Photo
- - - - -

Medal Of Honor multiplayer beta out now for FREE!

• Please log in to reply
188 replies to this topic

#91 chopper731

chopper731

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2010 - 06:03 AM

I just played a couple hours and this is nothing like Bad Company. It is much more similar to Call of Duty where it is fast paced and does not have fully destructible environments. I'm sure it will improve greatly but as of right now I would much rather play Bad Company 2.

#92 MidnightRider1

MidnightRider1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2010 - 06:06 AM

Thanks OP, got the download beta

#93 boredasfook

boredasfook

Let's Get Weird!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2010 - 06:16 AM

THANK YOU OP!!!

btw my ps3 is having some sort of like death lag issues and its constantly freezing, but everything seems to work fine on my pc.

Currently playing:
:pc: League of Legends/Titanfall
:3ds: Pokemon Y
:ps3: Okami HD

:ps4: NBA 2K14

#94 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2010 - 06:22 AM

Yeah I'm getting lag-killed a lot, and my system just locked up while playing on the PS3.

#95 LeonSKennedy

LeonSKennedy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2010 - 06:29 AM

Yeah I'm getting lag-killed a lot, and my system just locked up while playing on the PS3.

Same here. I think the game has a lot of potential though (official release date is 10/12/10), and I love DICE's work with multiplayer in BC2.

Sadly, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, so therefore any game is going to try and emulate the success of multiplayer in MW2. I think what makes or breaks games now (if you've played MW2 or BC2, there's not much difference between them) like Medal of Honor, or even the upcoming COD: Black Ops is how good the single player is.

To me single player makes or breaks MOH, not it's multiplayer. Multiplayer is just icing on the cake for me.

#96 FR0GGY

FR0GGY

Posted 19 June 2010 - 06:31 AM

What ever happened to originality? I guess MW2 multiplayer is a cash cow.

#97 mrosnwo

mrosnwo

Posted 19 June 2010 - 06:42 AM

Wow do most people know what beta means? It is an unfinished work in progress version. You never know maybe they will add stuff like picking up dead body weapons or blowing stuff up. I am shocked how many people mock this game when they only seen videos or played one beta match. I guess this is why most companies in the past do not put out public betas much cause to many people give the game a bad name from playing or seeing beta videos/pics...

Actually betas are closer to finished product than you may think. They're used as a stress test on networks, to uncover various bugs and exploits, and to generally see how the game runs when it's opened up to the masses. Halo 3 ran a beta test, and when the final product hit the shelves, the game itself wasn't really different at all, but there were far less cheaters and hackers then there was for Halo 2. COD used to beta test all the time, and they ran fairly well also. COD:MW2 bypassed the public beta(they only tested internally), and it's a cheaters dream come true. I'd expect some minor tweaks and fixes to this, but don't expect anything major. Who knows really, they do seem to be running it pretty early I think.

#98 Spitduck@aol.com

Spitduck@aol.com

Is out to punch!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2010 - 06:56 AM

Awesome! Thanks for the post OP!
Get money back on your online purchases, including eBay! Join through this link and help me out!
Posted Image

#99 Hydro2Oxide

Hydro2Oxide

Posted 19 June 2010 - 06:58 AM

This game is just so bad. I get it's early early beta but I don't think they can salvage this game, it handles and plays terrible, just everything about it.

#100 boatboy1

boatboy1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2010 - 07:12 AM

This worked perfectly for me. Thanks OP!

#101 monodlee

monodlee

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 19 June 2010 - 07:20 AM

Sweet

#102 RussellC

RussellC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2010 - 07:36 AM

Good find. Played it. Feels like Call of Duty.

#103 Spitduck@aol.com

Spitduck@aol.com

Is out to punch!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2010 - 08:00 AM

Anyone else having it freeze a lot on the PS3 while playing?
Get money back on your online purchases, including eBay! Join through this link and help me out!
Posted Image

#104 Boss★Moogle

Boss★Moogle

てぃもの魂の伴侶

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2010 - 08:20 AM

Does this game run in 60fps or is it super low fps like Bad Company 2?

ostzsk.jpg

#105 luan87us

luan87us

I am cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2010 - 10:36 AM

Yup i think the PS3 version is glitched. It freezes my ps3 sometime while in middle of a game. This game is very buggy and laggy at the moment. Hopefully it'll get better. Well still have Black Ops to look forward to for now.

#106 SnoT

SnoT

Twat Twat?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2010 - 11:50 AM

Got this reply from gamespot..

"Thanks for your interest in the Command & Conquer 4 Open Beta. We're currently limiting the rate at which we're distributing keys, but we've just secured you a place in line. We'll display your key here when we release more keys in the coming days, and we'll be sure to notify you by email as well."

SnoT8282.png

#107 BuDdyLe

BuDdyLe

Dat CAG though.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2010 - 12:03 PM

Got the same message SnoT, so i used a extra bc2 beta key i had and it worked perfectly. Yeah and those who are on the PS3 are not alone, I've had it freeze up 3/5 matches that I've been able to play. And as a review, feels pretty much like MW2 but a tad slower, which I like but the graphics are not what the videos promised and i don't believe its running at a full 60fps. Still have hope for them to fix up the problems and optimize the graphics a bit more. But hey, its a free beta :)

PSN - esix0

"They should fist that f :cold: ker with a RockSalt Gauntlet"

#108 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2010 - 12:14 PM

Thanks, OP. Waiting on C&C code now...

#109 Maromi

Maromi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2010 - 02:27 PM

This is closer to MW2 (piece of shit) than BC2 (a damn good game).
With DICE attached, I actually felt confident in this multiplayer beta. It's a piece of shit. With Frostbite out of the picture, you just have a static map with fast twitch-based gameplay that grows stale on anyone that doesn't have grease on their face.

Frostbite is still used for the multiplayer.

#110 SnoT

SnoT

Twat Twat?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2010 - 02:49 PM

Hmmm wonder if a used BC2 beta key would work... I think I still have the email with it....

SnoT8282.png

#111 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2010 - 02:54 PM

For those wondering why DICE would make a game closer to MW2, just think about it. Why would they want to make a game that's just like their main baby Bad Company 2 so soon after? That would split up the community pretty fast since it would essentially be like getting a complete new set of maps and game modes. By making it more like MW2 they have the best of both worlds, allowing both to co-exist

#112 eselv73

eselv73

Posted 19 June 2010 - 03:00 PM

Does anyone know if the ps3 beta supports 1080i ?

#113 fatmanforlife99

fatmanforlife99

I need a weapon.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2010 - 03:17 PM

I got the same thing too, looks like they caught on

There are those who said this day would never come. What are they to say now?

#114 EarthBoundX5

EarthBoundX5

Chef Jesus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2010 - 03:57 PM

Got this reply from gamespot..

"Thanks for your interest in the Command & Conquer 4 Open Beta. We're currently limiting the rate at which we're distributing keys, but we've just secured you a place in line. We'll display your key here when we release more keys in the coming days, and we'll be sure to notify you by email as well."

same here, lets hope it'll all still work after they "get more"

I don't like having a sig, but for CAG, I figured I'd sheep along.

163177.pngfs_pc.png
http://gamercard.xbo...een/ChefJesusX5 eebeta-badge-small.png
GAP - Since 2003
CAG - Lurked well before current join date

#115 THEKIDFGY

THEKIDFGY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2010 - 03:59 PM

I keep getting an invalid code box on ps3. On twitter they say they are working on the problem but I'm having no luck.

Anyone have an extra code they want to pm me?

#116 chopper731

chopper731

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2010 - 05:02 PM

Yes. It froze a few times on me during a the course of 3 hours of play last night. It's to be expected with a beta though, especially an early one.

#117 MrOogieBoogie

MrOogieBoogie

The Once and Future Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2010 - 07:18 PM

Thanks op! I just d/l it and have to wait till tomorrow to give it a shot. Hope it has the potential to be at least on par with COD because I really do not want to support Activision anymore.

ebvp.jpg

#118 dothatthing

dothatthing

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2010 - 08:19 PM

Does anyone know if the ps3 beta supports 1080i ?

I'm not sure what the resolution is... but Bad Company 2 was 720p cross-platform, so MoH is probably the same.... that's not necessarily a bad thing, look at Uncharted 2, a great looking game at 720p. With 720 vs 1080 in video games there seems to be no clear winner. In order to output in 1080, things like frame rate and draw distances have to be cut back. Both can look great if done right.
Posted Image

#119 Survivalism

Survivalism

CAG's Lance Boyle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2010 - 08:25 PM

ITT: Conveniently forget that Call of Duty was a ripoff of Medal of Honor in the first place, compare the two unfairly.

Can't say I didn't see that coming.

#120 dothatthing

dothatthing

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2010 - 08:37 PM

To those of you questioning the quality of the beta, please keep in mind that this IS A BETA. Read the full disclaimer that they make you agree to in order to play, it explains it all right there. Technically, none of us is supposed to be sharing any information about the contents of the beta outside of the official MoH forums. In the name of communication and community however, I believe that adressing certain issues here(PS3 freezing) is acceptable. If you have played the beta and have any questions, comments, suggestions, or complaints, please feel free to take them straight to EA
http://forum.ea.com/...s/show/190.page
This is what betas are for... We are providing them free game testing and input in exchange for early access to certain aspects of the game. The main reason, however, is not for the beta tester's enjoyment, it is to make the game better for everybody once the game is officially released. By giving input and feedback (even complaints) to the official EA forums, you are helping to make the game better once it comes out, and if you have the time to do so, I highly recommend it.
Posted Image