CAGcast #202: The E3 2010 Not So Limited Collector's Edition

• Please log in to reply
353 replies to this topic

#271 KingCrow02

KingCrow02

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2010 - 07:22 PM

CheapyD and Wombat please don't break up do it for your kid aka Shipwreck.

#272 EvilGeniusMe

EvilGeniusMe

Posted 26 June 2010 - 08:00 PM

Idk what the big deal is. Cheapy and Boatcrash were sort of d*ckish on the show, but it sounded like Wombat had acted kind of douche-y the whole time they were at E3, taking their food, answering the phone and being loud, etc. Everyone came out even in my opinion...just a little beef amongst friends.

#273 GeorgeCostanza

GeorgeCostanza

Hangin Tough

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2010 - 09:17 PM

Wombat. You should have said....

"Oh ya, we'll the jerk store called and they're running out of you!"

And if that didn't work you could always tell him you slept with his wife!
Posted Image

#274 Keirnoth

Keirnoth

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2010 - 10:57 PM

Well, that was quite awkward.

I'm on the Wombat support crowd, so I won't repeat what everyone's repeating here, because now we're just beating a dead horse. I just hope you guys found a way to fix things up.

Did ANY of you guys get to try Bulletstorm? Out of all the other "yay, it's another FPS yawn" FPSes out there, this one stood out because it had a bit of an arcade-ish feel with emphasis on style. A sort of Devil May Cry for FPSes, which IMO is a damn fresh new take on things. The over the top stuff you can do to "combo" your kills seems mad fun, I'm surprised it was glossed over so quickly in the podcast.
"You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view." Obi-Wan Kenobi

#275 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2010 - 11:05 PM

Wombat. You should have said....

"Oh ya, we'll the jerk store called and they're running out of you!"

And if that didn't work you could always tell him you slept with his wife!

nah he should have just told cheapy to go Fuck himself.

#276 Goemar

Goemar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2010 - 11:56 PM

I just hope this isn't the jump-the-shark moment of the CAGcast, the moment where the show is never as good as it once was.

#277 retromufc

retromufc

Posted 27 June 2010 - 12:18 AM

nah he should have just told cheapy to go Fuck himself.

That would take balls dude and he isn't going to ruin his gravy train.

Look Wombat isn't going anywhere else for the simple fact that no one else is going to get him free gaming baubles or pay for his way to E3. It would be a good career move for him to go to a site where they put on a real podcast and he might be able to make a career out of gaming journalism. Sticking around doing a joint for a forums only site isn't going to get him anywhere but he isn't going to leave. :cry:

#278 adriley313

adriley313

Posted 27 June 2010 - 12:57 AM

ok
interested to see next weeks show
or whenever the next one comes out
Now Playing:
:360: Prototype 2
:3ds: Fire Emblem: Awakening

Now Reading: Impulse by Steven Gould

#279 shipwreck

shipwreck

CAG Reviews Editor

• Super Moderators

Posted 27 June 2010 - 01:53 AM

Did ANY of you guys get to try Bulletstorm? Out of all the other "yay, it's another FPS yawn" FPSes out there, this one stood out because it had a bit of an arcade-ish feel with emphasis on style. A sort of Devil May Cry for FPSes, which IMO is a damn fresh new take on things. The over the top stuff you can do to "combo" your kills seems mad fun, I'm surprised it was glossed over so quickly in the podcast.

I tried Bulletstorm. It was actually the first game I went for when I got to the show floor. It's got a lot of promise, but the short demo left me wondering if it would be entertaining for a whole game. I seemed to be kicking people a lot, but I'm hopeful that it can stay fresh.
"Red-Headed Pain In The Ass" - Wombat
Posted Image

#280 ChicoChanqlueta

ChicoChanqlueta

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2010 - 04:12 AM

As always, it's good to hear about your guys' adventures through the world of E3 and video games. But, I am considering using your Go Daddy coupons to create WeHeartWombat.com
Posted Image

#281 Droogs

Droogs

Posted 27 June 2010 - 04:46 AM

This is better than that time I ruined Heavy Rain for Wombat.

#282 atomsk

atomsk

A van down by the river

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2010 - 05:33 AM

Wow, sexist much?

you're crazy.
[thread=85641]My Tradelist[/thread]

#283 Guy Legend

Guy Legend

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2010 - 05:46 AM

Seems like Wombat has some annoying traits that got on Cheapy and Shipwreck's nerves, but the double team bashing was crazy. It was pretty visible that Wombat felt pretty bad during the show.

#284 magicdramatic

magicdramatic

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2010 - 05:52 AM

you're crazy.

Nope. bye

#285 Trenchalicious

Trenchalicious

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2010 - 05:53 AM

Next week on Asshole Cast #2, Cheapy D and Shipwreck join forces to insult the elderly and those too young to defend themselves for their own personal entertainment.
1 CENT AUCTION STARTS: XBOX 360 & DS Game @ My ebay auctions!

#286 abouttandoutt

abouttandoutt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2010 - 07:34 AM

Not to be a jerk to Wombat but the bashing was kinda interesting.. I mean not that I want to see his "feelings" hurt but it was nice to see them talk about something other then gaming.

#287 Davestation

Davestation

Dont Cross The Streams

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2010 - 08:35 AM

Wow, Shipwreck sounds like a girl when he was talking on how all the sites that gave Rage E3 Game of Show Awards. Ship mentions that it just looks nice and that the game lacks a "soul". That is exactly what girls say, "I do not care how he looks as long as he has a nice personality" And I have to agree with Shipwreck, when it comes to games I get off on better story and gameplay than I do over graphics any day. But when it comes to banging a chick, she better have the big boobs and be good looking, I do not care about her personality at all.....
[IMG]http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/%3Ca%20href=%22http://www.us.playstation.com/PSN/Users/Davestation%22%3E%3Cimg%20src=%22http://pid.us.playstation.com/user/Davestation.jpg%22%20width=%22235%22%20height=%22149%22%20border=%220%22%20/%3E%3C/a%3E[/IMG][IMG]http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/%3Ca%20href=%22http://www.us.playstation.com/PSN/Users/Davestation%22%3E%3Cimg%20src=%22http://pid.us.playstation.com/user/Davestation.jpg%22%20width=%22235%22%20height=%22149%22%20border=%220%22%20/%3E%3C/a%3E[/IMG]

#288 paintball745

paintball745

PHD in deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2010 - 11:40 AM

Not to be a jerk to Wombat but the bashing was kinda interesting.. I mean not that I want to see his "feelings" hurt but it was nice to see them talk about something other then gaming.

You do know what this website is for right?

#289 Fjordson

Fjordson

Posted 27 June 2010 - 12:46 PM

Shipwreck's apology was very sincere, and I doubt there will be any awkwardness between him and Wombat in the future. He was insensitive for piling on while Wombat was knocked down, but it was all pretty minor stuff. Cheapy, on the other hand, had a total Artie Lange "I'm not your bro" moment.

Lmao, this was exactly what I was thinking while listening. It was awkward as hell, all of the "Well, I wouldn't use the word love", and Wombat talking about how his favorite part of the show was hanging out with Ship and Cheapy and then basically getting shot down for it. Also, Cheapy stressing multiple times about how he doesn't really know Wombat seemed like an incredibly weird thing to say. Don't get me wrong, the E3 discussion stuff was great as usual, but the talk about their experiences hanging out with each other and the negativity towards Wombat was straight up uncomfortable to listen to.

They're all adults, though, so I don't think this will turn into some big issue. At least I hope not...

And much love for Wombat. Keep on keepin' on.

#290 lowgear26

lowgear26

Marriage Kills

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2010 - 01:18 PM

I understand that motion control isn't most peoples bag, however I think shitting on it every week isn't very productive.

It's coming......it's real.....and I want to know which one my kid will be getting for Christmas. If they end up being true garbage, I would like to know this is based on the final product hands on and not the continued "I don't want it" opinions.

You three all are gonna have great make up sex when this is over.
You Can't handle the Truth.

#291 evil costanza

evil costanza

Posted 27 June 2010 - 04:21 PM

Cheapy is always a bitch when it comes to Wombat, I'm not sure why people are upset about it. I wouldn't mind if we lose Wombat, Shipwreck at least knows games. I never understood how Wombat ended up on a gaming podcast in the first place.

#292 donssword

donssword

Gaming longer than u

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2010 - 06:06 PM

Hmm... lots of hating on this weeks podcast. Yeah, Cheapy, you picked on Wombat too much.

I love this site, and I love you guys, but "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." and all that crap...

By criticizing Wombat over the Nyko bag, I have to ask, are you going to demand payment of the flight and hotel costs associated with some of the gaming events Shipwreck and Wombat went to this past year to offset your perceived sense of what is right and wrong? Having been to E3 myself, I know a lot of the schwag is crap, but there are always a couple of standout pieces each year, and you should not begrudge him the bag, afterall that is what Nyko is giving the bags away for anyway. Can you honestly say that over the past few years you haven't scored something cool yourself? Limo rides to publisher events? Free concerts? Food? All paid for by the same dollars that paid for the bag.

A little decorum guys.

Edited by donssword, 27 June 2010 - 08:31 PM.

--
My first console: the Teletype 33.

DonsSword.png

#293 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Captain fuckin' Marvel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2010 - 06:24 PM

Great show! I really loved how it was so extended. Also, I completely agree with Wombat about DC Universe Online, by charging a monthly fee they have made it so I won't be playing it, just because I don't feel a 60 dollar purchase of a game needs to be followed by 15 dollar a month payments to actually play.

#294 anonymouswhoami

anonymouswhoami

CAG Hall of Fame

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2010 - 07:01 PM

Wow, Cheapy D versus Wombat reminds me a lot of Leno vs. Conan in terms of polarizing an audience.

#295 scrapple

scrapple

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2010 - 07:09 PM

wombat bashing was hilarious.. yes, wombat has some thin skin and wears JORTS (jean shorts), and Mope's through the last 10 minutes.

Cheapy was stoned like a champ during the e3 cagacast...

anyways, good show, looking forward to the next.

#296 Scooby

Scooby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2010 - 10:55 PM

Yeah it's not like they talk about 'stuff other than gaming' every single week at the beginning of the show.

#297 bingbangboom

bingbangboom

Posted 27 June 2010 - 11:22 PM

wombat has some pretty womanly tendencies regarding his moods. Down to the tone of voice. Just man up a little, wombat.

Says the guy with a pink haired anime girl as his avatar :P

#298 turkeycat79

turkeycat79

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2010 - 11:22 PM

LEAVE WOMBAT ALONE!!!

http://www.cheapassg...pictureid=16134

#299 bingbangboom

bingbangboom

Posted 27 June 2010 - 11:24 PM

Great show! I really loved how it was so extended. Also, I completely agree with Wombat about DC Universe Online, by charging a monthly fee they have made it so I won't be playing it, just because I don't feel a 60 dollar purchase of a game needs to be followed by 15 dollar a month payments to actually play.

I think it would be worth it if they offer 2 months free because honestly, how many games do you play beyond two months? They would also have to do constant monthly updates worth the $15, which I doubt they can really do without keeping back some content from the launch.

#300 Archaic

Archaic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2010 - 01:48 AM

Well, I just started listening to the podcast a few months ago, and since then I went back and listened over time to 20 or so old episodes. Even though these guys are far from the authorities on gaming, I usually enjoy their banter/personalities/opinions, so I've enjoyed the show.

I doubt I'll add anything here that hasn't already been said, but it is kind of annoying how badly Cheapy tries to ape Howard Stern. Stern consistently acts the megalomaniac who insults his friends/guests/wife in order to create radio drama and boost ratings, and he gets away with because he's a celebrity. Cheapy runs an obscure gaming website with an even more obscure podcast, so its a bit harder to justify...He's pulled the same Stern-esque tricks for awhile now, it seems (like calling Wombat out to Major Nelson when he was a guest), but it really adds nothing to the show. I don't listen to a gaming podcast for the awkward moments.

And, Jesus, Shipwreck, could you try any harder to get the cool kid to like you? No wonder you watch iCarly, dude. If it's like every other Disney/Nick drama, I'm sure it has life lessons about the unimportance of being popular that should better inform your behavior.