Goozex Gift Card Sale! June 20th-July 4th!

game_fanatic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
19 (100%)
It's back!

Gift card: 500 Goozex points + 5 trade tokens $ 30.00
Gift card: 1000 Goozex points + 5 trade tokens $ 41.25 25% off!
Gift card: 2000 Goozex points + 5 trade tokens $ 52.50 50% off!
Gift card: 3500 Goozex points + 10 trade tokens $ 92.50 50% off!
Gift card: 5000 Goozex points + 20 trade tokens $ 135.00 50% off!
Gift card: 100 Goozex points $ 5.00
Gift card: 500 Goozex points $ 25.00
Gift card: 1000 Goozex points $ 50.00
Gift card: 2000 Goozex points $ 50.00 50% off!
Gift card: 5 trade tokens $ 5.00
Gift card: 10 trade tokens $ 10.00
Gift card: 50 trade tokens $ 33.00 33% off! (Not as good as the last sale, which had 100 tokens for $50!)

http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/shop.asp?code=G

I'll be grabbing some points, personally. With 1000 points coming out to 25USD, that's like getting a used copy of GoW3 for $25USD shipped, and makes most sales at FS/BB/EB obsolete!

[quote name='game_fanatic']Well, you can still hold true and spend more on July 1st! It is a new month, after all![/QUOTE]Hah true enough, but that doesn't really solve my spending problem ;)

Bah fine, I'll buy the points at the beginning of next month. Any idea how long the sale runs?

[quote name='maigoyume']Hah true enough, but that doesn't really solve my spending problem ;)

Bah fine, I'll buy the points at the beginning of next month. Any idea how long the sale runs?[/QUOTE]

Till July 4th!

I think I liked the Valentine's Day deals better. $42 for 1000 points is a bit too much for me.

Though, if anyone is interested, my birthday is July 24, ;)

[quote name='game_fanatic']Why would you buy 1000 points for $42 when you can buy 2000 for $50?[/QUOTE]

Exactly, I'm basically saying that I can't afford that much. During the last sale, when 1000 points and 5 tokens was like $27, I definitely got that (it was a V-Day gift from my wife).

Yeah I think during the V-Day sale I snagged 100 tokens for $50, which was a steal I though, so now I only need to worry about points heh. I'll probably grab 6000 points worth, that should last me a good while!

Damn I just spent 200$ on msp and Rock Band instruments but I don't think I can pass this up since I just ran out of points.

Damn not even 5 months since the last one, going a bit overboard adding points(adding a bunch this month with the ps3 promo too) .
Goozex has started a couple of nutty threads on the forum proposing changes - "buyer pays the shipping and seller has to use goozex lables" was the last one. Very negative reaction, hopefully they''ll give up on remaking how things work. But it does make me just a bit nervous to load up on too many points

[quote name='zoro69']Damn not even 5 months since the last one, going a bit overboard adding points(adding a bunch this month with the ps3 promo too) .
Goozex has started a couple of nutty threads on the forum proposing changes - "buyer pays the shipping and seller has to use goozex lables" was the last one. Very negative reaction, hopefully they''ll give up on remaking how things work. But it does make me just a bit nervous to load up on too many points[/QUOTE]

Yeah I hear that; if they do any crazy changes to the system I'll try and just request as many games as I can before the new changes take over, then sell/trade them, I'm sure I'd break even, but I would be devastated to say the least!

My Goozex experience has been about 95% good so far, and the issues from the remaining 5% are clearly outweighed by the value and benefits I've received. This deal is awesome news for me.

The only downside? I just bought more trading tokens last week. Should've held out a bit longer I guess.

Happy father's day to all the other dads out there!

I started using Goozex when they had their last sale in February and I'm loving it so far. I didn't really get into it until they added retro trading back in March. Overall, my experience has been positive but the trading for retro games moves kind of slow for Canadians due to too many members only trading within the U.S. I've been first in line for Earthbound since they've added it and it's already been traded 7 times between Americans.

I bought myself a 2000 + 5 tokens gift card and might end up buying another before this sale ends. This deal is really hot.

Time to activate Final Fantasy XIII from my on-hold list!

prices are in USD since it's a US based site

also, whoever said you can only trade with canadians is wrong. you can go into options and choose to deal with americans as well, but than that also means that if you want to receive games from americans that you have to be willing to send games to americans (provided you intend to send anything at all and not just buy your points)

[quote name='quakeman101']prices are in USD since it's a US based site

also, whoever said you can only trade with canadians is wrong. you can go into options and choose to deal with americans as well, but than that also means that if you want to receive games from americans that you have to be willing to send games to americans (provided you intend to send anything at all and not just buy your points)[/QUOTE]

neksus said you can also trade with only Canadians, if you want

I'm not sure how Goozex works... do you need to trade games or can you just "buy" the games and not send anything in the opposite direction? I hate sending stuff out..

Sweet, I just used up the last of my points from the last sale. Just in time for EB's console trade in deal too, wonderful.

[quote name='penetratingpincer']I'm not sure how Goozex works... do you need to trade games or can you just "buy" the games and not send anything in the opposite direction? I hate sending stuff out..[/QUOTE]
If you buy these "gift cards" then you can just receive games without having to send anything out. Otherwise those points would be earned by sending games out.

Of course if everyone thought that way there''d be a lot of points bought without any games to request...

Its incredibly easy to mail games within Canada, scrawl an address on an envelope, put on $2 in stamps and drop it in a mail box. And end up with way more value then "trade in stores" most of the time.

If you can find some of the $11 ones at FS like darksiders that is a cheaper way to get points. Didnt have any of those here though.

[quote name='penetratingpincer']I'm a black hole for games though. I have never sold any online and I just accumulate them[/QUOTE]

So why not list some of yours on your account and get points for them? You wouldn't have to buy so many during this sale that way.:D

I'm a bit of a hoarder too... but have still mailed out probably 20 games that I knew weren't going to get played through again. My collection is big enough that they won't be missed, and I've received enough new games as replacements that it's been entirely worthwhile.

One note for anyone thinking about joining Goozex: it requires plenty of patience. You don't "buy" games - you get into a queue and wait until someone else wants to trade that game away. As long as you still have points and tokens available at that time, then the game will arrive in your mailbox several days later. So turn around time can be anywhere from a week to many months depending on what you request, how many people want to trade that game away, and how many people are in line before you. It's still a great service, but people with short attention spans of "need it now" attitude might have a hard time.

Couldn't you get 1000 points last time? Not sure if I want to dump $50+ on Goozex when my existing requests are still waiting for a match.

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']Couldn't you get 1000 points last time? Not sure if I want to dump $50+ on Goozex when my existing requests are still waiting for a match.[/QUOTE]Ya you could but I guess they didn't want to do that this time.

Hey everyone,

A little late to posting here, and thanks to game_fanatic for posting quickly! So yeah, we're having a 50% off gift card sale on those shown in the OP.

One way I'd like to think of the gift card sale is that it's 50% off points -- which means it's 50% off all games & movies on Goozex!

The sale ends July 4th and you don't have to be an active trader to purchase a gift card and then get games and movies from other Goozex members.

Reminder: Our PS3 Month promotion ends next week -- and with the gift card promo you can get PS3 games without using tokens.

Happy trading, saving & playing!
-Goozex

www.goozex.com

bread's done
Back