Photo
- - - - -

Medal Of Honor multiplayer beta out now for FREE!

• Please log in to reply
188 replies to this topic

#121 dothatthing

dothatthing

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2010 - 08:39 PM

ITT: Conveniently forget that Call of Duty was a ripoff of Medal of Honor in the first place, compare the two unfairly.

Can't say I didn't see that coming.

True words of wisdom!!! Know your roots!!!
Posted Image

#122 xeysz

xeysz

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 19 June 2010 - 08:40 PM

Hmmm wonder if a used BC2 beta key would work... I think I still have the email with it....

it will, it uses the same format. APB however uses a different format and I'm not sure about other EA betas

#123 Diebythesword

Diebythesword

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2010 - 09:04 PM

I don't see how the BC2 beta will work since it's 12 digits and not 16

edit- well I tried 4 random numbers and I seriously thought it was gonna go through but led to a different page saying code does not exist

#124 Hydro2Oxide

Hydro2Oxide

Posted 19 June 2010 - 09:25 PM

Can anyone else not crouch? I can't tell if they purposefully left it out because I think I see other people doing it but I just can't crouch...

EDIT: If you choose the option "Toggle Crouch: OFF" It breaks a lot of controls. Don't do that.

Edited by Hydro2Oxide, 19 June 2010 - 09:36 PM.

#125 dothatthing

dothatthing

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2010 - 09:38 PM

For those of you experiencing PS3 freezing issues, try to avoid pressing select or start as much as possible. If you press select while you're in the load out screen, a hard freeze is almost inevitable at the moment.
If you are looking for more information about the freezing issue, or know of any other instances that causes freezing, please go to this page, the official DEV thread about it

http://forum.ea.com/...ist/960279.page
Posted Image

#126 DirtySeeSaw

DirtySeeSaw

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2010 - 11:20 PM

For those of you experiencing PS3 freezing issues, try to avoid pressing select or start as much as possible. If you press select while you're in the load out screen, a hard freeze is almost inevitable at the moment.
If you are looking for more information about the freezing issue, or know of any other instances that causes freezing, please go to this page, the official DEV thread about it

http://forum.ea.com/...ist/960279.page

The only way I have found to stop the freezes is to stop playing. Every time I press start or select I'm taking a gamble, every time I score 4 kills in a row and get my points over 40 for a chain it locks up. I should have just waited for the 360 one, at least its being worked on right now, I hate using R1 to shoot, bastard ass developers need to give me the option to change it to R2.

#127 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2010 - 11:35 PM

Just to confirm, the only way to play in the beta is if you had a VIP code for BC2?

#128 Idomis

Idomis

Posted 19 June 2010 - 11:40 PM

Just to confirm, the only way to play in the beta is if you had a VIP code for BC2?

Until Monday, yes. On Monday, it becomes open to anyone with a preorder (or illegitimately earned) code.

#129 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2010 - 11:45 PM

Oh okay thanks. I helped a friend get the code but didn't realize he had to have the VIP (I got in :D)

#130 dothatthing

dothatthing

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2010 - 11:50 PM

The only way I have found to stop the freezes is to stop playing. Every time I press start or select I'm taking a gamble, every time I score 4 kills in a row and get my points over 40 for a chain it locks up. I should have just waited for the 360 one, at least its being worked on right now, I hate using R1 to shoot, bastard ass developers need to give me the option to change it to R2.

To each their own....
If you feel that strongly about it, then you should leave a comment with the developers......
http://forum.ea.com/...s/show/190.page
But if you really dislike using the R1 button to shoot, then maybe PS3 isn't the right system for you, because many shooters on the PS3 force you to use the R1 button, and the controller was designed with that in mind.
Posted Image

#131 dothatthing

dothatthing

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2010 - 12:01 AM

I have the beta for PS3 already, but want to try in on PC as well. I'm pretty sure you can only have one beta per BF VIP account, so I will be waiting until monday to try the PC beta.
Posted Image

#132 dothatthing

dothatthing

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2010 - 12:11 AM

Someone on the MoH forums posted something that seems to be working for alot of people, the link is right here..........

http://forum.ea.com/...ist/962769.page

Basically, don't ever hit select, and don't ever score 40 or more when you're playing as the insurgents.
Posted Image

#133 cRodz

cRodz

Lead Chimp Ass

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2010 - 01:07 AM

So the 21 starts for me huh? =/

ok after i am done with my final, i shall celebrate by playin MoH till nightfall :D

#134 dothatthing

dothatthing

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2010 - 03:52 AM

Wow, cool!! I just used my extra beta code to play the PC version as well, with the same VIP account that I used for the PS3. For any VIP members who want to try it on both platforms, get another beta code and link it with the same VIP account. It looks really cool on the PC, even on my crappy laptop with all the video settings turned down and a chunky framerate. Going back to PS3 now, though, cuz my keyboard and mouse suck.
Posted Image

#135 chopper731

chopper731

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2010 - 03:52 AM

I wish they would have options in the beta to change the control scheme as well. The R1 = shoot is what I like though personally. I don't like the triggers to be the fire button. Probably because I don't like double action triggers, much prefer single action so the R1 makes it feel more at home for me.

#136 Nerv_001

Nerv_001

Posted 20 June 2010 - 05:40 PM

has anyone tried pre ordering from the ea store? Can you cancel your pre order if you do?

#137 dothatthing

dothatthing

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2010 - 05:56 PM

I looked into it, yes, you should be able to cancel, but some people said there's no easy way to do it... You may have to do a chat with the techs directly in order to cancel. I've never done it before so I don't know. I waited till the morning and threw down $5 at gamestop so i didn't have to deal with it.
Posted Image

#138 MrOogieBoogie

MrOogieBoogie

The Once and Future Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2010 - 07:19 PM

So I went to go play the beta today and it said only BCII players with official(or some word like that) vip players can access the beta. And it let me play around the menu but it didn't let me start a game. Happening to anyone else?

ebvp.jpg

#139 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2010 - 07:22 PM

So I went to go play the beta today and it said only BCII players with official(or some word like that) vip players can access the beta. And it let me play around the menu but it didn't let me start a game. Happening to anyone else?

You have to wait till tomorrow if you don't have BC2 VIP

#140 mistymayem

mistymayem

I like video games.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2010 - 08:20 PM

Any word on a release date for the 360?
:360::bouncy:

#141 basis

basis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2010 - 11:28 PM

will X360 beta be free or do we need to pre-order as well to get into it?

#142 Maynard

Maynard

Steam 48 hours a week.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2010 - 01:47 AM

I own Battlefield Bad Company 2 on Steam. How the hell do i get into the beta now? I'm confused.

Posted Image

#143 dothatthing

dothatthing

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2010 - 04:19 AM

As of now, Maynard, it doesn't really apply, because beginning the 21st.... (i think at 12am). But for early access before the 21st, you have to use the EA account that you have BFBC 2 VIP status with when you sign in on the beta. Also check out the EA gunclub:
http://www.gunclub.ea.com/
Posted Image

#144 dothatthing

dothatthing

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2010 - 04:25 AM

will X360 beta be free or do we need to pre-order as well to get into it?

yes, basis, you have to preorder to get the beta code, unless you managed to nab one from some other means before they all got snatched up...
If you did manage to get a beta code without preordering, then I would assume that once it does go live for Xbox 360 that the Medal of honor beta site would update to include the choice for 360, since the codes initially are for all 3 platforms, when you redeem online, that is when you choose which platform you want it for.
http://www.medalofhonor.com/beta
Posted Image

#145 AEJustin1

AEJustin1

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2010 - 08:33 AM

I'm enjoying the beta, but it's pretty much the same thing as BF BC2, plays just like it, looks close to it, but I like it.

#146 LeonSKennedy

LeonSKennedy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2010 - 09:06 AM

I'm hoping I can play against some family members once this becomes open to non-VIP BFBC2 accounts. I've already set up the beta on my system and my nephew's. When we tried to play the other night, he got a message stating he needed a VIP account to play. I'm hoping we won't have that issue once it becomes open to non-BFBC2 accounts?

#147 jj5206

jj5206

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2010 - 02:48 PM

betas out for PC and PS3 but not 360 :( guess I have to wait an extra week to get it....

#148 Wildcat1080

Wildcat1080

Posted 21 June 2010 - 03:39 PM

is there ANY way to get in (on PC) without pre-ordering? I'm VIP in BC2 (own it on steam) but in gun club it still just says that applies to early access.

I want to playyyyy

#149 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 21 June 2010 - 03:50 PM

FYI, Amazon pre-orders include a beta key and there's no obligation to buy. Just got mine this morning.

#150 cawthor

cawthor

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2010 - 04:09 PM

How long did it take to receive the key from amazon after you ordered?