RPG Thread VI needs a remake

• Please log in to reply
503 replies to this topic

#481 Rodimus

Rodimus

I'm Different

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2010 - 02:15 AM

Not that I remember. I don't think Tseng pays any special attention to Cloud at all, other than as an AVALANCHE member/general nuisance.

I always thought Tseng to be a very organized man. Hard to imagine he'd forget Cloud as one of Hojo's experiments. Considering in the end he tries to help them escape.

Well, he did just escape from a lab and see his friend die. I'd be a bit annoyed with the world/other people, too.

But didn't he adopt Zack's memory meaning he erased this? And if not then at end of Crisis Core Cloud seems resolved to do something about Zacks death. He clearly takes on the burden of the Buster Sword. But at the start of FFVII he doesn't seem to be concered about anything but his damn money. It's just not a very clean transition of story or character.

Maybe Crisis Core could've added another chapter to explain Cloud's change in demeanor.

#482 R. Kasahara

R. Kasahara

The Artist Formerly Known as ブルー神羅

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2010 - 02:28 AM

I don't know firsthand how Crisis Core handled Zack's death (or Tseng's relationships to Zack and Cloud - BTW, I'm a fan of Tseng myself, and agree with your impression of him), as I haven't played it, but the way I look at the retcons in the Compilation of FFVII is as they're just that: retcons. Hell, according to Before Crisis, at least one Turk visited Nibelheim during the time of the incident (along with Sephy, Zack, and Cloud), Nanaki already had a mate (!!!), and Tifa had a pet cat, among other things.

And back to Crisis Core: oddly enough, I'm reminded of this huge fanboy argument I got into over whether or not Cloud's being in the Shinra Building in CC was a retcon.

Don't even get me started on Dirge of WTF.
sig.gif
2014 Completed Games

:-({|=  The Video Game Soundtrack Deals Thread ~ Where and how to buy game music online. Oh, and deals, too!
:whee: The Official PAX Prime (and possibly East) 2014 Thread ~ It's that time again!

#483 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2010 - 02:45 AM

And back to Crisis Core: oddly enough, I'm reminded of this huge fanboy argument I got into over whether or not Cloud's being in the Shinra Building in CC was a retcon.

OMG NERDS!

*Reads entire thread*

33126.png

#484 creid

creid

Dead For The Summer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2010 - 04:05 AM

Some middle aged asian man was walking around the park near my office in a FFVII pre-order t-shirt. wtf?

#485 GhostShark

GhostShark

The Drunken Whaler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2010 - 04:41 AM

I'm on Chapter 5 of Eternal Sonata. I really like the game and it handles the groups perfectly, but god damn there is no variation with enemies. Everything is just the same monster with a color swap.

I do, however, love the music. Chopin's music and the rest of the soundtrack are both relaxing to listen, too.
Posted Image

Stinging Death To All Enemies

#486 R. Kasahara

R. Kasahara

The Artist Formerly Known as ブルー神羅

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2010 - 12:30 PM

Got to the 50% completion mark in DQIX's Alchenomicon last night. There's still some sidequests I want to wrap up before getting back to the story stuff (near the endgame), though.
sig.gif
2014 Completed Games

:-({|=  The Video Game Soundtrack Deals Thread ~ Where and how to buy game music online. Oh, and deals, too!
:whee: The Official PAX Prime (and possibly East) 2014 Thread ~ It's that time again!

#487 depascal22

depascal22

Daddy Fat Sacks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2010 - 06:25 PM

Jumping back into FFXIII this afternoon. The Goozex value is starting to drop and I'd rather not spend more than a few hundred points on a mediocre game.

#488 doodofdoods

doodofdoods

Prinny Powered

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 August 2010 - 08:31 PM

Some middle aged asian man was walking around the park near my office in a FFVII pre-order t-shirt. wtf?

I have that shirt. My young mind was easily swayed by free loot back then... not much has changed.
Posted Image

#489 ForeStorm

ForeStorm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2010 - 02:21 PM

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion.

Normally, I'd say something like "Graaaah, Morrowind is better raaaaah" bet then I played Morrowind and forget it's less action more RPG, with hits being successful based on attack rolls and skill. Then I went "oh. I want something more actiony."

Of course, Oblivion has a hit-detection scheme, rather than roll-to-hit, but the world sucked to me. Nothing really ever that dangerous, I didn't like (like some) how everything levelled with you...so I modded it. I'd play for a bit, find more mods, start over, play for a bit, etc.

But? I had the urge to bash some bandits and skeletons recently. So? Oblivion!

And then I found FCOM, combining like...the big mods out there. Fran's, OOO, Martigen's Monster Mod, Warcry. Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

It took a while to install, but I got a character out of the sewers. Argonian. Blade, blunt (kinda redundant), marksman, block, armorer, light armor, restoration. It's my usual character right out of the gate. We'll see how far I play. :)

One note: Magicka regens so much faster with...this. I think a mage may actually be viable early game.

#490 ctrek3

ctrek3

Posted 28 August 2010 - 02:35 PM

which shirt, there were two, the white one with cloud on it, or the black one with sephiroth walking through the flames on the back
Posted Image

#491 Rodimus

Rodimus

I'm Different

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2010 - 02:41 PM

Grandia really picks up during the second half.

#492 creid

creid

Dead For The Summer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2010 - 02:51 PM

which shirt, there were two, the white one with cloud on it, or the black one with sephiroth walking through the flames on the back

It was the first. I've never seen the second. Where was it given out?

#493 2DMention

2DMention

Posted 29 August 2010 - 04:38 PM

I had that shirt too, but it went to hell years ago.
Posted Image

#494 Rodimus

Rodimus

I'm Different

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2010 - 06:55 PM

I also had that preorder FFVII Cloud shirt. It was my favorite shirt for years. It started to get holes in it so I gave it to a friend to stitch up. Unfortunately she dropped out of college shortly after and I never saw it again.

#495 GhostShark

GhostShark

The Drunken Whaler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2010 - 08:14 PM

It's so easy to level up in Eternal Sonata. Also, Salsa is best character ever. Yeah, I said it.
Posted Image

#496 Rodimus

Rodimus

I'm Different

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2010 - 08:34 PM

Ughh I hated Salsa. I never used her or her sister. I liked Jazz, defiantly has the coolest weapon in the game. Unfortunately his character was way underdeveloped, but then all the characters are.

#497 depascal22

depascal22

Daddy Fat Sacks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2010 - 08:41 PM

I just used Jazz, Viola, and a mixture of the other characters.

Viola is pretty damn awesome with her healing and long range combat abilities.

#498 Rodimus

Rodimus

I'm Different

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2010 - 08:55 PM

Viola's the chick with the bow right? I used her a lot too. Her long range attacks were devastating. As a character she's the blandest person in the game.

#499 depascal22

depascal22

Daddy Fat Sacks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2010 - 10:04 PM

I think that's because she joins the party so late in the game. All of the decent character development happens in the first couple hours and then, well you know.

#500 GhostShark

GhostShark

The Drunken Whaler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2010 - 12:07 AM

I'm finding the bosses at the end to be very easy with Chopin, Jazz and March/Salsa. March and Salsa build up combos so easily and they hit surprisingly hard. I really find no purpose for a healer on my team. Sometimes I will sub out Chopin for Alegretto or Viola.

Also, Viola doesn't join the game later. She joins it pretty early. You might be thinking about Falsetto.
Posted Image

#501 SinOfHeart

SinOfHeart

Teddie's #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2010 - 12:43 AM

I used Chopin/Allegretto, Polka, and Falsetto. Falsetto was my favorite character, I loved how she fought hand to hand and had short hair.

432990.pngTeddie_Swimsuit_Sig.jpg
sig.gif

#502 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2010 - 01:12 AM

http://www.siliconer...ds-love-on-wii/

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#503 Rodimus

Rodimus

I'm Different

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2010 - 01:42 AM

New thread:

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=271514

#504 ctrek3

ctrek3

Posted 04 September 2010 - 02:31 PM

It was the first. I've never seen the second. Where was it given out?

the the black one was a preorder bonus for the pc version

i cant find any pics online, i will look for the shirt, i still have both.
Posted Image