Contact Friend Code - 1675-8841-8262
Tetris DS - 152435-004214
XBL - Nasum2

#1922 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2012 - 05:22 AM

I watched through the first season of Breaking Bad over the last couple days. Really good stuff. As far as cable dramas go, Sons of Anarchy has it beat, but this show is no slouch.

#1923 dothog

dothog

n ur race snakin mai kart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2012 - 02:08 PM

As far as cable dramas go, Sons of Anarchy has it beat

That's contentious at best.

Whereas the amazing thing on BB is that somehow, you care about the protagonist, I don't see that Sons makes nearly as strong a case for the viewer to give a damn about the characters. It's Sopranos with flatter, less compelling characters and violence that doesn't necessarily have anything to do with the drama.

It's just violent because hey, it's biker gangs and this shit is cool, right? If people want to dig on it, that's fine, but holding it over BB is a bit much. Not that BB isn't flawed, but seriously: their being contemporaries doesn't make them competitors.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#1924 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2012 - 02:15 PM

"Grrrr your opinion is wrong and mine is right!"

#1925 dothog

dothog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2012 - 02:17 PM

Sure is. You're just stating that Sons is better as though it's accepted fact, I'm presenting an opinion with support.

How's tricks in French Lick? Seen Steve Alford lately?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#1926 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2012 - 04:34 PM

I'm sorry. I wasn't aware that you were under the impression that everything I post is fact. I'll take that into consideration next time.

#1927 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 06 July 2012 - 04:35 PM

you're being a bit touchy there dothog, they are just tv shows.
There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Gentleman's League Record:
Season 1: 7-9 Missed Playoffs
Season 2: 18-1 Superbowl Champs

#1928 HumanSnatcher

HumanSnatcher

Disappear here...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2012 - 04:46 PM

you're being a bit touchy douchy there dothog, they are just tv shows.

FTFY...or at least what I would have said

When I was in High School a friend got a 100% on a D.A.R.E. test and they gave him a D.A.R.E. duffel bag. Two years later, a drug dealer that was a friend of ours at the time asked to borrow something to transport 2kg of cocaine in and he handed over his D.A.R.E. bag. He brought it back to him with an oz of weed in it as a thank you.

#1929 dothog

dothog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2012 - 05:10 PM

Who's the touchy one(s) here? French Lick's the one masquerading goofy opinion as critical consensus, and then going a step further by not even supporting it. I'm a dick because I call it into question and give reasons why?

If you disagree, talk about the show. Don't just get pissy and point fingers.

Back to Sons, they got Ron Perlman and Peg Bundy. I watched parts of the first and second seasons because of those two. Peg especially, I owe her that much viewership. It's great that she's got work. So I like Sons in that respect, it provides Peg Bundy a paycheck. Otherwise, there's nothing to it, especially if you're stacking it against Breaking Bad.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#1930 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2012 - 05:32 PM

Breaking Bad is probably the second best television drama of all time after The Wire. These things are all opinions, but there's a huge chunk of people who feel that way.

#1931 GhostShark

GhostShark

The Drunken Whaler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2012 - 05:33 PM

I don't even know why they are being compared. They're both good shows, with their own pros and cons. I, myself, prefer Sons over Breaking Bad. That's just personal preference, though.
Posted Image

Stinging Death To All Enemies

#1932 berzirk

berzirk

I'm not so serious

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2012 - 11:12 PM

Breaking Bad is incredible. I'm not much for keeping up with weekly shows and all that, but I started it on a whim thanks to Netflix. Now my wife and I were stuck because Netflix only had through Season 3. July 15 can't come soon enough. We'll likely watch them all before July 19 when Season 5 starts on AMC. Very few shows I care enough to watch the entire series for. Arrested Development, Breaking Bad, Twin Peaks, and uh...hmm...Veep, Life is Short? Those were like 6 episode seasons. Not sure they even count.

#1933 simdog

simdog

Posted 06 July 2012 - 11:33 PM

Breaking Bad is incredible. I'm not much for keeping up with weekly shows and all that, but I started it on a whim thanks to Netflix. Now my wife and I were stuck because Netflix only had through Season 3. July 15 can't come soon enough. We'll likely watch them all before July 19 when Season 5 starts on AMC. Very few shows I care enough to watch the entire series for. Arrested Development, Breaking Bad, Twin Peaks, and uh...hmm...Veep, Life is Short? Those were like 6 episode seasons. Not sure they even count.

Breaking Bad Season 5 premieres the same day as Season 4 is put on netflix, It premieres July 15th. So, 13 hour marathon before the premiere is the only way :P

#1934 berzirk

berzirk

I'm not so serious

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2012 - 07:48 AM

Breaking Bad Season 5 premieres the same day as Season 4 is put on netflix, It premieres July 15th. So, 13 hour marathon before the premiere is the only way :P

Ahh, heh, that would be more than I can handle. I guess I'll be catching up On Demand ;)

Thanks for the info

#1935 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

Sandwich Artist with the Mouth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2012 - 02:28 PM

I finally finished Dylan Dog, great movie honestly and very underrated.

Vulcan7905.png
Real Life Ice Hockey Stats: Goals - 20 Assists - 22 Penalty Minutes - 8

Granted I only played the demo of Chime, but how the heck do you get shit on by Chime?

#1936 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2012 - 08:05 PM

Breaking Bad is probably the second best television drama of all time after The Wire. These things are all opinions, but there's a huge chunk of people who feel that way.

never seen breaking bad but the wire was too damn real for me. i dont even get that creeped out or disturbed by horror but something about that show made it hard for me to watch. cable definelty puts network to shame with the quality of its dramas.

#1937 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2012 - 08:34 PM

SoA Season 1 is better than BB Season 1 but then BB hits its stride in Seasons 2 and 3 which are absolutely incredible. I still love SoA though. Top 5 show on the air right now for me and I probably enjoy watching it a little more even though I know Breaking Bad is the better show.

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#1938 Maklershed

Maklershed

Feed me a stray cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2012 - 10:59 PM

I'm not saying they're recommendation worthy but the new Conan movie and Immortals were just added.

Posted Image

#1939 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

Sandwich Artist with the Mouth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2012 - 12:51 AM

Ohh, didn't know Conan was added. I did add Immortals though.

Vulcan7905.png
Real Life Ice Hockey Stats: Goals - 20 Assists - 22 Penalty Minutes - 8

Granted I only played the demo of Chime, but how the heck do you get shit on by Chime?

#1940 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2012 - 08:18 PM

Hey Scorch, the links for Hostel: Part III and I Spit on Your Grave aren't working.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#1941 Maklershed

Maklershed

Feed me a stray cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2012 - 12:35 AM

Watched Senna today. It was a pretty great documentary and I don't even care about F1.

Posted Image

#1942 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2012 - 01:51 AM

Watched Conan O'Brien Can't Stop. Fascinating.

#1943 Kerplunkuga

Kerplunkuga

Posted 09 July 2012 - 03:01 AM

I'm not saying they're recommendation worthy but the new Conan movie and Immortals were just added.

I enjoyed both - neither are going down as greats but the special effect are good and they are pretty mindless to enjoy when you wanna shut your brain off. If you liked 300, you'll probably enjoy immortals although i think 300 is much better.

Posted Image

#1944 HumanSnatcher

HumanSnatcher

Disappear here...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2012 - 03:26 AM

Watched Senna today. It was a pretty great documentary and I don't even care about F1.

Watched Conan O'Brien Can't Stop. Fascinating.

Its been on there a while, but check out Being Elmo. Its about the guy that created and voices him. Its really freakin good. Kinda awesome seeing someone actually living their childhood dream

When I was in High School a friend got a 100% on a D.A.R.E. test and they gave him a D.A.R.E. duffel bag. Two years later, a drug dealer that was a friend of ours at the time asked to borrow something to transport 2kg of cocaine in and he handed over his D.A.R.E. bag. He brought it back to him with an oz of weed in it as a thank you.

#1945 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

How shiny are your balls?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2012 - 06:22 AM

The Avengers is coming to Netflix on 8/1.
Spoiler

http://www.netflix.c...vengers/5670374

Has to be a troll addition.

#1946 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2012 - 10:06 AM

The Avengers is coming to Netflix on 8/1.

Spoiler

http://www.netflix.c...vengers/5670374

Has to be a troll addition.

It's the 1998 "The Avengers". Lame.

g92sOMa.png4lNop7I.pngEwYfNFu.pngauyL8J9.pngszbgEtP.pngSoNL9s6.png

#1947 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 10 July 2012 - 02:44 PM

I wish the 15th would hurry up and get here already.
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.

#1948 berzirk

berzirk

I'm not so serious

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:17 PM

Its been on there a while, but check out Being Elmo. Its about the guy that created and voices him. Its really freakin good. Kinda awesome seeing someone actually living their childhood dream

MOST DEFINITELY! Being Elmo is probably one of my top 3 documentaries of all time. Brilliant, brilliant movie. Incredibly inspirational, but then also humbling. Watched it twice, and would watch it again.

#1949 Gden

Gden

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2012 - 01:34 AM

The addition of that avengers cartoon isn't just lame, it's horrifying. That cartoon was an enormous piece of shit. No, that's not even strong enough. It's quite possibly one of the worst fucking cartoons, EVER!
I'm not changing my signature until Busou Renkin, and Trizenon get licensed.
FC: Pokemon Pearl - 1160-6253-4611
Posted Image

#1950 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2012 - 01:50 AM

Edit: It occurred to me I don't know what Avengers cartoon is being talked about.