Photo
- - - - -

GS TIV & Promos: Old thread, check first/last posts for link to new thread.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1898 replies to this topic

#31 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2010 - 07:33 PM

chill man, i'm trying to be a CAG here :(

Yeah and other CAGs may resort to buying used controllers and if they come across your broken one because you thought to trade it in as 'working fine', they'd be pretty pissed off. I'm sure you would too if you were in the same boat.
MLIFTgM.gif

#32 retromufc

retromufc

Posted 18 June 2010 - 07:40 PM

Yeah and other CAGs may resort to buying used controllers and if they come across your broken one because you thought to trade it in as 'working fine', they'd be pretty pissed off. I'm sure you would too if you were in the same boat.

Dude you are preaching to the choir, what you are doing is like spitting on a wildfire. There is so much of this that goes on that you don't even see posted here. The last thread alone had numerous people asking the exact same thing.

The moral of the story is don't buy used game hardware at GS. GS's own model of testing is flawed. the 360 is the most broken console in the history of video games and they STILL playtest them for less than 5 minutes before saying they are good. If they don't care they are buying broken crap why should you?

#33 Pck21

Pck21

Beware the Ides of March

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2010 - 07:46 PM

Scored the last one at my store in Glendale, AZ. Most of the stores I called got in about 5 and a shipment at 11:00am. The guy had 4 other 360's sitting behind the counter and looked pissed lol. One of them was a MW2 console which confused me since the new ones are basically those but smaller. Meh whatever. I'm setting mine up right now.

Paid $76.xx out of pocket after trading in an Elite console, 2 20GB hdds, wireless adapter, and wireless controller. Not half bad at all! Looks slick as hell too. Much quieter, I've got to say.
Currently Playing:

Onlive ID: Hand2Gland - Add Me!

Posted ImagePosted Image

Two wrongs don't make a right, I suppose, but three rights make a left and it makes me feel like the goddamn Batman.

#34 Goodeye

Goodeye

Resident Halo nerd

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2010 - 07:47 PM

4 slims. You and 3 other guys. Why is one not going to be happy?

Yes sorry I was typing that on my iphone and one on my fingers is bandaged. Must have push 3 when pushing 4. lol. I corrected it.

But yeah Oh well. The early bird gets the worm!
[FONT="]Posted ImagePosted Image

[/FONT]

#35 SilverBulletKY

SilverBulletKY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2010 - 07:50 PM

Yep.. just called mine and they're sold out. They said they wouldn't get another shipment in until July.

#36 sasuke543

sasuke543

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2010 - 07:52 PM

I know this may have been asked a lot, but does anyone know if I can transfer my files from my 360 to a couple of 4GB usb?
Posted Image

Posted Image

#37 rsra13

rsra13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2010 - 07:52 PM

Mine said earlier next week. I'm going to reserve later today. :(

#38 Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Yippie kai yay!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2010 - 07:55 PM

The hard drive is an extra trade-in on top of the $100? Interesting.

My buy/sell/trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=230525

To the "If I send you an offer via PM, please respond to it even if you aren't interested" guy, I'm still waiting to hear back from you after I sent you a PM in July of 2009.

#39 SilverBulletKY

SilverBulletKY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2010 - 08:01 PM

Actually the one at the mall has a couple left but I hate lugging my old one around through half the mall.

#40 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2010 - 08:03 PM

I know this may have been asked a lot, but does anyone know if I can transfer my files from my 360 to a couple of 4GB usb?

Yes, yes you can.

#41 sonicice

sonicice

Posted 18 June 2010 - 08:06 PM

Got one around noon today, they got at least 5 calls about them while I was doing the trade-in. Their system was still messed up so I got the extra $25 credit for the Xbox too. I imagine they sold out pretty quickly though the way the phone calls were coming in.

#42 Horsewarrior of Janjaweed

Horsewarrior of Janjaweed

Posted 18 June 2010 - 08:15 PM

What's with the bolded No Pre-Orders/Reserves? My GS was happy to take my $50 and hold onto it for a month or whatever.

#43 JP

JP

Proud member of the Ravens Nation!

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 18 June 2010 - 08:17 PM

What's with the bolded No Reserves/Lists? My GS was happy to take my $50 and hold onto it for a month or whatever.

Officially they weren't doing it. Most places still aren't. Going to be YMMV. Also because the trade-in values wont activate unless there is a console on the other end of that trade to get the value. So pre-ordering the console wont get you those values.

all-banner.jpg

CAG Apple Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/WWF IDs

CAG Game Database & You - Small little tutorial I guess you would call it.

#44 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2010 - 08:20 PM

Here's an excellent article detailing the differences in every possible way between the X360 and X360 'S':

http://www.anandtech...xbox-360-slim/1

#45 Kelegacy

Kelegacy

All Around Nice Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2010 - 08:23 PM

I was going to make a joke and ask a question that always gets asked but I won't. :)

Thread has a new fresh smell, mmmmm.

#46 mcdaking84

mcdaking84

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2010 - 08:26 PM

does anyone know if you can return the transfer cable after you buy it? or another store that has it other than gamestop?

#47 rjcc

rjcc

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2010 - 08:33 PM

does anyone know if you can return the transfer cable after you buy it? or another store that has it other than gamestop?

i honestly wouldn't buy it, at least for me it didn't update the licenses automatically, so you're just as well off using a USB drive anyway.

#48 Goodeye

Goodeye

Resident Halo nerd

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2010 - 08:33 PM

I made a unboxing vid for the gaming site I write for but will post it here first

[/FONT]

#49 Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Yippie kai yay!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2010 - 08:35 PM

Buy it? I thought Microsoft was giving transfer cables out for free.

I'm gonna take my first gen 360 in for the trade. But I'm worried an uninformed employee will claim that the HD is part of the $100 trade in, or won't accept it without the ethernet cable or headset.

My buy/sell/trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=230525

To the "If I send you an offer via PM, please respond to it even if you aren't interested" guy, I'm still waiting to hear back from you after I sent you a PM in July of 2009.

#50 beard.

beard.

Posted 18 June 2010 - 08:35 PM

Apparently my store has one left, but I still need to track down my battery cases and my headset and get over there...hope I can.

#51 lllGurulll

lllGurulll

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2010 - 08:46 PM

Does anyone know if GS will test the USB ports on the unit? I just discovered today that that are not working. Since I never use them I know one of my kids had to have done something to them.

This deal becomes instantly not worth it to me if I am going to eat a refurb fee over USB drives.
PSWii60 FTW!!!

#52 gepet0

gepet0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2010 - 08:51 PM

I am torn I have a halo 360 unit I can trade or a recently aquired elite can the 25 for a game be combined with the offer?

I have smash, tatsun , new super mario for the wii. I can trade

#53 jorel

jorel

Posted 18 June 2010 - 08:52 PM

Glad to see the topic reloaded.

Drove to GS near work after lunch, they got 8 but were sold out. Reserved mine and they'll be calling me next week when it arrives. Older guy named Bruce was super nice, store in Waukesha, WI on Sunset.

Console: $100
20GB HDD: $30
64MB Memory Card: $10
Charger Kit: $5
Total: $145

#54 weevles

weevles

Posted 18 June 2010 - 08:56 PM

Officially they weren't doing it. Most places still aren't. Going to be YMMV. Also because the trade-in values wont activate unless there is a console on the other end of that trade to get the value. So pre-ordering the console wont get you those values.

My store in Hawaii got an email from Corporate last night telling them to take reservations and not sell them first-come-first-served anymore.

Hopefully my area will receive their shipments today...if not, then probably Monday.

#55 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2010 - 08:57 PM

Does anyone know if GS will test the USB ports on the unit? I just discovered today that that are not working. Since I never use them I know one of my kids had to have done something to them.

This deal becomes instantly not worth it to me if I am going to eat a refurb fee over USB drives.

It all depends on who you get. Like I mentioned a page or so back, they only checked for warranty stickers on mine, asked me if it worked and that was it.

#56 Blackjack13

Blackjack13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2010 - 09:00 PM

Glad to see the topic reloaded.

Drove to GS near work after lunch, they got 8 but were sold out. Reserved mine and they'll be calling me next week when it arrives. Older guy named Bruce was super nice, store in Waukesha, WI on Sunset.

Console: $100
20GB HDD: $30
64MB Memory Card: $10
Charger Kit: $5
Total: $145

So they took your console and gave you the deal even though they didn't have them in stock? Thanks for the info!

#57 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2010 - 09:03 PM

Is the stylus and charger required for trade in of a ds?
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#58 Goodeye

Goodeye

Resident Halo nerd

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2010 - 09:05 PM

Is the stylus and charger required for trade in of a ds?

Yes it is.

[/FONT]

#59 evildeadjedi

evildeadjedi

RIP DIO \m/ \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2010 - 09:06 PM

Yes it is.

Okay, that's what I thought I couldn't get through to my local gs thanks for answering. :)
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#60 Horsewarrior of Janjaweed

Horsewarrior of Janjaweed

Posted 18 June 2010 - 09:10 PM

So they took your console and gave you the deal even though they didn't have them in stock? Thanks for the info!

My GS said that they'd take the console as long as the deal lasts after I reserved mine.