Netflix Streaming Thread 2.0

• Please log in to reply
2446 replies to this topic

#1591 GhostShark

GhostShark

The Drunken Whaler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2012 - 09:12 PM

I really really really enjoyed Being Human (U.S) it's a great show, if you're into vampires, and supernatural type being like werewolves and ghosts lol.

and i'm sure its been posted a dozen times, but FeedFliks is where its at.

The US version of Being Human pretty much covers all the downsides the BBC version. That, Alphas and Merlin are probably the only shows keeping Syfy relevant.

Speaking of Merlin, I just recently started it on Netflix (about 10 episodes in) and it's really a great show if you're into Arthurian Romance and Fantasy.
Posted Image

Stinging Death To All Enemies

#1592 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:25 PM

I miss the discussion in this thread. :(

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#1593 Duffz

Duffz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:16 AM

I just started watching prison break (mid season 2 now), its a very good show!

#1594 Gannikus

Gannikus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:57 AM

So once Starz stops showing their movies on netflix, what new movies will they have still?
Buying 2.5 Sata HDD and Amazon Gift Cards!
Posted Image

#1595 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:20 PM

I just started watching prison break (mid season 2 now), its a very good show!

Great show but it dies fast. I'm sorry but you have seen the best the series has to offer already.

#1596 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 21 February 2012 - 02:05 PM

I don't think it dies all that fast, it was entertaining until the end of the series imo.

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.

#1597 schuerm26

schuerm26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 02:21 PM

Great show but it dies fast. I'm sorry but you have seen the best the series has to offer already.

I agree. I didn't even make it halfway through season 2. Season 1 was great I thought.

#1598 thrustbucket

thrustbucket

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2012 - 05:29 AM

Highly recommend Elite Squad, if you want to see what the director of the Robocop reboot can do.
I also recommend Wake Wood for awesome classical style horror.

#1599 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2012 - 05:49 AM

Can someone recommend a good wireless bluray player that steams netflix? The parents need one... the cheaper the better.

thx

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#1600 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2012 - 06:40 AM

Can someone recommend a good wireless bluray player that steams netflix? The parents need one... the cheaper the better.

thx

why not try a roku box dealy. its no bluray player but it does wireless and can connect to alot of tvs and be moved around with ease.

#1601 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2012 - 07:04 AM

Finished Workaholics a couple of weeks ago and it's now one of my favorite shows. Any word on when/if the 2nd season will be added?

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#1602 crunchb3rry

crunchb3rry

Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:10 AM

thx

Refurbished/used Playstation 3. Get one of those and the remote for it. The remote didn't really sell that well, so you can find them a hell of a lot cheaper than the original MSRP.

Does Netflix. And also does Vudu if you wanted to get newer movies a la carte, quicker than Netflix.

#1603 Maklershed

Maklershed

Feed me a stray cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2012 - 03:11 PM

thx

I was just researching this for myself at Christmas and I went with the Panasonic BDT210. At the time it was only $109 (w/ free copy of Avatar) on Amazon so it wasn't a tough decision. It boots up blu-rays and dvds crazy fast, has viera cast which is updated constantly. And it has all the streaming services you could want - Amazon, Netflix, Vudu, Crackle, etc and you can always dl more through the viera cast menu. Plus it has web apps like Facebook and Youtube. And I really enjoy having a Netflix button on the remote. Pops you right into your queue even if you're in the middle of watching a bluray. Oh and the player has built in wi-fi which is nice. I recommend it.

Posted Image

#1604 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2012 - 04:10 PM

Refurbished/used Playstation 3. Get one of those and the remote for it. The remote didn't really sell that well, so you can find them a hell of a lot cheaper than the original MSRP.

Does Netflix. And also does Vudu if you wanted to get newer movies a la carte, quicker than Netflix.

they don't want a ps3, just a sleek little blu ray player. i know i know.

I was just researching this for myself at Christmas and I went with the Panasonic BDT210. At the time it was only $109 (w/ free copy of Avatar) on Amazon so it wasn't a tough decision. It boots up blu-rays and dvds crazy fast, has viera cast which is updated constantly. And it has all the streaming services you could want - Amazon, Netflix, Vudu, Crackle, etc and you can always dl more through the viera cast menu. Plus it has web apps like Facebook and Youtube. And I really enjoy having a Netflix button on the remote. Pops you right into your queue even if you're in the middle of watching a bluray. Oh and the player has built in wi-fi which is nice. I recommend it.

thanks. I'll look into that one.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#1605 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2012 - 04:21 PM

Just finished Season 1 of Sherlock last night (3 episodes; 90 minutes each). It was really enjoyable - especially the season finale. I can't wait for them to add Season 2.

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#1606 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2012 - 04:44 PM

Just finished Season 1 of Sherlock last night (3 episodes; 90 minutes each). It was really enjoyable - especially the season finale. I can't wait for them to add Season 2.

Watched the first two so far, I think the shows very good but find the last 25 mins or so of each when he encounters what he's looking for, drags pretty bad.

Also, the Asian actress in episode 2 is really terrific. She is in British stuff mainly, was great in Secret Diary of a Call Girl.

#1607 Maklershed

Maklershed

Feed me a stray cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2012 - 05:13 PM

Ohh forgot my recommendation: Downton Abbey season 1. I know what you're probably all thinking "BBC period piece drama - sounds boring!" which is kinda what I was thinking before I started it but I assure you its good. Very interesting how it details the struggles and in fighting of the two seperate class systems. Also interesting how each class system story has its own seperate heroes and villians. Plus it has a bit of a comedic tilt to it at times to break up the drama with the two grandmothers bickering back and forth and competing with each other all the time. One of which is Maggie Smith aka Professor McGonagall in Harry Potter and she's great.

Posted Image

#1608 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2012 - 05:34 PM

Maggie Smith steals the mf'ing show.

Ees7Y.jpg

#1609 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:02 PM

I need to watch this. My wife finished Season 1 and 2 in about a week and was annoyed I told her it looked horrible but people keep raving about it so I should probably give it a shot. It is most definitely not something I would ever be into but who knows - I thought I would hate Big Love and I ended up really liking it.

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#1610 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 23 February 2012 - 03:01 PM

I'm so sick of period dramas, they are getting way overplayed.

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.

#1611 camoor

camoor

Jams on foot fires

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2012 - 03:08 PM

they don't want a ps3, just a sleek little blu ray player. i know i know.

Haha I know your pain man

#1612 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2012 - 04:37 PM

Watched the first episode of Eleventh Hour (ft. Patrick Stewart), not bad. Not bad at all.

#1613 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2012 - 04:47 PM

I'm so sick of period dramas, they are getting way overplayed.

I know, right? It's the same shit every month.

#1614 dothog

dothog

n ur race snakin mai kart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2012 - 05:16 PM

Gosford Park was all the British upstairs/downstairs drama I needed. I suppose they're an indulgence for limeys the same way that mafia bullshit is for yanks.

Does anyone know what Neflix's agreement is with content providers on updating available seasons? javery mentioned Sherlock, let's use that as an example. Will the S2 episodes be available, or was the agreement Netflix struck exclusively for the S1 content?

Also, for some reason I can only access seasons 1-4 of DS9. Why is that?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#1615 mr_burnzz

mr_burnzz

Posted 23 February 2012 - 06:15 PM

I love prison break! Season 1 is the best but I liked them all. Since I loved some of the characters, I liked to see how they progressed. The ending was pretty bad ass!

#1616 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:26 PM

Quite a few movies disappearing from the instant queue next week, right? I have at least 8 that will be gone on 2/29.

#1617 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:30 PM

thx

Apple tv all the way! Very vey easy to use and under $100!

#1618 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:38 PM

Apple tv all the way! Very vey easy to use and under $100!

Do you grind up bluray discs to fit in that?

#1619 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:54 PM

Quite a few movies disappearing from the instant queue next week, right? I have at least 8 that will be gone on 2/29.

I have 11. :(

Fortunately, they're all ones that I only had mild interest in so it won't be too much of a loss. I still may try and watch as many as I can before the 29th.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#1620 AshesofWake

AshesofWake

chum is fum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2012 - 11:29 PM

watching Being Elmo. It's fucking awesome. Though it says narrated bt Oprah Winfrey, it's not that bad. She doesn't talk much. But this doc is pretty sweet.