Photo
* * * * * 6 votes

Anime & Manga Thread Vol. 2: Za Warudo!!!

• Please log in to reply
3075 replies to this topic

#781 lilman

lilman

Only the ordinary.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2010 - 12:19 AM

How old are you? I'm going to assume that since you keep refering to "your room", you still live with your parents which hopefully means you're still a teenager. If so, then that'll probably change once you get older, move out and have a place of your own.

The only things that are around in my apartment are the Fallout bobblehead, the Mario statue thing that was free with this year's platinum club members and a few game CEs. The majority of my games are locked up in a cabinet and all of my anime is closed off in a closet. My manga is on a bookcase in my bedroom so most people don't see that either.

Bad assumption. Old enough to be living on my own (master's degree), but serious illness so I'm living at my parents. If by some chance I got healthy again and can survive living on my own I would still like a bookshelf with all my anime/manga in my room... no need to keep it hidden, I'm not ashamed of liking anime.

When I was healthy enough to live on my own my anime collection was still too small to need storage (funny how much anime you collect when you can't leave your room). Bah, this turned into a bummer post, sorry about that.

Anyway I think I'm going to try Kiddy Grade next. Also I'm about 20 episodes into Law of Ueki, so far it is mindless but fun.

#782 Gden

Gden

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2010 - 04:21 AM

I forewarn you Lilman Kiddy grade is ummmm.... bad. I'd really give it more of a description, but that's about the most succinct way you can put it, its bad.
I'm not changing my signature until Busou Renkin, and Trizenon get licensed.
FC: Pokemon Pearl - 1160-6253-4611
Posted Image

#783 lilman

lilman

Only the ordinary.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2010 - 12:01 PM

I forewarn you Lilman Kiddy grade is ummmm.... bad. I'd really give it more of a description, but that's about the most succinct way you can put it, its bad.

Thanks, I didn't start it last night since I figured it would be bad. I have a big backlog so I'm sure I can find something better...

#784 Gden

Gden

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2010 - 06:06 PM

What's left that you haven't watched yet?
Posted Image

#785 lilman

lilman

Only the ordinary.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2010 - 06:30 PM

http://myanimelist.n...nimelist/lilman
Everything in the on-hold section I should have the complete dvd set, probably have more but haven't updated in a while. I can only watch non-depressing (so no death of main character or illness), English dub (can't read subs at night), and it can't have crazy camera shots (how live action shows/movies are nowadays, like the shaky camera when someone is running).

Should Kurau Phantom Memory be safe for me? Or maybe Gun Sword. I started D.Gray-man a while ago but was too busy to finish, I could always continue watching that.

#786 ChibiJosh

ChibiJosh

Posted 25 December 2010 - 10:41 PM

http://myanimelist.n...nimelist/lilman
Everything in the on-hold section I should have the complete dvd set, probably have more but haven't updated in a while. I can only watch non-depressing (so no death of main character or illness), English dub (can't read subs at night), and it can't have crazy camera shots (how live action shows/movies are nowadays, like the shaky camera when someone is running).

Should Kurau Phantom Memory be safe for me? Or maybe Gun Sword. I started D.Gray-man a while ago but was too busy to finish, I could always continue watching that.

Mahou Tsukai Taisetsu na Koto is amazing and you should watch it immediately. It's very warm hearted.

Also, Cromartie High School and Mahou Tsukai Tai! are a couple good comedy series.
Posted Image
Games Completed '08 (32) - '09 (43) - '10 (48) - '11 (43) -'12 (15)
PS3 Trophy card:
Spoiler

#787 lilman

lilman

Only the ordinary.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 December 2010 - 11:35 PM

Mahou Tsukai Taisetsu na Koto is amazing and you should watch it immediately. It's very warm hearted.

Thanks, I completely forgot I had that. I'll start it tonight :)

#788 Gden

Gden

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2010 - 06:41 AM

Yeah, someday's dream is really good, but forewarning, it is VERRRRRRYYYYYYY SLLLOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWW. Personally, i suggest fruits basket, abenobashi, Pani Poni Dash, Princess Tutu, or this ugly yet beautiful world. (especially fruits basket since I'm pretty sure this isn't the first time I've told you to start it)
Posted Image

#789 lilman

lilman

Only the ordinary.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2010 - 12:58 PM

Yeah, someday's dream is really good, but forewarning, it is VERRRRRRYYYYYYY SLLLOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWW.

I watched the first episode last night and liked it. I'm fine with slow (and yes, it is very slow) as long as it meets the other criteria I mentioned above (not depressing, English dub, no fancy camera tricks).

Personally, i suggest fruits basket, abenobashi, Pani Poni Dash, Princess Tutu, or this ugly yet beautiful world. (especially fruits basket since I'm pretty sure this isn't the first time I've told you to start it)

I read Fruits Basket is shoujo, so would I still find it enjoyable? I tried DNAngel the other day (also shoujo) and didn't care for it.

#790 Amblix

Amblix

Posted 26 December 2010 - 02:02 PM

So the first 20 episodes of FMA Brotherhood weren't that great, seemed like a deleted scenes section of the first series, after 20 though, I'm starting to like!

#791 Gden

Gden

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2010 - 04:30 PM

Fruits basket is on a different level from 90% of other shoujo, its one that everyone can enjoy (almost everyone), let's put it this way, watch the first two episodes, you will be able to figure out by that point if you want to watch more.
Posted Image

#792 lilman

lilman

Only the ordinary.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2010 - 04:36 PM

Fruits basket is on a different level from 90% of other shoujo, its one that everyone can enjoy (almost everyone), let's put it this way, watch the first two episodes, you will be able to figure out by that point if you want to watch more.

That's good to hear, I'll give it a try when I finish Someday's Dreamers.

Tried to watch xxxHolic the other day, and the lanky character models creeped me out :/ Seemed like the story would be interesting but I couldn't get past the art style.

#793 Indecisive Rattle

Indecisive Rattle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2010 - 12:29 AM

Is a sealed Ergo Proxy box set worth a lot? I ask because I found the same set I have sealed, but opened and mint at a pawn shop for 5.00. I picked it up because I figured a friend may want it, but now I'm curious if I should sell my sealed set. I'm having trouble finding a sealed one online to determine how much it could sell for.

Several of Funi's Geneon rescues have been temporarily discontinued. Fortunately I've already picked up most of the ones I wanted, besides When They Cry... I was hoping for a S.A.V.E. edition for that.

#794 Kuroi Kaze

Kuroi Kaze

Yes, I toss douches.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2010 - 06:54 PM

Why, you didn't like the same characters anymore?

You don't like them as much. I thought Vegeta, Ryoga, Megaman, and other stuff like that was soooo awesome back in the day but now I've changed a bit. I can't think of any character I like so much I need to see them in 3D every day of my life.

Anyway stopped Fairy Tale at 42 for the moment (I'll come back when more eps are made) and started Kurau. The first couple eps really have me intrigued and I know it's one of Raz's favs ever...then again so is everything.

Also I'm throwing out a big NEGATIVE review to Fruit's Basket the anime. It just ends and resolves nothing. I was at a big anime house party the other night and we were all discussing how crappy the anime for FB is. Don't waste a second of your life watching it because there's no payoff.

sig.gif
Sekai wa hiroi yo!

#795 Magiblaze

Magiblaze

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2010 - 07:46 PM

I don't really "collect" anything but when I was younger I did get a few dbz figurines which I have stored away for a long time now.Now I don't really buy so much anime/manga merchantdice although this year I did find the GunGrave Archives for the really cheap price of 2$ so I felt compelled to get that for the price.At this point I'm now a bit more concerned with shelf space then collecting anything else.

I have a bit mixed feelings on Kurau.Overall I'd still say its good,the first episode was one of the better first episodes out there.I didn't really have a problem with the english dub, kept flipping back and fourth between the it and the japanese testing it out but the english seemed good enough just to go with it.To me it seemed like they tried forcing an emotional moment every episode or every other episode,sometimes it works and sometimes it didn't.If I was going to try to get a girl or a girlfriend to watch anime,this might be a show I'd be pretty tempted to show her.

#796 panzerfaust

panzerfaust

Posted 27 December 2010 - 10:04 PM

Never really was interested in the whole figurine thing. I do have the two hot looking FFXIII strategy guides upright on my desk though, I get shit for that all the time =D.

I'm comfortable with my gaming hobby but I'd never watch an anime with people around :cold:

UjCoyFa.png

#797 GuilewasNK

GuilewasNK

No gimmicks necessary.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2010 - 11:44 PM

Never really was interested in the whole figurine thing. I do have the two hot looking FFXIII strategy guides upright on my desk though, I get shit for that all the time =D.

I'm comfortable with my gaming hobby but I'd never watch an anime with people around :cold:

Just watch something with little to no fanservice like Cowboy Bebop or The Girl WHo Leapt Through Time. Even non-anime fans like those shows. At least the ones I have shown them to have.

Posted Image

It is illegal to assault the internet. - Xi Yanchun

click for my list ---> Posted Image RPGS added!

#798 Kuroi Kaze

Kuroi Kaze

Yes, I toss douches.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2010 - 04:16 PM

i only watch anime with other people around. i haven't watched a series by myself since Welcome to NHK a few years ago and that was an exception to the rule.

sig.gif
Sekai wa hiroi yo!

#799 panzerfaust

panzerfaust

Posted 29 December 2010 - 10:59 AM

can anyone explain the final episode of toradora to me? it was impressively shitty. otherwise the series was fantastic.

Spoiler

UjCoyFa.png

#800 Kirin Lemon

Kirin Lemon

世界を革命する者

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2010 - 05:38 AM

Also I'm throwing out a big NEGATIVE review to Fruit's Basket the anime. It just ends and resolves nothing. I was at a big anime house party the other night and we were all discussing how crappy the anime for FB is. Don't waste a second of your life watching it because there's no payoff.

Meanwhile, back in reality, the Fruits Basket anime is great. Sure, the ending doesn't resolve the story completely, but it does at least find an appropriate place to end things, and you can always continue reading the manga where the anime leaves off. Several shows have done this, and that doesn't mean they're bad or not worth watching.
Posted Image

#801 Gden

Gden

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 December 2010 - 05:43 AM

Thank you, although, on the other hand there are animes that shut off partway through the manga (I'm looking at you mythical detective loki), and you actually want to go out and shoot whoever it was that decided to do that.
Posted Image

#802 Dark_Sage

Dark_Sage

Posted 01 January 2011 - 04:48 AM

Fuck Kurau. Is it just me or was everyone baptized with Retardo Juice in this anime? I'm only even posting in this godforsaken thread again because you all were 'bout to jerk me off to watch it.

Spoilers up to episode 5

Some things I've noticed:

Spoiler

There's more, but I really don't wanna think about this show anymore. Ugh, if I started watching this shit even a month ago, it'd have been dropped, but I'm determined to continue this shitfest until the end. Wish me luck, guys. Oh, and if y'all have any logical explanation for the abovementioned fail, I'd love to hear it. ._.

Edit: And the OP/ED suck too

Edited by DarkSageRK, 01 January 2011 - 06:44 PM.

#803 formerroadie

formerroadie

Disgaeaversity

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2011 - 06:15 PM

I am watching Fate/Stay Night. Loving it. I have a massive back catalog since I got a ton of anime this month..... In the middle of 1st season of One Piece, starting the 4th of bleach.

Christmas Presents:
Bleach Box Sets 3-7
Death Note Box Sets 1-2

Other Purchases
Black Cat DVD 1-6
Evangelion 1.11 (BR)
Fate/Stay Night Complete Box Set
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood 3 (BR)
Fullmetal Alchemist the Movie: Conqueror of Shamballa (BR)
Full Metal Panic! (BR)
Full Metal Panic! Second Raid (BR)
Full Metal Panic! FUMOFFU (BR)
Gunsling Girl Complete First Season (BR)
One Piece Season One First Voyage
One Piece Season One Second Voyage
One Piece Season One Third Voyage
One Piece Season One Fourth Voyage
One Piece Season Two First Voyage
One Piece Season Two Second Voyage
One Piece Season Two Third Voyage
One Piece Season Two Fourth Voyage
Pumpkin Scissors Season 1 Part 1
Pumpkin Scissors Season 1 Part 2
Ragnarok Complete Box Set
Rahxephon Complete Box Set

#804 Razzuel

Razzuel

People are idiots.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2011 - 08:13 PM

Recently, I finished watching Shiki and High School of the Dead.

Shiki was good overall; it's definitely slow and brooding, and the ending was very disappointing, however, Shiki has some incredible and disturbing moments throughout the show that completely took me by surprise and made the whole show worth watching.

High School of the Dead was mediocre. I hate its glorification of giant breasts, and the story has some stupid, unnecessary moments, but it looks great and it provided some enjoyment with its zombie apocalypse, so I don't regret watching it, however, the show's not worth owning in my opinion.

Incomprehensible discourse.

You know, I don't even know how to respond to that, except for saying you are very, very wrong.

#805 Kirin Lemon

Kirin Lemon

世界を革命する者

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2011 - 05:57 AM

You know, I don't even know how to respond to that, except for saying you are very, very wrong.

He usually is. Don't worry too much about it, you and I both know that Kurau is, in fact, a good show.
Posted Image

#806 Dark_Sage

Dark_Sage

Posted 02 January 2011 - 02:55 PM

Regardless of what you think of my style of commenting on the show is like, everything I said is pretty much accurate. Obviously, the pancake thing was me just fucking around, but I didn't make this shit up. The tl;dr version for people who connect the dots using crayons and help from their parents:

Spoiler

I hoped for at least a minimal defense or at least effort at explanation from the Kurau Defense Force here (after all, I've been hearing everyone bitch about how great a show it is for at least a year), but instead I get the "not listening, lalalala, see no evil, hear no evil..." runaround. Guess I should've expected this from the fine denizens of CAG's anime thread. :/

#807 XxFuRy2Xx

XxFuRy2Xx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2011 - 04:18 PM

I just noticed that Moribito is coming out on blu-ray. Should I regret making the decision to buy in on DVD (namely because of the high price)?

Please check out my channel: Alan Bytes Back!

MyAnimeList

#808 coolsteel

coolsteel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2011 - 12:22 AM

Gundam 00 movie finally got subs today, rough around the edges subs but they get the job done. I'm hoping the blu-ray gets released in the states since Bandai is slowly jumping on the blu bandwagon .

Also the Trigun movie got subs but i've heard next to nothing about what the movie is even about.

#809 Kirin Lemon

Kirin Lemon

世界を革命する者

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2011 - 03:47 PM

I just noticed that Moribito is coming out on blu-ray. Should I regret making the decision to buy in on DVD (namely because of the high price)?

I'm fairly certain Moribito wasn't produced in HD.

Also the Trigun movie got subs but i've heard next to nothing about what the movie is even about.

Probably about Vash being a boring puss, as always. Actually, I might watch this today, but since I loathe Trigun I don't expect to write anything favorable about it.
Posted Image

#810 coolsteel

coolsteel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2011 - 03:59 PM

That was pretty much it , movie came off like a very long episode instead of a theatrical film and I don't mean one of the better episodes.