Photo
- - - - -

GS TIV & Promos: Old thread, check first/last posts for link to new thread.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1898 replies to this topic

#391 Japakneez

Japakneez

You are big foo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2010 - 01:50 PM

Taking with a grain of salt but the guy at my gamestop said if you reserve the slim DURING the promo dates and don't get it until after the promo ends, they'll still honor the promo trade in prices since you technically pre-ordered during the promo.

I can see that as being a guy just talking but if it is store policy then no worries

the problem with this is that the Gamestop computers handle promotions. I doubt the computer will handle a situation like that well.

I'm also doubtful the current TIVs will last until the end of this promo. I certainly hope they do

#392 tooshorty6432168

tooshorty6432168

Posted 21 June 2010 - 02:30 PM

DS (all 6/20/10)
Mario Kart DS - 17
NSMB - 17
Mario Party DS - 15

Mass Effect - 5 (6/19/10)

DS Lite System - $35(6/20)

You actually traded in you DS Lite for $35? That is insaaaaane!

#393 BuckSatan

BuckSatan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2010 - 02:34 PM

the problem with this is that the Gamestop computers handle promotions. I doubt the computer will handle a situation like that well.

I'm also doubtful the current TIVs will last until the end of this promo. I certainly hope they do

The trade in values for the 360 and accessories are the promotion so I would certainly hope they last throughout the promotion.

#394 Akridsky

Akridsky

Old and Tired

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2010 - 02:43 PM

You actually traded in you DS Lite for $35? That is insaaaaane!

That's base. I'm sure they got the $25 bonus.

#395 labrat34

labrat34

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2010 - 02:44 PM

Base TiV from the weekend:

Call of Duty 2 $2.50
Lost Via Domus $2.50

DS
Scribblenauts $10.25
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Time $3.00
Smart Girls Playhouse 2 $7.00

Wii
Excitebots $3.50

#396 ksuwild25

ksuwild25

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2010 - 04:13 PM

Just traded in Tiger Woods 10 for the Wii and received the bump to $25, so it still works as of this morning.

#397 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2010 - 04:36 PM

Well I posted this in the other Gamestop 360 Slim promo thread, but thought I'd add it here too since people are talking about this a lot here:

Like others here, I really don't see how Gamestop can make any money off old traded in 360's. I didn't think this deal would last very long, so I bundled up my launch 20gb 360 (still working perfectly) and took it in for the trade. Got the following credit:

Launch 360 console (bound to die sooner or later!): $100
20gb hard drive: $30
Wireless controller: $25
Xbox 360 small remote: $2.25
Xbox 360 old wired headset: $5

Total credit: $162.25

Paid full balance of 144.63 and preordered a new 360s (of course they didn't have any in stock, but I can easily wait). I had been wondering how I could get rid of the old system before it fried, this made it very easy.

I wonder if Gamestop has some kind of deal with Microsoft to turn in the old 360s for credit? Doesn't make sense otherwise, the older systems are virtually worthless on Ebay or anywhere else.

#398 Masquerade

Masquerade

Posted 21 June 2010 - 04:45 PM

I thought the Xbox 360 trade in promo does not end until 7/18/2010. I was thinking about holding onto my system until more arrive and put $50 towards the slim. And when the end date for the promo is close I will trade-in my system.

#399 foltzie

foltzie

Strell where art thou?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2010 - 04:53 PM

I wonder if Gamestop has some kind of deal with Microsoft to turn in the old 360s for credit? Doesn't make sense otherwise, the older systems are virtually worthless on Ebay or anywhere else.

OT, but there were reports of Microsoft working on a Jasper based motherboard that would fit in the original boxes. Not impossible, if it would lower the number of RRoD they have to process. Edit: appears it is the 'Opus' MB, that serves as the replacement MB for RRoD prone 360s

Gamestop may also benefit by offering some carrots on the system and making bread on the extra games that people trade in to make up the difference toward a new system.

#400 blondii8745

blondii8745

Posted 21 June 2010 - 04:59 PM

Hey guys I have a couple questions

I want to trade in a DS Phat, DS Lite, and a PSP
Will I get the $25 hardware bonus for each or in total?
The DS Phat's hinge is just a little broken so will I still get the bonus if I have to pay the refurb fee?

Thanks!

#401 Violator

Violator

Posted 21 June 2010 - 05:40 PM

The DS Phat's hinge is just a little broken so will I still get the bonus if I have to pay the refurb fee?

Thanks!

Hey cutie- Yes- you will get the $25 hardware bonus for each and every system you trade in. If you don't glue or repair the slightly broken hinge (hint ..hint) and they want to charge you the refurb fee on that one you will still get the $25 hardware bonus on it as well..

#402 blondii8745

blondii8745

Posted 21 June 2010 - 05:50 PM

Hey cutie- Yes- you will get the $25 hardware bonus for each and every system you trade in. If you don't glue or repair the slightly broken hinge (hint ..hint) and they want to charge you the refurb fee on that one you will still get the $25 hardware bonus on it as well..

Thanks so much!

#403 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lux is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2010 - 05:56 PM

ps3 SAW 7.75

ds Zubo - 1.75
ds Ener G Dance - 2.00

#404 HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ

HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2010 - 06:00 PM

Thanks!

YMMV possibly.

Told, did not bring in, the clerk at GS mine had a hinge crack that made it so the screen(when you open it to a certain spot) wouldn't lock in place any more and he said that they wouldn't take it because "We don't take the system if we can't fix it".

Posted Image

#405 Rollobobo

Rollobobo

EAT SHIITAKE!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2010 - 06:01 PM

Wow, are you really trying to flirt in a video game thread?!?

#406 Violator

Violator

Posted 21 June 2010 - 06:05 PM

Yeah right- to video game nerds girls are "icky" and have "cooties" right? I bet your virtual girlfriend rocks!!

#407 HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ

HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2010 - 06:08 PM

Yeah right- to video game nerds girls are "icky" and have "cooties" right? I bet your virtual girlfriend rocks!!

I'm pretty sure he was just mocking the fact that you were hitting on a girl over the internet hoping she would cyber you or somehow bang you through the internet.

Posted Image

#408 LakersForLife82481

LakersForLife82481

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2010 - 06:10 PM

Let's stay on topic guys lmao...

#409 Rollobobo

Rollobobo

EAT SHIITAKE!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2010 - 06:10 PM

LOL, relax yourself Newbie. I am happily married and don't need to hit on girls in video game forums. Take it easy, kimosabe.

#410 johnnymavrik

johnnymavrik

The Evil Genius

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2010 - 06:19 PM

I finally called Gamestop and got them to use the $10 off (rather than 10% off) coupon from the UFC contest on Darksiders. First time I have ever contacted them on the phone - the guy even threw in overnight shipping for free for my "troubles".

Impressed.

Now - hope the game was as fun as the demo.

#411 shattered

shattered

Posted 21 June 2010 - 06:29 PM

A local Gamestop manager told me that the promo may end early or be adjusted, as corporate underestimated the amount of hardware trade-ins they have been receiving. Has Gamestop ever done this before?

The manager was definitely not trying to get me to preorder, as he didn't mention this until after I had traded in all my hardware toward the new system. Glad to see they were giving full credit on preorders.

#412 xilly

xilly

Snozberries?!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2010 - 06:36 PM

I finally called Gamestop and got them to use the $10 off (rather than 10% off) coupon from the UFC contest on Darksiders. First time I have ever contacted them on the phone - the guy even threw in overnight shipping for free for my "troubles".

Impressed.

Now - hope the game was as fun as the demo.

It's not a bad game.. but the dodge system sucks.

Click spoiler to view my PSN/360 sig boxes.

Spoiler

Managing Editor - Frontburnr

Twitter - @sybaritictrance

#413 iTETSUO

iTETSUO

Posted 21 June 2010 - 06:42 PM

yeah right- to video game nerds girls are "icky" and have "cooties" right? I bet your virtual girlfriend rocks!!

lol

blazblue 360 - 7

Posted Image

#414 James161324

James161324

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2010 - 06:42 PM

Call Of Duty modern Warfare 2 $20.
But they are adding an extra 5 dollars for the guaranteed 25 trade in valve promo.
Xbox 360 Charge Kit w/ Battery $5
Xbox 360 Headset Wired $5

Gamecube
Lord of Rings: Two Towers $1

If your looking to get beta codes for MOH. I would recommend going in now. I got the last one at the store i went to.

#415 predseth

predseth

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2010 - 07:12 PM

Unloaded some junk from the gohastings.com glitch and some Sears clearance this morning:

LocoRoco 2 psp- 3.00
Best of Tests DS- 1.75
Ener-G Dance Squad DS- 2.00
Red Bull BC One DS- .90
Elite Beat Agents DS- 1.25
Bakugan PS3- 7.25
Kidz Sports: Ice Hockey Wii - 1.75

Total of 39.69 after Edge and bonuses

#416 svtcobrastang1984

svtcobrastang1984

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2010 - 07:20 PM

He wants to violate her. Don't be a hater!

#417 JP

JP

Proud member of the Ravens Nation!

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 21 June 2010 - 07:36 PM

Updated lists and database.

all-banner.jpg

CAG Apple Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/WWF IDs

CAG Game Database & You - Small little tutorial I guess you would call it.

#418 Violator

Violator

Posted 21 June 2010 - 07:39 PM

He wants to violate her. Don't be a hater!

yeah.. don't hate the Violator, hate the violation!!

#419 blondii8745

blondii8745

Posted 21 June 2010 - 07:46 PM

I leave for a few hours and this is what happens...haha

Anyways, they wouldn't let me turn in the DS Phat because of the hinge crack and wouldn't let me turn in the PSP because the serial code sticker got ripped off...not sure how probably my brother...so that kinda sucked. Oh well I guess I'll try selling on ebay. I also traded in some games though.

Zelda Twilight Princess - 9.50
Rainbow Six Vegas - 2.75
Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core - 3.25

But I also got the edge card 10% and extra $10 bonus so I ended up with a grand total of 27.05 for the three games. Not bad for games that have been collecting dust for a couple years.

#420 Two Headed Boy

Two Headed Boy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2010 - 07:50 PM

When I was grabbing stuff to trade in, I couldn't bring myself to part with Twilight Princess.

You are stronger than I.
Posted Image