Gamestop B2G1 Free Confirmed

• Please log in to reply
604 replies to this topic

#31 jiggyteddy

jiggyteddy

Frugal As Can Be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2010 - 05:17 PM

Finally get to use my credit instore! Lately the deals online have made the in-store deals look terrible. Have $300 in credit to potentially burn. Might get Heavy Rain, The Show, and I don't know what else.

The Show is awesome this year. Got it on the cheap from the gamestop website for 33.
Posted Image
Totally legit rewards app! Join shopkick on your smartphone then use promo code: tomato6347 to get 50 kicks instantly! I earned $360 in BB certificates for calendar year 2012 thanks to shopkick!

Now playing:
Metal Gear Rising, Fight Night Champion, and Dynasty Warriors 7.

My twitter is @jiggyteddy for my random ramblings...

#32 seanmcc

seanmcc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2010 - 05:18 PM

I tried calling with mixed results.

The girl didn't know about it, but after a loooong hold, she said it would be going on. I'm not 100% sure whether she really looked it up, or just wanted to get off the phone, lol.

(I'm in IL)

#33 xFatalFlaw

xFatalFlaw

Dango Daikazoku!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2010 - 05:19 PM

You will love it. The game is so fantastic. Speaking of which. Time to switch my avatar back to Estelle or Judith. :D

Judith! ;)

#34 BrolyB593

BrolyB593

I'm Cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2010 - 05:22 PM

I wish uncharted 2, Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, and God of War 3 were cheaper...i can't think of anything i want from this sale that I haven't scored for cheaper in the past few weeks. Gamestop's in store prices are pretty bad.

I have not been in store in forever, what are the prices? I just nabbed God of War 3 used for $20 from their site.

#35 y2jasper

y2jasper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2010 - 05:26 PM

called a store by me (in woodbridge, nj) and the guy told me maybe, he also heard a rumor.

#36 ninja dog

ninja dog

Shoto Guilt

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2010 - 05:26 PM

I have not been in store in forever, what are the prices? I just nabbed God of War 3 used for $20 from their site.

I wanna say it's $39 or $49 for GOW3. then $44 for NGS2 and $39 for Uncharted 2.

there have been so many sales this year that I'm repulsed by paying over $20 for a game without getting a giftcard with it. :)

#37 ninja dog

ninja dog

Shoto Guilt

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2010 - 05:29 PM

What PS3 games should I pick up during this sale? Exclusives, obviously. Just CML to see what I've got so I don't clutter the thread. I was looking at Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 maybe but other than that I'm drawing a blank.

Demon's Souls, Uncharted 2

#38 SativaSam

SativaSam

The Price of Evil

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2010 - 05:30 PM

Demon's Souls, Uncharted 2

Demon's Souls definitely, I already have Uncharted 2 so yeah. Thanks man totally forgot about that game.

edit: Texted my Rome, GA Gamestop's manager and he confirmed it does start tomorrow. He says it should start tonight at 7 like the OP said.

Edited by SativaSam, 17 June 2010 - 05:47 PM.

Now Playing...

Titanfall

Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

PSN: needLEEr

XBL: needLEEr

Come check out my trade list! Dozens of new titles for PS4, Xbox One, Wii U, Vita, & more! Rare Games & Retro too!

#39 Sheir

Sheir

Posted 17 June 2010 - 05:47 PM

I wanna say it's $39 or $49 for GOW3. then $44 for NGS2 and $39 for Uncharted 2.

there have been so many sales this year that I'm repulsed by paying over $20 for a game without getting a giftcard with it. :)

At the Gamestop near me, they were still selling Uncharted 2 for 50 used (which I made sure to tell them was "highway robbery").

I also just called them, a nice dude answered and said, "I don't know! Are the rumors true!?" to which a man in the background said, "Is that a customer? Tell him we never confirm or deny these rumors, they're just rumors!" So still up in the air for the Islandia store on Long Island.

#40 seanmcc

seanmcc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2010 - 05:50 PM

Called more stores. Another store here said no, but one in springfield gave a definitive yes, he said it starts tomorrow.

#41 xMalachi

xMalachi

Meow Mix Disaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2010 - 05:57 PM

Got a confirmation from a friend that works at Gamestop in the St. Louis area.. it's a go at 7 tonight. Just thought I'd put it out there.

#42 gshell

gshell

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2010 - 06:05 PM

Got a confirmation from a friend that works at Gamestop in the St. Louis area.. it's a go at 7 tonight. Just thought I'd put it out there.

sweet!!!!

#43 Warrior Swagger

Warrior Swagger

Posted 17 June 2010 - 06:10 PM

Located in Bay Area, CA, and it seems like all of the Gaemstops around me are clueless about this B2G1..

#44 zaff2000

zaff2000

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2010 - 06:10 PM

Just called my local gamestop here in louisiana and he said it starts tonight at 7

#45 timobkg

timobkg

CAG Maestro

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2010 - 06:14 PM

This is only on used games? Bah!

#46 clo

clo

Posted 17 June 2010 - 06:15 PM

Finally get to use my credit instore! Lately the deals online have made the in-store deals look terrible. Have $300 in credit to potentially burn. Might get Heavy Rain, The Show, and I don't know what else.

can't you have them put it on a giftcard?

#47 ninja dog

ninja dog

Shoto Guilt

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2010 - 06:15 PM

I just called my local gamestop and the manager said that every manager at every gamestop was instructed to lie about a B2G1 free sale and that they're actually going to give surprise charlie horses to everyone who walks through the door starting at 7pm tonight. Some stores are rumored to give titty twisters and typewriters instead of charlie horses, so YMMV on that.

#48 youenvy

youenvy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2010 - 06:17 PM

I just called my local gamestop and the manager said that every manager at every gamestop was instructed to lie about a B2G1 free sale and that they're actually going to give surprise charlie horses to everyone who walks through the door starting at 7pm tonight. Some stores are rumored to give titty twisters and typewriters instead of charlie horses, so YMMV on that.

in for 2 and 1 for free

#49 JNKryo

JNKryo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2010 - 06:19 PM

Titty Twisters? In my part of the country, we call 'em Purple Nurples!

#50 sleepydumbdude

sleepydumbdude

MASHED POTATOES!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2010 - 06:31 PM

Went by mine in Evansville IN on lunch to pick up a DS game and heard them talking about it.

#51 mobybeaver

mobybeaver

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2010 - 06:32 PM

Confirmed for Johnson City, NY

#52 JediJames2

JediJames2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2010 - 06:32 PM

Looks like the sale is live on Gamestop's website! Figured I'd try the old code from the last sale (B2G1FREE) and it worked. Dragon Age Origins, God of War 3, and Uncharted 2 for $77.02 after tax? Very happy with that! And yes, SAVER stacks, didn't try anything else.

#53 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2010 - 06:34 PM

GS's B2G1 is always for used games.

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Wolfenstein  :ps4: Octodad   :360:    :ps3: Used for a 3D player now   :3ds:-Pokémon X, Zelda:ALBW (3DS FC: 0447-7073-4536)

http://www.looksneat.com/topic/Gaming/

#54 Rollobobo

Rollobobo

EAT SHIITAKE!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2010 - 06:35 PM

Yep, call and got confirmation from my local Gamestop in Illinois....starts @ 7pm. Wish Heavy Rain wasn't so darn expensive still....

#55 UberSwiss

UberSwiss

Cheap Suits?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2010 - 06:36 PM

Looks like the sale is live on Gamestop's website! Figured I'd try the old code from the last sale (B2G1FREE) and it worked. Dragon Age Origins, God of War 3, and Uncharted 2 for $77.02 after tax? Very happy with that! And yes, SAVER stacks, didn't try anything else.

Nice find!
Currently Playing:
:360: Halo 4/NBA 2k13
:ps3: Assassins Creed 3

Posted Image

#56 mrme2

mrme2

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2010 - 06:38 PM

*goes to try before info lands up on slickdeals and all hell breaks loose*

#57 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2010 - 06:38 PM

you're joking right?

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#58 phantasyx

phantasyx

Posted 17 June 2010 - 06:40 PM

will this be online and work with $10 coupons

#59 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2010 - 06:41 PM

Its already working online (code- B2G1FREE), and I would imagine that the $10 codes will NOT work with this deal.

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Wolfenstein  :ps4: Octodad   :360:    :ps3: Used for a 3D player now   :3ds:-Pokémon X, Zelda:ALBW (3DS FC: 0447-7073-4536)

http://www.looksneat.com/topic/Gaming/

#60 zeke222

zeke222

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2010 - 06:42 PM

B2G1 free code works