Netflix Streaming Thread 2.0

• Please log in to reply
2392 replies to this topic

#1981 berzirk

berzirk

I'm not so serious

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2012 - 05:01 PM

Great thread, one request-has anybody suggested going back to a text list of the updates? It screws with my browser, but maybe I'm unique in that. Hard to read the titles without hunting on each cover, and I have to horizontal scroll.

Nitpicky for sure, but I wonder if others preferred the text list over cover art too.

Thanks for the thread though, very helpful!

#1982 Backlash

Backlash

www.thecoverproject.net

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2012 - 05:05 PM

Yeah I dislike the horinzontal scrolling quite a bit. I appreciate the extra effort by the OP, but I like the text list better.

#1983 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2012 - 01:44 PM

August updates up. Thought there'd be more.. oh well.

Regarding the cover art.. I did that as it's more eye catching and less work for you guys. Also, maybe it's just me, but actually seeing the cover art gets me more interested in the film. I will do an alternate text-only list.

Done. Is that okay?

Horizontal scrolling? What do you mean? Can you take a screenshot? Mine just shows up in rows of six, does it not do that for everyone else?

Edited by Scorch, 02 August 2012 - 02:01 PM.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#1984 Backlash

Backlash

www.thecoverproject.net

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2012 - 02:30 PM

The best of both worlds - thanks!

The images are all next to each other on one line in IE 9. Maybe different in other browsers.

#1985 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2012 - 02:43 PM

The best of both worlds - thanks!

The images are all next to each other on one line in IE 9. Maybe different in other browsers.

Weird. That's how the code is presented, but it should autowrap. Let me mess around with it and you can tell me how it looks.

This is how it shows up on my screen.

I edited August's images, take a look and see if that changed anything.

Posted Image

#1986 Backlash

Backlash

www.thecoverproject.net

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2012 - 03:10 PM

August wraps at 6 images now. The July ones actually wraps as well I just noticed, but it wraps at 18.

#1987 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2012 - 03:30 PM

August wraps at 6 images now. The July ones actually wraps as well I just noticed, but it wraps at 18.

Okay, I see the problem. IE is processing the code literally as it is instead of autowrapping. Glad you and berzirk brought it to my attention, I'll fix June and July right now. Thanks guys.

It's updated. Let me know if it's presented any better now.

Posted Image

#1988 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2012 - 04:06 PM

I might check out "Hell on Wheels". I believe that the new season starts soon.

#1989 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2012 - 05:34 PM

Hell on Wheels is a fantastic show. AMC really knows how to make great television. I was debating whether or not to keep watching it about 3 or 4 episodes in, but I'm glad I stuck with it.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#1990 berzirk

berzirk

I'm not so serious

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2012 - 05:36 PM

Okay, I see the problem. IE is processing the code literally as it is instead of autowrapping. Glad you and berzirk brought it to my attention, I'll fix June and July right now. Thanks guys.

It's updated. Let me know if it's presented any better now.

Thanks man! That's great. Really appreciate having this thread on CAG, and all your work with it!

#1991 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2012 - 06:11 PM

I'm not sure if I'd recommend "Wilfred". I watched the first season, and as it wore on, was almost tempted to stop watching it.

I don't think I enjoyed it enough to watch the new season. I think I'm starting to get tv show ADD as I get older.

#1992 merchie89

merchie89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2012 - 06:14 PM

added a bunch of 30 for 30s
(Actual register date 3/3/2009, not sure why I switched accounts)

#1993 Cantatus

Cantatus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2012 - 11:33 PM

I'm not sure if I'd recommend "Wilfred". I watched the first season, and as it wore on, was almost tempted to stop watching it.

I don't think I enjoyed it enough to watch the new season. I think I'm starting to get tv show ADD as I get older.

I'm not even sure I finished watching the first season. I liked the first few episodes, but after a while, it just felt like they were using the same jokes over and over. The whole man-as-dog gag got a little stale for me.

#1994 Poor2More

Poor2More

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2012 - 12:47 AM

Thank you! Whoever recommended "Hell on Wheels" just finished first episode, and already hooked!
Posted Image

#1995 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2012 - 07:50 AM

ESPN's 30 For 30 series of documentaries was just stealth added today, only a tweet by the @netflix account to announce it. Just got done watching Bartman episode (which is also 1/3 about Bill Buckner.)

#1996 cdeener

cdeener

Love Those Price Drops!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2012 - 06:34 PM

ESPN's 30 For 30 series of documentaries was just stealth added today, only a tweet by the @netflix account to announce it. Just got done watching Bartman episode (which is also 1/3 about Bill Buckner.)

Sweet I will have to finally watch the ones that I haven't seen yet. I have been meaning to buy them to see them so this will work.

#1997 biscuit

biscuit

Old as Dirt

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2012 - 01:36 AM

Just wanted to say thanks for putting this together and keeping it up to date. I like it more than any other netflix update I have seen anywhere else.

#1998 m3talst0rm

m3talst0rm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2012 - 01:46 AM

Lol...I didn't know Death at a Funeral is on...gonna watch that again. Hilarious.
Follow me on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/m3talst0rm

Posted Image

#1999 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2012 - 01:48 AM

I will update the post when I have a bit more time, but WWE: Road Warriors, and Warrior (Tom Hardy) were added.

Posted Image

#2000 Maklershed

Maklershed

Feed me a stray cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2012 - 12:27 PM

Just thought I'd give a heads up that the complete series of Everybody Loves Raymond will be added 9/1.

Posted Image

#2001 Joseph0714

Joseph0714

Posted 11 August 2012 - 01:12 PM

Does anyone know if FRIENDS (Season 1 to 10) will ever be added to Netflix? The majority of my friends have recomended it to me but it's kida pricey on DVD :P

#2002 GhostShark

GhostShark

The Drunken Whaler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2012 - 03:53 PM

Wow, thanks for everyone who recommended Hell on Wheels. I've watched the first four episodes, and it's fantastic.
Posted Image

Stinging Death To All Enemies

#2003 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2012 - 04:17 PM

Only one movie worth mentioning added today (which totally messes up the August formatting until more are added, but whatever)

Posted Image

#2004 thrustbucket

thrustbucket

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 August 2012 - 04:20 PM

Saw they added the Hunter. A fine show, but what movie with Willem Dafoe isn't?

#2005 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2012 - 03:15 PM

Everybody needs to watch Bad Ass, great movie. Call the amberlamps!:lol:
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#2006 Poor2More

Poor2More

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2012 - 03:31 PM

Wow, thanks for everyone who recommended Hell on Wheels. I've watched the first four episodes, and it's fantastic.

Yes its freaking fantastic, also remember Season 2 of "Hell on Wheels" premiers tonight at 9pm, following that is all new episode "Breaking Bad" on AMC, now thats a nice lineup!
Posted Image

#2007 TheCro

TheCro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 August 2012 - 04:02 PM

Just watched the original Red Dawn. Loved it.

#2008 Maklershed

Maklershed

Feed me a stray cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2012 - 11:29 PM

I got a recommendation for one of the more fascinating documentaries I've seen recently called Resurrect Dead: The Mystery of Toynbee Tiles

http://movies.netfli...8?trkid=2361637

It's about these tiles found on roads for the past 30 years in northeast US and South America that has a message based on theories presented by Arnold Toynbee and 2001: A Space Odyssey that dead humans can be resurrected scientifically on Jupiter. Just as fascinating as the messages themselves is the search for the person creating and laying these tiles.

Posted Image

#2009 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 20 August 2012 - 12:10 AM

I watched that the other day, it was somewhat interesting but once you find out
Spoiler
, it's kind of a let down.
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.

#2010 jsmc

jsmc

You're killin' me Smalls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2012 - 12:54 AM

I was able to watch a few more of ESPN's "30 for 30" series. Very enjoyable! I know not everybody is a huge sports fan but it's still possible to enjoy them without having a huge interest in sports.