Steam Summer Sale SALE OVER.

• Please log in to reply
3136 replies to this topic

#3121 msu89dawgs

msu89dawgs

Are you threatening me?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2010 - 03:08 AM

Still got one Bioshock 2 copy from a 4-pack, if anyone is having DTs from the sale being over, and needs some digital methadone to ease the withdrawal symptoms.

#3122 gamerdogbert

gamerdogbert

Canine Potentate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2010 - 04:56 AM

Is the securom on Borderlands activated if you just have the base game? I bought it but then found out later that it was put into one of the patches in preparation for the DLC.

From a technical standpoint, here is how it works, broken down into layman's terms:

• The original game does not utilize SecuROM
  • The first 2 DLCs do use SecuROM
  • DLCs are not applications that "run" on your computer by themselves, they are simply additional sets of data that the main game can access
  • Therefore, code had to be added to the main game in a patch that allows it to activate the DLCs' SecuROM if they are present
  • If you never acquire either of the 2 affected DLCs, then the SecuROM-accessing code in the main game will never do anything, because it will never be used
Simple!

#3123 jj5206

jj5206

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2010 - 05:52 AM

picked up:

Aliens versus Predator Classic 2000
Audiosurf
Chrome
Chrome: Specforce
Cryostasis
Defence Grid: The Awakening
FlatOUt: Ultimate Carnage
Ghost Master
Gothic 3
Gothic 2: Gold Edition
Half Life
Killing Floor
Left 4 Dead 2
Max Payne
Max Panye 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Painkiller: Black Edition
Puzzle Kingdoms
Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45

#3124 blackMamba1187

blackMamba1187

Posted 06 July 2010 - 07:15 AM

Hooray!

Cryostasis
Lead & Gold
Half-Life
X-Com: UFO Defense
Flatout: Ultimate Carnage
Shatter
Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
P.B. Winterbottom
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold
Borderlands: the Secret Armory of General Knox

$50.93 Total

Playing: SM3DW (wiiU); LoZ:ALBW(3ds); ACIV (ps4); Knack (ps4);  Cook, Serve, Delicious (ipad), ACIV comp.app (ipad)

#3125 SideSwipe999

SideSwipe999

Posted 06 July 2010 - 07:51 AM

I've posted in a couple other places, but if anyone is interested in a Booster Trooper slot (I bought a 4-Pack), for $5.03, I have one remaining. I have 5 guest passes left for the game as well, if anyone if interested in trying it out, let me know, thanks!

#3126 Lone_Prodigy

Lone_Prodigy

Posted 06 July 2010 - 09:02 PM

Still have two copies of the Borderlands 4-pack.

#3127 aosora13

aosora13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2010 - 09:18 PM

I bought about close to $40 dollars ($38 total) for 10 games I believe in the sale. This was Deus Ex Pack, Max Payne, P.B Winterbottom, Half-Life 2 (Plus both episodes), GTA 4, Shatter, Indigo Prodigy, Borderlands (4 Pack for $7.65), Red Faction: Guerrilla. I would have to say it was some really good deals for the games.

#3128 TwelveVolt

TwelveVolt

Nobody from Nowhere

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2010 - 10:36 PM

I didn't spend too much (around $20, I think), but I'm bummed the sale is over. I looked forward to checking every day to see what was on sale.

#3129 jezz.torrent

jezz.torrent

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2010 - 10:49 PM

My haul:

$7.49 Rocket Knight
$4.99 The Scourge Project: Episode 1 and 2
$7.50 Devil May Cry 4
$2.49 Beat Hazard
$2.00 FlatOut Ultimate Carnage
$5.00 The Void
$2.50 Shatter
$3.75 Commandos Pack
$3.74 Puzzle Indie (Chains, Gumboy, Obulis, Vigil)
$12.50 Resident Evil 5
$4.00 Ghostbusters: The Videogame
$3.34 Dark Void Zero
$1.50 Aliens versus Predator Classic 2000
$5.10 Lead and Gold: Gangs of the Wild West

17 games at $65.90 coming to an average of $3.87 per game. My personal favorite of these games so far (of course I've only tried a few) is Lead and Gold. Lots of fun. Similar to TF2, but less overwhelming -- fewer classes, no weapon-unlocking, less extraneous cruft (hat-collecting, crafting, etc.) -- and it has a few clever ideas of its own. Also, the Wild West setting is awesome.

#3130 DirkBelig

DirkBelig

The Belligerent One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2010 - 01:10 AM

I got out super-cheap, barely buying anything:

* Shatter - $2.50
* FlatOut Ultimate Carnage - $2
* Ghostbusters: The Videogame - $4

Edited by DirkBelig, 07 July 2010 - 01:10 AM.
fixed formatting

133994.png DirkBelig.png5fbfd2ddbe4d9137.png DirkBelig.png

#3131 HansKaosu

HansKaosu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2010 - 01:57 AM

5th July
You now own Deus Ex: Game of the Year Edition, Deus Ex: Invisible War, Grand Theft Auto IV, Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City, Mass Effect 2, Mass Effect 2: Cerberus Key, Mass Effect 2: Game Key, Sam & Max 101: Culture Shock, Sam & Max 102: Situation: Comedy, Sam & Max 103: The Mole, the Mob and the Meatball, Sam & Max 104: Abe Lincoln Must Die!, Sam & Max 105: Reality 2.0, Sam & Max 106: Bright Side of the Moon, Sam & Max 201: Ice Station Santa, Sam & Max 202: Moai Better Blues, Sam & Max 203: Night of the Raving Dead, Sam & Max 204: Chariots of the Dogs, Sam & Max 205: What's New Beelzebub?, Bone: Out from Boneville, Bone: The Great Cow Race, Telltale Texas Hold'Em, Strong Bad Episode 1: Homestar Ruiner, Strong Bad Episode 2: Strong Badia the Free, Strong Bad Episode 3: Baddest of the Bands, Strong Bad Episode 4: Dangeresque 3, Strong Bad Episode 5: 8-Bit Is Enough, Wallace & Gromit Ep 1: Fright of the Bumblebees, Wallace & Gromit Ep 2: The Last Resort, Wallace & Gromit Ep 3: Muzzled!, Wallace & Gromit Ep 4: The Bogey Man, Tales of Monkey Island: Chapter 1 - Launch of the Screaming Narwhal, Tales of Monkey Island: Chapter 2 - The Siege of Spinner Cay , Tales of Monkey Island: Chapter 3 - Lair of the Leviathan , Tales of Monkey Island: Chapter 4 - The Trial and Execution of Guybrush Threepwood , Tales of Monkey Island: Chapter 5 - Rise of the Pirate God, Sam & Max 301: The Penal Zone, Sam & Max 302: The Tomb of Sammun-Mak, Sam & Max 303: They Stole Max's Brain!, Red Faction, Red Faction: Guerrilla , Red Faction II, BioShock, BioShock 2.

4th July
You now own Quake III Arena, Wolfenstein 3D, The Ultimate DOOM, Final DOOM, DOOM II: Hell on Earth, Quake, Quake II, Quake II: The Reckoning, Quake II: Ground Zero, Quake III: Team Arena, HeXen: Beyond Heretic, HeXen: Deathkings of the Dark Citadel, Heretic: Shadow of the Serpent Riders, Wolfenstein 3D: Spear of Destiny, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Quake Mission Pack 2: Dissolution of Eternity, Quake Mission Pack 1: Scourge of Armagon, DOOM 3, HeXen II, DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Master Levels for DOOM II, Commander Keen Complete Pack.

3rd July
You now own Metro 2033, Bionic Commando, Bionic Commando Rearmed, Star Wars: Empire at War Gold, star_wars_eaw_corruption. Star Wars: Empire at War Gold, star_wars_eaw_corruption, Sacraboar, Greed: Black Border, Overlord, Overlord: Raising Hell, Overlord II, Loki, Loki Setup, Freedom Force, Freedom Force vs. the 3rd Reich, Numen: Contest of Heroes, Ghost Master, Chrome, Chrome: Specforce, Clive Barker's Jericho, Cryostasis, Painkiller Overdose, Painkiller Overdose Test, Painkiller: Black Edition, Painkiller: Resurrection, Painkiller: Resurrection Editor, Painkiller: Resurrection Dedicated Server.

29th June
You now own Genesis Rising, Massive Assault, Massive Assault: Phantom Renaissance, Massive Assault Network 2, The Witcher: Enhanced Edition, The Witcher: Director's Cut DLC, Hazen: The Dark Whispers. Hazen: The Dark Whispers, DarkStar One, Maelstrom.

27th June
You now own The Scourge Project: Episode 1 and 2, Avencast, Just Cause 2: Bull's Eye Rifle DLC, Just Cause 2: Chevalier Classic DLC, Just Cause 2: Rico's Signature Gun DLC, Just Cause 2: Agency Hovercraft DLC, Just Cause 2: Monster Truck DLC, Just Cause 2: Black Market Boom Pack DLC, Just Cause 2: Black Market Aerial Pack DLC, Dark Messiah Might and Magic Single Player, Dark Messiah Might and Magic Multi-Player.

#3132 Wolfkin

Wolfkin

The Eternal Second Banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2010 - 03:19 AM

5th July
You now own Deus Ex: Game of the Year Edition, Deus Ex: Invisible War, Grand Theft Auto IV, Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City, Mass Effect 2, Mass Effect 2: Cerberus Key, Mass Effect 2: Game Key, Sam & Max 101: Culture Shock, Sam & Max 102: Situation: Comedy, Sam & Max 103: The Mole, the Mob and the Meatball, Sam & Max 104: Abe Lincoln Must Die!, Sam & Max 105: Reality 2.0, Sam & Max 106: Bright Side of the Moon, Sam & Max 201: Ice Station Santa, Sam & Max 202: Moai Better Blues, Sam & Max 203: Night of the Raving Dead, Sam & Max 204: Chariots of the Dogs, Sam & Max 205: What's New Beelzebub?, Bone: Out from Boneville, Bone: The Great Cow Race, Telltale Texas Hold'Em, Strong Bad Episode 1: Homestar Ruiner, Strong Bad Episode 2: Strong Badia the Free, Strong Bad Episode 3: Baddest of the Bands, Strong Bad Episode 4: Dangeresque 3, Strong Bad Episode 5: 8-Bit Is Enough, Wallace & Gromit Ep 1: Fright of the Bumblebees, Wallace & Gromit Ep 2: The Last Resort, Wallace & Gromit Ep 3: Muzzled!, Wallace & Gromit Ep 4: The Bogey Man, Tales of Monkey Island: Chapter 1 - Launch of the Screaming Narwhal, Tales of Monkey Island: Chapter 2 - The Siege of Spinner Cay , Tales of Monkey Island: Chapter 3 - Lair of the Leviathan , Tales of Monkey Island: Chapter 4 - The Trial and Execution of Guybrush Threepwood , Tales of Monkey Island: Chapter 5 - Rise of the Pirate God, Sam & Max 301: The Penal Zone, Sam & Max 302: The Tomb of Sammun-Mak, Sam & Max 303: They Stole Max's Brain!, Red Faction, Red Faction: Guerrilla , Red Faction II, BioShock, BioShock 2.

4th July
You now own Quake III Arena, Wolfenstein 3D, The Ultimate DOOM, Final DOOM, DOOM II: Hell on Earth, Quake, Quake II, Quake II: The Reckoning, Quake II: Ground Zero, Quake III: Team Arena, HeXen: Beyond Heretic, HeXen: Deathkings of the Dark Citadel, Heretic: Shadow of the Serpent Riders, Wolfenstein 3D: Spear of Destiny, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Quake Mission Pack 2: Dissolution of Eternity, Quake Mission Pack 1: Scourge of Armagon, DOOM 3, HeXen II, DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Master Levels for DOOM II, Commander Keen Complete Pack.

3rd July
You now own Metro 2033, Bionic Commando, Bionic Commando Rearmed, Star Wars: Empire at War Gold, star_wars_eaw_corruption. Star Wars: Empire at War Gold, star_wars_eaw_corruption, Sacraboar, Greed: Black Border, Overlord, Overlord: Raising Hell, Overlord II, Loki, Loki Setup, Freedom Force, Freedom Force vs. the 3rd Reich, Numen: Contest of Heroes, Ghost Master, Chrome, Chrome: Specforce, Clive Barker's Jericho, Cryostasis, Painkiller Overdose, Painkiller Overdose Test, Painkiller: Black Edition, Painkiller: Resurrection, Painkiller: Resurrection Editor, Painkiller: Resurrection Dedicated Server.

29th June
You now own Genesis Rising, Massive Assault, Massive Assault: Phantom Renaissance, Massive Assault Network 2, The Witcher: Enhanced Edition, The Witcher: Director's Cut DLC, Hazen: The Dark Whispers. Hazen: The Dark Whispers, DarkStar One, Maelstrom.

27th June
You now own The Scourge Project: Episode 1 and 2, Avencast, Just Cause 2: Bull's Eye Rifle DLC, Just Cause 2: Chevalier Classic DLC, Just Cause 2: Rico's Signature Gun DLC, Just Cause 2: Agency Hovercraft DLC, Just Cause 2: Monster Truck DLC, Just Cause 2: Black Market Boom Pack DLC, Just Cause 2: Black Market Aerial Pack DLC, Dark Messiah Might and Magic Single Player, Dark Messiah Might and Magic Multi-Player.

You know own "0" dollars. no but really. congratulations.

Not everyone needs to look like a 16 year old girl cosplaying a 16 year old boy, every-Japanese-artist-ever.

Currently Playing
:wii: Bully - :ps3: Outland
Posted Image
Spoiler

#3133 Rogueleader17

Rogueleader17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2011 - 06:18 AM

Just cause 2 and hydrophobia are finally at a price I can't resist.

tachikoma_02.gif"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes."

#3134 MSI Magus

MSI Magus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2011 - 02:18 PM

Why does the topic title say Sale over? I thought this ran till July 10th

When the rest of the world is crazy it just does not pay to be sane! - Captain Lerner
Government is the enemy, until you need a friend - Bill Cohen

#3135 paz9x

paz9x

Posted 02 July 2011 - 02:28 PM

Why does the topic title say Sale over? I thought this ran till July 10th

this thread is from last year.
"I am the Walrus" "Shut the Fuck up Donnie"

Posted Image

#3136 MSI Magus

MSI Magus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2011 - 02:46 PM

this thread is from last year.

*wonders why the hell anyone bumped it*

We have the Steam Deal thread for just this.

When the rest of the world is crazy it just does not pay to be sane! - Captain Lerner
Government is the enemy, until you need a friend - Bill Cohen

#3137 Leggo

Leggo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2011 - 05:35 PM

Tell that to eastx, he linked it from the front page. :)