Photo
- - - - -

Medal Of Honor multiplayer beta out now for FREE!

• Please log in to reply
188 replies to this topic

#151 dothatthing

dothatthing

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2010 - 04:21 PM

Amazon was supposed to start sending theirs out today, the 21st...
Posted Image

#152 IdiotSavant09

IdiotSavant09

Posted 21 June 2010 - 04:32 PM

Anyone get the message "
Sorry, that does not appear to be a valid Medal of Honor beta redemption key." when you enter the C&C beta code? I picked my code up a few days ago and waited til today to use it... Did they fix it or did I just get a bad code?

#153 Wildcat1080

Wildcat1080

Posted 21 June 2010 - 04:55 PM

FYI, Amazon pre-orders include a beta key and there's no obligation to buy. Just got mine this morning.

That's what I was hoping. Amazon usually doesn't charge till it ships. I guess I'll go that route.

#154 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 21 June 2010 - 05:22 PM

How long did it take to receive the key from amazon after you ordered?

Can't say since it's been on order since they listed it; probably a couple months now. I'd assume you get the key immediately after pre-ordering though.

#155 usafutbol

usafutbol

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2010 - 07:15 PM

I just pre-ordered it today on amazon and don't have the code yet. It's only been 20 minutes for me though.

#156 fatmanforlife99

fatmanforlife99

I TRAIN UFC BRO

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2010 - 07:19 PM

Its supposed to go free today

Black Ops SUCKS!!!

#157 mrsilkunderwear

mrsilkunderwear

Just Do It.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2010 - 07:20 PM

Anyone has problems picking a system? I was under the impression that the xbox beta is going live today but it only shows PC and PS3.

#158 dothatthing

dothatthing

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2010 - 11:41 PM

Anyone has problems picking a system? I was under the impression that the xbox beta is going live today but it only shows PC and PS3.

The Xbox 360 beta has been delayed till either later this week, or early next week... But they will be extending the beta for the 360 to make up for lost time, so you will be getting the same month long window as PC and PS3
Posted Image

#159 Nerv_001

Nerv_001

Posted 22 June 2010 - 01:45 AM

has anyone who pre ordered from amazon got a code? I haven't got mine yet.....

#160 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2010 - 01:52 AM

Yep I got mine this morning.

#161 dothatthing

dothatthing

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2010 - 02:01 AM

Damn, that sucks... you would think that they would send out emails right away on the 21st... If you really can't wait to play, you could throw down $5 at a gamestop (cancel later), redeem your beta code, and then when amazon finally gives you yours, you could give it to a friend or something.
Posted Image

#162 Dazed28

Dazed28

Posted 22 June 2010 - 02:02 AM

I also got mine this morning I think it was around 2am

#163 the8055

the8055

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2010 - 02:07 AM

the keeps lagging and freezes every time I get a killstreak wtf?

#164 Nerv_001

Nerv_001

Posted 22 June 2010 - 02:27 AM

Yep I got mine this morning.

yeah i just went to their website and it said they would send it with 5 days or ordering. Kind of sucks, but it didn't say that when I pre ordered it. oh well, I guess i'll just go up to gamestop and reserve one.

#165 Lord Haart

Lord Haart

Posted 22 June 2010 - 05:02 AM

If anyone got a spare key via the C&C4 method, I would greatly, greatly appreciate one.

#166 tightclaws

tightclaws

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2010 - 05:12 AM

Yeah I'm not impressed.

#167 LeonSKennedy

LeonSKennedy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2010 - 08:02 AM

Yeah I'm not impressed.

I've had it freeze on me multiple times, and what pisses me off the most is the "kill lag" (for lack of a better term) I encounter every time I shoot an opponent (they should die but don't) and within seconds I'm the one dead.

I hope they're spending more time focusing on the Single Player aspect of the game than they are the Multiplayer, because from what I've played so far, there's not much reason to play this Multiplayer when BFBC2, MW2, and even COD: WAW are a much better experience online.

#168 kona

kona

denham's dentrifice

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2010 - 08:10 AM

Yeah...it seems that only happens if you play as an insurgent. Which is why the coalition team almost always wins while the other team is shorthanded. The only workaround so far is to kill yourself before you get a lengthy killstreak and hit 40/40 :roll:

#169 LeonSKennedy

LeonSKennedy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2010 - 08:33 AM

Yeah...it seems that only happens if you play as an insurgent. Which is why the coalition team almost always wins while the other team is shorthanded. The only workaround so far is to kill yourself before you get a lengthy killstreak and hit 40/40 :roll:

Good point! I never thought about that, but you're right in that I've never been on the winning team in a match when I'm an insurgent.

#170 cRodz

cRodz

Lead Chimp Ass

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2010 - 08:39 AM

I've had it freeze on me multiple times, and what pisses me off the most is the "kill lag" (for lack of a better term) I encounter every time I shoot an opponent (they should die but don't) and within seconds I'm the one dead.

I hope they're spending more time focusing on the Single Player aspect of the game than they are the Multiplayer, because from what I've played so far, there's not much reason to play this Multiplayer when BFBC2, MW2, and even COD: WAW are a much better experience online.

I am not sure about that kill lag.
I could have swore that the lag or freezing for one second comes AFTER you are dead. Meaning that you never had a chance to begin with.
I believe i had experienced it that way.

#171 LeonSKennedy

LeonSKennedy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2010 - 09:03 AM

I am not sure about that kill lag.
I could have swore that the lag or freezing for one second comes AFTER you are dead. Meaning that you never had a chance to begin with.
I believe i had experienced it that way.

That may be the case, though it definitely doesn't register when I shoot someone point blank (the game seems to go in slow motion, and the next thing I know my character is flopping to his death). I shoot- they live. They shoot- I die.

I'm happy to have the opportunity to play, and I realize that it's just a beta and not the finished product. However, if I was someone on the fence about the game, and was basing my opinion of whether to buy it or not on the experience they're providing us now, I'd pass.

However, I think the Single Player will be incredible, which is where I tend to base my opinion of a game like this more so anyway (60% single, 40% multi).

#172 mau64

mau64

Posted 22 June 2010 - 09:08 AM

It will be cool to see who will come on top this holiday season... Medal of Honor, Halo: Reach, or Call of Duty: Black Ops. I see it as

1) Call of Duty
2) Halo: Reach
3) Medal of Honor

#173 LeonSKennedy

LeonSKennedy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2010 - 09:27 AM

It will be cool to see who will come on top this holiday season... Medal of Honor, Halo: Reach, or Call of Duty: Black Ops. I see it as

1) Call of Duty
2) Halo: Reach
3) Medal of Honor

I'm not sure about that, though more likely than not I buy all three (just ordered a new Xbox 360 Slim). I would say it probably goes Halo, COD then MOH on Xbox 360, but on PS3 (which obviously Halo won't be released on) it will be MOH, then COD.

Medal of Honor has that "freshness" and "realism" factor due to it's setting in Afghanistan. COD Black Ops will probably be a great game, but just how many people are going to abruptly stop playing COD MW2 and play it instead? I'm guessing not too many. Speaking of that, I still find myself playing COD: WAW more than I do COD: MW2.

Regardless of how it comes out, we all win. And I definitely buy these on 360 due to the 4 or 5 to 1 ratio of online players it'll have over PS3.

#174 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 22 June 2010 - 02:05 PM

After hearing about all the issues, I decided to not even bother with the beta. Didn't really feel like wasting my time on a MW2 clone anyways.

#175 xxDOYLExx

xxDOYLExx

I Swallowed A Bug

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2010 - 02:10 PM

After hearing about all the issues, I decided to not even bother with the beta. Didn't really feel like wasting my time on a MW2 clone anyways.

don't fool yourself. In its current state, its not even close to MW2 quality.
You know were in the fade, right?

#176 TortillaSoup

TortillaSoup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2010 - 02:16 PM

Modern Warfare 2 is quality? News to me.

#177 xxDOYLExx

xxDOYLExx

I Swallowed A Bug

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2010 - 02:25 PM

quality is relative, but thanks for your trite response to anything MW related.
You know were in the fade, right?

#178 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 22 June 2010 - 02:28 PM

Lol, beat me to it. If it's worse than MW2 (if that's even possible), then I want nothing to do with it.

#179 Admiral Moo

Admiral Moo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2010 - 02:32 PM

I haven't encountered any of these lag issues on the PC Beta.

I think this game has a more subtle pace to it than the constant running and gunning in MW2. I was much more able to get around and use cover to my advantage on these maps. In MW2 people are flailing around everywhere and then getting pegged from 3/4 across the map.

#180 aleraiders

aleraiders

2 PS4's in 2 HRS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2010 - 04:53 PM

lol!!!!...man what game are you playing?????? :applause:

Don't you just love it when stupid people think you're stupid.....