CAGcast #202: The E3 2010 Not So Limited Collector's Edition

• Please log in to reply
353 replies to this topic

#31 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2010 - 02:06 PM

Donkey Kong Country impressions: It feels like Donkey Kong Country and the mine car portions are still difficult due to precise timing. Also, I had to repeat the same section multiple times because it returns you to the beginning of the level like old platformers (I think there are checkpoints though). I enjoyed the brief time I had with it.

That sounds like I'll enjoy it then. Those stages never gave me much trouble in the original DKC (The gas powered moving platform however...). I wonder what control method would work better for that game: Wiimote/Nunchuck or Wiimote sideways. I read that both would be an option.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#32 coldwine

coldwine

Holy Ghost!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2010 - 02:23 PM

3 hours??? I thought steroids are illegal!

#33 liquidcross

liquidcross

Text and Violence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2010 - 02:46 PM

Not to sound like a broken record, but you really twisted the knife on Wombat this show, Cheapy. Shipwreck did too, but at least he tried to move on. Cheapy just kept digging the hole deeper. And to make matters worse...you publicly released the audio!

Not cool at all.

#34 SpazX

SpazX

13 Billion Years in the Making

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2010 - 02:58 PM

Yeah a little harsh on wombat, great memories for his first E3. Anyway, I watched the Sony conference live and I remember when they announced the move prices. $49.99 - yay! applause! $29.99 - silence. It was hilarious.

Posted Image

#35 bickle

bickle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2010 - 02:58 PM

Do you think the notion that Nintendo put forward about the 3DS, 3D without glasses, undermines Sony's pitch for 3D (Buy a TV, glasses, etc.)? And do you think it worked?

I don't think a 3 inch screen would ever be able to undermine a 57 inch screen. The 3DS works because as a portable, the viewer is forced into a specific sitting area. The same tech can be used on large screens, but the 'sweet spots' for viewing are much more finicky and problematic.

#36 pmp1986

pmp1986

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2010 - 03:08 PM

Wow CheapyD was just a complete dick to Wombat. I love how Cheapy says you don't take free stuff when you're press to Wombat yet he has no problem receiving a free 360 slim from Microsoft. I know that the 360 did not seem to effect your opinion of Microsoft but I doubt the Nyko bag effected Wombats opinion either. Just thought Cheapy was kind of being a fucking hypocrite

Yes I know he is giving away 5 360 slims but he still is getting one himself for free

Edited by pmp1986, 24 June 2010 - 03:27 PM.

#37 Ramza394

Ramza394

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2010 - 03:17 PM

EDIT: Holy shit Cheapy and Shipwreck! (especially Cheapy) You were a total dick to Wombat from almost the beginning of the show! Not cool guys... That was just fuckin lame...

Agreed, not cool. Stop acting like Wombat's some guy that you met on the streets at E3. Wombat is a integral part to Cheap Ass Gamer and should be treated as such. I think a apologetic audio boo is in order from CheapyD and Shipwreck.

#38 I Am ProZac

I Am ProZac

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2010 - 03:30 PM

Cheapy you really secured your position as Douchebag of the year 2010 with this show.

My thoughts exactly. At least shipwreck seemed to realize when it went too far. Still great to hear E3 opinions, even with those few awkward moments.
"It is not enough to succeed; Others must fail."

#39 basston3s

basston3s

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2010 - 03:56 PM

All the years that Cheapy and Wombat have spent together conversing over the internet should count for something. For Cheapy to say he hardly "knows" wombat based on the simple fact that he has spent little time with him in person is bull. Especially when, arguably, one of the most important aspects to the CAG site is community and building relationships with people with common interests via an internet forum.

Wombat is a stand up guy, and gets my kudos for trucking on through the show.

I'm not sure what I would have done in his place.

#40 Corvin

Corvin

...of Gilead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2010 - 04:10 PM

I don't usually post in the show thread (unless there is a contest lol) but had to come and chime in. What a couple of douchebags. Sheesh. You could tell from the audio that Shipwreck knew they were crossing a line and backed off a bit, but Cheapy just plowed full steam ahead.

#41 kaw

kaw

Want some rye?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2010 - 04:29 PM

I wouldn't blame Wombat if this was his last CagCast. That was pretty ridiculous. Cheapy ripped him down for getting free stuff, and living up to other Jewish stereotypes. Last I checked, this was cheapassgamer.com, and not uppitydouchebaggamer.com. I like Wombat because he's what this site represents. Shipwreck sounds so far up Cheapy's asshole, that he'd agree with anything he said, and jumped on the Wombat hate train. For shame guys. For shame.

#42 liquidcross

liquidcross

Text and Violence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2010 - 04:40 PM

I wouldn't blame Wombat if this was his last CagCast.

Me neither. I'd certainly leave, if I were in his place. The hurt feelings were one thing, but Cheapy made it public.

#43 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2010 - 04:52 PM

I wouldn't blame Wombat if this was his last CagCast. That was pretty ridiculous. Cheapy ripped him down for getting free stuff, and living up to other Jewish stereotypes. Last I checked, this was cheapassgamer.com, and not uppitydouchebaggamer.com. I like Wombat because he's what this site represents. Shipwreck sounds so far up Cheapy's asshole, that he'd agree with anything he said, and jumped on the Wombat hate train. For shame guys. For shame.

As far as I'm concerned, Wombat can take all the free swag he wants. Cheapy got a freaking Xbox 360 for free for crying out loud.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#44 kingkiller33

kingkiller33

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2010 - 05:11 PM

Wow, can't wait to hear this after work, and hear what went down. In fairnes, Wombat has ripped on Shipwreck quite a bit, but this sounds way out of line. Reminds me of last year when Wombat got all that hate voice mail on Xbox live.

#45 Ultramontane

Ultramontane

Kuato Lives!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2010 - 05:14 PM

Thank you Ship for manning up and apologizing. I could see it starting out as fun jabs towards Wombat but as it progressed it lost its cool. And even worse Cheapy put Ship in an awkward place by asking him about his stance on Wombat. Cheapy I hope you sincerely apologized to Wombat behind closed curtains.

Don't make decisions when you're angry and don't make promises when you're happy.

#46 MattX66

MattX66

The Pac-Man Skull

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2010 - 05:19 PM

Wombat you are the man enough said there. He's one of the reasons I listen to the cagcast

#47 repete

repete

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2010 - 05:19 PM

finally
Posted ImagePosted Image

#48 RanchLizard

RanchLizard

Need more time for games!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2010 - 05:30 PM

Ouch. Easy there, Cheapy and Ship. You come off as very elitist and smug. Is that typical after spending a week at something like E3? I imagine many game companies and publishers, etc. want your attention to try to get the most coverage. And you are offered lots of free stuff. And other people recognize you and say hello and want a picture and stuff. However, it's not ok to start being a jerk. (In my opinion, being self-effacing is much better than insulting.)

Kudos, however, for recognizing you were jerks and trying to mend things.

#49 gbpackers94

gbpackers94

Julius, Ph.D.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2010 - 05:35 PM

http://audioboo.fm/b...-wombat-is-cool
(i dont know if it's my place to post this, but here it is)
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#50 surferboy

surferboy

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2010 - 05:36 PM

The weird part for me was when Cheapy said "what? all I said was I didn't LOVE hanging out with him."

Um, you also said he was loud, abused the system of free swag, made fun of him when he said he enjoyed hanging with you, bitched a lot during the trip, and essentially implied that you didn't "know" Wombat, and after some time with him, didn't really like him.

#51 200STM

200STM

Posted 24 June 2010 - 05:37 PM

Wow it went from playfull jabs to stabs well shipwreck has apologized in a audioboo and cheapyd mention it on twitter that he feels bad. This accident reminds me of the time I myself acted like a douchebag I was dating a crazy B+tch and I always used to ditch my friends just to be with them I missed many good hang outs and tournaments but like good friendships things can be patched up and friends can be friends again

#52 milkham

milkham

Master Massaginist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2010 - 05:37 PM

Damn you guys were so harsh on wombat. He said the best thing about e3 was hanging out with you two and then he gets treated like the younger brother who wasn't invited. I expect cheapy to do stuff like that, usually I find it funny, but I was surprised that shipwreck joined in too.
Posted Image
^^^^^That is Waka Inoue^^^^^^

Check My List | [url=http://flickr.com/photos/milkman/]My Flickr Page |

#53 usickenme

usickenme

I'm the a-hole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2010 - 05:55 PM

The fact that CheapyD doesn't recognize that Wombat is a hypersensitive little girl pretty much proves his point about not knowing him.

However, it did strike me as an odd comment since they have an hour plus conversation 3-4 times a month.

BTW- Ironic comment of the show was Cheapy saying (paraphrase) 'sometimes I say some not-so-nice things about people on this show'

#54 Doomtime

Doomtime

Victor von Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2010 - 06:17 PM

Definitely agree with the majority of the comments above.

"What do you have a strong desire to do?" -Cheapy

"Not talk to you for a little while" - Wombat

"Fly to Japan and punch you in the face"

CAGFL: (187-31)

#55 bigsick

bigsick

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2010 - 06:43 PM

I have a lot of "internet friends," some of which i know better then my "real life friends." Just because they aren't in a physical presence, doesn't mean they aren't friends. To bash wombat and say he isn't well known to you because you haven't been around him physically much is wrong. Over the years you have built a friendship and a bond, not only by doing the cagcast, but by talking outside of it and gaming together as well

I wouldn't be surprised if Wombat quit, but I wouldn't blame him either.
Posted Image

#56 MrBrando

MrBrando

I pity the fool!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2010 - 06:45 PM

Cheapy D comes off as the type of guy who is trying to be the cool guy to me. It's like the time I met the iFanboy guys at wondercon. This is their time to be the cool kids out of all the other nerds even though them and everyone there is pretty nerdy. So they try and ignore/shun the people that are super excited (maybe overly) to be there.

I feel like this is how Cheapy is to Wombat. He feels like wombat is going to embarrass him in front of people.

Don't even get me started on the "not knowing him" comment. If after 5 years Cheapy doesn't feel he knows wombat then it his own fault for not giving a damn to know him better. Just shows how much he values Wombat

#57 Edge of Heart

Edge of Heart

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2010 - 07:01 PM

Damn, you guys were pretty awful towards Wombat. I don't know what you guys have to do but you have to make it up to Wombat somehow.
[URL="http://profile.mygamercard.net/Panzarschreck+E"][/URL]

#58 USB Cable

USB Cable

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2010 - 07:07 PM

Wombat gets pooped on from time to time by Cheapy but there's some sprinkles peppered in the poop, this time Wombat was just straight up pooped on sprinkles aside.... I think Cheapy just said a little to much out loud and didn't really know what he was saying completely. If he hated Wombat he could just tell him to Fuck off or to eat a sink but he tried to express his feeling on things that bugged him and came off as an expert level 100 Bag Of Douche.

I don't feel like typing a blog here so I'm gonna stop now. I just hope all is good after this show, it would suck to see friendships ruined over bull shit :cry:
Spoiler

#59 PaddedCell

PaddedCell

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2010 - 07:11 PM

Sounds like Wombat has a couple odd things about his personality, I and a lot of my friends have the same and we as friends point out each others flaws and make fun of them. I don't know about you guys, but since my childhood, my friends and I, in any circle, have always talked shit back and forth, call it immature, but its all in good fun. Get your balls out of your wife's purse and get over the silly rantings. If this is Wombat's last show(which I doubt) then maybe we can stop hearing "this is the last time we will talk about that". As for Cheapy's comments about not knowing Wombat all that well, obviously some of the things he learned about him this week stood out enough for Cheapy to comment.

I found the bashing the most entertaining to be honest. I mean for the first half I listen to the bitching about the move, kinect, mmo monthly charges. Which opinions are one thing but holy hell, do we have to hear the same shit for months again and again? Yes you guys don't like it, yes it is a bit pricey, but so was the consoles when they first launched. Its going to be awhile before we see some good games made for it. I really hope they make more games for hardcore gamers for the move and kinect, right now they are aiming at the casual gamer like Nintendo is.

#60 ShinAkumA21

ShinAkumA21

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2010 - 07:18 PM

i agree with CheapyD about Wombat it just seem that Wombat doesn't get out much and when he does he act like a little hyper boy and all CheapyD is saying is Calm the Fuck Down. i also hate it when people i barely know stick their fingers in my food to take something, its like just ask me and i would of handed you some.

Wombat just learn to stop being annoying