* * * * - 3 votes

Netflix Streaming Thread 2.0

• Please log in to reply
2392 replies to this topic

#241 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 03 February 2011 - 07:17 PM

Didnt they already get sued for that?

Yes, and they paid a settlement and altered the user agreement to notify that they do it which protects them from future suits.

They don't seem to do it nearly as much though, based on how much lessend complaining about it has gotten on movie forums.

So it's more likely he's having a postal issue. I had problems when I moved the last time with things not showing up or getting returned. Left a note for the mailman after a few had gotten returned to Netflix as undeliverable and haven't had any issues since. Think that may have been a change of address problem.

3DS Friend Code: 2595-0524-8826

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection

#242 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

Missed out on the Great Walmart glitch of 11/6 due to FLAT TIRE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2011 - 09:59 PM

They'll slow down shipping movies out to people who watch too many a week/month.

How many movies are you going through a week/month and what's your plan? I have 1 disc at a time and I'll do 1 or 2 movies a week, but often also keep one movie for 2 or 3 weeks if I guess busy, go out of town etc. So I've never hard throttling issues.

If you're not going through movies very fast, it could be some problem with your mailman or something else along the way.

The only issue I have now is a lot of new release blu rays sit on Very Long Wait for 2 or 3 weeks after release and get skipped over for other things in my queue. But I can live with that as I don't mind waiting (if I wanted to see it that bad, I would have caught it at the theater).

I have the 1 disc plan. I average 2 discs per week (when things flow right). Streaming, I am not heavy streaming..but I am starting to get into BSG...even yesterday the connection crapped out saying my internet connection was too slow..(WTF Verizon!)

Yes, and they paid a settlement and altered the user agreement to notify that they do it which protects them from future suits.

They don't seem to do it nearly as much though, based on how much lessend complaining about it has gotten on movie forums.

So it's more likely he's having a postal issue. I had problems when I moved the last time with things not showing up or getting returned. Left a note for the mailman after a few had gotten returned to Netflix as undeliverable and haven't had any issues since. Think that may have been a change of address problem.

I am really starting to suspect our mail man/Post Office. I've notice that some of my bill payments sent by check either get there days later then expected OR never arrive. Just the other day my gf got her W2 form in the mail and it was a clear sign someone tried to open it and retaped it...we were like WTF?!?!!? Heck even a package that was suppose to take 2 days from FL from my friend took 6 days to get here!

#243 thrustbucket

thrustbucket

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2011 - 11:25 PM

I have the 1 disc plan. I average 2 discs per week (when things flow right). Streaming, I am not heavy streaming..but I am starting to get into BSG...even yesterday the connection crapped out saying my internet connection was too slow..(WTF Verizon!)
!

Always get a warm fuzzy to see someone new behold the beauty of the best show ever made.

#244 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2011 - 11:31 PM

Always get a warm fuzzy to see someone new behold the beauty of the best show ever made.

Well I am only on episode 7 of the first season. I refused to watch the series until the pilot episodes were on netflix. I am SO GLAD they are showing it in HD.

It's a good show.... can't say it's the best show until I reach the end of the series. Just giving it a chance. So far it's pretty good.

#245 RAMSTORIA

RAMSTORIA

fate is inexorable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2011 - 12:00 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

#246 thrustbucket

thrustbucket

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2011 - 03:42 AM

did anyone else get a 6 meg update for netflix tonight?

#247 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 04 February 2011 - 03:45 AM

oooh 3rd rock - always watched to watch that one.

#248 FeedMeAStrayCat

FeedMeAStrayCat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2011 - 05:25 AM

I was wondering what this update did.. I got it as well

#249 irratebass

irratebass

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2011 - 11:25 AM

Yep
Posted Image

Posted Image

#250 JSP

JSP

Return to my Roots

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2011 - 11:56 AM

I started a 1 month trial to watch a show that ended up not being on instant watch, but let me tell you, this is pretty neat. I finally got a chance to watch Mystery Science Theater 3000.
Posted Image

where scoob

#251 nasum

nasum

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2011 - 04:14 PM

MST3K, not that truly IS the best show ever.
Contact Friend Code - 1675-8841-8262
Tetris DS - 152435-004214
XBL - Nasum2

#252 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2011 - 06:07 PM

Updated. All seasons of Scrubs coming February 15th along with Kyle XY.

Prince of Persia: Sands of Time now available for instant streaming.

Some surprisingly quick titles coming soon including 24: Season 8, Karate Kid, Grown Ups, Monsters and Ong Bak 3.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#253 2DMention

2DMention

Posted 08 February 2011 - 06:52 PM

I'm surprised to see Letters for Iwo Jima up again.
Posted Image

#254 mrmagoo1974

mrmagoo1974

I'm a C A G and I'm PROUD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2011 - 09:01 PM

MST3K, not that truly IS the best show ever.

Agreed :)

#255 schuerm26

schuerm26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2011 - 10:31 PM

Some surprisingly quick titles coming soon including 24: Season 8, Karate Kid, Grown Ups, Monsters and Ong Bak 3.

Thanks for the Prince of Persia update. Wanted to check it out but didn't want to pay at redbox for it.

When does Grown Ups appear? Another I wanted to rent but didn't want to redbox.

Edit: Nevermind. I clicked on it and saw march 1st.

#256 schuerm26

schuerm26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2011 - 10:53 PM

maybe everyone on here knows of this but a link to a site that gives you a heads up on what is coming up.

http://feedfliks.com/

you can see the instant watch stuff without registering.

#257 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2011 - 11:07 PM

right. that was mentioned on the first page. I use that and IW and make a list that's easier to read.

#258 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2011 - 11:36 PM

Just watched "9 Songs" last night on the stream.... yeaaaahhhhh........

Destro1.gif            DestroVega.jpg

#259 schuerm26

schuerm26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2011 - 12:25 AM

right. that was mentioned on the first page. I use that and IW and make a list that's easier to read.

What is IW (instant watch?)?

#260 schuerm26

schuerm26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2011 - 12:27 AM

MWC seasons 1-11 is a hell of a nice addition.

what is MWC?

#261 Holden

Holden

Posted 09 February 2011 - 12:36 AM

Second the warm fuzzies. Might have to stream some favorite episodes, especially in light of this announcement of BSG: Blood & Chrome. A 2 hour pilot? Fingers crossed that it turns out well and that they bring it to streaming with due haste. Godspeed, gentlemen.

Anyone know if/when Merlin (BBC) will add other seasons to instant? Only the first one is up so far.

#262 Matt Young

Matt Young

Follow the buzzards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2011 - 07:54 AM

MWC is Married With Children, schuerm.

I haven't been using Netflix so much, lately, but thanks again for doing all this, Scorch.

As for the throttling issues, I haven't had any problems. As I said, I haven't used instant watch much lately, but I usually get 2 discs per week. I receive one on Wednesday, mail it back Thursday, get another on Saturday, mail it back Monday, and repeat.

Posted Image

#263 super_dawn

super_dawn

Posted 09 February 2011 - 11:10 AM

Scrubs!!! omg...finally!! I haven't seen the last two seasons...!

Guybrush: At least I've learnt something from all of this.
Elaine: What's that?
Guybrush: Never pay more than 20 bucks for a game.

:3ds: my 3DS friend code is: 1934-0672-7017 ---Animal Crossing: Msg me if you add! thx!

Animal Crossing Villager Outfits Follow me:  superdawn3.tumblr.com

ChocDeathMousse.jpg

#264 cdeener

cdeener

Love Those Price Drops!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2011 - 12:39 PM

I have seen them and they aren't as funny as the seasons on NBC.

#265 super_dawn

super_dawn

Posted 10 February 2011 - 08:36 AM

I have seen them and they aren't as funny as the seasons on NBC.

I've heard that! I still feel like I need to at least see it through to the end.

I'd also like to see Smallville on NetflixInstant. Another show I only saw the first 5 seasons of....this is all because of my days working at hwv and free rentals.

Guybrush: At least I've learnt something from all of this.
Elaine: What's that?
Guybrush: Never pay more than 20 bucks for a game.

:3ds: my 3DS friend code is: 1934-0672-7017 ---Animal Crossing: Msg me if you add! thx!

Animal Crossing Villager Outfits Follow me:  superdawn3.tumblr.com

ChocDeathMousse.jpg

#266 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2011 - 11:53 AM

I'd also like to see Smallville on NetflixInstant. Another show I only saw the first 5 seasons of....this is all because of my days working at hwv and free rentals.

Same here. I'd would love to catch up on Smallville, but only in HD..I know HDnet is playing it , but I don't have time to watch it in the morning.

TNG/DS9/VOY/ENT needs to be on Netflix.

#267 Shimrra

Shimrra

Hello Ladies !!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2011 - 03:40 PM

Sorry if it was posted already but I everyone should check out "Exit Thru The Gift Shop" a great documentary on street art and about the man who filmed it.

A beautiful 35-year-old ain’t as as good lookin’ as an ugly 19-year-old. Women expect us to like them but they don’t even like each other” Patrice O’neal

Shimrra74.png2rfy52g.jpg

#268 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2011 - 04:22 PM

Season 8 was okay. The first few episodes of season 9 were okay. You'd do best to stop watching at the end of season 8. The last two episodes (My Finale, part 1 and 2) were just.. perfect.

Sorry if it was posted already but I everyone should check out "Exit Thru The Gift Shop" a great documentary on street art and about the man who filmed it.

That's the one about Banksy, right? I've heard nothing but good things.. I've even heard the phrase "best movie of the year" thrown around a few times.

Posted Image

#269 drktrpr1

drktrpr1

Total GearsHead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2011 - 06:26 PM

Just discovered MST3K on netflix...I'm never leaving my house.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#270 AshesofWake

AshesofWake

chum is fum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2011 - 10:49 PM

Season 8 was okay. The first few episodes of season 9 were okay. You'd do best to stop watching at the end of season 8. The last two episodes (My Finale, part 1 and 2) were just.. perfect.

That's the one about Banksy, right? I've heard nothing but good things.. I've even heard the phrase "best movie of the year" thrown around a few times.

second that. watch it. you will love. Such an amazing movie the way it's just presented. REALLY entertaining.
WHAT A HORRIBLE NIGHT TO HAVE A CURSE

Posted Image

Avatar record spinning: Pelican - Ataraxia/Taraxis EP