Photo
- - - - -

Gamestop B2G1 Free Confirmed

• Please log in to reply
604 replies to this topic

#1 ravingod

ravingod

Posted 17 June 2010 - 03:47 PM

I called ahead to 2 nearby stores and have confirmed at both a Buy 2 Get 1 free on used games starting at 7:00 P.M. Thursday June 17 and lasting the weekend. Guess I know I'm going to be buying stuff today ^^

Has been confirmed to be nation-wide. Thanks to all who posted about it being confirmed in their states.
As a poster said: "The employees are feigning ignorance about it right now." When it becomes public knowledge (probably Friday or Saturday) is when they will talk about it over the phone and such.
Also, its confirmed the online B2G1FREE is working and thanks to a poster, if you add SAVER last, it adds on.

100% confirmed

Edited by ravingod, 17 June 2010 - 07:04 PM.

#2 Pheenam

Pheenam

Posted 17 June 2010 - 03:53 PM

Nationwide? Let's get some more confirmations up so I can go spend my hard earned cash this weekend!

I am a horny engineer, I never joke about math or sex.

- Wolowitz

#3 jiggyteddy

jiggyteddy

Frugal As Can Be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2010 - 03:55 PM

Here is a dumb question so I apologize for asking it... but is a b2g1 valid online as well?
Posted Image
Totally legit rewards app! Join shopkick on your smartphone then use promo code: tomato6347 to get 50 kicks instantly! I earned $360 in BB certificates for calendar year 2012 thanks to shopkick!

Now playing:
Metal Gear Rising, Fight Night Champion, and Dynasty Warriors 7.

My twitter is @jiggyteddy for my random ramblings...

#4 Syranth

Syranth

Formerly WormFOODx

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2010 - 03:55 PM

Did you really need to create another thread to confirm a thread that already existed?

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=264580

#5 Pheenam

Pheenam

Posted 17 June 2010 - 03:57 PM

Here is a dumb question so I apologize for asking it... but is a b2g1 valid online as well?

From my experience jiggy the b2g1 if nationwide runs in conjunction with one offered online.

- Wolowitz

#6 jiggyteddy

jiggyteddy

Frugal As Can Be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2010 - 04:01 PM

Cool thank you Seventh. My memory was failing me. Here is to hoping we get one this weekend.
Posted Image
Totally legit rewards app! Join shopkick on your smartphone then use promo code: tomato6347 to get 50 kicks instantly! I earned $360 in BB certificates for calendar year 2012 thanks to shopkick!

Now playing:
Metal Gear Rising, Fight Night Champion, and Dynasty Warriors 7.

My twitter is @jiggyteddy for my random ramblings...

#7 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2010 - 04:12 PM

Did you really need to create another thread to confirm a thread that already existed?

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=264580

I'd trust a confirmed thread with some details over some "possible b2g1..." post.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#8 david12795

david12795

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2010 - 04:18 PM

just bought 2 network adapters...lets hope i can return and rebuy
Tradelist
Super Smash Bros. Brawl FC: 5155-4755-9214

#9 freshzen

freshzen

Posted 17 June 2010 - 04:20 PM

Is this nationwide? It seems like certain parts of PA do local B2G1 sales all the time.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#10 kozuchrules

kozuchrules

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2010 - 04:20 PM

Where in PA? I'm in Reading
"I'm hurt doc"
"Join the Nintendo Fun Club today!"

#11 Haaybags

Haaybags

Posted 17 June 2010 - 04:21 PM

I just picked up a 360 so this is a good way for me to begin building a catalog (or backlog haha). Any suggestions as to what to buy? I already have: Gears 1 + 2, Splinter Cell: Conviction and Mass Effect 2. I was hoping to pick up Mass Effect 1, Left For Dead, Halo: ODST....any other suggestions? I'm most interested in 360 exclusives bc I own a ps3 as well.

#12 kozuchrules

kozuchrules

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2010 - 04:23 PM

@Haaybags - Assassin's Creed 2 is cheap used right now
"I'm hurt doc"
"Join the Nintendo Fun Club today!"

#13 Pheenam

Pheenam

Posted 17 June 2010 - 04:25 PM

I just picked up a 360 so this is a good way for me to begin building a catalog (or backlog haha). Any suggestions as to what to buy?

Fable 2 is the only exclusive that comes to mind that you have seemed to overlook.

- Wolowitz

#14 freshzen

freshzen

Posted 17 June 2010 - 04:26 PM

I just picked up a 360 so this is a good way for me to begin building a catalog (or backlog haha). Any suggestions as to what to buy? I already have: Gears 1 + 2, Splinter Cell: Conviction and Mass Effect 2. I was hoping to pick up Mass Effect 1, Left For Dead, Halo: ODST....any other suggestions? I'm most interested in 360 exclusives bc I own a ps3 as well.

Don't buy Mass Effect 1 from Game Stop. Its $19.99 MSRP but they sell teh game for $29.99 used.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#15 freshzen

freshzen

Posted 17 June 2010 - 04:30 PM

Fable 2 is the only exclusive that comes to mind that you have seemed to overlook.

Fable II kinda sucks. The game is retarded easy, the only people I know that are big Fable II fans are all girls. There are lots of other 360 exclusives out there....

Banjo Kazooie Nuts & Bolts, Beautiful Katamari, Blue Dragon, Bullet Witch, Earth Defense Force 2017, Hitman Blood Money, Tomb Raider Legend, Lost Odyssey, Ninja Gaiden II, Phantasy Star Universe, Project Gotham 4, Raiden IV, Raiden Fighter Aces, Spectral Force 3.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#16 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2010 - 04:33 PM

Don't buy Mass Effect 1 from Game Stop. Its $19.99 MSRP but they sell teh game for $29.99 used.

Plus, there always seems to be a B2G1 deal on new copies of PH.

So: ME1, Fable II, and throw in a random 3rd game like Halo Wars. Shiny new > gamestop.

That is of course unless you hate PH cases, which I tend to do. But both ME1, Hal Wars, and Fable II have extra content.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#17 Momouchi

Momouchi

Drowning in backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2010 - 04:36 PM

Fingers crossed that this is nationwide!

fs_overall.png

#18 Haaybags

Haaybags

Posted 17 June 2010 - 04:41 PM

Thanks for all the responses! I was looking at the Walmart B2G1 on 360 PHs, but the final price would always balloon to about $80 (I think I was trying to get L4D: GOTY edition, ME1 and Halo 3). Are there other stores running a similar promotion? Sorry to the OP, I'm not trying to jack your thread.

#19 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2010 - 04:48 PM

Lost Odyssey
Blue Dragon
Quake 4
Prey
Crackdown
Kameo

You can get most of those real cheap, and to me they're all great games. Prey is fantastic if you like FPS. And if you like JRPGs, Lost Odyssey recently replaced Legend of Dragoon as my favorite of all time.

#20 Vendetta_x360

Vendetta_x360

♥ 정수연

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2010 - 04:58 PM

You must get Tales of Vesperia. It is hands down the best RPG on the 360 and so far of the current generation.

Vendetta%20x360.jpg

:3ds: FC: 4957-3481-3976 (PM me if you add so I can add you!)

Currently Playing:  :360: Lightning Returns :xb1: Madden 25, Dead Rising 3

Recently Completed: Wolf Among Us, :360: & :xb1: Halo:Spartan Assault

#21 BmBoWnZ

BmBoWnZ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2010 - 05:03 PM

You must get Tales of Vesperia. It is hands down the best RPG on the 360 and so far of the current generation.

I plan on getting this :)

Posted Image

#22 wampa8jedi

wampa8jedi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2010 - 05:04 PM

I'm going to remain a skeptic until this is confirmed outside of Pennsylvania...

#23 xFatalFlaw

xFatalFlaw

Dango Daikazoku!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2010 - 05:09 PM

I'm going to remain a skeptic until this is confirmed outside of Pennsylvania...

I agree, I'm not going to hold my breath on this one until we are 100% sure.

#24 paddlefoot

paddlefoot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2010 - 05:10 PM

Finally get to use my credit instore! Lately the deals online have made the in-store deals look terrible. Have $300 in credit to potentially burn. Might get Heavy Rain, The Show, and I don't know what else.

#25 xFatalFlaw

xFatalFlaw

Dango Daikazoku!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2010 - 05:10 PM

I would not only because it's my favorite RPG this generation but because it's out of print and prices on it are jacked up. Makes me wish I got the collector's edition instead.

#26 david12795

david12795

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2010 - 05:11 PM

hopefully this is true.
Tradelist
Super Smash Bros. Brawl FC: 5155-4755-9214

#27 LordFlux

LordFlux

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2010 - 05:16 PM

Well out of the six stores I called here in central Georgia, only one of them knew of the promotion. *shrug* (The one who is running the promotion is the GameStop in Macon, GA out on Grey Hwy -- starts at 7pm tonight)

#28 Vendetta_x360

Vendetta_x360

♥ 정수연

• CAGiversary!

You will love it. The game is so fantastic. Speaking of which. Time to switch my avatar back to Estelle or Judith. :D

Vendetta%20x360.jpg

:3ds: FC: 4957-3481-3976 (PM me if you add so I can add you!)

Currently Playing:  :360: Lightning Returns :xb1: Madden 25, Dead Rising 3

Recently Completed: Wolf Among Us, :360: & :xb1: Halo:Spartan Assault

#29 ninja dog

ninja dog

Shoto Guilt

• CAGiversary!

I wish uncharted 2, Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, and God of War 3 were cheaper...i can't think of anything i want from this sale that I haven't scored for cheaper in the past few weeks. Gamestop's in store prices are pretty bad.

#30 SativaSam

SativaSam

The Price of Evil

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2010 - 05:17 PM

What PS3 games should I pick up during this sale? Exclusives, obviously. Just CML to see what I've got so I don't clutter the thread. I was looking at Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 maybe but other than that I'm drawing a blank.

Now Playing...

Gundam Seed Battle Destiny

My PSN is needLEEr - Add me!

Check out my trade list! Have hundreds of games, systems for sale/trade, brand new titles & more!