Photo
* * * * - 3 votes

Netflix Streaming Thread 2.0

• Please log in to reply
2446 replies to this topic

#211 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 30 November 2010 - 11:24 PM

I don't think any of the Netflix streaming options have subtitles--unless I missed an update.

With the exception of foreign films that have them built in of course. But I've not seen a way to turn on subtitles like you can on a DVD or Blu Ray.

3DS Friend Code: 2595-0524-8826

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection

#212 Soodmeg

Soodmeg

Posted 30 November 2010 - 11:54 PM

I wish there were subtitles, I have a lot of deaf family members that would enjoy streaming netflix. Ah well.

#213 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2010 - 12:21 AM

Worth a read to anyone that uses Netflix Instant Streaming and has Comcast:

http://arstechnica.c...with-a-nuke.ars

#214 thrustbucket

thrustbucket

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2010 - 01:19 AM

I think the ps3 is the only device supporting optional subtitles, but very few movies have them.

#215 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2010 - 02:00 AM

I heard about that on NPR earlier. I'm on AT&T, but it still pisses me off. Imagine Comcast trying to explain to it's customers why they can't use Netflix streaming. I'm sure it would be something about how Level 3 is strong arming them or something, but it's all BS. If Comcast customers want to stream from Netflix, it's Comcast's place as their ISP to allow them to do so. Watch them try to pull some sort of streaming media fee in the future.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#216 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2010 - 09:27 AM

I don't think any of the Netflix streaming options have subtitles--unless I missed an update.

With the exception of foreign films that have them built in of course. But I've not seen a way to turn on subtitles like you can on a DVD or Blu Ray.

PS3 offers subtitles for a decent amount of stuff for having just launched a few weeks ago. They even have the option for alternate audio tracks, though I don't think anything offers that just yet.

#217 2DMention

2DMention

Posted 01 December 2010 - 03:07 PM

I also don't play enough online to make XBL worth it. I only play Pinball FX 2 and Rock Band. I don't play FPS games, so it's not worth it for me to pay $40-60/ year.

I can just stream netflix on my Wii (With some subtitles) and PS3.
Posted Image

#218 vader29

vader29

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2010 - 02:21 PM

Seasons 13 thru 20 of Saturday Night Live were added to instant streaming.

#219 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2010 - 06:51 PM

ABC partnership announced.. all seasons/episodes of Scrubs, Lost and Ugly Betty as well as prior season episodes of Grey's Anatomy, Desperate Housewives, and more. Check OP for full list. No word on when that content will hit Netflix.

Yes, Lost was on there for a while, but it was pulled. I'm glad it's coming back.. I can finally start watching it!

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#220 hiccupleftovers

hiccupleftovers

Worst Poster on CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2010 - 03:24 AM

ABC partnership announced.. all seasons/episodes of Scrubs, Lost and Ugly Betty as well as prior season episodes of Grey's Anatomy, Desperate Housewives, and more. Check OP for full list. No word on when that content will hit Netflix.

Yes, Lost was on there for a while, but it was pulled. I'm glad it's coming back.. I can finally start watching it!

That's awesome news! I'm going to be able to marathon Lost now. anything else from the ABC deal announced/mentioned?

Las Vegas Limousine - The coolest limos in town!

Los Angeles Limousine

#221 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2010 - 04:41 AM

I posted in the post that you quoted that the full details were in the OP.

Posted Image

#222 StarKnightX

StarKnightX

will hook you up

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2010 - 04:53 AM

I'd like to hope more of Disney Channels classic animated shows (or even shows from Jetix/Disney XD) would show up since they mentioned Phineas and Ferb , but I'm probably hoping for too much.

#223 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2010 - 04:57 AM

And yet people go apeshit that Netflix raised prices $1 a month. This was the point I tried to make about the service constantly expanding and improving. The amount of content being offered through instant stream is becoming ridiculous. Netflix just beginning to tap into Disney content at all has huge potential.

#224 thrustbucket

thrustbucket

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2010 - 12:56 PM

It would be nice if they threw up the original Tron before Legacy.

#225 007

Areaologist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2010 - 05:00 PM

It would be nice if they threw up the original Tron before Legacy.

The discussion in the DVD thread seems to indicate that Disney is purposefully trying to limit viewing of Tron before the new one comes out. It's not available anywhere and, apparently, stores have been told to return all copies they have. Also, even though it was available on Netflix (disc only) forever, you can't request it anymore. That's especially weird because I literally just returned the one I had to them the day after Thanksgiving.

It all sounds a little conspiracy theory, but there's seriously no way to watch Tron unless you A) already own it, B) rent it from a store, or C) pay the outrageous prices that the DVD and, weirdly, UMD are going for.

It's bizarre. They're working on a Blu-Ray, but the consensus seems to be that both will be released around the same time. It's also rumored that they're 'updating' the original for that release, which is another reason that the DVD is going for a lot... it may the last time (or for a while anyway) that the untouched Tron is released.

#226 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2010 - 08:43 PM

Updated. Switched the "expiring soon" section to a date format instead of a title format.

Posted Image

#227 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2011 - 04:40 PM

Bump. Lots of new stuff added today. Glad I made this list.. they haven't updated the "new arrivals" section in a while

Also, I'm not sure when they added it, but they added "Exit through the gift shop", which I've heard is amazing (Matt Goldberg from Collider.com named it his Top movie of 2010).. it just recently came out on DVD (Dec 14) and won't arrive on Blu to March.

Posted Image

#228 Indignate

Indignate

Hell Yeah, I’m the Motherfucking Princess!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2011 - 05:23 PM

Thanks for the bump Scorch and for keeping the thread updated. Added some stuff from the list today and looking forward to the 4th so I can check out Greek.

#229 Sporadic

Sporadic

done with this site

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2011 - 06:46 PM

We lost alot of great movies last night.

Off of my list...Chaplin, Breakdown, Barry Lyndon (which I spent New Years Eve watching), My Left Foot, New Jack City, Caddyshack, Klute, Moral Thoughts and A Streetcar Named Desire, all gone. :cry:

Edited by Sporadic, 01 January 2011 - 08:27 PM.

#230 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2011 - 08:10 PM

Caddyshack!?!

*cue Vader NOOOOOOO!!!!! pic*

you know, I've actually started streaming thing which I already own on DVD, I'm too lazy to go fish it off the shelf....:oops:
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#231 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2011 - 08:43 PM

The Netflix apps need an Expiring Soon category so you know what will be expiring soon and can prioritize watching them first. Watched one of the expiring movies last night and as soon as I finished it, I lost the ability to delete it from my queue, which is when I figured out that it must've expired while I watched it.

Lost about 30 movies/shows and it seems like I at least got a few back on the queue, so it's not all bad. Blazing Saddles should be back for anybody that wants to watch a classic Mel Brooks comedy.

I was disappointed at the lack of Xmas movies over the past few weeks when they were able to add a ton of horror movies for Halloween.

#232 schuerm26

schuerm26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2011 - 04:57 PM

I don't know if this is the place to put this but 10 Items or Less is a pretty damn funny show and is available on instant watch. I recommend it.

#233 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2011 - 01:45 AM

I don't have time to completely update this thread (I'll do that this weekend).. I apologize for slacking off.. but I just wanted to note that ALL seasons of Roseanne, That 70's Show, 3rd Rock From The Sun and Ugly Betty have been added!

Posted Image

#234 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2011 - 02:59 AM

I don't have time to completely update this thread (I'll do that this weekend).. I apologize for slacking off.. but I just wanted to note that ALL seasons of Roseanne, That 70's Show, 3rd Rock From The Sun and Ugly Betty have been added!

Sweet! Thanks man.

#235 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

Missed out on the Great Walmart glitch of 11/6 due to FLAT TIRE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2011 - 05:52 PM

Hey has any else had this weird problem lately with netflix?
Usually things have been good with netflix where if I send in my disc on Monday, they get it tuesday and I get the new disc by Wednesday. Recently I've sent both "The American" and "Catch me if you can" on a Monday and they seem to not get it for several days. The earliest I can report the disc missing is that Friday, in which they send out a new disc on my list..then the next day I get an email saying they got the movie that was reported missing. Is netflix starting to delay processing peoples discs when they return them? I was averaging 2 discs per week, now I am getting 1 disc per week based on this delay.

#236 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2011 - 06:00 PM

Hey has any else had this weird problem lately with netflix?
Usually things have been good with netflix where if I send in my disc on Monday, they get it tuesday and I get the new disc by Wednesday. Recently I've sent both "The American" and "Catch me if you can" on a Monday and they seem to not get it for several days. The earliest I can report the disc missing is that Friday, in which they send out a new disc on my list..then the next day I get an email saying they got the movie that was reported missing. Is netflix starting to delay processing peoples discs when they return them? I was averaging 2 discs per week, now I am getting 1 disc per week based on this delay.

They're probably throttling your account.

#237 irratebass

irratebass

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2011 - 06:00 PM

The Towering Inferno!!!!! Nice! Steve Mcqueen baby
Posted Image

Posted Image

#238 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

Missed out on the Great Walmart glitch of 11/6 due to FLAT TIRE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2011 - 06:20 PM

They're probably throttling your account.

Why the Fuck are they doing that?

#239 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 03 February 2011 - 06:53 PM

They'll slow down shipping movies out to people who watch too many a week/month.

How many movies are you going through a week/month and what's your plan? I have 1 disc at a time and I'll do 1 or 2 movies a week, but often also keep one movie for 2 or 3 weeks if I guess busy, go out of town etc. So I've never hard throttling issues.

If you're not going through movies very fast, it could be some problem with your mailman or something else along the way.

The only issue I have now is a lot of new release blu rays sit on Very Long Wait for 2 or 3 weeks after release and get skipped over for other things in my queue. But I can live with that as I don't mind waiting (if I wanted to see it that bad, I would have caught it at the theater).

3DS Friend Code: 2595-0524-8826

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection

#240 Soodmeg

Soodmeg

Posted 03 February 2011 - 06:55 PM

Didnt they already get sued for that?