Netflix Streaming Thread 2.0

• Please log in to reply
2446 replies to this topic

#271 hiccupleftovers

hiccupleftovers

Worst Poster on CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2011 - 11:20 PM

Sorry if it was posted already but I everyone should check out "Exit Thru The Gift Shop" a great documentary on street art and about the man who filmed it.

Exit Thru The Gift Shop is excellent. Definitely in my top 5 for films last year. You can also watch it through Hulu at the moment, however, they only have it in SD and you have to pay up for their shitty Hulu Plus to get the HD now.

Another excellent art documentary is The Art of the Steal. After watching it, you'll never think about wills in the same way, or how - and i'm sorry to say this - Philadelphia is run by a bunch of assholes.

Las Vegas Limousine - The coolest limos in town!

Los Angeles Limousine

#272 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2011 - 02:16 AM

Scrubs is up! I feel oddly compelled to watch them all via instant streaming even though the DVD's are not even 20 feet away from me.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#273 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 17 February 2011 - 02:32 AM

Season 8 was okay. The first few episodes of season 9 were okay. You'd do best to stop watching at the end of season 8. The last two episodes (My Finale, part 1 and 2) were just.. perfect.

Agreed. I didn't even bother with season 9 as the ending of Season 8 was perfect.

3DS Friend Code: 2595-0524-8826

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection

#274 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

Missed out on the Great Walmart glitch of 11/6 due to FLAT TIRE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2011 - 02:33 AM

Hmm... I am wondering if ER will ever hit Instant? Wouldn't mind catching up on that show.

BTW..finally finished the first season of BSG. Wow.. very intricate stories.

#275 Indignate

Indignate

Hell Yeah, I’m the Motherfucking Princess!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2011 - 08:32 AM

Am I the only one who didn't love Exit Thru The Gift Shop or even think that it wasn't that great for the matter? I liked it for what it was, but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone that wasn't already in to documentaries or street art or documentaries about street art and I definitely wouldn't put it in a movie of the year category like so many did last year.

Adding, but probably will never get around to watching, That 70's Show, Scrubs, and the last season of 24.

#276 mtxbass1

mtxbass1

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2011 - 01:51 PM

Am I the only one who didn't love Exit Thru The Gift Shop or even think that it wasn't that great for the matter? I liked it for what it was, but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone that wasn't already in to documentaries or street art or documentaries about street art and I definitely wouldn't put it in a movie of the year category like so many did last year.

Nope. I didn't care for it much either. It was interesting, but when it deviated from Banksy I began to lose interest. The entire Mr. Brainwash bit wore thin on me, especially since so much of his work seemed to copy so many other modern artists.

#277 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 17 February 2011 - 02:44 PM

Again, that was the point Banksy was making. How the modern art scene is all about hype and people going out to be seen etc. moreso than the quality of the art or talent of the artist.

But yeah, I do agree with Indignate that I wouldn't recommend it to my friends who aren't into documentaries, indie films, art etc. as I don't think it's a very accessible movie for the average Joe who isn't already interested in those things.

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection

#278 2DMention

2DMention

Posted 17 February 2011 - 02:49 PM

Nope. I didn't care for it much either. It was interesting, but when it deviated from Banksy I began to lose interest. The entire Mr. Brainwash bit wore thin on me, especially since so much of his work seemed to copy so many other modern artists.

I have to agree. That part really pissed me off and made the movie fall apart.

It does seem like a movie that doc and indie people would enjoy more than anything.
Posted Image

#279 thrustbucket

thrustbucket

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2011 - 02:50 PM

I don't know if it's been mentioned but I highly recommend the Korean movie "Chaser". It's being remade here in America. Catch it before they screw it up.

Good reviews also from the likes of Roger Ebert.

#280 yesiamaplant

yesiamaplant

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2011 - 03:26 PM

If no one has done it lately, pop on "Silverado". Great flick from the writer of Raiders of the Lost Ark.

By the by, has anyone been having issues viewing WiN on PC lately? There seems to be a problem with my Silverlight plug-in that I can't fix.

#281 porieux

porieux

Posted 18 February 2011 - 12:17 AM

That Mitchell & Webb Look seasons 2 and 3 added. Cracking stuff.

#282 hiccupleftovers

hiccupleftovers

Worst Poster on CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2011 - 02:44 AM

Well, get in your HD Criterion watching in. Seems Criterion is leaving Netflix instant streaming and heading over to Hulu. Plus side is SD is now free (Yay! Goodie, bad news is those who watched on their computers/PS3/Xbox/etc. will not have HD included anymore. Still not paying for Hulu Plus.

http://techland.time...n-from-netflix/

http://blog.hulu.com...oins-hulu-plus/

Edit: I made a mistake. SD won't be free for Criterions at Hulu. Another reason to be pissed off at Hulu. What a dumb move on the part of Criterion.

Edited by hiccupleftovers, 21 February 2011 - 12:55 AM.

Los Angeles Limousine

#283 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

Missed out on the Great Walmart glitch of 11/6 due to FLAT TIRE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2011 - 02:01 PM

I'm already into Season 2.5 of BSG.... my god it keeps on getting better and better. I'm already at the episode where the two battlestars fighters nearly go at it...some serious tension.... damn

Also does Starbuck
Spoiler

#284 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2011 - 12:50 AM

If Netflix would have closed captions on streaming, I'd be a happy girl.

#285 hiccupleftovers

hiccupleftovers

Worst Poster on CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2011 - 12:56 AM

If Netflix would have closed captions on streaming, I'd be a happy girl.

Same here. They were supposed to have them at least a year ago I think.

Los Angeles Limousine

#286 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2011 - 02:02 AM

Been watching a lot of Prison Break. While I hate Brett Ratner, the show is very addicting. Lots of "yeah, whatever" moments because it's definitely got Ratner's stamp on it, but still a very enjoyable show.

#287 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2011 - 02:10 AM

Been watching a lot of Prison Break. While I hate Brett Ratner, the show is very addicting. Lots of "yeah, whatever" moments because it's definitely got Ratner's stamp on it, but still a very enjoyable show.

It's absurdism at its best but it's definitely entertaining.

#288 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2011 - 02:25 AM

Anyone know if Life On Mars ends in a cliffhanger or unresolved? I know it was canceled and I don't want to bother if it just abruptly ends. I've hard it was good though so I'm curious...

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#289 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2011 - 02:33 AM

Anyone know if Life On Mars ends in a cliffhanger or unresolved? I know it was canceled and I don't want to bother if it just abruptly ends. I've hard it was good though so I'm curious...

http://en.wikipedia....ars_(TV_series)

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#290 Javery

Javery

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2011 - 02:48 AM

http://en.wikipedia....ars_(TV_series)

I was wondering about the US version - plus if I read summaries I'll get spoiled...

#291 WeaponX2099

WeaponX2099

Basement Jaxx!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2011 - 02:57 AM

I was wondering about the US version - plus if I read summaries I'll get spoiled...

it ends weirdly but resolved.

#292 mis0

mis0

Posted 21 February 2011 - 04:12 AM

The Cosby Show - where boys/girls become men/women through 20 minute life lessons and shenanigans.

[mis0's tradelist]

#293 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2011 - 04:19 AM

it ends weirdly

That's a fucking understatement. It's very obvious they had to throw something together at the last minute when they found out they weren't getting a second season. It's better than ending on a cliffhanger, but it is way out there. As a whole, I liked the show a lot.

#294 schuerm26

schuerm26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2011 - 07:15 AM

anyone have a good starting point for the x-files? Not really wanting to watch 9 seasons of it but defnitely want to watch some of them. Should I just start at the beginning or is there a good place to start later on down the line?

#295 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2011 - 01:28 PM

anyone have a good starting point for the x-files? Not really wanting to watch 9 seasons of it but defnitely want to watch some of them. Should I just start at the beginning or is there a good place to start later on down the line?

I would always start shows at the beginning incase I got hooked and wanted to see all of them. My fiance just finished the all seasons of it.

#296 Javery

Javery

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2011 - 01:51 PM

Definitely start from the beginning - some of the best episodes are in the first season. Plus, it lays out the mythology of the show. If you are going to skip anything you should skip seasons 8 and 9 (after Mulder and then Scully were no longer series regulars).

#297 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2011 - 02:04 PM

Yeah don't even bother with the last couple of seasons. I think one of my favorite episodes is from the first season, can't remember the name of it, the episode reminds me of "The Thing". Mulder and Scully go to some remote outpost in (I think) Alaska and some sort of parasite is infecting people and making them crazy.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#298 Brownjohn

Brownjohn

Posted 21 February 2011 - 05:09 PM

I liked the first season, but couldn't bear to watch anything after that.

I've been watching a lot of 3rd rock from the sun and scrubs, and my wife has been watching tons of the cosby show, who's comedy, surprisingly, still holds up.
To each his own.

#299 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2011 - 05:12 PM

I just got Netflix via free trial and I got it streaming through my X360, but I was wondering, can you stream it via 2 X360's at the same time, or can you only be signed in one at a time?

P R O V E H I T O   I N   A L T U M

LinkinPrime.jpg

30stmsymbols.png

#300 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 21 February 2011 - 05:18 PM

Should work on 2 devices at the same time--could get buffering issues depending on how much bandwidth you have etc.

Only issue I could see with 360 is it requires a gold account--not sure if you can be signed in on 2 360s at the same time. If you can, it will work (or if you have 2 gold accounts in your house).

Otherwise you could stream on 360 and another device like a laptop or Roku box etc. at the same time in different rooms as long as nothing has changed since the last time I've done that.

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection