Netflix Streaming Thread 2.0

• Please log in to reply
2446 replies to this topic

#961 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2011 - 10:18 PM

Yep I am one of those people. I am waiting for my fiance to finish Eureka so I can turn it off (in favor of Blockbuster). I have until Sept 1 for price increase. That's plenty of time.

#962 keithp

keithp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2011 - 11:44 PM

Why would you cancel now? They're giving you until the end of August before the price increase.

#963 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 17 July 2011 - 12:00 AM

Agreed. I'm keeping my plan as is until the end of August, and then I'll downgrade it to disc only.

But I guess some are just pissed and want to cancel right away to send Netflix a message or whatever.

3DS Friend Code: 2595-0524-8826

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection

#964 johnnypark

johnnypark

Farewell My Viking!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2011 - 10:37 PM

Anyone having problems streaming on consoles? I can't get it working on the PS3 or Wii, have been messing with it for over an hour now and I'm about to explode. I've followed every single suggestion I can find online and nothing works. Deleted and re-downloaded the programs on each respective console. Deactivated through the website. The Wii at least gave me a new activation code, but now it won't connect when it tries. The PS3 doesn't get that far and gives the same unhelpful error message every time.

WTF!
Selling both CoD: Black Ops Declassified and Resistance: Burning Skies for $40 shipped. Check my trade list or PM me!

:3ds: 2363-5670-6657
My Trade List

Feedback on Ebay

Twitter

#965 Samuelc79

Samuelc79

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2011 - 10:54 PM

It's just down for me too. I asked other forums, there are many others experiencing the same issue with can't log via the PS3.

#966 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2011 - 10:57 PM

mine is down too.

#967 Maklershed

Maklershed

Feed me a stray cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2011 - 10:58 PM

I imagine we'll read the news tomorrow that they were hacked for raising their rates.

Posted Image

#968 Samuelc79

Samuelc79

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2011 - 11:07 PM

I imagine we'll read the news tomorrow that they were hacked for raising their rates.

Well I was upset with the price hike as well. It's stupid to raise 60% increase!

#969 johnnypark

johnnypark

Farewell My Viking!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2011 - 11:16 PM

Wii finally started working. In the amount of time I fucked with it the movie I was trying to watch would have been over by now. So lame.
Selling both CoD: Black Ops Declassified and Resistance: Burning Skies for $40 shipped. Check my trade list or PM me!

:3ds: 2363-5670-6657
My Trade List

Feedback on Ebay

Twitter

#970 monash65

monash65

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2011 - 12:18 AM

Just started using Netflix this month, was working fine until today. Now all I get is "We're unable to connect you to Netflix" on both the PS3 and the Wii. Netflix instant is playing fine on the PC. I get the sense this is a fairly common problem from reading around, but how often does it usually last? is there something I'm supposed to do, like a reinstall of the Netflix application on PS3 or something? thanks.

#971 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 18 July 2011 - 12:24 AM

Problems in the past have tended to be a day or less, and sometimes they credit your account for a day of service if there's a prolonged outage.

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection

#972 monash65

monash65

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2011 - 12:39 AM

guess I'm not gonna get any credit since I'm on a free trial right now. :)

thanks, dmaul.

#973 GhostShark

GhostShark

The Drunken Whaler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2011 - 12:48 AM

Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes cartoon is up now just in case people were wondering. It's really a great show. I love the voice acting.
Posted Image

Stinging Death To All Enemies

#974 camoor

camoor

Jams on foot fires

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2011 - 12:52 AM

lol up the bill, piss everyone off with corporate doublespeak and then the service goes out. Banner week for netflix streaming!

#975 DT778

DT778

number 1 on the westside

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2011 - 01:14 AM

Just started using Netflix this month, was working fine until today. Now all I get is "We're unable to connect you to Netflix" on both the PS3 and the Wii. Netflix instant is playing fine on the PC. I get the sense this is a fairly common problem from reading around, but how often does it usually last? is there something I'm supposed to do, like a reinstall of the Netflix application on PS3 or something? thanks.

When I get the "unable to connect" on the ps3 I quit then load up netflix again and it works.

#976 my2k2zx2

my2k2zx2

Molly, Rockin the Doggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2011 - 01:37 AM

Anyone having problems streaming on consoles? I can't get it working on the PS3 or Wii, have been messing with it for over an hour now and I'm about to explode. I've followed every single suggestion I can find online and nothing works. Deleted and re-downloaded the programs on each respective console. Deactivated through the website. The Wii at least gave me a new activation code, but now it won't connect when it tries. The PS3 doesn't get that far and gives the same unhelpful error message every time.

WTF!

I had issues with Netflix on the PS3. I deleted it from the XMB and then re-downloaded it and it has worked perfect since. Not sure what happened.
If its free, its for me!!

#977 Steggy

Steggy

Shhhhhhhhh

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2011 - 02:16 AM

Agreed. I'm keeping my plan as is until the end of August, and then I'll downgrade it to disc only.

But I guess some are just pissed and want to cancel right away to send Netflix a message or whatever.

I know that is my thinking.... I admit the price increase doesn't piss me off because I can't afford it... it pisses me off because their is no real reason to the rise in prices.

Initially they tacked on the couple bucks and changed plans claiming that bluray prices were higher and warranted a change. That was ok, I was fine with it. But now that the bluray market has matured, their are way more deals out their than at blurays inception. People can go out and buy from retailers at a huge discount, so you cannot tell me Netflix does not take advantage of getting major discounts on blurays from their distributors. I do not feel this hike is warranted since bluray prices have done nothing but decline... if anything we should have to pay less. In other words, this is just a big Fuck you to any loyal members.

Side note, I enjoy how blockbuster discounts their plans if you say you areswitching from netflix. 15 bucks a month for 2 out at a time, and I can get games? Oh hell yes! Even if they are older games, I will gladly stop drinking the netflix koolaid and jump to Blockbuster.

#978 Soodmeg

Soodmeg

Posted 18 July 2011 - 02:27 AM

I know that is my thinking.... I admit the price increase doesn't piss me off because I can't afford it... it pisses me off because their is no real reason to the rise in prices.

Initially they tacked on the couple bucks and changed plans claiming that bluray prices were higher and warranted a change. That was ok, I was fine with it. But now that the bluray market has matured, their are way more deals out their than at blurays inception. People can go out and buy from retailers at a huge discount, so you cannot tell me Netflix does not take advantage of getting major discounts on blurays from their distributors. I do not feel this hike is warranted since bluray prices have done nothing but decline... if anything we should have to pay less. In other words, this is just a big Fuck you to any loyal members.

Side note, I enjoy how blockbuster discounts their plans if you say you areswitching from netflix. 15 bucks a month for 2 out at a time, and I can get games? Oh hell yes! Even if they are older games, I will gladly stop drinking the netflix koolaid and jump to Blockbuster.

:roll: :rofl::rofl:

#979 Lice

Lice

Hero Squad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2011 - 02:41 AM

it pisses me off because their is no real reason to the rise in prices.

http://blog.moviefon...ture-contracts/

#980 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 July 2011 - 05:26 AM

So, Power Rangers is on Netflix, which is new to me. Could be old news to everyone else though.
One thing that pissed me off is they're using the gay'd up versions of the episodes they recently did when they started showing the old series Saturday mornings recently. It's hard to describe, but for instance, Tommy did a flip and the screen said, "Flip!" and they're doing a lot of other stupid editing to the episodes to "punch it up."

Stupid.
You hurt the right person and you're wrong for life.

#981 super_dawn

super_dawn

Posted 18 July 2011 - 08:16 AM

You know if it's any good on 3DS, I read Netflix was going to start offering 3D content for ti

I watched Toy Story 3 the first day Netflix came out on my 3ds. Decent quality. Better quality on my IPod but then it's on a smaller screen. But I'm pretty excited if they do release some 3d content tho.

The menu is nice and easy to use.

Edited by super_dawn, 18 July 2011 - 08:29 AM.

#982 Maklershed

Maklershed

Feed me a stray cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2011 - 02:04 PM

Terminator and a bunch of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers stuff went up.

Posted Image

#983 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2011 - 02:32 PM

Friday Night Lights people. Awesome awesome show.

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#984 dothog

dothog

n ur race snakin mai kart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2011 - 03:14 PM

I'm not so concerned about the price increase as I am the fact that Netflix's on-demand days are definitely numbered. We knew it all along, how long have we been repeating in this thread that the streaming service was too good to be true?

More than a return to "normal" pricing (which, again, we knew was a steal all along), what I'd like from Netflix is some information on their deals with the various studios -- what do they have access to, how long will they have access to it?

I don't see why the studios wouldn't cut Netflix off entirely, especially given that so many of them are part of these ungodly conglomerates (e.g. Universal/NBC/Comcast, Viacom/CBS/Paramount). Maybe it's in their short-term interests to license some low-end titles to Netflix, but I would think that would dry up as they want to draw people to whatever service they decide to create. Comcast has their own limited on-demand bullshit -- the service is shit, but what's to prevent them from making that the *only* source for NBC/Universal content?

In spite of the price increase, I still have the feeling that the other shoe's about to drop with Netflix, like the whole thing is going to be swallowed up by some other larger corporation and turned into a ass-rapey, studio friendly delivery service like Hulu.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#985 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 22 July 2011 - 03:19 PM

I agree. I just hope whatever bad may happen with their streaming service doesn't cause them to go under and end their disc rental service as that's mainly what I use anyway.

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection

#986 dothog

dothog

n ur race snakin mai kart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2011 - 04:04 PM

It seems like disc rentals are safe, at least for as long as they hold up as the preferred medium for the majority. The studios don't have a problem with the way rentals go, that's firmly established from the practices of a bygone era. The studios seem like they just want to sit on that model and hope it goes nowhere: I can imagine those initial meetings between Netflix and the studios sounding something like "I don't understand this Instant Queue, will it play in a VCR?"

When the studios do decide to get really aggressive, and move beyond simply goosing Netflix on licensing fees, it's gonna get ugly fast for Netflix. I'm basing that on no business experience, just a gut feeling that everything that is or was good about the internet will continue to fizzle away.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#987 gbpackers94

gbpackers94

Julius, Ph.D.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2011 - 06:26 PM

Friday Night Lights people. Awesome awesome show.

Just started that last night. I couldn't stop watching episodes and stayed up until 5. I'm already on episode 7.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#988 Maklershed

Maklershed

Feed me a stray cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2011 - 07:04 PM

What if you don't care for football?

Posted Image

#989 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2011 - 07:23 PM

What if you don't care for football?

I'd wager that you'd still like it as long as you like good drama and excellent writing.

#990 Soodmeg

Soodmeg

Posted 23 July 2011 - 04:44 PM

Man, I watched about 2 episodes of Friday Night Lights, that shit is lame. If I want high school football drama I will watch Varsity Blues.