Photo
- - - - -

GS TIV & Promos: Old thread, check first/last posts for link to new thread.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1898 replies to this topic

#181 thedanceman

thedanceman

Posted 19 June 2010 - 06:55 AM

For the trade in does it only work with Microsoft branded controllers or could I use a gamestop 360 controller?

I used a some cheap mad katz wired controller and they took it.

My trade in was:

arcade with wired controller $100
2 20 gig hard drives $62.00
Wireless G $42.40
4 Wireless Controllers $105.12
2 wired headsets $11

Total: $320.52 Got the new xbox and $20.53 on my edge card!

#182 BrolyB593

BrolyB593

I'm Cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2010 - 07:41 AM

Traded a few random games for some extra credit today with the current +$10 promo

Base Values:

:360:
Street Fighter IV - $3
Incredible Hulk - $4
Iron Man - $5

It looks like Hulk is the only game with a different price.

#183 infinitelegacy

infinitelegacy

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2010 - 08:12 AM

hey guys, i got a question for you..

can i take advantage of the trade in bonuses for the xbox hardware stuff (like a hdd, controllers, and mu) without actually trading in a xbox console? thanks! =)

#184 z24buddy

z24buddy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2010 - 08:13 AM

Base trade prices on 6/18:

DS Posted Image
Contra 4 $4.75
DSi XL System $100 ($20 drop from last Friday)

Xbox 360 Posted Image
Hellboy $3.00
Tetris Evolution $8.00

Note on the DSi XL: I had them scan the actual system to verify that the base was down to $100 and it comes up as $125 with the current promo.(was really hoping for the $145) I didn't actually trade the DSi as I am on the fence about selling on ebay/craigslist and/or waiting it out toward the end of the $25 system promo to see the trade value goes back up a little. Any thoughts?

#185 aznboovie

aznboovie

Posted 19 June 2010 - 08:39 AM

Picked up mine today, Thanks OP

#186 tenzor

tenzor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2010 - 08:47 AM

hey guys, i got a question for you..

can i take advantage of the trade in bonuses for the xbox hardware stuff (like a hdd, controllers, and mu) without actually trading in a xbox console? thanks! =)

no, it has to be traded towards the newer 360 system. The accessories (HDD, MU, Controllers, Network Adapters) are automated through the GameStop computer to apply the extra credit when it is being sold with a new system in the same transaction.

#187 alanamaslama

alanamaslama

Captain Back$lap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2010 - 09:07 AM

6/18 Base TIVs

360 -
Unreal Tournament 3 - $2.50 (up $0.50)

DS -
Final Fantasy IV - $6.00 (same)
Final Fantasy Tactics A2 - $7.25 (same)

#188 emg28

emg28

esteeohpee

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2010 - 09:17 AM

Can you trade it in towards the preorder. Go back a day later, and claim you found one at Kmart, walmart, the alley in the hood, and cancel it and get all the credit put on an edge card?

The deal doesn't work on a pre-order. It will only work on an actual console purchase. You could buy the console and then try returning it but it would be YMMV on them letting you keep the bonus tiv. I think that returning a console is a much bigger issue than returning a game. It would help to get a gift receipt and do the return at a different GS, though.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Games Beaten: 2012 2011 2010 2009

#189 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2010 - 10:03 AM

DS Lite: $35 as of Yesterday

#190 lllGurulll

lllGurulll

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2010 - 10:36 AM

The deal doesn't work on a pre-order. It will only work on an actual console purchase. You could buy the console and then try returning it but it would be YMMV on them letting you keep the bonus tiv. I think that returning a console is a much bigger issue than returning a game. It would help to get a gift receipt and do the return at a different GS, though.

Of course it works on the preorder. Others have already traded in on the preorder offer. I'm going in tomorrow to do the same at the store managers invitation. Except, in my setup, I will be preordering the system and then coming back when it gets in to do the trade. All confirmed with the store manager.

Might be a YMMV thing at other GS but that is the setup at mine.
PSWii60 FTW!!!

#191 lllGurulll

lllGurulll

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2010 - 10:59 AM

Question about the refurb fee

It states....

Hardware

Core unit + wireless controller - $60 (6/15/10)

Console Refurb Fees (Amount deducted when console is marked as defective)

Core unit w\ wireless controller - $50 (4/10/10)

For the most part yes. If it powers on but doesn't play games, they will take the console as a refurb unit and put a refurb fee on the console. The refurb fee on the console will vary on the price of the console so those numbers will change. You are still required to trade in everything required listed in the question directly above. They will not, however, take RROD 360 consoles. There may be stores that still do it, but official policy is to not take them in.

so, if I am reading this correctly, a console that gets hit with a refurb fee would only be worth as little as $10? What constitutes the fee. Just that the console does not play a game/turn on or are there other factors too.

What kind of console refurb fees have others been hit with?

PSWii60 FTW!!!

#192 Katsumi

Katsumi

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2010 - 11:40 AM

I would be arguing with them. Nowhere on their promo does it say only one price on that entire list will be honored. That is just asinine what they did to you.

Maybe I'll try calling them next week, but there were ~10-15 people behind me that had been in line 40+ mins and all they wanted was to buy a game or two.. I didn't want to take another 15min to argue. I guess it's more of a lesson learned.. Bring the Promo Printout from Gamestop.com incase they try to do the same thing :\

#193 JP

JP

Proud member of the Ravens Nation!

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 19 June 2010 - 01:14 PM

Can you trade it in towards the preorder. Go back a day later, and claim you found one at Kmart, walmart, the alley in the hood, and cancel it and get all the credit put on an edge card?

I supposed you could but they could also override the bonus credit you got as well.

GameStop changed their stance on the pre-order/reserve thing. They have a special code they sent out via the corporate email to input to get the values towards a pre-order/reserve.

so, if I am reading this correctly, a console that gets hit with a refurb fee would only be worth as little as $10? What constitutes the fee. Just that the console does not play a game/turn on or are there other factors too.

What kind of console refurb fees have others been hit with?

Well the refurb fees for the 360 consoles were listed when they were worth more. The refurb fees could be lower now. Refurb fee can put on a system for: defective ports, tray not opening, games not playing. Some stores actually test to see if a hard drive and memory card unit work in the console, so if those don't work it'll be a refurb fee. If a console can't get online, not banned but the network port is just defective they'll hit it with a refurb. If it doesn't turn, has the RROD, or if they have the setup to test for being banned from Xbox Live they will not take them.

all-banner.jpg

CAG Apple Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/WWF IDs

CAG Game Database & You - Small little tutorial I guess you would call it.

#194 malfcn

malfcn

CAGalicious!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2010 - 01:20 PM

If they try and hit you with taxes, can you buy a giftcard (if the state doesn't charge full balance on merch credit)?

I am most concerned with the HDD situation. I have a 120 with all my stuff, and I can't trade it in without transferring it.

nihilence.png

#195 Strider Turbulence

Strider Turbulence

Son of the Old Gods

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2010 - 01:36 PM

6/18 Base TIVs

360 -
Unreal Tournament 3 - $2.50 (up $0.50)

DS -
Final Fantasy IV - $6.00 (same)
Final Fantasy Tactics A2 - $7.25 (same)

Seriously? That's a really good TIV on FFT since they sell it for $8.99 used.

birdie-intro.gifAlpha 2

#196 Yo_Soy_Legendo

Yo_Soy_Legendo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2010 - 01:38 PM

So say I go in and try to preorder, do I trade the Xbox in at that time?

#197 malfcn

malfcn

CAGalicious!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2010 - 01:49 PM

Does Gamestop refuse to answer the phone before 10am?

Finally got a few to answer. They are saying around July 9th or 3 weeks until a new shipment.

nihilence.png

#198 FArgus

FArgus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2010 - 01:58 PM

Does Gamestop refuse to answer the phone before 10am?

dont they open at 10? Why would you expect them to answer the phone before they are open?

Had a cool store manager last night who let my buddy trade in 2 360's towards the new one with both getting the 100 bucks trade up offer. He had to do a manual override to get it to work.

#199 malfcn

malfcn

CAGalicious!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2010 - 02:01 PM

dont they open at 10? Why would you expect them to answer the phone before they are open?

Had a cool store manager last night who let my buddy trade in 2 360's towards the new one with both getting the 100 bucks trade up offer. He had to do a manual override to get it to work.

Customer service, and they are already being paid for it? At my job we answer the phone before and after business hours.

One guy was really helpful and explained and confirmed the 7 days for bonus on HDDs. But said that can't do 2 at once for 100, or even +25 on the second. Said he'd have to do it over 2 transactions.

Just need to figure out how to get one. Don't want the TIV to plummet, want to make sure I can get one before the promo..but can't *not* have something to use for 3 weeks.

nihilence.png

#200 alanamaslama

alanamaslama

Captain Back$lap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2010 - 02:23 PM

Seriously? That's a really good TIV on FFT since they sell it for $8.99 used.

Yeah, not too bad, huh? I was kinda surprised by the TIV myself.

#201 wildpantha05

wildpantha05

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2010 - 02:24 PM

Anyone know how in the hell you are supposed to transfer your data from your current HD with this current deal? The Gamestops around me won't transfer my data and since you have to turn in your HD when you do the deal, it seems pretty fucking ridiculous.

Any ideas?
Posted Image

#202 Connor23

Connor23

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2010 - 02:28 PM

Eh, last time I made a new GamerTag on my 360 it just stayed at Silver... Possibly because I had other profiles on the system? Who knows >.>

just FYI it's up to 5 accounts you can create one 1 xbox before it stops givin' out the free months gold.

#203 flagg1216

flagg1216

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2010 - 02:28 PM

Anyone know how in the hell you are supposed to transfer your data from your current HD with this current deal? The Gamestops around me won't transfer my data and since you have to turn in your HD when you do the deal, it seems pretty fucking ridiculous.

Any ideas?

My idea is reading all the information presented to you in the post. Pay particular attention to the part where you will see that you can take your HD in up to a week after you purchase the new slim and still get the bonus credit. I agree that it is pretty fucking ridiculous that you criticize a deal that your to ignorant to have all the information about.

#204 GHardin

GHardin

Posted 19 June 2010 - 02:29 PM

Base trade-in values from 6/18:

Nintendo DS
Final Fantasy Crystal Chroncles: Echoes of Time - $5.00

PSP
Lunar: Silver Star Harmony - $6.75

Wii
Metroid Prime Trilogy - $20.00
Monster Hunter Tri - $22.00

After the trade 3/$10 and the $25 guaranteed trade-in for MPT, I got $68.75

#205 wildpantha05

wildpantha05

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2010 - 02:31 PM

My idea is reading all the information presented to you in the post. Pay particular attention to the part where you will see that you can take your HD in up to a week after you purchase the new slim and still get the bonus credit. I agree that it is pretty fucking ridiculous that you criticize a deal that your to ignorant to have all the information about.

Actually I got off the phone with 5 local Gamestop stores now and all told me that that isn't an option, so care to explain that one smartass? That would be why I posted.
Posted Image

#206 vartex

vartex

Posted 19 June 2010 - 02:33 PM

Can you trade in 6 games and get $20 credit? My launch 360 is all packed up. If my calculations are correct (they should be, I'm an accountant), I'm going to pay $101.56 for a brand new 360 slim! That's a pretty sweet deal for an obsolete 360! I finally get HDMI and a hard drive that can hold more than 1 game and a couple of demos!!

#207 Razzuel

Razzuel

People are idiots.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2010 - 02:36 PM

Any ideas?

Buy a USB flash drive, and transfer all of the stuff you can't re-download to that drive. That's what I'm doing.

#208 vartex

vartex

Posted 19 June 2010 - 02:39 PM

Buy a USB flash drive, and transfer all of the stuff you can't re-download to that drive. That's what I'm doing.

Keep in mind the USB has to have a capacity of more than 1GB. All of mine are 512 MB. I don't care for the game saves or gamer points. I"m going to start fresh with the new Xbox.

But can someone please confirm that if I add my gamer profile to the new Xbox, my Xbox Live Points and updated maps for MW2 will still be intact?

Thanks!

#209 JP

JP

Proud member of the Ravens Nation!

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 19 June 2010 - 02:44 PM

Actually I got off the phone with 5 local Gamestop stores now and all told me that that isn't an option, so care to explain that one smartass? That would be why I posted.

Because they don't know their own promos very well apparently. In the listing for the deal on the first post, there is a link to the GameStop landing page, here: http://www.gamestop....de/default.aspx. If you read the values for the hard drive there is an asterisk. At the bottom the asterisk is explained as the values being valid within 7 days of the hardware purchase. Trust the website, a good portion of the employees don't know what's going on promo wise.

all-banner.jpg

CAG Apple Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/WWF IDs

CAG Game Database & You - Small little tutorial I guess you would call it.

#210 Kezmer

Kezmer

Disgruntled Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2010 - 02:45 PM

well I see on gamestops site that a lot have them in stock around me so i ripped it all down and am going to try to go get one today with all the trade ins. time will tell if they take my old controllers that my dog put her teeth into lol
[URL="http://exophase.com/gamercards/"]Posted Image[/URL]