Netflix Streaming Thread 2.0

• Please log in to reply
2406 replies to this topic

#2011 HumanSnatcher

HumanSnatcher

Disappear here...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2012 - 03:43 AM

I got a recommendation for one of the more fascinating documentaries I've seen recently called Resurrect Dead: The Mystery of Toynbee Tiles

http://movies.netfli...8?trkid=2361637

It's about these tiles found on roads for the past 30 years in northeast US and South America that has a message based on theories presented by Arnold Toynbee and 2001: A Space Odyssey that dead humans can be resurrected scientifically on Jupiter. Just as fascinating as the messages themselves is the search for the person creating and laying these tiles.

Saw that the night it got put on there. It was interesting, but kinda like when your a kid and find out Santa isn't real, its like wtf

When I was in High School a friend got a 100% on a D.A.R.E. test and they gave him a D.A.R.E. duffel bag. Two years later, a drug dealer that was a friend of ours at the time asked to borrow something to transport 2kg of cocaine in and he handed over his D.A.R.E. bag. He brought it back to him with an oz of weed in it as a thank you.

#2012 berzirk

berzirk

I'm not so serious

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2012 - 04:11 PM

I was able to watch a few more of ESPN's "30 for 30" series. Very enjoyable! I know not everybody is a huge sports fan but it's still possible to enjoy them without having a huge interest in sports.

Once brothers was great. Vlade Divac, one of the NBA's most charismatci people of the last 20 years, and Drazen Petrovic, perhaps the greatest European basketball player of all time, all against the backdrop of a crumbling Yugoslavia. Maybe a bit too staged to emotional-sake, but overall, very well done. That Yugo team was insane. Beat Team USA, Russia, started 4 pros. Whew.

#2013 DT778

DT778

number 1 on the westside

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:34 PM

Super 8 is up. Been wanting to see that. Also Bill Burr's new comedy special "You people are all the same" is up. Haven't seen it yet but that dude is hella laughs.

#2014 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:26 PM

I have to recommend Looking for Lenny, great documentary about Lenny Bruce and his legacy.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#2015 Kazaganthi

Kazaganthi

Blue Rogue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:40 PM

Anyone watch God Bless America yet? Pretty dark comedy. What I found funny was when he channel surfing. Everything he flipped to was "real" or a real parody of what is actually on TV, with those almost exact things happening. Really makes you sick.

Obviously there is a scene in the movie some may find offensive, but it was written and filmed way before "that incident". The movie never got much publicity, so I'm glad no one tore into like a uninformed bitch. They find it more fun to rip on Kevin Smith, heh. No one remembers who Bobcat is!

#2016 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2012 - 11:44 PM

Super 8 is fantastic. Blew my mind at how good it was.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#2017 HumanSnatcher

HumanSnatcher

Disappear here...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2012 - 11:52 PM

Anyone watch God Bless America yet? Pretty dark comedy. What I found funny was when he channel surfing. Everything he flipped to was "real" or a real parody of what is actually on TV, with those almost exact things happening. Really makes you sick.

Obviously there is a scene in the movie some may find offensive, but it was written and filmed way before "that incident". The movie never got much publicity, so I'm glad no one tore into like a uninformed bitch. They find it more fun to rip on Kevin Smith, heh. No one remembers who Bobcat is!

Yeah, saw that the night it got put on there. Had been waiting for it. I love that movie and is so true that it hurts too. I really need to pick it up soon as possible

When I was in High School a friend got a 100% on a D.A.R.E. test and they gave him a D.A.R.E. duffel bag. Two years later, a drug dealer that was a friend of ours at the time asked to borrow something to transport 2kg of cocaine in and he handed over his D.A.R.E. bag. He brought it back to him with an oz of weed in it as a thank you.

#2018 moon_knight

moon_knight

Gotta Have Blue Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2012 - 01:02 AM

Super 8 is fantastic. Blew my mind at how good it was.

0_o

#2019 berzirk

berzirk

I'm not so serious

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2012 - 04:20 PM

0_o

Agreed. (If I'm interpreting the face right). I thought it was filled with cliche, not all that interesting, and about an hour longer than it needed to be. Super 8 wasn't for me. It was like they wanted to destroy ET by smashing it together with War of the Worlds and about 10 other similar alien invasion movies.

#2020 bobo2k4

bobo2k4

OooSplendiforous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2012 - 04:40 PM

Super 8 is one of those love it or hate it movies. I personally loved it. The alien stuff was a bit cliche but the kids acting and the setting were amazing.
Posted Image
Props to Ozzkev for the sig.

#2021 camoor

camoor

Jams on foot fires

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2012 - 04:59 PM

Super 8 was fucking awful. Prepare to be disappointed.

#2022 camoor

camoor

Jams on foot fires

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2012 - 05:00 PM

I watched that the other day, it was somewhat interesting but once you find out

Spoiler
, it's kind of a let down.

Thanks you just saved me one and a half hours. I would have been pissed.

#2023 camoor

camoor

Jams on foot fires

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2012 - 05:07 PM

The movie had all the grace and subtlety of a Uwe Boll film.

#2024 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2012 - 05:40 PM

I love when people act like your opinion is crazy. 82% on RottenTomatoes and 72 on Metacritic, clearly I'm not the only one who liked Super 8.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#2025 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 21 August 2012 - 06:38 PM

I liked Super 8. Nothing, great IMO, but an entertaining flick.

But it's the internet and its full of people with strong opinions who like to express them in assholish ways.

#2026 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 21 August 2012 - 06:41 PM

Super 8 was fucking awful. Prepare to be disappointed.

Agreed. Boring plot, stupid looking alien, annoying children.

Thanks you just saved me one and a half hours. I would have been pissed.

Yeah. It turns out to be more about the guy who makes the documentary and his journey to find out the truth behind the tiles. Basically the explanation you get is:
Spoiler

2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.

#2027 GhostShark

GhostShark

The Drunken Whaler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2012 - 09:13 PM

I thought Super 8 was rather enjoyable. The score ranges between Metacritic and Rotten Tomatoes seem to be adequate to how good of a film it is. I can see why people hate it, though.
Posted Image

Stinging Death To All Enemies

#2028 moon_knight

moon_knight

Gotta Have Blue Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2012 - 10:27 PM

I liked Super 8. Nothing, great IMO, but an entertaining flick.

But it's the internet and its full of people with strong opinions who like to express them in assholish ways.

I'm an asshole? :(

I thought super 8 was an enjoyable movie that got more praise than it should've because of nostalgia.

#2029 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 21 August 2012 - 10:41 PM

No, my post was directed at camoors "Super 8 was fucking awful. Prepare to be disappointed." And other like comments I see here in the movies thread and on other forums.

Saying what you just said: "I thought super 8 was an enjoyable movie that got more praise than it should've because of nostalgia." or things of that nature is a mature way to express that you didn't like a movie.

People on the net have a bad habit of being overly strong/rude in expressing opinions, stating their opinion as fact, insulting/jumping all over people who like things they don't or vice versa etc. I've not seen you to be one of those folks.

Personally, I couldn't care less what movies/games/music etc. someone else likes or doesn't like. So I usually just express my like/dislike respectfully (and briefly) and move on. Any mature discussion which attempts to break down specific things one liked or didn't like about a movie tend to get drowned out by the fanboy types attacking any criticism, and hater types just shouting about how much the movie sucked and how people who enjoy it have shitty taste in movies etc.

Edited by dmaul1114, 21 August 2012 - 11:11 PM.

#2030 gravel

gravel

Posted 22 August 2012 - 02:09 AM

I liked Super 8 quite a bit too. Nostalgia definitely played a role in the enjoyment, but that doesn't make the movie less enjoyable for me. On the streaming side, I just started Sherlock tonight, and it's outstanding. I've been putting it off since each episode is an hour and a half, but it's well worth it. Hopefully the series keeps it up.

Currently Playing
:ps3:
South Park, Lego Marvel Super Heroes
:360:
:wii: Lego City Undercover, NES Remix
:ds: Pokemon Y
:psp: Tearaway, No Heroes Allowed

#2031 thrustbucket

thrustbucket

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 02:55 AM

Going to plug I saw the Devil one more time because it is the movie that got the director, Jee-woon Kim, his job directing The Last Stand with Arnold, coming next year.

He also directed a Tale of Two Sisters, which is on several top ten scariest movie lists.

#2032 moon_knight

moon_knight

Gotta Have Blue Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 10:54 PM

If you guys like cheesy movies. Check out Riki-oh: The story of ricky

#2033 ratzombie

ratzombie

aka yunkie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 01:09 AM

I also found Super 8 rather enjoyable, it felt reminiscent to movies like The Goonies. It's sometimes refreshing to watch a movie that isn't super depressing.

#2034 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 02:20 AM

This Alphas show is pretty cool.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#2035 GhostShark

GhostShark

The Drunken Whaler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 01:50 PM

This Alphas show is pretty cool.

Season 2 is off to a really good start, and it's on Hulu.
Posted Image

Stinging Death To All Enemies

#2036 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 August 2012 - 03:04 PM

Yeah I was wondering where to watch season 2 since it isn't on netflix yet, thanks.

#2037 Maklershed

Maklershed

Feed me a stray cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 11:25 AM

Highlights of whats coming 9/1:

Everybody Loves Raymond complete series
Dog Day Afternoon
Passenger 57
Black Dog
Analyze This
Titan AE
The Omen
Highlander
Insomnia
The Descent 2
Everything is Illuminated
Network
Abduction

Posted Image

#2038 Cage017

Cage017

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 12:33 PM

Has there been any news on Walking Dead Season 2 coming to Netflix?
Posted Image

#2039 Erad30

Erad30

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 01:07 PM

I love Titan A.E., very underrated film.

Blog is on hiatus but check out both Screensnark & Gamesided for my latest writings!

Gamertag/PSN: Eradicator31

Wii U: Eradicator30

#2040 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2012 - 07:39 PM

Has there been any news on Walking Dead Season 2 coming to Netflix?

It'll most likely come a week or so before the new season starts, so sometime in October most likely.

Also, I'm psyched that The Descent 2 is coming to Netflix. It was on there a long time ago, but I never got a chance to watch it and then they took it off. Big fan of the first movie. Wasn't Titan AE on there a while back as well?

453605.png
TheTsel.png