Photo
* * * * * 6 votes

Anime & Manga Thread Vol. 2: Za Warudo!!!

• Please log in to reply
3128 replies to this topic

#1681 Rogueleader17

Rogueleader17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:36 AM

You aren't really into Haibane Renmei, but you love Bakemonogatari and Nisemonogatari? Man, our tastes must be the exact opposite, haha; I loved Haibane Renmei and hated Bakemonogatari. I've been watching Nisemonogatari too and it's no better; I hate it as well, haha.

I don't know If I like it or not yet, only half way through.

tachikoma_02.gif"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes."

#1682 DuelLadyS

DuelLadyS

Basch Lives!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2012 - 07:44 AM

I don't know how true it is, but I remember reading that when ADV had the license, they were and they had a deal with Cartoon Network to air it, but I think that was when Toonami was still roaming the airwaves and before ADV went kaput.

It's true, and I believe the TV deals were still being worked out when Funi grabbed it. I distinctly remember watching a 'test dub' clip where they renamed characters... Natsumi was Natalie. I suspect mixed reactions to that could be part of why the TV plans got nixed.

#1683 Kuroi Kaze

Kuroi Kaze

Yes, I toss douches.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2012 - 12:42 AM

That's just how Haibane Renmei and Niea under 7 are (they're both from the same guy), you aren't supposed to really understand anything. You're just supposed to sit back and enjoy the ride.

oh god...niea...one of the worst shows i've ever seen.

sig.gif
Sekai wa hiroi yo!

#1684 panzerfaust

panzerfaust

Posted 28 February 2012 - 03:43 AM

I love both Haibane Renmei and Bakemonogatari =]

Couldn't do Lain though, just couldn't.

#1685 Hoakun

Hoakun

Gettin' back to basics.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2012 - 08:42 AM

Couldn't do Lain though, just couldn't.

What, 2deep4u?

#1686 Hibiwa

Hibiwa

Blue Exorcist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2012 - 07:55 PM

So anyone got any new recomendations? I have alot on my "to watch list" and I am having a hard time figuring out where to start. http://myanimelist.n...t/Rogueleader17

Move Ao no Exorcist (aka Blue Exorcist) to your watching list!

Awesome supernatural shonen with emotional punch and comedy bits. Some eps are better than others, but overall it was a great run. Fave is ep 10 "Black Cat". Oh my. Shiro rocks.

Hope they do more seasons. I read somewhere that the manga was going towards a less action arc, so the anime focused more on the fighting instead. I wouldn't have minded delving more into the slower stuff since those ended up trumping the straight up action IMO. Love all the supporting characters too.

#1687 roger watersmelon

roger watersmelon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2012 - 10:56 PM

Some blu ray preorders made their way into my Amazon gold box recently. I ordered them, figuring I had an entire month to cancel them if I change my mind, but I was also curious if anyone here has seen them or has any opinions on them as well.

1)The Legend of the Legendary Heroes - Besides having one of the worst names I've heard in awhile, both p1 and p2 showed up. BR/DVD $67.43 for the pair
2) Okami-san and Her Seven Companions - BR/DVD $33.24
3) FMA Brotherhood Movie - $22.79

#1688 Kuroi Kaze

Kuroi Kaze

Yes, I toss douches.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 February 2012 - 05:06 AM

so whilst i'm packing up razz's order for shipping i have some other things to move:

Manga:
Heaven Sword Dragon Sabre, 1-11
Legendary Couple, 1-5
Weapons of the Gods, 1-9
Threads of Time, 1-5
Ogre Slayer, 1-2
King of Hell, 1-13 Forgot this one

Short Story Collections:
Mermaid's Gaze (Rumiko Takahashi)
One or Double (Rumiko Takahashi)
Rumic World Trilogy II (Rumiko Takahashi)

Anime:
Escaflowne Movie Ultimate Edition
Vampire Hunter D
Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust

Also:
Gundam 0083 Stardust Memory, OST

sig.gif
Sekai wa hiroi yo!

#1689 oni_saru_sensei

oni_saru_sensei

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:24 AM

I have a question regarding the Rurouni Kenshin boxset. Hopefully someone here can help. So I finally decided to buy the rest of Rurouni Kenshin (got the 3rd season as a gift & never got around to getting 1 & 2) So I got 1 via amazon and 2 via amazon marketplace.

The marketplace one pulled a gamestop on me. =/ Said it was new and today I received it, it's not shrinkwrapped. Looks pretty good so maybe I won't return. Then I open it to find this:

Posted Image

Disks are in perfect condition but the disk holder thing is broken. My question is for those that own season 2. Is your box similar to this one, the disks stacked like this?

#1690 Indecisive Rattle

Indecisive Rattle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2012 - 03:08 AM

IDK if Media Blasters might have switched to cheaper packaging, but the new Rurouni Kenshin season 2 set I got over 5 years ago came in an 8 dvd case that didn't have those crappy overlapping discs, sort of like this:
Posted Image

#1691 Gden

Gden

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2012 - 03:58 AM

My Rurouni Kenshin boxes are the same as Indecisive Rattle's.
I'm not changing my signature until Busou Renkin, and Trizenon get licensed.
FC: Pokemon Pearl - 1160-6253-4611
Posted Image

#1692 oni_saru_sensei

oni_saru_sensei

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2012 - 05:34 AM

Thanks Indecisive Rattle and Gden. I'm guessing this is either new cheaper packaging or the seller just packed a collection of the 8 discs into a different box.

Btw is there a possibility of this being a bootleg? Sis got me paranoid when she looked at the discs and said they looked cheap. Also some of the discs at the center have very tiny holes. I don't think that's normal right?

This is so bothersome. >.< I shouldn't have been a cheapass and should have just ordered the sold by Amazon one. =(

#1693 Razzuel

Razzuel

People are idiots.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2012 - 05:45 AM

Thanks Indecisive Rattle and Gden. I'm guessing this is either new cheaper packaging or the seller just packed a collection of the 8 discs into a different box.

Btw is there a possibility of this being a bootleg? Sis got me paranoid when she looked at the discs and said they looked cheap. Also some of the discs at the center have very tiny holes. I don't think that's normal right?

This is so bothersome. >.< I shouldn't have been a cheapass and should have just ordered the sold by Amazon one. =(

I don't have the set, but if you want to know if they're bootlegs, you can compare the disc IDs on the data side of the discs with those of someone who has a set that they know is legitimate.

For example, Bleach Season 3 Disc 1 has a disc ID of 7V 2000008816V2.1A VA01. There's no standard disc ID format, but it should be a combination of letters and/or numbers.

Hope that helps.

#1694 coolsteel

coolsteel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2012 - 06:09 AM

That isn't a bootleg as they bootlegs for the series looked very different . The disc is legit at least.

#1695 oni_saru_sensei

oni_saru_sensei

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2012 - 06:25 AM

Razzuel & coolsteel-- thanks! I checked and they do have the IDs. I just need to compare it. But I guess it should be fine since Coolsteel says the bootlegs are different. I think my sis was just being paranoid.

I guess this was just a crappy box release. =/

I really appreciate the help from everyone who replied!!!

#1696 tangytangerine

tangytangerine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2012 - 06:30 AM

The marketplace one pulled a gamestop on me. =/ Said it was new and today I received it, it's not shrinkwrapped. Looks pretty good so maybe I won't return.

Just so I know to be cautious for future purchases there, what was the seller's name? I know there's a couple on there(Direct Liquidations & Steelhead Enterprises) that sell dvds as new when it's used and also does case swaps too. Thanks to them, I have a couple Geneon & ADV sets that look weird(white cases with a few black/clear cases in between).

#1697 oni_saru_sensei

oni_saru_sensei

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2012 - 06:39 AM

Just so I know to be cautious for future purchases there, what was the seller's name? I know there's a couple on there(Direct Liquidations & Steelhead Enterprises) that sell dvds as new when it's used and also does case swaps too. Thanks to them, I have a couple Geneon & ADV sets that look weird(white cases with a few black/clear cases in between).

Name is BloomingLily.

#1698 Kuroi Kaze

Kuroi Kaze

Yes, I toss douches.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2012 - 05:07 PM

aight if nobody is interested in that stuff i'll have to try and ebay it or something. :\
raz, i'm going to try to finish packing and shipping your stuff today. can you make sure to PM me your address?

sig.gif
Sekai wa hiroi yo!

#1699 Gden

Gden

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2012 - 06:43 PM

It looks like the person you bought it from sold you the individual releases as a complete collection. I'm trying to do that currently on half.com with my sailor moon S and Super S dvds. I have them listed under the collections, but they're the individual dvds.
Posted Image

#1700 ChibiJosh

ChibiJosh

Posted 01 March 2012 - 09:07 PM

It looks like the person you bought it from sold you the individual releases as a complete collection. I'm trying to do that currently on half.com with my sailor moon S and Super S dvds. I have them listed under the collections, but they're the individual dvds.

Did you actually change the packaging? How much is SuperS (it's the only US DVD release I don't have)?
Posted Image
Games Completed '08 (32) - '09 (43) - '10 (48) - '11 (43) -'12 (15)
PS3 Trophy card:
Spoiler

#1701 thelonepig

thelonepig

Greasy Pork Pirates!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2012 - 02:02 AM

Funny, I've been after the S Season. Care to provide a link?

#1702 Gden

Gden

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2012 - 04:18 AM

Did you actually change the packaging? How much is SuperS (it's the only US DVD release I don't have)?

No, it's the individual dvds, untouched. Other than being watched, obviously. I would link it on here, but I choose to not self-advertise (was going to say self abdicate for some reason). I've sent you both tells, obvious, we can negotiate

Edited by Gden, 02 March 2012 - 04:29 AM.

Posted Image

#1703 Rogueleader17

Rogueleader17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2012 - 06:59 PM

So The Secret World of Arrietty is up for preorder. Haven't seen it myself but you can't go wrong with studio gibli.

http://www.amazon.co...=blurayforum-20

tachikoma_02.gif"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes."

#1704 ChibiJosh

ChibiJosh

Posted 05 March 2012 - 10:53 PM

I think I'm going to take the plunge and order all 3 Madoka LEs. While I'll hate myself for it, at least the boxes are pretty.
Posted Image
Games Completed '08 (32) - '09 (43) - '10 (48) - '11 (43) -'12 (15)
PS3 Trophy card:
Spoiler

#1705 themaster20000

themaster20000

You sleeping yet?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2012 - 05:51 PM

Started to watch Yamada's First Time.On paper the show sounds incredibility stupid,but the humor is done extremely well,and Yamada is a great main character.

#1706 Panda Wizardry

Panda Wizardry

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2012 - 04:13 PM

I'm 8 episodes into Kurokami and I'm not sure if I'll watch it all the way through, namely because the main character is so lame.

Please check out my channel: Alan Bytes Back!

MyAnimeList

#1707 Razzuel

Razzuel

People are idiots.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2012 - 11:28 PM

Oh yeah, I saw The Secret World of Arrietty when it came out in February. Overall I enjoyed it, but it's definitely a flawed film. The artistry, animation, and music are amazing, but the English dub and the story weren't that great.

First, this is worst localization of a Ghibli production that Disney has done. They changed the name from The Borrower Arrietty to The Secret World of Arrietty, which doesn't make much sense; they changed all the names of the characters; and some of the performances, especially Hara/Haru, weren't well acted — Bridgit Mendler as Arrietty was really good though. Also, the Bridgit Mendler song at the end was way out of place.

I hear the UK English dub has its own problems, so that's probably not any better, haha. Anyway, it's worth watching, if anyone's the least bit interested in it.

#1708 Magiblaze

Magiblaze

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2012 - 02:04 AM

IDK if Media Blasters might have switched to cheaper packaging, but the new Rurouni Kenshin season 2 set I got over 5 years ago came in an 8 dvd case that didn't have those crappy overlapping discs, sort of like this:
Posted Image

I have it as well and have to also comment got the case I got it in was in the same type as you're describing.Maybe they threw the actual disc into another case with him.

Watched the Trigun movie after finally getting around to it.Sadly was a bit disappointed in it.The start/mid felt really weak and didn't feel like the movie was getting any good until the end.Just overall reminded me I liked the anime much more so while watching it.From the credits seems like they left it open for a sequel which I'd assume they would do if the first made for good business.

#1709 Gden

Gden

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2012 - 02:55 AM

Oh yeah, I saw The Secret World of Arrietty when it came out in February. Overall I enjoyed it, but it's definitely a flawed film. The artistry, animation, and music are amazing, but the English dub and the story weren't that great.

First, this is worst localization of a Ghibli production that Disney has done. They changed the name from The Borrower Arrietty to The Secret World of Arrietty, which doesn't make much sense; they changed all the names of the characters; and some of the performances, especially Hara/Haru, weren't well acted — Bridgit Mendler as Arrietty was really good though. Also, the Bridgit Mendler song at the end was way out of place.

I hear the UK English dub has its own problems, so that's probably not any better, haha. Anyway, it's worth watching, if anyone's the least bit interested in it.

You liked her part? I felt both her, and whatsisface's sho/shaun were very phoned in. They felt very "I'm only doing this because disney is making me, because my stupid parents signed x year contracts to get me on tv". Though, I actually thought that Carol Burnette made that dub almost worthwhile with her performance.

Edited by Gden, 10 March 2012 - 06:39 PM.

Posted Image

#1710 Rogueleader17

Rogueleader17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2012 - 05:33 AM

I'm 8 episodes into Kurokami and I'm not sure if I'll watch it all the way through, namely because the main character is so lame.

I watched that whole series and It was ok but nothing I plan on watching again.