todays deals are 100% pure garbage
Posted Image
I was half cut, im not slippin man i slipped! - Max Payne

#1262 BGriffith

BGriffith

Am I saying meow?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2010 - 05:03 PM

thinking about ARMA2 and TF2, Osmos sounds interesting if anyone knows anything about it?

#1263 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2010 - 05:03 PM

No, they are not. But thanks for playing.

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Phone Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

#1264 Mike UFC

Mike UFC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2010 - 05:04 PM

Street Fighter IV $9.99
Numen: Contest of Heroes $7.49
Commandos Collection $3.75
Team Fortress 2 $6.79
Osmos $2.49
Arma II $19.99
GTA IV $4.99
X-Com Complete $3.74

#1265 jj5206

jj5206

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2010 - 05:04 PM

nothing for me today...I have a feeling that the last day is just going to be ridiculous...

#1266 Logain8955

Logain8955

Groovy Cactuar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2010 - 05:05 PM

Tempted by Arma. If it was 75% off, it'd be an instant buy.
http://fp.profiles.u...id/jedi8955.png" width="230" height="155" border="0"

Download DevourerTDA, a new competitive Tower Defense map for Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne today!

CAG Thread: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=263655
Download it here! http://wc3.nibbits.c...ourertda-ver-10

#1267 mtxbass1

mtxbass1

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

GTAIV is a steal for $5. Arma II is very solid for $20 if you're in to realistic military action. X-Com complete is a great deal, as is Osmos. I'd like Street Fighter, but not for $10.

#1268 forbiddenx

forbiddenx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

GTAIV seems pretty good for $5. I missed out on all the other sales from D2D and steam. Should I bite this time?

#1269 GoJays2025

GoJays2025

I like cake.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2010 - 05:07 PM

Garbage to you maybe. Those are some very good games. Luckily I already have Commandos and X-Com, so I won't be buying those. Osmos looks interesting though, I wonder if I should get that...

#1270 ForeStorm

ForeStorm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2010 - 05:07 PM

GTAIV seems pretty good for $5. I missed out on all the other sales from D2D and steam. Should I bite this time?

If you like the GTA games at all and haven't played GTA IV, now is the time to pick it up. I liked what little bit of GTA IV I played at a friend's house, and this $5 costs about as much as the Blue Moon I had last night at the bar.

To be honest, though, I would have been more excited for Rocket Knight at $5. :3

#1271 cheesycrouton

cheesycrouton

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2010 - 05:09 PM

Here is a comparison spreadsheet of the current summer sale & last year's Christmas sale.

Enjoy!

Link

Note: Games in the Christmas Sale that are not on sale now are not shown.

#1272 Jesse_Dylan

Jesse_Dylan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2010 - 05:10 PM

What is the deal with Numen? Anyone? There are zero reviews on the internet that I could find and $7.50 is a lot for a risk. (Gonna double-post this on the other thread.)

(I already own GTA IV, SF IV, X-COM and Osmos, so nothing for me today. Both disappointment and relief. :)

#1273 BGriffith

BGriffith

Am I saying meow?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2010 - 05:11 PM

ARMA 2 also has a bundle with the new expansion released today for $50...

#1274 Mike UFC

Mike UFC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2010 - 05:11 PM

I'm interested in Numen but that's about it. Great price on GTA IV.

#1275 Mike UFC

Mike UFC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2010 - 05:13 PM

What is the deal with Numen? Anyone? There are zero reviews on the internet that I could find and $7.50 is a lot for a risk. (Gonna double-post this on the other thread.)

(I already own GTA IV, SF IV, X-COM and Osmos, so nothing for me today. Both disappointment and relief. :)

There are some reviews on the Steam forums and they're all generally positive. I guess the controls are very much like WoW. I'll sleep on it.

#1276 Kaltic

Kaltic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2010 - 05:13 PM

Here is a comparison spreadsheet of the current summer sale & last year's Christmas sale.

Enjoy!

Link

Note: Games in the Christmas Sale that are not on sale now are not shown.

I love how half the BETTER or WORSE are wrong.

#1277 HisDivineOrder

HisDivineOrder

Embrace the Dealness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2010 - 05:16 PM

The games being put on sale seem to be getting worse as the sale goes on. GTA IV and SF IV are deals, if you don't have them and want them. I picked GTA IV back during the Rockstar week, though.

After the first day, I thought Steam was going to have me buying a lot. So far, not so much. I know I read someone wanted TF2 on a forum somewhere, bet he's happy. :D

#1278 Zipomatic2

Zipomatic2

Really, Really Cheap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2010 - 05:17 PM

You sir, Are an idiot.

In for GTAIV

Already have a physical version, but it will be worth $5 not to have the bloody disk in!

#1279 Kaltic

Kaltic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2010 - 05:19 PM

You sir, Are an idiot.

In for GTAIV

Already have a physical version, but it will be worth $5 not to have the bloody disk in!

At least he didn't say they are not deals.

#1280 DukeEdwardI

DukeEdwardI

Whose Queens?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2010 - 05:19 PM

I remember looking into Numen when it first came out. From what I can tell, it plays and controls like SP WoW. I'm thinking about picking it up, but I need to check out a few more user impressions and some gameplay videos.

Other than that, nothing for me today.

#1281 DRM-Free

DRM-Free

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2010 - 05:20 PM

The games being put on sale seem to be getting worse as the sale goes on. GTA IV and SF IV are deals, if you don't have them and want them. I picked GTA IV back during the Rockstar week, though.

I agree, but, at the same time, I'm also waiting on some "interesting" choices. (Such as Bionic Commando, MAWsome Pack, Machinarium, etc.)

I am hoping that Rocket Knight, despite being a recent release, gets a Daily Deal slot.

Either way, there's usually at least one standout per day, so I'm happy.

#1282 Jesse_Dylan

Jesse_Dylan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2010 - 05:23 PM

There are some reviews on the Steam forums and they're all generally positive. I guess the controls are very much like WoW. I'll sleep on it.

I remember looking into Numen when it first came out. From what I can tell, it plays and controls like SP WoW. I'm thinking about picking it up, but I need to check out a few more user impressions and some gameplay videos.

Other than that, nothing for me today.

Guess I'll sleep on it, too, but that sounds really cool to me! I dunno if it's helpful but I found a few videos...

Edited by Jesse_Dylan, 29 June 2010 - 05:47 PM.

#1283 Hydro2Oxide

Hydro2Oxide

Posted 29 June 2010 - 05:27 PM

Wow, Numen not out even a month and it's 75% off. Sales must've been bad.

Nothing for me today though, I still have yet to buy anything but I've come close.

#1284 slowpantz

slowpantz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2010 - 05:28 PM

Tempted to pick up X-com pack...Are the games still fun to play? Or are they more of a nostalgia thing now?
Check out a classy show, One man asking a series of woman the hard hitting questions! : letsaskalady.podbean.com
Also on iTunes! Subscribe today.

#1285 cheesycrouton

cheesycrouton

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2010 - 05:31 PM

I love how half the BETTER or WORSE are wrong.

Edit - thanks for catching that. Updated :)

Edited by cheesycrouton, 29 June 2010 - 05:57 PM.

#1286 INCyr

INCyr

Devotee of CAGthulhu

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2010 - 05:33 PM

Tempted to pick up X-com pack...Are the games still fun to play? Or are they more of a nostalgia thing now?

For $4 does it matter? ;)

I picked them up on a different service a while back, and dove into X-Com. It was fun, although there were some obvious refinements that the gameplay could have used, being what, almost 20 years old? (1993) But the game itself was still interesting and engrossing, and hard as hell. I didn't get to any of the expansions, but if you like those types of games, I think you'd still find it quite a bit of fun. Especially for $4.

#1287 GoJays2025

GoJays2025

I like cake.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2010 - 05:32 PM

I still play X-Com 1. I don't think it's a game that can get old. If you like turn based games you need to get it. It's considered to be one of the best games ever for a reason.

#1288 slowpantz

slowpantz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2010 - 05:35 PM

Thanks for the input picked up the X-com collection
Check out a classy show, One man asking a series of woman the hard hitting questions! : letsaskalady.podbean.com
Also on iTunes! Subscribe today.

#1289 Masquerade

Masquerade

Posted 29 June 2010 - 05:36 PM

Might pick up Osmos. It reminds me of Flow on PSN.

#1290 jezz.torrent

jezz.torrent

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2010 - 05:37 PM

I've heard good things from other people who played them for the first time. I tried playing the first one recently, and while the gameplay is still really good, the interface is very dated. The graphics are obviously low-res, but still look pretty good, and they never were important anyway. If you're willing to put up with a fairly old and clunky UI, you'll have a great time. I didn't try any of the other games in the pack.

I wish someone would make a HD remake of the first game, rather than that unrelated FPS cash-in.

I say buy it -- it's really cheap, and a classic.