Photo
* * * * * 7 votes

Anime & Manga Thread Vol. 2: Za Warudo!!!

• Please log in to reply
3193 replies to this topic

#1801 roger watersmelon

roger watersmelon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2012 - 04:55 AM

A appears to be a duplicate listing that hasn't been removed yet, while B is the real listing. B is actually listing a product to add to your cart for pre-order, while A is just listing a price and no product.

I figured A was most likely a placeholder that never got deleted. I just thought it was odd though that the price changed on that listing a few days after I ordered one. Mostly though, I just wanted to make sure that there wasn't a limited edition coming, or (even worse) a separate release for each language option.

edit: It looks like it also dropped to $16.99 tonight.

#1802 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 21 August 2012 - 05:15 AM

Also ordered it after the price drop tonight. Was hoping to find it in my quick picks but I'd rather not miss out on a low price. This movie was pretty disappointing seeing as the first part just summarizes about half the show that was already done years ago, but follows the manga more closely I hear. Was hoping for something new, like a side story or something. Not quite sure I like the animation style either, since it mixes some CGI and the characters move a bit robotic. Still, it's one of the few dark fantasy animes out there so I have to support it.

Really wish a new IP would pop up and blow me away again. :\

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#1803 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2012 - 06:42 PM

Anyone else see this little teaser trailer yet?

#1804 crystalklear64

crystalklear64

Posted 21 August 2012 - 07:19 PM

its a movie or a new series or what? hope this isn't a new trend in anime doing the mixed cgi stuff (i know its been done a lot but i hope companies don't latch onto this style as the go to one)

Posted Image
Posted Image

#1805 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2012 - 07:27 PM

its a movie or a new series or what? hope this isn't a new trend in anime doing the mixed cgi stuff (i know its been done a lot but i hope companies don't latch onto this style as the go to one)

It's supposed to be a movie. Here's a little article I pulled: "The new movie will be set between the anime Dragon Ball Z and Dragon Ball GT, which is exactly between the 517th and 518th chapters of the original manga. The movie will be directed by Masahiro Hosoda and written by Yūsuke Watanabe, with Tadayoshi Yamamuro acting as the lead animation director. The original Dragon Ball creator Akira Toriyama will also be involved in the production of the movie. "

#1806 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 21 August 2012 - 11:08 PM

Ha, Dragon Ball Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz. . .

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#1807 roger watersmelon

roger watersmelon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:36 PM

Has anyone picked up and watched any of the Shakugan no Shana season 1 BD/DVD set Funimation just put out? I own an original box set (still sealed) and was wondering what I should do.

I'm going to want to pick up the season 2 box sets, but I don't know about picking up Season 1 again. I like the idea of a uniform-looking set on a shelf (and having it on blu ray), but I was wondering if there were other reasons or quality differences that would persuade me to do otherwise.

#1808 lilman

lilman

Only the ordinary.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:34 PM

Looks like the first set of Funi's Steins;Gate dub is coming out September 25: www.amazon.com/Steins-Gate-Complete-Limited-Blu-ray/dp/B008O69T18/

#1809 tangytangerine

tangytangerine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:59 PM

Has anyone picked up and watched any of the Shakugan no Shana season 1 BD/DVD set Funimation just put out? I own an original box set (still sealed) and was wondering what I should do.

I'm going to want to pick up the season 2 box sets, but I don't know about picking up Season 1 again. I like the idea of a uniform-looking set on a shelf (and having it on blu ray), but I was wondering if there were other reasons or quality differences that would persuade me to do otherwise.

Completely forgot that came out. Judging from the reviews, it depends on if you want a version on blu-ray or not. Because it sounds like the DVDs offer nothing new(besides a different subtitle font style) from the Geneon/original Funimation releases.

Most of the reviews I read did mention that the Blu-rays didn't seem to be in real HD and looked like it was an upscale instead. Some of the screenshots I saw did seem a little off for HD, like this one . So like I said, it just depends on if you want a version on Blu-ray or not.

#1810 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 August 2012 - 04:29 AM

I don't know if anyone else on here is a Hip-Hop head and Anime fan like I am, but I was just listening to an old Jeru the Damaja song and when I heard him mention Outlaw Star in a verse, I nearly lost my shit! Here's the song if anyone else appreciates good music:

#1811 Rogueleader17

Rogueleader17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 05:51 AM

Was looking at trailers on a couple of recent releases I got and was wondering what people thought about: Shangrila, Fafner, Tales of Vespira, Last exile and Fractile. I appologize for any misspelling as I am too lazy to look the names up.

tachikoma_02.gif"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes."

#1812 Panda Wizardry

Panda Wizardry

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 03:48 PM

Last Exile is pretty good.

Please check out my channel: Alan Bytes Back!

MyAnimeList

#1813 GhostShark

GhostShark

The Drunken Whaler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:39 PM

Both Last Exile (and it's sequel) are great watches. To be honest, Last Exile is one of the very few anime that I can rewatch and never grow bored of it.
Posted Image

Stinging Death To All Enemies

#1814 Squall835

Squall835

Gamer without fear!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:37 PM

Was looking at trailers on a couple of recent releases I got and was wondering what people thought about: Shangrila, Fafner, Tales of Vespira, Last exile and Fractile. I appologize for any misspelling as I am too lazy to look the names up.

I bought Tales of Vesperia: The First Strike about a month and thought it was pretty good. I've never played the game, but it didn't hinder my enjoyment at all; I'd recommend it.

#1815 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 03:41 AM

I want this!
http://kotaku.com/59...igure/gallery/1

I saw this trailer dunno what it is

#1816 themaster20000

themaster20000

You sleeping yet?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 05:36 AM

This one is looks better http://www.art-of-wa...tos.php?gid=377

#1817 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2012 - 03:10 PM

This one is looks better http://www.art-of-wa...tos.php?gid=377

I'm guessing around the $500 for that amazing thing

#1818 Rogueleader17

Rogueleader17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 07:19 AM

I have been watching steins;gate and has anyone else found the constant phone vibrations anoying.

tachikoma_02.gif"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes."

#1819 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2012 - 11:37 PM

I saw this trailer dunno what it is

I'm almost a 100% positive that trailer is fake and has to do with the rumored "Dragon Ball Hoshi" series that was floating around. The trailer I posted was actually part of a larger TV spot that aired in Japan and has been confirmed as real. Here's the original TV spot:

#1820 Magiblaze

Magiblaze

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 September 2012 - 12:54 AM

Hoshi was confirmed as fake and another fan made up idea already wasn't it?Love DBZ myself but I'd like to see it die without anymore remakes/remasters.The only one I'd like to see it again is possibly fitting in a movie every now and then maybe somewhere within the past canon timeframe,but even then sort of feels like DBZ in anime format should stay dead.

#1821 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:01 AM

I was at Best Buy earlier and was caught off guard to see of my favorite anime on the shelf, Haibane Renmei. I thought it was too niche to ever see a re-release but there it was. I immediately thought about buying a copy just for the slip cover.

I'm also wrapping up Bamboo Blade. I really enjoyed all the personalities, especially the relationship between Dan-kun and Miya Miya (her dark side is hilarious).

#1822 lilman

lilman

Only the ordinary.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:01 PM

The World God Only Knows S2 was great. I especially enjoyed the student teacher capture. Like the first season, the last episode is dedicated to Keima's obsession with games and reflects the more quirky side of the manga. Hoping for a third season :3

#1823 Kuroi Kaze

Kuroi Kaze

Yes, I toss douches.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:05 PM

Just marathoned all of Another this weekend. A decent show with one of the best endings ever. Oh man...DAT ENDING, it was just so fun to watch that all go down.

sig.gif
Sekai wa hiroi yo!

#1824 roger watersmelon

roger watersmelon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:42 PM

It's been six months since the last volume (14) of Sayonara Zetsubou-Sensei was released in the US. Has anyone heard anything about Kodansha USA cancelling the manga? I haven't heard anything about them cancelling anything since their initial takeover of the books Del Rey was licensing from them.

#1825 Rogueleader17

Rogueleader17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 07:16 AM

Finished Shangri la, Hajime no Ippo, XxxHolic, Karin, Get Backers, and Lucky star these last couple months.

Was looking into picking up copies of Revolutionary Girl Utena and Durarara!. Was wondering what people thought of these since their kind of expensive.

#1826 themaster20000

themaster20000

You sleeping yet?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 03:27 PM

It's been six months since the last volume (14) of Sayonara Zetsubou-Sensei was released in the US. Has anyone heard anything about Kodansha USA cancelling the manga? I haven't heard anything about them cancelling anything since their initial takeover of the books Del Rey was licensing from them.

They canceled stuff silently before,like with Suzuka which only had three volumes left.Hopefully they decide to release the rest in omnibus.

#1827 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 03:45 PM

New Evangelion 3.0 film poster:
Posted Image

#1828 Rogueleader17

Rogueleader17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 07:16 PM

New Evangelion 3.0 film poster:
Posted Image

Can't freaken wait!!!

#1829 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:09 PM

Can't freaken wait!!!

Me neither!!! But unfortunately I don't live in Japan nor do I speak Japanese :cry: So I'm probably gonna have to wait at least another year to see this. Gotta wait until this movie hits retail in Japan and somebody buys a copy, puts subs on it, and then throws it up online. I'll definitely support the film when it hits the US but I'm just too impatient to wait.

Here's a brand new 30 second trailer for the movie:

And now going along with the release cycle of the 1.0, 2.0 and now 3.0, the last film of the tetralogy isn't coming out till at least 2015. All I really want is a box set with all 4 movies in Blu-Ray form and I'll just aim and throw my money at whoever I need to.

#1830 thenexus6

thenexus6

more human than human

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:03 PM

Watched the first episode of Sword Art Online earlier this morning, seemed pretty good might try and watch some more.

Blade_Runner_2-1.jpg

the-nexus6.png

I'm going to let you in on a little secret. Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don't plan it. Don't wait for it. Just let it happen. It could be a new shirt at the men's store, a catnap in your office chair, or two cups of good, hot black coffee.
https://twitter.com/saunderscowie