Netflix Streaming Thread 2.0

• Please log in to reply
2446 replies to this topic

#1621 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 06:58 AM

I'm trying to get all of the Starz Play movies that are on my queue watched by the 29th. I watched two tonight.

Frozen and And Soon The Darkness. If you have a couple hours to kill, do something else with them. These were two of the most boring movies I've seen in a long time. And Soon The Darkness is pretty much 1 hour of build-up, 15 minutes of an unsatisfying 'climax' if you will. Frozen is interesting and probably would've been better had there been likeable characters, but alas, I found myself not caring in the slightest and actually wanting them to die. Also (Frozen spoilers),
Spoiler

Anyone watch The Disappearance of Alice Creed? That'll probably be the next one I tackle.

Oh my god, I tried watching Hunt to Kill starring Stone Cold Steve Austin based purely on the fact that it stars him and my god, is it awful. I knew it was a B-movie, but this is just retardedly bad. I normally don't stop movies so early, but I'm just gonna chalk this one up as a loss and abandon it forever.

Edited by Tsel, 25 February 2012 - 07:21 AM.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#1622 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 01:45 PM

"Frozen" is at the top of my queue. I will pass now.

#1623 lv2sicktduck

lv2sicktduck

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:40 PM

Ive had netflix since it first came out. I love the streaming and i hate the streaming at the same time... they move things and take things out of my queue for example and then like a month or two later the movies pop back up on my queue. Then another thing I hate and love is the tv series... they put them on there but dont keep them current. Sons of Anarchy for example they only have like two seasons and im pretty sure there are 4... Dr Who is frustrating too cause they havent bothered to put anoy of the next two seasons on there ( when i say dr who I mean the new ones not interested in the old ones ) Just watched The world of drunken master ... good moviie love the fight scenes!!

#1624 thrustbucket

thrustbucket

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 05:40 PM

The Disappearance of Alice Creed is good. I've been trying to get people to watch it along with a zillion other quality movies.

It's hella frustrating trying to get anyone to watch anything on Netflix that didn't have mass mainstream marketing.

If I weren't so busy I'd love to start a blog of "awesome netflix movies you never heard of."

#1625 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 05:45 PM

Do you grind up bluray discs to fit in that?

hahaha. I already know how to stream shit. But less tech savvy people need standard stuff. Else, I've have a digital library all set for them.

Ive had netflix since it first came out. I love the streaming and i hate the streaming at the same time... they move things and take things out of my queue for example and then like a month or two later the movies pop back up on my queue. Then another thing I hate and love is the tv series... they put them on there but dont keep them current. Sons of Anarchy for example they only have like two seasons and im pretty sure there are 4... Dr Who is frustrating too cause they havent bothered to put anoy of the next two seasons on there ( when i say dr who I mean the new ones not interested in the old ones ) Just watched The world of drunken master ... good moviie love the fight scenes!!

But that's the point. Nobody is gonna watch stuff on regular tv/cable if it's already available on netflix. "Do I wanna watch Spartacus Vengeance now or wait 2 years?" The networks gotta eat too. Every season costs money to stream.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#1626 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 07:41 PM

theyve been pouring on the cheesy 70s and 80s flicks of late like orca man ive been trying to see that for years and alot of pam greir stuff.

#1627 007

Areaologist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:33 PM

Season 2 of 'Archer' was recently added to streaming.

#1628 GhostShark

GhostShark

The Drunken Whaler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:38 PM

Season 3 of Sons of Anarchy is on there. I doubt you will season 4 until a few months after the DVD/Blu Ray is out.
Posted Image

Stinging Death To All Enemies

#1629 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:44 PM

"Frozen" is at the top of my queue. I will pass now.

It did keep my attention, but not really in a good way. I was only in it to see the ending, pretty much, and it really wasn't that satisfying. Interesting premise, but poorly executed.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#1630 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 11:55 PM

Updated the OP. Nothing new/noteworthy has come up this month except Archer and Futurama.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#1631 lv2sicktduck

lv2sicktduck

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 11:50 PM

The Disappearance of Alice Creed is good. I've been trying to get people to watch it along with a zillion other quality movies.

It's hella frustrating trying to get anyone to watch anything on Netflix that didn't have mass mainstream marketing.

If I weren't so busy I'd love to start a blog of "awesome netflix movies you never heard of."

Ive seen the disappearance of Alice Creed I really liked it. I know what you mean when you say its hard to get people to watch things.. I love foreign movies and its really hard to get people to watch the trilogy Sympathy for Mr Vengeance, Oldboy, and Lady Vengeance. I know they are on the darker side but they are really good movies. Another excellent movie is Ichi the Killer... people just don't want to read subtitles or something I'm a self professed subtitle whore. I think people should really open thier eyes to things that arent just American there is a whole world out there why miss out.

#1632 lv2sicktduck

lv2sicktduck

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 11:55 PM

hahaha. I already know how to stream shit. But less tech savvy people need standard stuff. Else, I've have a digital library all set for them.

But that's the point. Nobody is gonna watch stuff on regular tv/cable if it's already available on netflix. "Do I wanna watch Spartacus Vengeance now or wait 2 years?" The networks gotta eat too. Every season costs money to stream.

I know that cable has to make money but i still think they shouldn't bother putting it on if they cant keep it current. For example when the series Heroes was huge the day after a new episode aired on TV Netflix would air the new episode as well. Both cable and Netflix used to do their thing and be able to both make money. Now you have to be content with whatever little tease they want to put on.

#1633 lv2sicktduck

lv2sicktduck

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 11:57 PM

Season 3 of Sons of Anarchy is on there. I doubt you will season 4 until a few months after the DVD/Blu Ray is out.

I've already seen season three and four of SOA but I went ahead and hunted it down myself... im lazy I want it to just be there on Netflix haha.

#1634 Gden

Gden

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2012 - 02:23 AM

Been hearing about Smallville coming to this. Anyone heard about a date?
I'm not changing my signature until Busou Renkin, and Trizenon get licensed.
FC: Pokemon Pearl - 1160-6253-4611
Posted Image

#1635 camoor

camoor

Jams on foot fires

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2012 - 02:46 AM

I wish Netflix would get more of those screensaver DVDs

I love the virtual fireplace but how about some virtual aquarium, lava lamp, and stripper silhouette vids.

#1636 camoor

camoor

Jams on foot fires

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2012 - 02:46 AM

Rewatching Chapelle show.

10 years later it's still hilarious.

#1637 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2012 - 02:54 AM

Rewatching Chapelle show.

10 years later it's still hilarious.

And still better than 99% of what's out there today.

Byaahhh!

#1638 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2012 - 03:14 AM

if any of you want to watch something with tons of nudity watch Not Quite Hollywood nudity overload in this documentary.

#1639 thrustbucket

thrustbucket

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2012 - 03:17 PM

Ive seen the disappearance of Alice Creed I really liked it. I know what you mean when you say its hard to get people to watch things.. I love foreign movies and its really hard to get people to watch the trilogy Sympathy for Mr Vengeance, Oldboy, and Lady Vengeance. I know they are on the darker side but they are really good movies. Another excellent movie is Ichi the Killer... people just don't want to read subtitles or something I'm a self professed subtitle whore. I think people should really open thier eyes to things that arent just American there is a whole world out there why miss out.

Amen brother.

What really makes blood shoot out of my eyes is hearing people say things like "There are just no good movies anymore, it's all remakes and sequels!" or "There is nothing good on netflix streaming!."

Bullshit.

Have you seen Oldboy? Castaway on the Moon? Wake Wood? I saw the Devil? Elite Force? IP Man? Red Cliff? Silmido? Chaser? The Ward?

"No, I never saw any of those advertised on my slurpee cup and I don't like to read"

Then STFU and go back to Angry Birds.

#1640 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 27 February 2012 - 03:42 PM

watching Being Elmo. It's ing awesome. Though it says narrated bt Oprah Winfrey, it's not that bad. She doesn't talk much. But this doc is pretty sweet.

My wife and I randomly watched that two nights ago, was really really good.

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.

#1641 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2012 - 05:35 PM

Starz is pulling all content at the end of the day tomorrow. I listed a sampling of titles that will be pulled You can see all of the Starz titles on Netflix.com (I'm not typing up a list, there's 22 pages of titles). Netflix will be pretty terrible in March.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#1642 Gden

Gden

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2012 - 06:00 PM

I guess I had better watch Gurren Lagann since I think it's a starz title
I'm not changing my signature until Busou Renkin, and Trizenon get licensed.
FC: Pokemon Pearl - 1160-6253-4611
Posted Image

#1643 berzirk

berzirk

I'm not so serious

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2012 - 06:02 PM

I alternate between pretty happy, and pretty frustrated with the Netflix streaming content. It seems like nothing note worthy has been added for months, and now they're losing more content. I was trying to find a movie for the kids the other night, and it was really tough, since they've seen about 5-10 of the decent kid's movies over the last 6 months.

REALLY hoping they step up their game, because they have a huge streaming customer base. Customer's might be annoyed enough to cancel. I'm starting to swing back to that side now.

#1644 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2012 - 06:10 PM

Yikes. This is disconcerting to say the least. I was hoping by now Netflix would be adding more and more streaming content every day but this is clearly not the case. It is such an amazing service but it needs content.

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#1645 007

Areaologist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2012 - 06:38 PM

My only (perhaps naive) hope is that Netflix has been holding back content in anticipation of the Starz loss. The updating has been sparse in the past 2-3 months, so maybe they're just holding a lot of it to release as a huge glut of content to counter-balance the loss?

I hope. God, I hope.

#1646 HydroX

HydroX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2012 - 07:20 PM

I doubt that, 007. I'm sure they are scrambling to either A.) renegotiate the Starz deal or B.) try and find another supplier.

I'm hoping they actually find a different company to deal with, maybe then we will see a massive influx of new content like we did last year at one point.

If they don't, I could see this as a major downfall for the company that really put instant streaming (into people's homes) on the map.

#1647 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 27 February 2012 - 07:34 PM

I'm also one of the people really hoping that they have something up their sleeve that they will roll out tomorrow or march 1st.

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.

#1648 HydroX

HydroX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2012 - 07:46 PM

I know HBO has their own thing going with HBO GO and all that, but it would be pretty sweet to see Netflix cut a deal with Home Box Office to run their shows' past seasons on streaming. #wishlist

#1649 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2012 - 07:55 PM

I know HBO has their own thing going with HBO GO and all that, but it would be pretty sweet to see Netflix cut a deal with Home Box Office to run their shows' past seasons on streaming. #wishlist

You answered your own question. HBO Go is in place, Netflix will never get their shows.

#1650 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2012 - 08:02 PM

HBO GO pisses me off, you can't run it through HDMI out on a device.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift