Photo
- - - - -

GS TIV & Promos: Old thread, check first/last posts for link to new thread.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1898 replies to this topic

#121 Thorgouge

Thorgouge

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2010 - 01:49 AM

Scored a X360 S. No extra $25 bonus for me, and I also didn't anticipate the need for a play and charge kit but they told me I needed it, so I had to pay $12 for one...all in all $200.xx credit out the door after all the stuff I traded in.

Hahaha, unless I am grossly misinformed, you just got conned by a greasy teenager. You "need" a play and charge kit? Really? I am disappointed in you, young padawan.

#122 BuckSatan

BuckSatan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2010 - 01:51 AM

To take advantage of the deal, do I have to trade in my old 360 when I reserve the new 360? I'd really hate to be without my 360 when I just bought Mass Effect 2 today.

I just put my reserve down and the guy told me they would honor the trade in deal if it was over when they got the next batch in. The time frame he quoted me was still before July 11th but he still made sure to point it out. This is probably YMMV but it never hurts to ask.

#123 Agentredd

Agentredd

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2010 - 01:51 AM

man, I appreciate the work that went into this thread but do we really need to fish through all this junk text, disclaimers, and 'spoilers just to find out what the current gamestop deal is?'
Xbox live: namesjames

PSN: namesjames
-Uncharted 2, Resistance 2

My Trade List

#124 JP

JP

Member of the Ravens Nation!

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 19 June 2010 - 01:55 AM

man, I appreciate the work that went into this thread but do we really need to fish through all this junk text, disclaimers, and 'spoilers just to find out what the current gamestop deal is?'

I've been riding a fine line on that for a while. We have a lot of users that use this thread in stores on mobile devices to pick up clearance items to take to GameStop. That is the reason for the rainbow of colors. There were some issues with text showing up on the mobile format incorrectly in some cases so I try to make those easier to read for regular site users and mobile users as well. It's been a fine line.

Also, all that other text has been collected because every thread we would get the same questions over and over. I try to keep it condensed and as easy to follow as possible. I've been debating moving everything down one post and moving the FAQ into the second post. Possibly using spoilers for the answers to again cut down on the length of the page for scrolling.

all-banner.jpg

CAG Apple Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/WWF IDs

CAG Game Database & You - Small little tutorial I guess you would call it.

#125 BuckSatan

BuckSatan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2010 - 01:59 AM

I greatly appreciate the masterful work that was put into this post. I don't know what you consider "Junk Text" but the disclaimers are very helpful and the use of the spoiler button means you don't have to skim through absolutely everything to find what you need. If those spoiler buttons weren't there I can't imagine what you'd have to say about it.

#126 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2010 - 01:59 AM

Base TIVs from today-

Wii -
Super Smash Bro Brawl - 16.50
Tatsunoko vs Capcom Ultimate - 13.00
Cake Mania in the Mix - 4.50

DS -
Imagine Family Doctor - 4.00
Sim City - 3.25
Ener g Gym Rockets - 2.75
Ener g Dance Squad - 2.00
Lock's Quest - 2.25
Geometry Wars Galaxies - 1.75
Mario n Luigi Bowser's Inside Story - 15.00
Mega Man Zero Collection - 9.00

#127 io

io

Posted 19 June 2010 - 02:05 AM

^^^ Hmmm... I wonder where you got those DS games, from, Velo? ;)

#128 freeorelse

freeorelse

Not in the Sandbox!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2010 - 02:08 AM

Got our slim a little while ago $100 trade of our arcade along with some other gamestop credit. Only $50 out of pocket. Looks good so far.

Base values
Wario Land Shake It $4.25
Guinness World Records $2.00
Loco Roco 2 $3.00

Damn right. After all, why should I have to shit stain my undies when I could buy them pre stained.:whee:

[chipinsig]07e4f48f08550a61[/chipinsig]

#129 dangus

dangus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2010 - 02:08 AM

PS3
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots - 4.25

Xbox 360
Halo 3: ODST - 8.00
Arcade Unplugged - 2.00

#130 bgame2

bgame2

Pure Cag Smoothness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2010 - 02:24 AM

I saw something really sad a little while ago. I was third in line at gamestop. (Just trading stuff in). A group of three people was in front of me. 2 of them were doing the system trade in. They had called ahead to make sure some were available apparently. Anyway, the manager went to get the boxes and came back empty handed. He said both of them were damaged so he couldn't sell them. Now before you doubt him, this manager is a great guy. He wouldn't pull a shady move and he did the system trade for the guy in front of these people. I felt really bad for the people because they had apparently driven some distance. That said they were very polite about it.

And now, some TIVs

Xbox 360 Dirt 2 12.00 (base) 26.20 with promo and edge
PS3 Super Street fighter 4 20.00 base
Wii Smackdown 2010 8.25 base 25.82 with promo and edge

#131 Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Yippie kai yay!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2010 - 02:27 AM

What's the big deal? Everything's on the top of the first page. Everything else is just our meaningless replies.

My buy/sell/trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=230525

To the "If I send you an offer via PM, please respond to it even if you aren't interested" guy, I'm still waiting to hear back from you after I sent you a PM in July of 2009.

#132 JP

JP

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 19 June 2010 - 02:28 AM

Updated lists and database.

all-banner.jpg

#133 lllGurulll

lllGurulll

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2010 - 02:35 AM

They are not restocking the gamestops until next month and buy then the deal will be over.

The date I keep hearing is July 9th and the deal ends July 11th. If I can't get the deal, I'll cancel my order and they lose money.
PSWii60 FTW!!!

#134 Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Yippie kai yay!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2010 - 02:36 AM

The Gamestop in Seattle I was at claimed Monday for the next shipment.

My buy/sell/trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=230525

To the "If I send you an offer via PM, please respond to it even if you aren't interested" guy, I'm still waiting to hear back from you after I sent you a PM in July of 2009.

#135 ttimepopi

ttimepopi

Posted 19 June 2010 - 02:41 AM

PS2 Trade is values Base and then with edge card

Mortal Kombat Amrageddon 3.00 3.30
Zatchbell: mamodo Battles .50 .55
Crash Twinsanity 1.75 1.93
WWE Smackdown Vs Raw 2009 4.75 5.23
Harley Davidson Motorcycles 1.75 1.93
Ace Combat 5 2.50 2.75
Incredible Hulk 3.00 3.30
Hot Shots Golf Fore .60 .66
Madden NFL 2009 3.25 3.57
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 1.50 1.65
God of War II 5.25 5.77
Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2.25 2.47
Soul Calibur III 2.75 3.03
Grand Theft Auto San Andreas 5.00 5.50
Tekken 4 2.75 3.03
Madden NFL 2003 .20 .22
Half Life 3.00 3.30
WWE Smackdown Here Comes Pain 2.25 2.47
Hitman 2 Silent Assassin .90 .99
Super Trucks Racing .55 .61
WWE Smackdown Vs Raw Shut your Mouth 1.75 1.93
Fight Night round 2 2.75 3.03
WWE Smackdown Just Bring it 1.25 1.37
Grand Theft Auto Vice City 2.00 2.20
Devil May Cry 3 2.00 2.20
Scarface 2.75 3.03
Dragon Ball Z Infinite World 6.00 6.60
Incredibles Rise of the Underworld 1.25 1.37
Gran Turismo 3 A Spec .50 .55
Sims 2 Pets 4.50 4.95

#136 ttimepopi

ttimepopi

Posted 19 June 2010 - 02:46 AM

Fifa street 2.00 2.20
Tomb Raider Legend 1.25 1.37
Mx Vs Atv Unleashed 1.75 1.93
Firepro Wrestling Returns 1.25 1.37
Rock Band 2.00 2.20
Tony Hawk's Underground 1.00 1.10
Juiced .80 .88

#137 blk00civicsi

blk00civicsi

Pillsbury Island

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2010 - 02:47 AM

Oh the misinformed. GS really hires some dunces and they seem to get you to fall for it.

Most (if not all) GS's will be restocked at least twice next week. All of the CO area stores are saying they'll be 4-8 per shipment. (Number will be even as there's 2 consoles per shipping carton)

#138 JP

JP

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 19 June 2010 - 02:50 AM

Fifa street 2.00 2.20
Tomb Raider Legend 1.25 1.37
Mx Vs Atv Unleashed 1.75 1.93
Firepro Wrestling Returns 1.25 1.37
Rock Band 2.00 2.20
Tony Hawk's Underground 1.00 1.10
Juiced .80 .88

What system is this for?

Also, I've changed the layout of the first 5 posts. Not sure how I like it. May just be because I'm used to the old layout. Wanting some feedback.

all-banner.jpg

#139 jj5206

jj5206

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2010 - 02:59 AM

the store I went to only had one guy working...the other guy that was scheduled to work i guess broke his arm or something that night....he just had us plug it in and run it while he would scan somebody else up...

#140 lllGurulll

lllGurulll

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2010 - 03:01 AM

Oh the misinformed. GS really hires some dunces and they seem to get you to fall for it.

Most (if not all) GS's will be restocked at least twice next week. All of the CO area stores are saying they'll be 4-8 per shipment. (Number will be even as there's 2 consoles per shipping carton)

How is it everyone elses fault they have to believe what GS employees tell them when it comes to stock issues. What? Are they supposed to just accuse them of lying right there in the store?

It is not the consumers fault that the store may not give them accurate information.
PSWii60 FTW!!!

#141 GHardin

GHardin

Posted 19 June 2010 - 03:06 AM

The date I keep hearing is July 9th and the deal ends July 11th. If I can't get the deal, I'll cancel my order and they lose money.

The website is now showing July 18th as the last day for the trade-up deal.

http://www.gamestop....de/default.aspx

#142 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2010 - 03:07 AM

I know io and freeorelse i love the cheap ds games. I was just happy they took them for over $1. I dont know how those ener-g crap games get twice geometry wars galaxies...not like I played them but still, just name recognition.
It also sucks that megaman zero collection is so low already, I should have got another brawl for 15 more tiv but these are things you say post fact.
lol peace! thanx jp n cag! ;)

#143 rbarba4

rbarba4

I'm THAT Guy...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2010 - 03:07 AM

... and I had been thinking about buying a bigger hard drive and/or N wireless adapter for while so that's how I'm justifying it to myself. Plus hopefully I will be permanently RRoD free from here on out....*knock on wood*

That's the way I saw it . Well that, a new warranty and I got rid of the refurb MS sent me.

#144 DM7000

DM7000

Henshin-a-gogo baby!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2010 - 03:10 AM

Picked mine up today. After trading a bunch of old DS games that I had laying around plus one controller and my wireless adapter I ended up at 285.73 total but I also bought an Edge card so I only ended up paying about 30 dollars for my xbox.

#145 jcp42877

jcp42877

Semper Fortis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2010 - 03:12 AM

just my luck they have this Slim promo after i've already traded/sold my 20 gig hdd, spare wireless controller, and 2 headsets.

now i'm left with a Jasper arcade, one wireless controller, and my 120gb hdd..just the basics

i'll get next to **** for that. And i don't get paid til the end of the month :(

and i don't really want to trade the majority of my "keeper" titles to upgrade. Although I do have a few that are on the guaranteed $25 TIV list (Forza 3, MW2, BFBC2, RDR)
Posted Image

#146 JP

JP

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 19 June 2010 - 03:14 AM

Thanks for the information on the new end date for the slim upgrade promo.

Updated lists and database.

all-banner.jpg

#147 Horsewarrior of Janjaweed

Horsewarrior of Janjaweed

Posted 19 June 2010 - 03:23 AM

Also, I've changed the layout of the first 5 posts. Not sure how I like it. May just be because I'm used to the old layout. Wanting some feedback.

Any reason why the FAQ scroll-a-thon isn't after the TIVs? I mean, the very first question is about why the prices are so low, but it's before any prices even show up.

#148 beard.

beard.

Posted 19 June 2010 - 03:34 AM

Got mine. Last one in store. All went fine, only hiccup is I noticed that two of the games I traded in didn't get full value. I wanted to trade in 9 games for the "Trade 3, Get $10 extra" deal, and then trade in Just Cause 2 and Super Mario Galaxy for $25 each. Well, JC2 and SMG got mixed in with the Trade 3, Get $10, and two games just got usual EDGE bumpage. If I take my receipt back, will they be able to adjust that, or will it be a huge pain? It's not a huge deal to me (though I'd like that extra $15), but if I can get it done with ease I will.

Anyways, traded in Console+Controller, HDD, Wireless adapter and 11 games and got the new 360 and had $13.xx leftover on EDGE.

Not to be that guy, but does anyone have an answer to my question?

#149 JP

JP

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 19 June 2010 - 03:34 AM

Any reason why the FAQ scroll-a-thon isn't after the TIVs? I mean, the very first question is about why the prices are so low, but it's before any prices even show up.

I feel putting the question before they see the base values puts them in the right mindset. A lot of people barely read the first post as it is. If I put the FAQ after the trade-in values we would get more redundant questions than we already do because no one would actually see the post. At least they have to scroll past the FAQ to even get to the prices listed. Also, some people look at the values from the database and then look at the promos in the thread.

all-banner.jpg

#150 JP

JP

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 19 June 2010 - 03:38 AM

Depending upon how good standing you are with your local GameStop will determine how easy it is. Some stores won't do it and since you signed the pad and left the store it is pretty much binding. People have had varying levels of success getting them to fix items like that.

all-banner.jpg