BC2's VIP and I think the new Tiger Wood's or something online (not into sports games so not sure what game). So I am 100% positive this is going to be a code to redeem on PSN. This way it entices people to buy it new over used.

[quote name='chuckywang']I thought Dead Space Extraction was a Wii only game.[/QUOTE]

It was until now....

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Wow, gotta say, I have personally bought almost every, single multi-console game on the 360 over the last couple of years. This will make me go with Dead Space on the PS3.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I also like that EA is giving incentive for buying new rather than punishing people for buying used. Can't wait for Dead Space 2 on PS3. Only sour note is the price of Move. $80 for the pair or $100 for a bundle minus the subcontroller is a little salty. But at least in this case Move is entirely optional.

Best part it is its not a CE. Not that I don't like CEs. I just don't like that they have all magically gone to $80 over the last six months.

That is a pretty bad ass deal. Good marketing move by EA here and a big boost for Sony as this will be the version to get.

my guess. Sold regardless:D

hmm, now I'm torn. I preordered the 360 version on Amazon when it was $49.99. DSE is in my Q on Gamefly so I'll definitely be playing it b4 DS2 comes out. I guess I'll wait and see if DSE is worth playing on a PS3 once I finish it on the Wii.

[quote name='VaRIABLE SoUL']hmm, now I'm torn. I preordered the 360 version on Amazon when it was $49.99. DSE is in my Q on Gamefly so I'll definitely be playing it b4 DS2 comes out. I guess I'll wait and see if DSE is worth playing on a PS3 once I finish it on the Wii.[/QUOTE]

You can try contacting amazon and see if they can swap the 360 for the PS3 in the order with the same price point (since they were both $49.99 at the time plus are both $56.99 now).

bread's done
Back