Photo
* * * * * 6 votes

Anime & Manga Thread Vol. 2: Za Warudo!!!

• Please log in to reply
3143 replies to this topic

#1771 Rogueleader17

Rogueleader17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 07:38 AM

So I just got clannad after story on bluray in from RS, pretty good so far. Also started watching ah my goddess and ouran high host club and love them.

tachikoma_02.gif"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes."

#1772 Panda Wizardry

Panda Wizardry

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 03:47 PM

I finished watching toward the terra and was surprised by how good it was. I highly recommend it to anyone, and those who enjoy sci-fi MUST watch it.

Please check out my channel: Alan Bytes Back!

MyAnimeList

#1773 themaster20000

themaster20000

You sleeping yet?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2012 - 12:05 AM

Being watching Serial Experiments Lain,really awesome show from what I watched so far.Really amazing how the show captured how big the internet would get,and how much influence it would have on society.

Edited by themaster20000, 12 July 2012 - 12:34 AM.

#1774 Rogueleader17

Rogueleader17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2012 - 11:51 PM

This looked crazy, enjoy (NSFW):

tachikoma_02.gif"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes."

#1775 thelonepig

thelonepig

Greasy Pork Pirates!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2012 - 01:54 AM

Wow, that looks disturbing.

Other related youtube videos suggest the show is Gyo by Junji Ito.

#1776 lilman

lilman

Only the ordinary.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2012 - 01:44 PM

Finished another round of anime:

Kurau Phantom Memory was great! Realistic sci-fi story with a great cast of characters and a lot of emotion. The story is completed by the end of the series and shows what happens with all of the characters. One thing I still don't understand is:
Spoiler

Squid Girl was... oh wow, it was actually really good. I wasn't expecting much of this series, thinking it would be another half baked gag comedy. I was so surprised by how funny it is. Each episode is broken up into three smaller stories revolving around the same small cast of characters. The vibe is relaxed yet always interesting. Hoping season 2 makes its way to the US.

Okami-san was a fun series with great style. It could use more story though, so hopefully they make another season.

#1777 Panda Wizardry

Panda Wizardry

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2012 - 03:29 PM

Kurau Phantom Memory was great! Realistic sci-fi story with a great cast of characters and a lot of emotion. The story is completed by the end of the series and shows what happens with all of the characters. One thing I still don't understand is:

Spoiler

Squid Girl was... oh wow, it was actually really good. I wasn't expecting much of this series, thinking it would be another half baked gag comedy. I was so surprised by how funny it is. Each episode is broken up into three smaller stories revolving around the same small cast of characters. The vibe is relaxed yet always interesting. Hoping season 2 makes its way to the US.

Okami-san was a fun series with great style. It could use more story though, so hopefully they make another season.

Do you recommend buying the okami-san physical release, or just watch it online somewhere? I've been thinking of picking it up.

MyAnimeList

#1778 lilman

lilman

Only the ordinary.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2012 - 03:47 PM

Do you recommend buying the okami-san physical release, or just watch it online somewhere? I've been thinking of picking it up.

Imo not worth a buy. Definitely good for a stream or rent. It's fun but needs more story.

Kurau and Squid Girl are both worth a buy ^_^

#1779 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2012 - 08:36 PM

so the Persona 4 anime blu ray will be dub only.

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

Looking for Danganronpa Anime Expo edition.  Please PM me if you have it for sale.

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#1780 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 July 2012 - 11:03 PM

This looked crazy, enjoy (NSFW):

It was an awesome movie, too derailed from the comics for my taste, but awesome nonetheless.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#1781 Panda Wizardry

Panda Wizardry

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2012 - 02:58 PM

Imo not worth a buy. Definitely good for a stream or rent. It's fun but needs more story.

Kurau and Squid Girl are both worth a buy ^_^

Thanks for letting me know. I already own kurau and I'm looking to get squid girl.

Sucks for those who wanted the blu and want bouth audio tracks. These Japanese companies need to calm down with this crap.

MyAnimeList

#1782 Gden

Gden

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 August 2012 - 03:35 PM

Who's releasing it, 4kids?
I'm not changing my signature until Busou Renkin, and Trizenon get licensed.
FC: Pokemon Pearl - 1160-6253-4611
Posted Image

#1783 Razzuel

Razzuel

People are idiots.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2012 - 01:14 AM

Spoiler

Woo hoo! I'm glad you liked it.

As for your question, I actually don't remember, haha. It's been over three years since I watched it, so I can't recall. I feel terrible not being able to answer your question. XP

I've been meaning to re-watch it, but I'm drowning in stuff I haven't seen yet, so it's hard to justify watching something I've already seen.

Sucks for those who wanted the blu and want bouth audio tracks. These Japanese companies need to calm down with this crap.

Well, it's not surprising, since Sentai will be releasing part one in September, which is only a month after the final Blu-ray volume in Japan is released. This wouldn't be a problem if Sentai delayed the release at least six months or more, but they either couldn't delay it or they feel that it's more worth it to release the Persona 4 anime now in between Persona 4 Arena (August) and Persona 4 Golden (October).

It totally sucks, but that's reverse importation fears for you. Hopefully the eventual complete collection adds the Japanese language track back in.

#1784 Rogueleader17

Rogueleader17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2012 - 04:47 AM

So many great releases comming up, what are you guys getting by month. I am looking forward to hellsing ultimate on bluray the most with a certain magical index and dead man wonderland as well.

#1785 Indecisive Rattle

Indecisive Rattle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2012 - 08:12 AM

The only must buy for me is the Berserk movie coming in the Fall, hopefully. Everything else that I'm interested in seeing/owning, I can wait for complete collections and Blu-rays.

Already bought FMA:B+movie, Shiki, and Towa no Quon recently.

#1786 GuilewasNK

GuilewasNK

No gimmicks necessary.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2012 - 03:57 PM

Found some out of print anime at the used bookstore yesterday. Got Marmalade Boy Ultimate Scrapbooks 1 and 2, and Bastard.

Posted Image

It is illegal to assault the internet. - Xi Yanchun

click for my list ---> Posted Image RPGS added!

#1787 tangytangerine

tangytangerine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 August 2012 - 11:46 AM

Found some out of print anime at the used bookstore yesterday. Got Marmalade Boy Ultimate Scrapbooks 1 and 2, and Bastard.

Sounds like your area still cares about anime if you can find those, kinda wish my area was like that.

Went to the only used bookstore in the area over the weekend and seems like they've gotten worse about prices(it looks like they're judging stuff from MSRP instead of demand). Most obvious ones I saw was the latest Fruits Basket collection for $50 used(it's $35-$40 new at most places) and almost all the individual vols. of Gundam Seed/Seed Destiny for $12 each. Although I did manage to snag the only legit copy of a Sailor Moon S DVD I've seen in years(Heart Collection VI) for a decent price($12).

#1788 roger watersmelon

roger watersmelon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 04:57 AM

I picked up volumes 1-4 of Gintama used the other day for $14 each after tax. It was part of a buy 3 get 1 free sale. Unfortunately, vol. 4 was marked significantly higher than the others ($32). It was still cheaper than it was last Christmas at Right Stuf, and significantly cheaper than buying them off Amz/eBay.

I also noticed that Crunchyroll has an app out for PS3. I may have to look into getting a premium account with them.

#1789 Panda Wizardry

Panda Wizardry

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 August 2012 - 03:04 PM

Crunchyroll still doesn't have HD video, so if that's important to you, you might want to hold off. I think it's coming in the next few months.

MyAnimeList

#1790 Razzuel

Razzuel

People are idiots.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:20 AM

I also noticed that Crunchyroll has an app out for PS3. I may have to look into getting a premium account with them.

Crunchyroll still doesn't have HD video, so if that's important to you, you might want to hold off. I think it's coming in the next few months.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. That is a misleading statement. The Crunchyroll PS3 app does not have HD. However, Crunchyroll's website does stream 1080p and 720p. If you're a normal person and don't want to watch Crunchyroll on your laptop or monitor, then to enjoy that HD goodness all you gotta do is hook up your PC to your TV, which is what I do.

Also, don't let Crunchyroll's PS3 app dictate whether you get a premium subscription; you should have one anyway, since it's extremely worth it. They always get a ton of the new shows each season and their back catalog is huge and continues to grow. It's an incredible deal for only $60 a year.

#1791 SolidSnake86

SolidSnake86

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 06:48 AM

Just watched Rosario + Vampire. I really liked it, however, I thought the second season was far better than the first. Just started watching Birdy The Mighty: Decode, but just can't get into it. Not sure what anime to watch now. Wish Netflix would get some more titles.

Has anyone heard of Neon Alley? I read that they're going to have an app on the PS3 this fall and will be showing the final Inuyasha episodes and a bunch of other new anime shows.

#1792 Panda Wizardry

Panda Wizardry

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 04:31 PM

Whoa, whoa, whoa. That is a misleading statement. The Crunchyroll PS3 app does not have HD. However, Crunchyroll's website does stream 1080p and 720p. If you're a normal person and don't want to watch Crunchyroll on your laptop or monitor, then to enjoy that HD goodness all you gotta do is hook up your PC to your TV, which is what I do.

Also, don't let Crunchyroll's PS3 app dictate whether you get a premium subscription; you should have one anyway, since it's extremely worth it. They always get a ton of the new shows each season and their back catalog is huge and continues to grow. It's an incredible deal for only $60 a year.

Well, I was responding to another post talking about the ps3 crunchyroll app, so I forgot to distinguish it. Sorry about that one.

Just watched Rosario + Vampire. I really liked it, however, I thought the second season was far better than the first. Just started watching Birdy The Mighty: Decode, but just can't get into it. Not sure what anime to watch now. Wish Netflix would get some more titles.

Has anyone heard of Neon Alley? I read that they're going to have an app on the PS3 this fall and will be showing the final Inuyasha episodes and a bunch of other new anime shows.

Don't count on netflix getting as much anime as they have in the past. With publishers like Funimation making their own streaming services it just doesn't make sense to let netflix have that content, too. It sucks because I rather have one streaming service (netflix) than have to go to a bunch of different services for content.

MyAnimeList

#1793 Indecisive Rattle

Indecisive Rattle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 06:15 PM

Neon Alley has a few shows I want to check out, but it seems it'll operate more like a 24 hour network as opposed to being on demand like Netflix/Crunchyroll... which sounds horrible.

#1794 roger watersmelon

roger watersmelon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:33 PM

Well, I was responding to another post talking about the ps3 crunchyroll app, so I forgot to distinguish it. Sorry about that one.

I knew what you were saying. The PS3 application is actually pretty spotty anyway. I was watching some of the free episodes that they had up, and there were a number of times where the screen image stuttered or froze while the audio continued to play. When watching a subtitled show, this is pretty much horrible.

Although this isn't anime related, it does relate to my previous post about picking up Gintama. I don't feel bad about paying a little more for the 4th volume anymore. Today I picked up Seasons 1-4 of Are You Afraid of the Dark as part of that same buy 3 get 1 free sale. They were marked $3.99 each. :whee:

#1795 ShogunNage

ShogunNage

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:51 PM

I knew what you were saying. The PS3 application is actually pretty spotty anyway. I was watching some of the free episodes that they had up, and there were a number of times where the screen image stuttered or froze while the audio continued to play. When watching a subtitled show, this is pretty much horrible.

Although this isn't anime related, it does relate to my previous post about picking up Gintama. I don't feel bad about paying a little more for the 4th volume anymore. Today I picked up Seasons 1-4 of Are You Afraid of the Dark as part of that same buy 3 get 1 free sale. They were marked $3.99 each. :whee:

thats the nickelodeon show? its been years since i saw it, stories were pretty good. When you see gintama tell me how it is been interested in watching it. Saw the first two vol of Fighting spirit yesterday, loving it so far, going to pick up vol 3 on rightstuf but vol 4 is expensive everywhere else :(, cheapest i saw was 20 on ebay

#1796 GhostShark

GhostShark

The Drunken Whaler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 11:01 PM

Been watching the Persona 4 anime on the show since I am balls deep in the fighting game. How close is it to the PS2 game? Because I kinda want to play it, but if it is the same as the anime, I will pass.
Posted Image

Stinging Death To All Enemies

#1797 Razzuel

Razzuel

People are idiots.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 August 2012 - 11:32 PM

You don't need to apologize, haha. I just wanted to make sure no one made that mistake of misinterpreting your statement.

#1798 Panda Wizardry

Panda Wizardry

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2012 - 04:12 PM

thats the nickelodeon show? its been years since i saw it, stories were pretty good. When you see gintama tell me how it is been interested in watching it. Saw the first two vol of Fighting spirit yesterday, loving it so far, going to pick up vol 3 on rightstuf but vol 4 is expensive everywhere else :(, cheapest i saw was 20 on ebay

Gintama is awesome. Worth getting all 4 volumes and the movie. You could watch a few episodes on crunchyroll to see if it's something you'll like. It's too bad that Sentai probably won't be releasing more volumes, but at least there is crunchyroll for the rest.

MyAnimeList

#1799 roger watersmelon

roger watersmelon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2012 - 03:22 PM

So awhile back I noticed that Amazon has two listings for the new Berserk Blu Ray. They were different prices, so I went ahead and ordered them both in case one was put up by mistake. The prices have changed around (the cheaper one is now more expensive and vice-versa), and now I'm even more confused than I was before.

Does anyone know why Amazon has two active listings for this?

A) http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008U17L12/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00

B) http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008UE8ICK/ref=oh_details_o03_s00_i00

I have A preordered for $17.49 and B preordered for $17.32.

#1800 tangytangerine

tangytangerine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:19 PM

Does anyone know why Amazon has two active listings for this?

A) http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008U17L12/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00

B) http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008UE8ICK/ref=oh_details_o03_s00_i00

A appears to be a duplicate listing that hasn't been removed yet, while B is the real listing. B is actually listing a product to add to your cart for pre-order, while A is just listing a price and no product.