Steam Summer Sale SALE OVER.

• Please log in to reply
3136 replies to this topic

#721 Gregalor

Gregalor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2010 - 01:26 AM

This is obviously the wrong thread, but did anyone else find HL2 a bit overrated? It seemed like a tech demo for the Source engine more then anything else...

Isn't this question about 5 years too late, regardless of what you think the answer is?

#722 Jesse_Dylan

Jesse_Dylan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2010 - 01:33 AM

The Meridian pack has some good stuff. I can personally vouch for the Shadowgrounds games and Chrome. Those two EDIT: Correction, three are solid. Avencast and Greed: Black Border look pretty intriguing as well.

Also, if anyone is already thinking about it (I'd better pass, myself), I bought Obulis sometime, probably Christmas, and to be honest it's really fun. hehe. A casual game, kind of filler, but it's GOOD filler if you're already thinking about the pack. But, "casual" might not be the right word, as it's so hard I threw my mouse down the hall and into the bathroom toilet (it was a good shot) and started laughing at myself after I got done punching myself in the crotch.

And stopped playing the game.

Are any of the other complete packs particularly good? The Introversion Software Pack gets my recommendation, but I dunno about the others. Telltale if I didn't already have it (wish I'd waited, as now I think it has Sam and Max Season 3 included). Take 2 if I didn't already have a lot of it... A few others seem solid, but I've got games from most that interest me (the packs with King's Bounty and Jagged Alliance and whatnot).

Edited by Jesse_Dylan, 27 June 2010 - 01:48 AM.

#723 Chuplayer

Chuplayer

Anticitizen One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2010 - 01:35 AM

Okay, moving my TFU crusade to the Steam topic in the PC subforum. Warning: It's still a broken mess of software.
Boycotting Digital Press for blatant anti-Semitism.

#724 Kaltic

Kaltic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2010 - 01:48 AM

(For the record, I didn't think Chuplayer was being a troll... Maybe he could have phrased things in a different way, but he didn't mean any harm. He's a passionate fellow.)

I have no problem with someone stating their opinion (in really any way), but repeating it over and over again gets a little annoying especially when no matter what someone else says the same line is repeated.

Okay, moving my TFU crusade to the Steam topic in the PC subforum. Warning: It's still a broken mess of software.

And as a prime example this. I honestly had no idea it was a broken mess the first 13 times Chuplayer said it....

Anyway moving. A lot of the big name packs like THQ and Square Enix are good, but you most likely have enough games in each pack that discourages you from buying the whole thing. I would say the Call of Duty pack is a steal if you haven't bought one of the games (or even if you only own one of them).

Can't really think of any others that are great and most likely the great ones you probably already own something in each.

#725 Pajama_Man

Pajama_Man

Posted 27 June 2010 - 02:15 AM

Well crap.

They jacked up the price of the Witcher.

Used to be $6.79 but now it's $13.39 :(
Join the CAG's Steam Community HERE!
Posted Image

#726 SportInjectionR

SportInjectionR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2010 - 02:18 AM

Well crap.

That's what I paid for it during the holiday sale.. I was jealous when I saw the $6.79 price

#727 Jesse_Dylan

Jesse_Dylan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2010 - 02:20 AM

Well crap.

!! Is it a mistake? I hope that doesn't happen t0 anything I'm waiting until the last day for.

(That said, Witcher is still a steal at that price. I paid $20, I believe, and was thrilled to buy it at that price, even though I had it on disc. It got great reviews, and I still think it was underrated.)

Edited by Jesse_Dylan, 27 June 2010 - 02:31 AM.

#728 Ardrid

Ardrid

Posted 27 June 2010 - 02:21 AM

!! Is it a mistake? I hope that doesn't happen on anything I'm waiting for the last day on.

(That said, Witcher is still a steal at that price. It got great reviews, and I still think it was underrated.)

It was my understanding that the Witcher was part of one of their daily deals. Not sure though.

sig.gif

Video Game Spending Tabs: 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

#729 Over easy

Over easy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2010 - 02:22 AM

I'm waiting for the Civ 4 pack to be on sale. I can't believe I didn't pull the trigger last time when it was only $10.
Posted Image

#730 Kaltic

Kaltic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2010 - 02:42 AM

It was my understanding that the Witcher was part of one of their daily deals. Not sure though.

It hasn't been yet. It was 6.79 since the beginning of the sale 2 days ago. Kind of sucks that it went up. I was planning on buying that on the last day. Hopefully it will become a daily deal for its old price.

EDIT: Actually I may have to thank them because I do need to save the money. Raising the price may (depending if it is lowered later) keep me from spending my money on it.

#731 mswierzb

mswierzb

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2010 - 02:55 AM

It hasn't been yet. It was 6.79 since the beginning of the sale 2 days ago. Kind of sucks that it went up. I was planning on buying that on the last day. Hopefully it will become a daily deal for its old price.

EDIT: Actually I may have to thank them because I do need to save the money. Raising the price may (depending if it is lowered later) keep me from spending my money on it.

I just noticed that the price went back up. I'm a little disappointed in that and I hope it goes back down.

#732 Saablic

Saablic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2010 - 03:00 AM

Anyone else buy Dirt 1 and having issues getting it to work in Windows 7? The only fixes I can find are for quad core and those don't work. I pops up the rectangle box with Dirt logo in it, then goes black where it hangs forever.

I already had Dirt 1 and I just started it up on Win7 x64 and it appeared to work. Not sure what the issue you are seeing is, sorry.

#733 JohnDM

JohnDM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2010 - 03:03 AM

Grabbed Zeno Clash for $3.75. Haven't spent more than $4 on a game yet! (Serious Sam double pack was $7.50, but two games so it counts.)

#734 Jugglenaut

Jugglenaut

Horseshoe Goldfish

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2010 - 03:03 AM

Same here. I was hoping for a slightly cheaper daily deal, but if that doesn't happen I'm not buying it. Guess I'll just save some money, then.

#735 Trakan

Trakan

Mark IV Style Motherfucker!

• Super Moderators

Posted 27 June 2010 - 03:07 AM

Guys, keep it on topic and no more insults, please.

#736 Syranth

Syranth

Formerly WormFOODx

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2010 - 03:07 AM

How is Zeno Clash? I've thought about picking it up for a while. What are it's strong points and weak points?

#737 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2010 - 03:09 AM

Noooooo I was also waiting until the last day. No sale at the higher price.

#738 Pajama_Man

Pajama_Man

Posted 27 June 2010 - 03:09 AM

Same here. I was hoping for a slightly cheaper daily deal, but if that doesn't happen I'm not buying it. Guess I'll just save some money, then.

Interestingly if you look at the main scrolling banner, the Atari one says "66% off all Atari games. Including ...The Witcher...".

:-k
Join the CAG's Steam Community HERE!
Posted Image

#739 RedGamer

RedGamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2010 - 03:11 AM

Goddarnit, I started this sale with $60.00 in my PayPal account and I told myself that I could only spend what I had in my PayPal account.

That plan is so easily going to falter at this rate. I've spent around $25.00 so far on Serious Sam HD Pack, L4D2, Lead And Gold and Overlord Pack. I -wanted- to buy Killing Floor, Audio Surf, Zeno Clash and Ghostbusters. But I just know some good titles like Borderlands are going to go on sale. So I've been trying to.. prioritize. Though, I kinda've want to just splurge.

This is basically my first time participating in Steam as my main source of games, so I'm finding it hard not to get all.. crazy about the collection.

#740 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2010 - 03:11 AM

How is Zeno Clash? I've thought about picking it up for a while. What are it's strong points and weak points?

Just bought it on high recommendation. Also the Quick Look video at Giant Bomb was pretty convincing :) http://www.giantbomb...clash/61-22011/

#741 Kaltic

Kaltic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2010 - 03:15 AM

Interestingly if you look at the main scrolling banner, the Atari one says "66% off all Atari games. Including ...The Witcher...".

:-k

Well than that gives a lot of hope of this being a mistake. Or they could have made 2 mistakes. Those mistakes possibly being the 66% off price and the banner.

#742 Kaltic

Kaltic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2010 - 03:16 AM

Goddarnit, I started this sale with $60.00 in my PayPal account and I told myself that I could only spend what I had in my PayPal account.

That plan is so easily going to falter at this rate. I've spent around $25.00 so far on Serious Sam HD Pack, L4D2, Lead And Gold and Overlord Pack. I -wanted- to buy Killing Floor, Audio Surf, Zeno Clash and Ghostbusters. But I just know some good titles like Borderlands are going to go on sale. So I've been trying to.. prioritize. Though, I kinda've want to just splurge.

This is basically my first time participating in Steam as my main source of games, so I'm finding it hard not to get all.. crazy about the collection.

I think I was lucky to buy 25 games during the Holiday sale. So now there isn't as much for me to get. Of course those 25 games only cost me $50 during the holiday sale.

#743 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2010 - 03:19 AM

We have a Left 4 Dead group buy thread here:

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=259405

Please arrange group buys there, not in this thread.

Bummed about the Witcher. I already own it on disc, but I wanted to add it to my Steam account. I was waiting till the last day too.

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Phone Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

#744 Jesse_Dylan

Jesse_Dylan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2010 - 03:24 AM

What if we wrote in and complained that the price changed and that it's supposed to be 66% off "ALL" Atari games, as in the banner?

I don't care personally, but I want people to buy and play this great game. :)

#745 DRM-Free

DRM-Free

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2010 - 03:38 AM

I, too, am bummed by The Witcher's price increase. Now, the best we can hope for is the old $6.79 price in a Daily Deal.

I, for one, may pass on the game completely. It reminds me of when Direct2Drive offered Aaaaa! for $1.25, but bumped the price up to $5 within a few hours of their "sale."

Don't toy with a CAG; After all, he's/she's the one with the money.

#746 DrowVampyre

DrowVampyre

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2010 - 03:46 AM

L4D2 has me interested, but I'd like to know from someone who has it... 1) does it have any sort of storyline to it, and 2) can you play it 2 player co-op (not on the same PC or anything, but if I get it I'd want to play it with just me and a friend)?

#747 SeanTM22

SeanTM22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2010 - 03:49 AM

L4D2 has me interested, but I'd like to know from someone who has it... 1) does it have any sort of storyline to it, and 2) can you play it 2 player co-op (not on the same PC or anything, but if I get it I'd want to play it with just me and a friend)?

Yes L4D is ALL about co-op

#748 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2010 - 03:50 AM

Drow, yes it has a story. You get bits of it through dialogue with the characters and by reading the writing on the walls in safe rooms. There aren't cinemas outside of that though. Each level in Left 4 Dead 2 happens in a chronological order, too.

Yes, you can play with only two players. The other players would be controlled by bots in that situation. It's easier with 4 humans, but usually not too hard with less.

-Paul Acevedo

#749 crumrin114

crumrin114

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2010 - 03:52 AM

We have a Left 4 Dead group buy thread here:

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=259405

Please arrange group buys there, not in this thread.

There's a lot more people reading this thread, and there's only a day (now 1/2 a day) to set up the groups. So unless you can get someone to update the OP, this thread is going to be a much better place to do it.

#750 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2010 - 03:55 AM

There's a lot more people reading this thread, and there's only a day (now 1/2 a day) to set up the groups. So unless you can get someone to update the OP, this thread is going to be a much better place to do it.

Be that as it may, the mods have said more than once not to arrange group buys in deal threads. They've even said so in this exact thread. It takes up a ton of space that should be used for actual discussion.

And yeah, in a few pages people will forget that they aren't supposed to do it here, but we have to try.

-Paul Acevedo