Mad Catz SF FightStick + SFIV (PS3 or 360) - $42.88 @ Sams Club

Ronin317

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
I was in a Sam's close to Pittsburgh, and noticed they have the Mad Catz Street Fighter IV Arcade Fight Stick packaged with SFIV. Saw :360: and :ps3: versions, both were $42.88.

It's not showing on Samsclub.com at all, but if you call your local club, SKU is #535378.

EDIT - NOW ON CLEARANCE for $21.xx YMMV, but also available @ Walmart.com for $30.xx

Last edited by a moderator:
I just picked up one of these. Worth it for the case and PCB. I can resell the game and I've managed to acquire a ton of extra arcade parts. The game in mine was greatest hits, but it looks like they just opened the boxes tossed a game in there and put stickers on so you may be able to get a non greatest hits version, maybe.

i'm really hoping that when/if they can't move these at this price they'll get clearanced out.

[quote name='BoneMonkey80']omg but you need a sams club card to purchase it right :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

If it works like Costco does, you can find someone who has a card and then have them buy a gift card.

But since Sam's is owned by Walmart, you might be able to purchase a Walmart Giftcard and then purchase it at Sam's Club, but they still might ask you for a membership card. (Never tried this before)

I saw these yesterday in Gardena, CA for the same price. They had two left. I was tempted, but I passed since they're the cheaper sticks.

Yeah just beware these cheaper sticks are nowhere near the quality of the TE's and if you want this you probably going to want to spend more money to upgrade the parts.

It doesnt cost that much to upgrade them and its really easy. For that price for a game and stick I am tempted to run to Sam's. I modded 2 so far, the first was just a button and stick upgrade. The 2nd I went all out and did the art work and all.

Is there any soldering that you need to do to swap out the buttons/sticks? or is it simply plug and play on these replacement upgrades?

[quote name='sasukekun']If it works like Costco does, you can find someone who has a card and then have them buy a gift card.

But since Sam's is owned by Walmart, you might be able to purchase a Walmart Giftcard and then purchase it at Sam's Club, but they still might ask you for a membership card. (Never tried this before)[/QUOTE]

you'll still need the card
unless you get someone with a card to go with you

[quote name='Ugamer_X']You can get a one day shopping pass to Sam's. Either check their website or call a store.[/QUOTE]

Careful, some of those passes charge you 10% of your total purchase.

[quote name='destro4eva']Is there any soldering that you need to do to swap out the buttons/sticks? or is it simply plug and play on these replacement upgrades?[/QUOTE]
Plug and play. This is pretty much the easiest stick to mod ever.

If you are not a member you can get a one day pass on their site in the help section by searching for Pass. You will be charged an additional 10% on your purchase which brings this to $47.17 before tax. If you live somewhat out of the area to your closest store call ahead to check for availability; keep in mind that unlike Walmart there is no actual electronics department and you will want to be as clear and descriptive as possible about what you're looking for. The UPC for the 360 version is 28658 01556 and 28658 01551 should be the PS3.

For modding information the best starting point is the FAQ on Driph's site which you can find by searching Google for Driph Fightstick. There is a link in there to the SRK FAQ for the SE stick.

I found two of the xbox 360's at my local sams, both marked at the $42 price (no PS3 versions). Didn't bother picking either up, but it was nice to see something on clearance for once. Looked nice though. :)

[quote name='NJ and You']If you are not a member you can get a one day pass on their site in the help section by searching for Pass. You will be charged an additional 10% on your purchase which brings this to $47.17 before tax. If you live somewhat out of the area to your closest store call ahead to check for availability; keep in mind that unlike Walmart there is no actual electronics department and you will want to be as clear and descriptive as possible about what you're looking for. The UPC for the 360 version is 28658 01556 and 28658 01551 should be the PS3.[/QUOTE]

There is no surcharge in California on the one day pass, but they don't allow returns or exchanges on it.

Hmm... I wonder how long these will have to sit on the shelf before the packs themselves are clearanced. I doubt much of anyone else in my area is going to buy them and I want the shells and PCB's from these.

Yes, marie, they are. They're pretty solid and very easy to mod, quite a good deal for the price if you're not ponying up for a Tourney Edition.

If anyone has an extra or is willing to buy one that would awesome because my sams club in CT dosent have it. I will buy and pay shipping.

I picked this up a few weeks ago. I already had Super Street Fighter IV so I wound up selling off the copy of Street Fighter IV for $30 essentially making the stick only $15 which is a steal. I haven't modded it yet but I've looked at the parts and they're really cheap. Much more cost effective than buying a TE stick.

[quote name='marie']So these are Round 1 fightsticks? & they're USB wired?[/QUOTE]

Round 1 only applies to TE sticks. These are not TE sticks.

Is it still possible to find these around? I live in a fairly small area. How much could I get for the copy of SFIV by itself?

[quote name='silentbobfan']I picked this up a few weeks ago. I already had Super Street Fighter IV so I wound up selling off the copy of Street Fighter IV for $30 essentially making the stick only $15 which is a steal. I haven't modded it yet but I've looked at the parts and they're really cheap. Much more cost effective than buying a TE stick.[/QUOTE]
How/wheredid you sell vanilla Street Fighter IV for $30?!

[quote name='rpgfan']Is Sams Club in NYC?[/QUOTE]

No. CT, NJ, upstate, or Medford, Long Island.

Anyway, yeah, I was wandering around the game aisle in my store (ahem... club) and noticed one of the 360 bundles just chillin on the rack. I'm thinking about picking it up, since I've never had a fight stick, and I figure you have to start somewhere! I don't know if I'd even bother keeping SF4, but I have DOA4, so I'd put it to work on that. Though, I would have loved to get a PS3 version instead. My friend has SF4 on the PS3 so I could play him, plus all my PS2/3 fighters...

Actually, anybody know if this would work on a PS3 with a USB converter?

Well, last week I called all the Sam's Clubs in the Twin Cities area (MN), closest one was in St. Cloud, MN. The guy I talked with let me put it on hold for a few days so I could get someone to pick it up.

Anyways, there should be 3 more there as of last Friday to any MN CAGs wanting it.

[quote name='silentbobfan']I picked this up a few weeks ago. I already had Super Street Fighter IV so I wound up selling off the copy of Street Fighter IV for $30 essentially making the stick only $15 which is a steal. I haven't modded it yet but I've looked at the parts and they're really cheap. Much more cost effective than buying a TE stick.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Ragnorok64']How/wheredid you sell vanilla Street Fighter IV for $30?![/QUOTE]

I second that! Best I can find is getting $14 for it.

Oh man, I hope I can find a ps3 one. Already have a 360 one but recently switched my online gaming from 360 to ps3. I need to figure something out before Marvel vs Capcom 3 comes out!

[quote name='Chronis']
Actually, anybody know if this would work on a PS3 with a USB converter?[/QUOTE]

I don't think so. I did a little looking around a couple months ago, hoping to use my 360 stick with my new ps3. Not much luck, I think they're totally different. I'd love to be proven wrong though!

[quote name='grifta67']Oh man, I hope I can find a ps3 one. Already have a 360 one but recently switched my online gaming from 360 to ps3. I need to figure something out before Marvel vs Capcom 3 comes out!

I don't think so. I did a little looking around a couple months ago, hoping to use my 360 stick with my new ps3. Not much luck, I think they're totally different. I'd love to be proven wrong though![/QUOTE]

A modding process can be done to make your stick 360/PS3 compatible, there are articles/videos with directions out there, probably on shoryuken.com. It requires a soddering iron and some additional parts, not sure if it's worth the trouble for just an SE.

Round 2 TEs are going for $99 on the gameshark store. If you factor in the fact you'll be buying new buttons for an SE, it's really only like $35 more for the TE in comparison. I'm still using my SE after a year and it's well worth the money, but I kind of wished I got a fancier one now that i love playing stick.

just something to keep in mind.

bread's done
Back