2392 replies to this topic

#301 Jobbercho

Jobbercho

Do a barrel roll!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2011 - 05:20 PM

Keep this in mind:

Q:
Can I watch movies instantly on more than one PC or Netflix-ready device?
A:
Some membership plans allow you to watch simultaneously on more than one personal computer or Netflix-ready device. If you are on the 1-disc-out-at-a-time plan, you may watch only one device at a time. If you are on the 2-discs-out-at-a-time plan, you may watch on up to two devices at a time. Members on the 3-disc plan can watch on up to three devices. The maximum is four devices -- available for members on the 4-or-greater-discs-out-at-a-time plan.

Your account can have up to six unique authorized devices activated (and associated with it) at any given time, including personal computers and Netflix-ready devices. For example, if you're on the 1-disc plan, you can have up to six devices associated with your account, but you can only watch one of them at a time. If you're on the 2-disc plan, you can have up to six devices activated but can only watch two of them at the same time.

Posted Image

#302 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 21 February 2011 - 05:28 PM

Guess that's a change from the past. Before I had the one disc plan and my roommate and I would watch at the same time in different rooms.

So I stand corrected.

3DS Friend Code: 2595-0524-8826

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection

#303 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2011 - 05:32 PM

Should work on 2 devices at the same time--could get buffering issues depending on how much bandwidth you have etc.

Only issue I could see with 360 is it requires a gold account--not sure if you can be signed in on 2 360s at the same time. If you can, it will work (or if you have 2 gold accounts in your house).

Otherwise you could stream on 360 and another device like a laptop or Roku box etc. at the same time in different rooms as long as nothing has changed since the last time I've done that.

Keep this in mind:

Excellent! Thanks to the both of you :bow:

#304 punklivz

punklivz

CAGmazing!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2011 - 05:33 PM

It depends I think, because I have the 1 disk out at a time plan, and we can watch streaming on my 360 and ps3 at the same time any given time, but when I try to stream via PC I can only do it on the PC, no 360 or ps3 at the same time.

Also anyone remember "My so called Life" on MTV years ago? Might be to chick flickey but they're bringing it to streaming in March... It's been a really long time since I've seen that... the chick with the red hair, is about all I can remember lol
join bing and get free microsoft points :)

http://go.microsoft....4D-07A488CEAF45
Posted ImagePosted Image

#305 Jobbercho

Jobbercho

Do a barrel roll!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2011 - 05:36 PM

Guess that's a change from the past. Before I had the one disc plan and my roommate and I would watch at the same time in different rooms.

So I stand corrected.

Whoops.. guess I should add that when I did have the one at a time plan a couple months ago, I was able to watch on multiple devices. So yeah, you can do it, it's just a matter of being caught.
Posted Image

#306 punklivz

punklivz

CAGmazing!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2011 - 05:43 PM

SVU watchers, have you noticed how many stars are in the first few seasons? Just guests though, not the lead characters... I'm in season 3, and I've already noticed 4 people from CSI and the chick from Bones, was in one last night... crazy
join bing and get free microsoft points :)

http://go.microsoft....4D-07A488CEAF45
Posted ImagePosted Image

#307 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2011 - 05:47 PM

SVU has quite a few gust stars. One of my favorites was the one with Jerry Lewis as Munch's uncle.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#308 Brownjohn

Brownjohn

Posted 21 February 2011 - 06:32 PM

Keep this in mind:

That's interesting, but I'm pretty sure its not true. I was using a PC to watch scrubs last night, while my wife was in the living room watching the cosby show on the PS3. It may be policy, but I don't think they enforce it.

We have trouble with hulu plus on more than one device, though.
To each his own.

#309 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2011 - 06:57 PM

6 devices is definitely the max. We get a Netflix subscription (3 out at a time + blu-ray) for my parents every year and this year my mom got an iPad and tried linking Netflix to it and we got an error message saying there were already 6 devices connected so I had to disconnect my PS3 so they could use it. Right now we've got (1) their iPad, (2) their PS3, (3) my 360, (4) my iPhone, (5) my iPad and (6) my laptop.

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#310 RAMSTORIA

RAMSTORIA

fate is inexorable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2011 - 07:27 PM

anyone have a good starting point for the x-files? Not really wanting to watch 9 seasons of it but defnitely want to watch some of them. Should I just start at the beginning or is there a good place to start later on down the line?

start from the beginning. if you dont want to watch the whole thing google a list of the "x-files mythology". x-files mythology is a 4 dvd set that was put out with episodes only central to the main x-files storyline. no monster of the week episodes and such. just the central plot.

Posted Image

#311 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

Missed out on the Great Walmart glitch of 11/6 due to FLAT TIRE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2011 - 08:13 PM

It would be nice to have a Netflix app for the Zune HD :(

#312 porieux

porieux

Posted 21 February 2011 - 09:34 PM

I started watching 'Louie', pretty funny IMO. So far I've watched most of the episodes and only one has been a clunker (ep 11). Ricky Gervais is a guest on episode 3.

If you like dark humor you should check it out.

#313 Javery

Javery

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2011 - 10:13 PM

I started watching 'Louie', pretty funny IMO. So far I've watched most of the episodes and only one has been a clunker (ep 11). Ricky Gervais is a guest on episode 3.

If you like dark humor you should check it out.

I loved that show. The episode when he takes his date to the pizzeria was hilarious. Definitely not a show for everyone though.

#314 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2011 - 12:43 AM

It would be nice to have a Netflix app for the Zune HD :(

Even nicer if the Netflix app makes it to Android.

#315 DT778

DT778

number 1 on the westside

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2011 - 12:49 AM

Louie is great. Currently watching it and the last episode I saw was the pizza one. Good stuff.

#316 zman73

zman73

Posted 22 February 2011 - 09:33 PM

I like Louie as well, but I really loved his last series Lucky Louie even more, that show was hilarious once it got going... a shame HBO pulled it too quickly because the ratings for it grew over the course of the season it was on
"...and I was so anxious to get out of bed I stepped on her face"
from Beyond the Valley of the Dolls

Coming to you from the home of Mardi Gras... Mobile Alabama
http://mardigras.new...m/history.shtml

http://gulfcoastrunn...ace=mcm&yr=2008
November 29 2008... my first marathon... 26.2 miles of hell

#317 Shimrra

Shimrra

Hello Ladies !!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2011 - 10:09 PM

Louie has been on the Opie & Anthony show a number of times and on one occasion he did go into details about why the show was pulled. From what he said that HBO did love the show but the new CEO if Time Warner did not like Louie CK or his brand of humor so it got axed.

A beautiful 35-year-old ain’t as as good lookin’ as an ugly 19-year-old. Women expect us to like them but they don’t even like each other” Patrice O’neal

Shimrra74.png2rfy52g.jpg

#318 Lord_Kefka

Lord_Kefka

Son of a Submariner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2011 - 10:11 PM

Sorry if this is a repost, didn't see it in the last few pages:

Pulled from Netflix Facebook page:
"New Content Alert! Starting in April, Medium, Twin Peaks, Cheers, Frasier, Family Ties and The Andy Griffith Show will be available instantly from Netflix. We'll also have Star Trek, Hawaii Five-O and The Twilight Zone."

Edit: Didn't like the URL in the original quoted text.....
http://blog.netflix....s-shows-to.html

Lord Kefka... you're insatiable.

My Tradelist

#319 Javery

Javery

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2011 - 10:14 PM

Pulled from Netflix Facebook page:
"New Content Alert! Starting in April, Medium, Twin Peaks, Cheers, Frasier, Family Ties and The Andy Griffith Show will be available instantly from Netflix. We'll also have Star Trek, Hawaii Five-O and The Twilight Zone."

Please be DS9. Please be DS9. Please be DS9. Please be DS9. Please be DS9. Please be DS9. Please be DS9. Please be DS9. Please be DS9. Please be DS9. Please be DS9. Please be DS9. Please be DS9. Please be DS9. Please be DS9. Please be DS9. Please be DS9. Please be DS9. Please be DS9. Please be DS9. Please be DS9. Please be DS9. Please be DS9. Please be DS9. Please be DS9. Please be DS9. Please be DS9. Please be DS9. Please be DS9. Please be DS9. Please be DS9. Please be DS9. Please be DS9. Please be DS9. Please be DS9. Please be DS9. Please be DS9. Please be DS9. Please be DS9. Please be DS9. Please be DS9. Please be DS9. Please be DS9. Please be DS9. Please be DS9. Please be DS9. Please be DS9. Please be DS9. Please be DS9. Please be DS9.

#320 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2011 - 11:03 PM

I'd love for it to be all the Trek shows, but i have a feeling they mean TOS. Happy to see Twin Peaks, Cheers, and Frasier up there though.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#321 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2011 - 11:13 PM

I'd love for it to be all the Trek shows, but i have a feeling they mean TOS. Happy to see Twin Peaks, Cheers, and Frasier up there though.

TOS used to be on streaming. I am hoping for all the trek shows as well as I've had the urge to watch Next Gen lately and I really don't feel like shelling out all the money for the complete series box set.

#322 Javery

Javery

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2011 - 11:35 PM

I also have a feeling it will be TOS. Boo!!!

#323 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2011 - 11:53 PM

Why have TOS come back to Netflix? Would not be surprised if it was Enterprise in HD considering it's been nearly 10 years since the show first aired.... I wouldn't mind voyager, even though I hated the series.

#324 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 22 February 2011 - 11:56 PM

They take stuff off and bring it back later all the time.

Reason being the studio gives limited periods of streaming and sometimes renews them later after a period of time.

I'm sure Netflix would prefer to have everything up permanently, but ultimately that's up to the studios who hold the copyright.

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection

#325 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2011 - 11:57 PM

TNG and/or DS9 would be my picks. TNG airs on BBCA right now too.

edit-Speaking of stuff that has been up forever, does Netflix completely own the rights to Sliders or something? as much as I like the show, it's been on there forever.

#326 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 22 February 2011 - 11:59 PM

I'd guess somethings the studios just give pretty much permanent rights to because they aren't selling dvds anymore anyway.

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection

#327 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2011 - 12:00 AM

It's one reason I haven't actually bought any of the DVDs. Shh...don't tell the studios that.

#328 Javery

Javery

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2011 - 12:17 AM

Before you know it things will be like they are on Star Trek anyway... you walk into a room and say "Computer. Star Trek: Deep Space 9. Season 3. Episode 13. Play." and the shit just starts playing on the nearest video device.

#329 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2011 - 02:20 AM

Before you know it things will be like they are on Star Trek anyway... you walk into a room and say "Computer. Star Trek: Deep Space 9. Season 3. Episode 13. Play." and the shit just starts playing on the nearest video device.

Someone loves their Kinect way too much huh? ;)

I am truly wondering how much storage space Netflix uses to house these movies? I am also wondering why recent movies (like PoP) aren't in HD streaming...perhaps they are getting low on space? :|

#330 Javery

Javery

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2011 - 02:25 AM

Is that how Kinect works? I've never even tried it! Maybe I need to though... I also wonder how their servers can handle potentially thousands of people accessing the same movie at the same time.