Netflix Streaming Thread 2.0

• Please log in to reply
2446 replies to this topic

#91 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2010 - 05:21 PM

This sounds great. I wonder if the new season of FNL will be added when it airs on DirecTV this fall or NBC in the spring.

edit: Oh, I see. In the spoilered news, it says "next year's final season".

#92 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2010 - 05:26 PM

Wow, that's pretty insane. Too bad SNL sucks ass these days... at least I can watch the good ones.

I highly recommend In Plain Sight. Not many people know about it, but it's a very good show.

#93 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 24 September 2010 - 05:28 PM

Yeah, will be good for checking out the musical guests if nothing else!

3DS Friend Code: 2595-0524-8826

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection

#94 Sporadic

Sporadic

done with this site

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2010 - 05:47 PM

Netflix and NBC renegotiate - how does ALL 35 SEASONS of SNL sound? Not good enough? How about some BATTLESTAR GALACTICA, EUREKA, MONK and PSYCH sound? Read the OP for more info!!

Honestly, I don't care about SNL but I would like to see more NBC shows on the service.

#95 RAMSTORIA

RAMSTORIA

fate is inexorable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2010 - 06:05 PM

BSG, sweet. but it makes it sound like not every episode will be available. that could be annoying...

Posted Image

#96 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2010 - 06:14 PM

It'd be nice if they tossed a Tonight Show/Late Night with Conan archive up on there, but I'm sure they'll be keeping anything with Conan locked up for quite awhile.

#97 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2010 - 06:18 PM

Holy crap, every season of SNL? I can make beleive that it's the 70s-early 90s and SNL is good again!
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#98 Hibiwa

Hibiwa

Blue Exorcist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2010 - 07:31 PM

Psyched for Psych. Just started watching this a few months ago, and it's been slow going via disc when there's newer stuff competing for a slot. Now I can catch up anytime. Woohoo!

#99 speedracer

speedracer

Posted 24 September 2010 - 10:07 PM

Thanks to the OP for keeping the thread updated. My wife was complaining about having to go though them on the ps3 instead of just seeing a list on the computer.
Posted Image

#100 crunchb3rry

crunchb3rry

Posted 24 September 2010 - 11:35 PM

I've been burning through Friday Night Lights (Wow, what a truly excellent show!) because they expire on October 1st. But I see S4 says "coming soon". Anybody know when it's set to become available? And does the NBC deal mean S5 will be streaming recently aired episodes or will we have to wait until a DVD set comes out?

#101 Sporadic

Sporadic

done with this site

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2010 - 11:40 PM

I've been burning through Friday Night Lights (Wow, what a truly excellent show!) because they expire on October 1st. But I see S4 says "coming soon". Anybody know when it's set to become available? And does the NBC deal mean S5 will be streaming recently aired episodes or will we have to wait until a DVD set comes out?

This is all the press release said

* All prior seasons – and eventually next year's final season – of "Friday Night Lights," the small-town drama surrounding high-school football in Dillon, Tex.

#102 Jedi1979

Jedi1979

Mobster Kitties!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2010 - 11:51 PM

BSG better be in HD, I dont understand why most of the newer movies they have arent in HD
Posted Image

#103 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

My foot itches..must be athlete's foot

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 September 2010 - 11:53 PM

BSG better be in HD, I dont understand why most of the newer movies they have arent in HD

Probably because these studios want more $$$ for the HD versions and Netflix can't afford it without passing the cost down to us...... I mean come on for 9 bucks we get all that stuff anyways.....but I can see how Netflix can jack the price up for this.

#104 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2010 - 05:37 PM

Yeah, will be good for checking out the musical guests if nothing else!

Do we know for sure the music will be included? What's on the service at the moment is specifically called, for example, "2005/2006 - The Skits." I was assuming anything that's not on there yet would be the same thing applied to different years, but I'm just guessing.
Posted Image

#105 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 27 September 2010 - 05:49 PM

Holy crap, every season of SNL? I can make beleive that it's the 70s-early 90s and SNL is good again!

Or maybe we'll find out it wasn't a great as we thought. ;) I don't really know. I am a tad scared to watch them again, though....

Crunchewy.png

#106 tcrash247

tcrash247

ghosts.nin.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2010 - 06:42 PM

I watched Hoarders Season 1 on Netflix this weekend and I'm hooked. It's simply fascinating to see the way these people live. What we see as trash and junk they see as valuable items that they can't live without and they might "need" in the future such as a 7-11 Slurpee cup and year old yogurt.

#107 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2010 - 06:49 PM

Or maybe we'll find out it wasn't a great as we thought. ;) I don't really know. I am a tad scared to watch them again, though....

http://www.hulu.com/...ord-association

If you don't laugh at that you aren't human.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#108 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2010 - 06:53 PM

Btw, everybody owes it to themselves to watch the Grabage Pail Kids movie. It will set your standards so low that every other movie will be Emmy Award winning in comparison.

-edit- Alright Oscar worthy, whatever. Either way, watch the movie.

Edited by Clak, 27 September 2010 - 07:16 PM.

#109 tcrash247

tcrash247

ghosts.nin.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2010 - 07:03 PM

Btw, everybody owes it to themselves to watch the Grabage Pail Kids movie. It will set your standards so low that every other movie will be Emmy Award winning in comparison.

Emmys are tv awards :p

#110 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2010 - 07:14 PM

What, you've never heard of a made for tv movie?:-\"

#111 gregthomas77

gregthomas77

Custom User Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2010 - 07:17 PM

Emmys are tv awards :p

precisely. that shows just how bad the movie is. it causes delusions.

#112 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 27 September 2010 - 07:33 PM

http://www.hulu.com/...ord-association

If you don't laugh at that you aren't human.

Oh, I remember lots of funny skits, some pretty epic, but how many bad ones are we conveniently forgetting? :) Hopefully my fears are unfounded, though. I do plan to find out in spite of what I said. :)

Crunchewy.png

#113 guinaevere

guinaevere

plays well with others

• Super Moderators

Posted 27 September 2010 - 07:41 PM

I was sick for a few weeks and didn't even have the energy to play a handheld game. So Cyric set me up with netflix, so I could watch something (I don't have cable and hardly have any dvds/BRs).

Looks like I managed to catch Miami Vice just in time, as it's not on their streaming content any longer. At least I managed to relive that great moment when they blew up the "ferrari daytona." (it was actually a corvette with a kit... Ferrari sued them over that, which is why they had to dump that as the car, and Ferrari generously supplied the Testerosa which replaced it. What's classic about all that is that the real Ferrari was so expensive for the show to maintain, they wound up putting an american engine in it eventually. So it became another pseudo Ferrari. :lol:)

It's nice, I can watch the 80s/90s Sherlock Holmes series by Granada with Jeremy Brett. Wish they had more british mysteries. Oh, and Alfred Hitchcock Presents Season 1 is on streaming, that's good too. Gonna watch To Live and Die in LA in a moment, now that I see that's available.

It's funny comparing my queue and what I've watched and the addition Cyric made to the queue... me: sherlock holmes, hitchcock, top gear (british car show), Up, Ponyo. Him: Fast Times at Ridgemont High (he tells me it's a classic, and a brilliantly funny film)

Oh my goodness. :rofl:

I'm open to streaming recommendations. I don't know many modern (1995- now) movies or tv shows.
gwensigol8.png

#114 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2010 - 07:45 PM

The Garbage Pail Kids movie was like a live action Muppet Babies with snot and writing that wasn't as clever. Not even sure I liked it as a little kid, and I was obsessed with the cards.

That said, the concept of a "State Home For The Ugly" is a solid idea.
Posted Image

#115 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2010 - 07:51 PM

I love the Brett Holmes series, they come on PBS sometimes too. Last time I checked they had the entire X-Files series on streaming.

#116 pimpinc333

pimpinc333

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2010 - 11:01 PM

Is it me or do the "Starz" Movies looks a little bad and pale in color compared to everything else?

#117 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 28 September 2010 - 02:10 AM

Yeah, the Starz movies are definitely some of the worse quality stuff on there.

3DS Friend Code: 2595-0524-8826

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection

#118 Matt Young

Matt Young

Follow the buzzards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2010 - 10:14 AM

Wow, that's pretty insane. Too bad SNL sucks ass these days... at least I can watch the good ones.

I highly recommend In Plain Sight. Not many people know about it, but it's a very good show.

This past weekend's premier had tons of funny stuff, including Jay Pharoah's Will Smith impersonation, and there was a lot of Katy Perry's big ass tittays bouncing around.

155toba.gif2i6pefo.gif675n9f.gifhsl3pl.gif

#119 blitz6speed

blitz6speed

Broken 360 D-Pad...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2010 - 11:46 AM

I was sick for a few weeks and didn't even have the energy to play a handheld game. So Cyric set me up with netflix, so I could watch something (I don't have cable and hardly have any dvds/BRs).

Looks like I managed to catch Miami Vice just in time, as it's not on their streaming content any longer. At least I managed to relive that great moment when they blew up the "ferrari daytona." (it was actually a corvette with a kit... Ferrari sued them over that, which is why they had to dump that as the car, and Ferrari generously supplied the Testerosa which replaced it. What's classic about all that is that the real Ferrari was so expensive for the show to maintain, they wound up putting an american engine in it eventually. So it became another pseudo Ferrari. :lol:)

It's nice, I can watch the 80s/90s Sherlock Holmes series by Granada with Jeremy Brett. Wish they had more british mysteries. Oh, and Alfred Hitchcock Presents Season 1 is on streaming, that's good too. Gonna watch To Live and Die in LA in a moment, now that I see that's available.

It's funny comparing my queue and what I've watched and the addition Cyric made to the queue... me: sherlock holmes, hitchcock, top gear (british car show), Up, Ponyo. Him: Fast Times at Ridgemont High (he tells me it's a classic, and a brilliantly funny film)

Oh my goodness. :rofl:

I'm open to streaming recommendations. I don't know many modern (1995- now) movies or tv shows.

Heroes Season 1. Queue it up now. Watch the time fly. Best season of tv ever.

#120 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

My foot itches..must be athlete's foot

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2010 - 12:04 PM

Heroes Season 1. Queue it up now. Watch the time fly. Best season of tv ever.

I blame Netflix for getting my gf hooked on Heroes. She caught up on all 3 seasons when she was home for weeks recovering from her surgery.