Netflix Streaming Thread 2.0

• Please log in to reply
2446 replies to this topic

#2371 breakfuss

breakfuss

Pam Oliver Sex Tape

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 July 2013 - 11:44 PM

I've enjoyed the few episodes of orange is the new black that I've seen. A bit over the top, though, which is odd since it's apparently based on a true story.

I tried desperately to get into the new season of Arrested Development and just couldn't. I've never found it entertaining. The old matriarch and will arnett are mildly funny, but everyone else bores me to death. Sucks because I normally like that sort of comedy. Oh well.

Currently Playing:

:ps4: Transistor

:wiiu: SOON...

Add Me:

Lastfm: breakfuss; 3DS: 1134-7633-5998

#2372 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 22 July 2013 - 02:57 PM

the new season sucked

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.

#2373 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:21 PM

I liked the new season of AD, but didn't think it was nearly as funny as the first 3.

3DS Friend Code: 2595-0524-8826

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection

#2374 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:51 PM

Firefly did get 14 episodes initially, three of them never aired.  When it did air, Fox showed them in incorrect order, which didn't help matters.

Just think if Firefly got a full 14 or so more episodes instead of Serenity, the possibilities.

#2375 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2013 - 03:10 AM

Firefly did get 14 episodes initially, three of them never aired. When it did air, Fox showed them in incorrect order, which didn't help matters.

I never understand why networks do that.

Destro1.gif            DestroVega.jpg

#2376 Kazaganthi

Kazaganthi

Blue Rogue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2013 - 03:31 AM

I never understand why networks do that.

I'm not sure about the overall answer, but I do know why they did that for Firefly. They wanted the "Pilot" episode to be all action-y and epic, so they picked the Train Robbing episode to air first. While the real first episode with backstory and how everyone came together for a later aired episode. Pretty dumb, ya. Joss explained it in the Firefly or Serenity extras/commentaries, can't remember.

Also, I was saying what if Firefly got a full Season 2 with 14-20 episodes, instead of a 2 hour movie. In hindsight, I'd rather they had a full new season to close it out, **** Fox and their canceling of every good show.

#2377 Superstar

Superstar

CAG Superstar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2013 - 02:01 PM

Orange is the New Black is fantastic. The wife and I watched it in 2 days. Good stuff.

#2378 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 27 July 2013 - 09:28 PM

Watching Orange is the New Black now. I don't know if the episode is messed up or what, but Ep 7 kept freezing my ps3. Restarted it a few times and even reinstalled netflix but still kept freezing.

Went into another room with a different ps3/tv and it happened there too (glad it did since means the 1st ps3 isn't bad).

Noticed that when looking at the list of episodes in the season, the preview images all showed up except for the 7th, which was stuck in a loading loop, so hopefully its an isolated issue...

#2379 GhostShark

GhostShark

The Drunken Whaler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 July 2013 - 01:52 AM

Hell on Wheels season 2 is up for those that are interested and enjoyed the first season as I did.

Posted Image

Stinging Death To All Enemies

#2380 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2013 - 04:31 PM

I just saw where they're finally adding the ability to have multiple profiles on one account. Long overdue, but certainly glad to have it.

#2381 GhostShark

GhostShark

The Drunken Whaler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2013 - 04:45 PM

Fringe Season 5 and Breaking Bad Season 5 are both up now.

Posted Image

Stinging Death To All Enemies

#2382 Kazaganthi

Kazaganthi

Blue Rogue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2013 - 09:29 PM

Just noticed Done the Impossible on recently added to Netflix. It's a documentary about Firefly/Serenity and the fans, haven't watched it yet.

#2383 breakfuss

breakfuss

Pam Oliver Sex Tape

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2013 - 12:14 AM

I'm sure many of you may already know this, but Breaking Bad truly is a masterpiece. The writing, acting...everything is so freaking well done. Just the right combo of drama, suspense and sardonic humor. They just added season 5 last weekend (thanks for mentioning, @ghostshark), so I decided to finally start it back up. Already engrossed it in again.

Currently Playing:

:ps4: Transistor

:wiiu: SOON...

Add Me:

Lastfm: breakfuss; 3DS: 1134-7633-5998

#2384 TooMuchCoolness

TooMuchCoolness

Deep Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2013 - 06:24 PM

Can someone tell me when the third season of Walking Dead is up so I can renew my subscription?

NighT_Ryder31.png

#2385 4thHorseman

4thHorseman

The New God

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2013 - 06:52 PM

Can someone tell me when the third season of Walking Dead is up so I can renew my subscription?

Season 2 released at the end of September/beginning of October IIRC last year. Maybe about the same time?

#2386 benjamouth

benjamouth

It's a Bobby Dazzler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2013 - 02:12 AM

Dredd has been added to Netflix, and it is awesome !!

MST3K.gif

the+Woodmeister.pngr3jm5K2gQUCv3J-E0gqcBQ2.gif

#2387 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2013 - 02:21 AM

Question re: Netflix subscriptions.

I have had a netflix account for several years. I currently have the cheapest streaming option and just get charged monthly which comes right out of a checking account.

I have x3 3 month netflix codes from Chrome Cast dongles I bought at Best Buy. 

How would I go about applying those?

Will they work on an already established account? Can I stack them? Would I have to remove my CC Details first?

#2388 ValkyrieVF-1S

ValkyrieVF-1S

Skull One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2013 - 06:54 PM

The Road is now on Netflix. 

The Worst Foe Lies Within - Parasite Eve
gallery_587_6858_5265.jpg gallery_587_6858_1293.jpg

#2389 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2013 - 05:41 PM

Dredd has been added to Netflix, and it is awesome !!

Allow me to second this. This one actually surprised me, granted my expectations were extremely low going into it.

MLIFTgM.gif

#2390 Erad30

Erad30

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 August 2013 - 05:44 PM

I rented Dredd, I'll third it as a completely awesome movie.

Blog is on hiatus but check out both Screensnark & Gamesided for my latest writings!

Gamertag/PSN: Eradicator31

Wii U: Eradicator30

#2391 6er

6er

XBOX, GO HOME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2013 - 04:59 AM

They just Added a bunch of new stuff.

Flight
Redemption
Olympus has Fallen

To name a few. Looks like they are pushing for new stuff faster.
PS3, 360, Wii, DS,3DS, Vita
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#2392 lovepig78

lovepig78

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:11 AM

I just want King of the Hill back

#2393 HydroX

HydroX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:12 PM

They just Added a bunch of new stuff.

Flight
Redemption
Olympus has Fallen

To name a few. Looks like they are pushing for new stuff faster.

Seems like they normally make the push to make it look stacked for the holiday season, then taper off the amount of quality new releases after the new year.

MLIFTgM.gif

#2394 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2014 - 09:37 PM

Well, they're finally raising prices, reportedly by one or two dollars per month.

"If we want to continue to expand, to do more great original content... we have to eventually increase prices a little bit," CEO Reed Hastings said on a conference call.

I don't really give two shits about their original stuff. They still haven't done enough to replace the loads of stuff they lost when the Starz and Viacom deals expired. Their "new releases" are a joke. They fail to get most of the bigger titles on there. I will say that their TV series selection is fairly good, but their movie library is really lacking.

#2395 Kazaganthi

Kazaganthi

Blue Rogue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2014 - 09:42 PM

Well, they're finally raising prices, reportedly by one or two dollars per month.

I don't really give two shits about their original stuff. They still haven't done enough to replace the loads of stuff they lost when the Starz and Viacom deals expired. Their "new releases" are a joke. They fail to get most of the bigger titles on there. I will say that their TV series selection is fairly good, but their movie library is really lacking.

That blows. They keep removing content monthly and only add reality TV shit, wtf. Not our fault they want to do 'original' content. That's not why I signed up for Netflix...or anyone else.

#2396 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2014 - 04:02 PM

The day after Netflix announces a price hike, Amazon Prime Streaming announces that they're getting a ton of HBO shows like The Wire, The Sopranos, Deadwood, Rome, Eastboound & Down, Six Feet Under, and some more. :headache:

#2397 Reds303

Reds303

Posted 23 April 2014 - 04:16 PM

The day after Netflix announces a price hike, Amazon Prime Streaming announces that they're getting a ton of HBO shows like The Wire, The Sopranos, Deadwood, Rome, Eastboound & Down, Six Feet Under, and some more. :headache:

I usually buy a month of Netflix here and there but find that before my month is up I've run out of things to watch, so I never renew. I actually bothered to check out Amazon Prime after this post and it actually looks pretty decent, kind of what I hoped Netflix would be when it first came out. Does anyone know if you have to pay the whole $99 for Amazon up front or can I go month to month?

#2398 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2014 - 04:22 PM

I usually buy a month of Netflix here and there but find that before my month is up I've run out of things to watch, so I never renew. I actually bothered to check out Amazon Prime after this post and it actually looks pretty decent, kind of what I hoped Netflix would be when it first came out. Does anyone know if you have to pay the whole $99 for Amazon up front or can I go month to month?

They used to have a $7.99 a month option, but I think they stopped that last year sometime.

#2399 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2014 - 05:03 PM

Fallout from the money they paid Comcast to not throttle their traffic?  

the_it_crowd_moss.jpgdefault.png

#2400 HydroX

HydroX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2014 - 05:14 PM

They used to have a $7.99 a month option, but I think they stopped that last year sometime.

This is correct. I am grandfathered in for the $7.99 per month.

Also just cancelled Netflix. "Here's looking at you, kid."

MLIFTgM.gif