Best Way To Sell a Wii?

nrfuller

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Okay so it's official: I'm done with the Wii. Ever since I got my 360, the Wii is just gathering dust and I've decided I might as well just sell it. Once you've seen the big city, there's no going back to the farm, etc.

The only problem is, I'm not sure how or where to sell it. I'd rather not go to Gamestop because I know they don't give you much for it. But I'm also worried about ebay because I read so many stories about sellers getting ripped off on there, now that only buyers can leave feedback. I hear all kinds of horror stories about buyers getting the items, claiming they're broken, then sending back a totally different (and very broken) unit to the seller, claiming that's the one they got, etc. That kind of only leaves Craigslist, which I've never used and I'm not too familiar with. When I do a search for wiis, I see lots of ridiculous listings offering stuff for either ridiculously high or low prices, which makes me worried that craigslist is also full of scammers.

Anyone out there have any practical advice on how to best sell my wii? I've got a ton of stuff for it, balance board, 2 controllers, battery pack for the balance board, etc. It's over a year old but barely used and while I know I'll never get top dollar- I was hoping to get a decent price for it. Anyone out there have ideas on where to begin? Thanks in advance for any thoughts anyone might have, I appreciate it.

Why not sell it here on the trading forum and be willing to break up the bundle if necessary? I've done so many times and have always had a good experience.

Actually I didn't realize the site had a trading forum, thank you for the heads up. I like that idea, I'm gonna try that route.

Do you still have points in the Shop Channel to be used, out of curiousity?

Oh and even if this doesn't work out, don't sell it back to Gamestop without following procedures properly. Packing it up AS IS in the box is NOT the way to do it.

bread's done
Back