Prof. Layton and the Diabolical Box - $18.11 @ Sam's Club IN-STORE - YMMV

Amneisac

CAGiversary!
I just picked up Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box at Sam's Club for $18.11. I loved the first one (which I also got on sale at Sam's way back) so I wanted to get this one, too.

Agreed totally. I'm looking forward to the next installment: Professor Layton and the Unwound Future. :whistle2:o Can you even imagine how the series will be when it moves to the 3DS? The puzzles are already delightful in 2D, I can't even imagine the insanity that Level 5 will come up with the addition of depth and 3-Dimensional Space.

I've never seen the love for this series. Awful puzzles and terrible, Level-5 brand writing. If this came out on the PC absolutely nobody would even notice it.

I don't see what's terrible about the puzzles, they're pretty tried and true puzzles, it's not like Level 5 invented them all. Of course no one would play it on PC, first of all the stylus control is essential, and secondly, it's not a game you sit and play straight through, I just play it for 30 minutes at a time before I go to sleep at night.

[quote name='Amneisac']I don't see what's terrible about the puzzles, they're pretty tried and true puzzles, it's not like Level 5 invented them all. Of course no one would play it on PC, first of all the stylus control is essential, and secondly, it's not a game you sit and play straight through, I just play it for 30 minutes at a time before I go to sleep at night.[/QUOTE]

I play it straight through. I just can't stop. I was at E3 when Diabolical Box was announced, and the Nintendo rep told me that I just missed the series creator, who was over watching people play. I wanted to shake that man's hand.

[quote name='Meringue']I've never seen the love for this series. Awful puzzles and terrible, Level-5 brand writing. If this came out on the PC absolutely nobody would even notice it.[/QUOTE]

People still play PC? =P

[quote name='Meringue']I've never seen the love for this series. Awful puzzles and terrible, Level-5 brand writing. If this came out on the PC absolutely nobody would even notice it.[/QUOTE]

I feel sorry for you.

bread's done
Back