Steam Summer Sale SALE OVER.

• Please log in to reply
3136 replies to this topic

#691 sublime90

sublime90

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2010 - 11:28 PM

Way to encourage a grievously reckless spending of money, d-bag. I paid more than $7.49 for this garbage, so I got ripped off more than anybody is going to within these 24 hours, and it pisses me off to find people flagrantly disregarding my warning that the game's sound simply does not work when I'm trying to save them their own money.

But no, people can wallow in their own denial that the game's sound is going to work flawlessly for them because wishful thinking is what makes the world go 'round and heeding warnings from experienced individuals is obviously for pussies.

dont worry, your warning saved me. i was almost one of those people who bought it. i'll get it on 360 when its like 10 bucks
Posted Image
I was half cut, im not slippin man i slipped! - Max Payne

#692 Chuplayer

Chuplayer

Anticitizen One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2010 - 11:39 PM

If you want to continue this, call me at [lolright].

You know, I was beginning to feel a little guilty about being an asshole earlier.

Now I know you were going to buy TFU whether or not I posted a warning because if you're stupid enough to post your phone number on CAG, you're stupid enough to do any number of stupid things, and I'm not your babysitter.
Boycotting Digital Press for blatant anti-Semitism.

#693 KHASN

KHASN

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2010 - 11:42 PM

Should I buy Supreme Commander 2 now or wait for a deal on the Square Enix colllection?

I'm a pretty big RTS fan, but lately the trend of making games more "casual" has kinda put me off.

#694 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2010 - 11:43 PM

Chuplayer, maybe you could take the nastiness out of the thread. That's more than enough.

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Phone Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

#695 solidsmooky

solidsmooky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2010 - 11:43 PM

AVOID STAR WARS: THE FORCE UNLEASHED ON STEAM. IT IS BROKEN AND SHOWS NO SIGNS OF EVER BEING FIXED.

It has various sound problems. The worst being that many of the sound effects and the music will inexplicably be missing in certain levels. It also has a horrid 5.1 sound glitch where music will only come out of the left speakers.

Don't hate the game because of the ridiculous install size. Don't hate the game because of the framerate being 30fps. Don't hate the game because the system requirements are stupidly high. Hate the game because the sound is broken.

If you absolutely must have the PC port, Aspyr technical support told me that the missing sounds issue is not present on the disc version. I don't know how true that is. I also don't know whether or not the disc version has the 5.1 glitch.

Personally, I'm looking for a console version or waiting for a patch that probably will never come, whichever comes first.

Works fine for me. Sorry about your computer

#696 Chuplayer

Chuplayer

Anticitizen One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2010 - 11:44 PM

Works fine for me. Sorry about your computer

How far have you gotten into the game? I've gotten nearly to the end. The sound issues didn't show up right away.

#697 Kaltic

Kaltic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2010 - 11:45 PM

How far have you gotten into the game? I've gotten nearly to the end. The sound issues didn't show up right away.

Wait... A problem that doesn't inflict (by what you said.. "nearly the end") majority of the game is a reason to not buy? That is like saying don't buy a game because 1 our of the 30 levels has sound issues. That makes no sense...

#698 Chuplayer

Chuplayer

Anticitizen One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2010 - 11:48 PM

Wait... A problem that doesn't inflict (by what you said.. "nearly the end") majority of the game is a reason to not buy? That is like saying don't buy a game because 1 our of the 30 levels has sound issues. That makes no sense...

It inflicts a good quarter of the game. It just so happens that the problems begin after the second half.

So I guess if you're looking for an excellent half of a game, then by all means get TFU. But if you don't want to have spotty sound for the second half of the game, heed my warning and avoid TFU like the plague.

#699 dallascowboys

dallascowboys

How'BoutThemCowboys?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2010 - 11:50 PM

Do you seriously not have anything better to do than be a troll all day?

It inflicts a good quarter of the game. It just so happens that the problems begin after the second half.

So I guess if you're looking for an excellent half of a game, then by all means get TFU. But if you don't want to have spotty sound for the second half of the game, heed my warning and avoid TFU like the plague.

#700 viksmart

viksmart

Posted 26 June 2010 - 11:51 PM

dont worry, your warning saved me. i was almost one of those people who bought it. i'll get it on 360 when its like 10 bucks

My two-cents.... rather than putting me off on the game his post encouraged me to check the steam forums. The three main things I had to really consider before taking the plunge was the 25GB install size, sound issues, and the locked 30fps.

My findings were on the sound issue:

RobotTodd- "Couple months ago I emailed them about the sound issue. They said that not only did they know about it already, that they were trying to find the fix and have it ready for the next patch release."

So not all hope is lost .....and may the force be with you. (-_-)
(> - _ -)><(*_*)><(Fuck)><(^ _ ^)>

#701 Kaltic

Kaltic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2010 - 11:51 PM

Oh I have no intentions on buying it (I have it for Xbox 360). I just wanted to clarify how much of the game it affects.

#702 JohnDM

JohnDM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2010 - 11:55 PM

Should I buy Supreme Commander 2 now or wait for a deal on a the Square Enix colllection?

I'm a pretty big RTS fan, but lately the trend of making games more "casual" has kinda put me off.

Rules for engagement when confronted by a massive Steam sales-a-thon:

1) Patients is key. Just buy what is on the daily deals until the last day (July 4th) of the Steam sale. This minimizes any moments where you're cursing at yourself because the game you just bought went on sale the next day.

2) See Rule #1.

The only downside to this is there are so many deals, if you don't watch your wallet you won't have enough for the game you originally wanted! :D

#703 Chuplayer

Chuplayer

Anticitizen One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2010 - 11:57 PM

Do you seriously not have anything better to do than be a troll all day?

And do you seriously have nothing better to do than troll all day?

I bought the game. I know it's garbage.

You probably bought the game anyway after ignoring and probably not even completely understanding my warning. Whatever. Do what you want.

If you want more specifics, here you go. Spoilers away.
Spoiler

So if you want to spend your money on that garbage, be my guest. I'll just be happy that I was of help to other people who weren't so reckless with their choices of PC game entertainment.

#704 Chuplayer

Chuplayer

Anticitizen One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2010 - 12:00 AM

My two-cents.... rather than putting me off on the game his post encouraged me to check the steam forums. The three main things I had to really consider before taking the plunge was the 25GB install size, sound issues, and the locked 30fps.

My findings were on the sound issue:

RobotTodd- "Couple months ago I emailed them about the sound issue. They said that not only did they know about it already, that they were trying to find the fix and have it ready for the next patch release."

So not all hope is lost .....and may the force be with you. (-_-)

They told me the same thing months ago. There hasn't been a patch yet.

At that same time, they told me that the general missing sounds issue does not affect the disc-based version of the game. I am not certain of the 5.1 music issue.

#705 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 27 June 2010 - 12:01 AM

Rules for engagement when confronted by a massive Steam sales-a-thon:

1) Patients is key. Just buy what is on the daily deals until the last day (July 4th) of the Steam sale. This minimizes any moments where you're cursing at yourself because the game you just bought went on sale the next day.

2) See Rule #1.

The only downside to this is there are so many deals, if you don't watch your wallet you won't have enough for the game you originally wanted! :D

But what if we're not doctors?

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#706 Logain8955

Logain8955

Groovy Cactuar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2010 - 12:11 AM

If you guys want to keep talking about TFU and the problems, please take it to the Steam thread, or better yet a new thread in the PC subforum.

It's gotten quite vitrolic on both sides and should be taken out of this thread.
http://fp.profiles.u...id/jedi8955.png" width="230" height="155" border="0"

Download DevourerTDA, a new competitive Tower Defense map for Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne today!

CAG Thread: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=263655
Download it here! http://wc3.nibbits.c...ourertda-ver-10

#707 viksmart

viksmart

Posted 27 June 2010 - 12:11 AM

But what if we're not doctors?

rofl!!! I was thinking the same thing when reading that post.

@Logain8955
I think it's ok as long as TFU remains a daily deal. Otherwise, I agree with you as this information may prove to be more useful to most in the steam forums.
(> - _ -)><(*_*)><(Fuck)><(^ _ ^)>

#708 Teeheehee

Teeheehee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2010 - 12:13 AM

They told me the same thing months ago. There hasn't been a patch yet.

At that same time, they told me that the general missing sounds issue does not affect the disc-based version of the game. I am not certain of the 5.1 music issue.

When was the last time you played the game at that point? Was it after the latest posted update (Mar. 10)?

http://store.steampo...es&appids=32430

EDIT: Latest and only patch?

#709 Zyrin

Zyrin

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

So if you want to spend your money on that garbage, be my guest. I'll just be happy that I was of help to other people who weren't so reckless with their choices of PC game entertainment.

I bought the game during it's weekend sale on Steam, beat it twice and all the DLC once. I did not have the sound problem you're describing at any point.

I had the left channel surround sound problem, which I "fixed" by switching to two channel and my headset, along with a couple bugs here and there (worst being the game not transitioning to a cut scene properly, leaving me running around the end of Shaak Ti's level confused until I reloaded to a checkpoint), and being firmly annoyed by the 30 FPS cap.

I'm sorry you got stuck with that sound problem, I really am, but the attitude you're bringing into this thread is a little much. It's a terrible port (really, just saying it was done by Aspyr gives THAT one away) but for this price there's no need to rage on people for wanting to play it regardless.

It also probably hasn't been mentioned, but stay far away from TFU unless you have a 360 controller. Aspyr did the smallest amount of work possible and didn't even add the option to rebind keys in game and stuck it on the loader. In addition, the default controls are awful and when you *do* change the keys they don't update to the new ones for the QTEs. There's also a specific section of the game that's significantly harder with KB/M. It's reeeeally bad.

360 controller works perfectly though.

#710 GaveUpTomorrow

GaveUpTomorrow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

And do you seriously have nothing better to do than troll all day?

I bought the game. I know it's garbage.

You probably bought the game anyway after ignoring and probably not even completely understanding my warning. Whatever. Do what you want.

If you want more specifics, here you go. Spoilers away.

Spoiler

To be fair, many of the comments on the Steam boards praise this game, and not everyone is having this problem from the comments I have been hearing. I've run into other people damning games to hell like you are, and I purchased them and gave the games a try and ran into no problems at all. I have no reason to purchase the game as I played through it out the PS3, but if someone wants to buy it then let them. Yes, there is a chance they will have problems, but it isn't a guarantee.

If I hadn't already played it, I would purchase it now as I have read comments from gamers with very similar system setups as mine that didn't run into any of the problems. However, if the problems do hit, then you are SOL. ASPYR is a terrible company and won't bother with a fix. My suggestion for people who want to make a purchase is to read comments on the steam forums and decide for yourselves. Just because Chu is having problems doesn't mean everyone is.

I also suggest that people just ignore him at this point, as he is doing nothing good for this thread.

#711 gamez79

gamez79

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2010 - 12:14 AM

does anyone know if the Meridian4 Complete Pack is worth $20 im not expecting any masterpieces but im hopeing ill be able to get my moneys worth also does anyone know if they fixed the lfd2 splitscreen water problem

Edited by gamez79, 27 June 2010 - 12:27 AM.

#712 samuelcole

samuelcole

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2010 - 12:15 AM

Also, I was just reminded that I have a Half Life 2 license floating around from when I bought Orange Box. First PM with an email address can have it for free.

#713 reininop

reininop

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2010 - 12:19 AM

Also, I was just reminded that I have a Half Life 2 license floating around from when I bought Orange Box. First PM with an email address can have it for free.

First time I have ever had a chance at someone's generosity on here and I already own the game :cry:

Someone will enjoy it though! Thanks!
[URL="http://social.bioware.com/brc/541664"][/URL]

#714 samuelcole

samuelcole

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2010 - 12:28 AM

I'm glad to give it away, I've had it for forever.

This is obviously the wrong thread, but did anyone else find HL2 a bit overrated? It seemed like a tech demo for the Source engine more then anything else...

#715 stsdasnowman

stsdasnowman

Posted 27 June 2010 - 12:29 AM

i'm in for killing floor @ $5. At this rate, i'm going to go back to being more of a pc gamer than console gamer. Third purchase within a month.
Thanks, op.

Ew

qft

#716 BGriffith

BGriffith

Am I saying meow?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2010 - 12:36 AM

Anyone have a slot open for Bioshock2? Yeah I know I'm days late....I've been contemplating it.

Bioshock 2 deal is over now...

#717 Mike UFC

Mike UFC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2010 - 12:37 AM

does anyone know if the Meridian4 Complete Pack is worth $20 im not expecting any masterpieces but im hopeing ill be able to get my moneys worth also does anyone know if they fixed the lfd2 splitscreen water problem

The Meridian pack has some good stuff. I can personally vouch for the Shadowgrounds games and Chrome. Those two EDIT: Correction, three are solid. Avencast and Greed: Black Border look pretty intriguing as well.

#718 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2010 - 12:43 AM

Once again I already had most of the games I was interested in...

I did go ahead and grab Zeno Clash. The walkthrough they did at Giant Bomb was entertaining enough and I've always heard pretty good things about the game.

#719 gamez79

gamez79

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2010 - 12:48 AM

The Meridian pack has some good stuff. I can personally vouch for the Shadowgrounds games and Chrome. Those two EDIT: Correction, three are solid. Avencast and Greed: Black Border look pretty intriguing as well.

thanks im trying some of the demos now ill probably pick it up next week

#720 drbutchevil

drbutchevil

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2010 - 01:22 AM

Anyone else buy Dirt 1 and having issues getting it to work in Windows 7? The only fixes I can find are for quad core and those don't work. I pops up the rectangle box with Dirt logo in it, then goes black where it hangs forever.