CAGcast #202: The E3 2010 Not So Limited Collector's Edition

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[preview][IMG-L=5838]15060[/IMG-L]The CAGcast E3 Collector's Edition contains:

* Brand new CAGcast recorded today (0 to 1:31:34)
* E3 CAGcast recorded last week in LA (1:31:35 to 2:49:34)
* 10 Audioboos from E3 (2:49:34 to end)
* Invisible poster featuring Wombat in jean shorts

[podcast]111[/podcast]
Download - 204 minutes, 98MB
iTunes: Subscribe - Review

Support the CAGcast with these GoDaddy coupon codes:
10% off any order = CAG10
$5 off $30 = CAG5OFF30
$7.49 domain = CAGDOMAIN[/preview]

Show Linkage/Notes (click the button below to expand):

Last edited by a moderator:
Woo hoo! Longest CAGcast ever!

EDIT: Holy shit Cheapy and Shipwreck! (especially Cheapy) You were a total dick to Wombat from almost the beginning of the show! Not cool guys... That was just fuckin lame...

3 hours plus? What do you think this is, old school Checkmate Arcade? :)

I think we'll still beat you with episode 100 though. First part we recorded on Tuesday and part 2 which will actually be E3 stuff is recording tomorrow night.

Thanks for putting everything up that you did at E3.

Much love for Wombat!!!! I literally cringed at some of the comments. Cheapy and Shipwreck really hurt his feeling. Not cool.

Have to agree with some of the messages above. Wombat doesn't deserve that kind of treatment, especially from his supposed friends. For shame Cheapy and Boatcrash, for shame!

[quote name='Wickedsoul']Much love for Wombat!!!! I literally cringed at some of the comments. Cheapy and Shipwreck really hurt his feeling. Not cool.[/QUOTE]

I know, I cringed too. What I had intended as good natured ribbing turned sour, and I've apologized profusely to Wombat about it. Like any friendship, sometimes you say things that you regret - this just happened to be recorded...

We truly are friends though and we're cool now. That said, I'll be apologizing again next episode.

I should've asked one of you to check out Metroid. While I'm extremely excited for Metroid, it REALLY worries me. I'm also surprised you glossed over Donkey Kong. While you said you played it, I don't think you gave any impressions about it.

Do you think the notion that Nintendo put forward about the 3DS, 3D without glasses, undermines Sony's pitch for 3D (Buy a TV, glasses, etc.)? And do you think it worked?

I honestly enjoyed the Hotel Room CAGcast bonus with the exception of the part where it echoed for a couple of minutes.

Donkey Kong Country impressions: It feels like Donkey Kong Country and the mine car portions are still difficult due to precise timing. Also, I had to repeat the same section multiple times because it returns you to the beginning of the level like old platformers (I think there are checkpoints though). I enjoyed the brief time I had with it.

I think the A in CAG stood for awkward during the latter half of the 'Brand new CAGcast recorded today' segment.

Nice to see that motion control remains just as pointless for hardcore gamers as it was back when the Wii launched.

oh, and we love you Wombat.

I think wombat was being a little hyper sensitive and probably what kicked off his insecurity was that cheapy started the show by saying he didnt really know wombat, which i can see as more hurtful than the rest of the comments, merely being examples of how little he knows wombat.

weird, i got the nude version of Wombat in my copy. must be a misprint but i'll take it.

btw, lookin' forward to hearing what the fuss was about. if you guys hurt Wombat's feelings, i'm gonna come kick your asses!

Hey Cag Crew!

I've been listening to the show for a few years now, but never left a comment before.

I have a little boy right about the same age as Tai and Sabrina. It's been great listening to the show over the past two years and hearing you guys go through what I've gone/going through, like the kids biting, talking for the first time and massively poop filled diapers.

I also love this website and your podcast. Wombat, Cheapy and BoatCrash all bring so much to the show and have awesome chemistry. And it truly amazes me what Cheapy has accomplished with this website. I run a movie website that does decent traffic, but no where near Cag. Cheapy is living my dream. :) It's seriously very impressive dude. I would love to hear the war stories sometime about you trying to get this thing of the ground.

I'm very much looking forward to this episode. And I'm quite curious to hear what you guys end up fighting about. It seems like BoatCrash ended up apologizing, which surprises me.

Love the GoDaddy codes. I'm a freelance web developer and use them almost weekly. Keep up the theme music during the plugs Wombat. It's great. :)

Have a great day guys!

Butcher

[quote name='JMEPO']Woo hoo! Longest CAGcast ever!

EDIT: Holy shit Cheapy and Shipwreck! (especially Cheapy) You were a total dick to Wombat from almost the beginning of the show! Not cool guys... That was just fuckin lame...[/QUOTE]

My sentiments exactly. Obviously Wombat played it off and was cool about it but you guys were jerks to him. Not cool at all. He may say it didnt bother him, but there is no way it couldnt. You shouldnt be rude to a so called friend like that, especially when tons of people are listening too.

Cheapy you really secured your position as Douchebag of the year 2010 with this show, Wombat's feelings were clearly hurt and yet you didn't say sorry, you just carried on insulting wombat! It really put a downer on the show and made it really awkward. Shipwreck was also to blame, but he atleast was trying to move the show on to stop Cheapy from wailing on Wombat.

[quote name='Thevoiceinyourhead']Cheapy you really secured your position as Douchebag of the year 2010 with this show, Wombat's feelings were clearly hurt and yet you didn't say sorry, you just carried on insulting wombat! It really put a downer on the show and made it really awkward. Shipwreck was also to blame, but he atleast was trying to move the show on to stop Cheapy from wailing on Wombat.[/QUOTE]
Agreed. All this talk of not knowing Wombat by Cheapy...?Well I guess we all know Cheapy now too. Not cool.

[quote name='shipwreck']Donkey Kong Country impressions: It feels like Donkey Kong Country and the mine car portions are still difficult due to precise timing. Also, I had to repeat the same section multiple times because it returns you to the beginning of the level like old platformers (I think there are checkpoints though). I enjoyed the brief time I had with it.[/QUOTE]

That sounds like I'll enjoy it then. Those stages never gave me much trouble in the original DKC (The gas powered moving platform however...). I wonder what control method would work better for that game: Wiimote/Nunchuck or Wiimote sideways. I read that both would be an option.

Not to sound like a broken record, but you really twisted the knife on Wombat this show, Cheapy. Shipwreck did too, but at least he tried to move on. Cheapy just kept digging the hole deeper. And to make matters worse...you publicly released the audio!

Not cool at all.

Yeah a little harsh on wombat, great memories for his first E3. Anyway, I watched the Sony conference live and I remember when they announced the move prices. $49.99 - yay! applause! $29.99 - silence. It was hilarious.

[quote name='KingBroly']Do you think the notion that Nintendo put forward about the 3DS, 3D without glasses, undermines Sony's pitch for 3D (Buy a TV, glasses, etc.)? And do you think it worked?[/QUOTE]

I don't think a 3 inch screen would ever be able to undermine a 57 inch screen. The 3DS works because as a portable, the viewer is forced into a specific sitting area. The same tech can be used on large screens, but the 'sweet spots' for viewing are much more finicky and problematic.

Wow CheapyD was just a complete dick to Wombat. I love how Cheapy says you don't take free stuff when you're press to Wombat yet he has no problem receiving a free 360 slim from Microsoft. I know that the 360 did not seem to effect your opinion of Microsoft but I doubt the Nyko bag effected Wombats opinion either. Just thought Cheapy was kind of being a fucking hypocrite

Yes I know he is giving away 5 360 slims but he still is getting one himself for free

[quote name='JMEPO']
EDIT: Holy shit Cheapy and Shipwreck! (especially Cheapy) You were a total dick to Wombat from almost the beginning of the show! Not cool guys... That was just fuckin lame...[/QUOTE]

Agreed, not cool. Stop acting like Wombat's some guy that you met on the streets at E3. Wombat is a integral part to Cheap Ass Gamer and should be treated as such. I think a apologetic audio boo is in order from CheapyD and Shipwreck.

[quote name='Thevoiceinyourhead']Cheapy you really secured your position as Douchebag of the year 2010 with this show.[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly. At least shipwreck seemed to realize when it went too far. Still great to hear E3 opinions, even with those few awkward moments.

All the years that Cheapy and Wombat have spent together conversing over the internet should count for something. For Cheapy to say he hardly "knows" wombat based on the simple fact that he has spent little time with him in person is bull. Especially when, arguably, one of the most important aspects to the CAG site is community and building relationships with people with common interests via an internet forum.

Wombat is a stand up guy, and gets my kudos for trucking on through the show.

I'm not sure what I would have done in his place.

I don't usually post in the show thread (unless there is a contest lol) but had to come and chime in. What a couple of douchebags. Sheesh. You could tell from the audio that Shipwreck knew they were crossing a line and backed off a bit, but Cheapy just plowed full steam ahead.

I wouldn't blame Wombat if this was his last CagCast. That was pretty ridiculous. Cheapy ripped him down for getting free stuff, and living up to other Jewish stereotypes. Last I checked, this was cheapassgamer.com, and not uppitydouchebaggamer.com. I like Wombat because he's what this site represents. Shipwreck sounds so far up Cheapy's asshole, that he'd agree with anything he said, and jumped on the Wombat hate train. For shame guys. For shame.

[quote name='kaw']I wouldn't blame Wombat if this was his last CagCast.[/QUOTE]
Me neither. I'd certainly leave, if I were in his place. The hurt feelings were one thing, but Cheapy made it public.

[quote name='kaw']I wouldn't blame Wombat if this was his last CagCast. That was pretty ridiculous. Cheapy ripped him down for getting free stuff, and living up to other Jewish stereotypes. Last I checked, this was cheapassgamer.com, and not uppitydouchebaggamer.com. I like Wombat because he's what this site represents. Shipwreck sounds so far up Cheapy's asshole, that he'd agree with anything he said, and jumped on the Wombat hate train. For shame guys. For shame.[/QUOTE]

As far as I'm concerned, Wombat can take all the free swag he wants. Cheapy got a freaking Xbox 360 for free for crying out loud.

[quote name='kaw']I wouldn't blame Wombat if this was his last CagCast. That was pretty ridiculous. Cheapy ripped him down for getting free stuff, and living up to other Jewish stereotypes. Last I checked, this was cheapassgamer.com, and not uppitydouchebaggamer.com. I like Wombat because he's what this site represents. Shipwreck sounds so far up Cheapy's asshole, that he'd agree with anything he said, and jumped on the Wombat hate train. For shame guys. For shame.[/QUOTE]

Wow, can't wait to hear this after work, and hear what went down. In fairnes, Wombat has ripped on Shipwreck quite a bit, but this sounds way out of line. Reminds me of last year when Wombat got all that hate voice mail on Xbox live.

Thank you Ship for manning up and apologizing. I could see it starting out as fun jabs towards Wombat but as it progressed it lost its cool. And even worse Cheapy put Ship in an awkward place by asking him about his stance on Wombat. Cheapy I hope you sincerely apologized to Wombat behind closed curtains.

Ouch. Easy there, Cheapy and Ship. You come off as very elitist and smug. Is that typical after spending a week at something like E3? I imagine many game companies and publishers, etc. want your attention to try to get the most coverage. And you are offered lots of free stuff. And other people recognize you and say hello and want a picture and stuff. However, it's not ok to start being a jerk. (In my opinion, being self-effacing is much better than insulting.)

Kudos, however, for recognizing you were jerks and trying to mend things.

bread's done
Back