Photo
* * * * * 7 votes

Anime & Manga Thread Vol. 2: Za Warudo!!!

• Please log in to reply
3190 replies to this topic

#1831 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:50 PM

Is there a site that lists HTF Manga? I stumbled on 50 or so books and most of them are titles I haven't heard of at a thrift store.

#1832 Razzuel

Razzuel

People are idiots.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 01:01 AM

Watched the first episode of Sword Art Online earlier this morning, seemed pretty good might try and watch some more.

The first episode is the only good episode. They do a good job setting up the world in the first episode and the idea of being inside of an MMO has a lot of potential, but after episode one, Sword Art Online turns into a pile of shit.

#1833 thenexus6

thenexus6

more human than human

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:54 AM

The first episode is the only good episode. They do a good job setting up the world in the first episode and the idea of being inside of an MMO has a lot of potential, but after episode one, Sword Art Online turns into a pile of shit.

Oh really? Shame looked quite decent. I might check out a few more just to see how bag it gets.

Blade_Runner_2-1.jpg

the-nexus6.png

I'm going to let you in on a little secret. Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don't plan it. Don't wait for it. Just let it happen. It could be a new shirt at the men's store, a catnap in your office chair, or two cups of good, hot black coffee.
https://twitter.com/saunderscowie

#1834 Magiblaze

Magiblaze

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:47 PM

New Evangelion 3.0 film poster:

Happy to see the poster as I haven't heard anything about the new Evangelion movies in a long time.Are they still planning on releasing 3 and 4 at the same time?

#1835 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2012 - 12:39 AM

Happy to see the poster as I haven't heard anything about the new Evangelion movies in a long time.Are they still planning on releasing 3 and 4 at the same time?

Nope, the plan to release them together was abandoned about a year ago. They announced in early January of this year that the 4th and final movie was coming out it 2013. But following the release schedule of the first 3 movies and given that 3.0 is just now releasing at the end of this year, I'm not expecting it till 2014 at the earliest.

Next month, roughly the first 6 1/2 minutes of the movie are going to be shown on TV in Japan after an airing of 2.0: http://www.animenews...-before-opening

#1836 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 08:46 PM

I don't know about you, but when I think of One Piece, I thinking of fucking Avril Lavigne.

http://www.animenews...e-film-z-themes

I lost some respect for Oda after finding out that he was a legitimate fan of the garbage that she calls music.

#1837 moon_knight

moon_knight

Gotta Have Blue Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:31 PM

^ I lost respect for oda when he started one piece

#1838 lilman

lilman

Only the ordinary.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:13 PM

Finished watching some series:

Gunslinger Girl S2 is very good. The first time I watched S1 a few years ago I didn't care much for it, but I liked it a lot this time around. I probably wasn't into slow stories back then. It was interesting how the art style changes between S1 and S2. I prefer the art style of the first, but appreciated the colors in the second. I love that Triela and Clause get more attention in S2 <3

Kiddy Grade is ok for the first half of the series, then it goes downhill quick. The story turns to contrived, unexplained crap. I only picked it up because it was cheap and has English dub. I don't think it's even worth a stream unless you only want to watch the first half.

Abenobashi was
Spoiler

-Edit-
Almost forgot, I also watched Nabari no Ou. I enjoyed the story and style. I always looked forward to watching the next episode. It wasn't an amazing series, but still very worth a watch.

Edited by lilman, 04 November 2012 - 11:10 PM.

#1839 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:16 PM

Well, it's a sad day. Katekyo Hitman Reborn is officially over :cry:

#1840 ChibiJosh

ChibiJosh

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:47 AM

Well, it's a sad day. Katekyo Hitman Reborn is officially over :cry:

Places are saying the last chapter is next week. Although, this week's chapter sort of felt like an ending.

I do feel pretty depressed that it's ending. The last couple arcs have been lacking in quality, but I've followed it for so many years, it feels like losing a friend.
Posted Image
Games Completed '08 (32) - '09 (43) - '10 (48) - '11 (43) -'12 (15)
PS3 Trophy card:
Spoiler

#1841 crystalklear64

crystalklear64

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:19 AM

woah woah. one piece haters take a hike!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#1842 raiden_86

raiden_86

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:41 AM

So... tried neon genesis evangelion the other day... and I frickin love it!! Can't believe I skipped over it all these years. I have vol. 7 left of the platinum collection and then the movie.

Can anyone recommend something like it via PM? I heard Macross and spaceship Yamato(sp?) are good. Gantz and Ergo Proxy and Black Butler look interesting too. I'm a fan of Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, Paranoia Agent, Gundam Wing and such. Any recommendation is appreciated.

#1843 Rogueleader17

Rogueleader17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:41 AM

I second that, one piece is the one weekly anime I can count on not to have filler episodes that take months to get through.

tachikoma_02.gif"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes."

#1844 moon_knight

moon_knight

Gotta Have Blue Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:48 AM

Is that in response to me? Because I'm not actually a one piece hater.

#1845 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:02 AM

Places are saying the last chapter is next week. Although, this week's chapter sort of felt like an ending.

I do feel pretty depressed that it's ending. The last couple arcs have been lacking in quality, but I've followed it for so many years, it feels like losing a friend.

Yeah I'm not expecting much from next weeks chapter though. Probably just a little glimpse into the future of all the characters to wrap it all up.

I'd say Reborn was probably one of my top 5 manga to come out of WSJ in the last 10 years. Looking forward to the mangaka's next work.

Is that in response to me? Because I'm not actually a one piece hater.

Yes, I think it was written in response to you. But I thought you were being sarcastic when you originally responded to what I wrote which is why I never thought it was necessary to write anything back.

#1846 Rogueleader17

Rogueleader17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:07 AM

So... tried neon genesis evangelion the other day... and I frickin love it!! Can't believe I skipped over it all these years. I have vol. 7 left of the platinum collection and then the movie.

Can anyone recommend something like it via PM? I heard Macross and spaceship Yamato(sp?) are good. Gantz and Ergo Proxy and Black Butler look interesting too. I'm a fan of Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, Paranoia Agent, Gundam Wing and such. Any recommendation is appreciated.

Its my personal favorite myself, and if you still haven't watched the end then your in for quite a ride. A few anime series to throw out there in the "kid pilots giant robot and crazy shit happens" genre would be Eureka Seven, Code Geass, Gundam 00, Fanfner(havent finished yet), Gurren Lagann, the original Gundam 0079 series, Macross was pretty good as well.

tachikoma_02.gif"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes."

#1847 raiden_86

raiden_86

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:15 AM

^ Thank you, I will definitely look those up & add them to my list. I usually like distopia/sci-fi. Heard good things about Eureks & Gundam 0079.

#1848 themaster20000

themaster20000

You sleeping yet?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2012 - 08:49 PM

^ Thank you, I will definitely look those up & add them to my list. I usually like distopia/sci-fi. Heard good things about Eureks & Gundam 0079.

Check out Texnolyze if your into that genre. Ergo Proxy is a good choice too,but the plot does fall apart in the last few episodes.

#1849 Angie7F

Angie7F

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:48 PM

Evangelion's newest movie will be l\released this saturday!!!
I am sooooo going. I will go alone if i have to!!

#1850 Magiblaze

Magiblaze

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:57 AM

Reading the latest Bleach chapter.Spoilers below in black so do not highlight unless you've read or want to know spoilers.

SPOILERS BELOW RUN FOR YOUR LIFE

Ichigo has Quincy blood too.Feels like they've ran out of ideas for how to make Ichigo reach the next level of power.So now hes got Shinigami,Hollow,Fullbring and now Quincy powers as well lol.

End of Spoilers.

#1851 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:12 AM

Wasn't this reveled two weeks ago?

Ichigo is gonna be able to shoot testanfujg gnsuta arrows and then retract his bow into a shrunken and hurl his body out of this shitty manga.
One piece is the only thing that has stayed decent in manga. I gave up on berserk and its 1 chapter a year shit.

Edited by GUNNM, 14 November 2012 - 01:23 AM.

#1852 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:16 AM

spoilers

It would've been a lot easier to use the spoiler tag lol. Like so
Spoiler

I still like the action in Bleach but I think the story is going further and further downhill. In hindsight, other than Ichigo getting his powers back, the Fullbring Arc was completely useless and unnecessary.

I can't remember exactly but I believe Kubo said that this or the next arc would be the last for Bleach.

#1853 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:17 AM

Why doesn't anyone die in bleach btw? Bukayyka was like good bye ichigo I'm dying and two chapters later he's chilling in the hospital

Spoiler

I still like the action in Bleach but I think the story is going further and further downhill. In hindsight, other than Ichigo getting his powers back, the Fullbring Arc was completely useless and unnecessary.

I can't remember exactly but I believe Kubo said that this or the next arc would be the last for Bleach.

I think this will be the last. Its a shame it was so amazing pre and all the way up to soul society arc and then he just stopped trying and I had no idea what the fullbring arc accomplished they could have just sent all of the captains with a sword and stabbed ichigo and saved 3 months of this shitty arc

#1854 moon_knight

moon_knight

Gotta Have Blue Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:21 AM

Bleach is just dumb fun at this point, which is a shame because it could have been a lot better.

#1855 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:30 AM

Why doesn't anyone die in bleach btw?

What? How quickly we forget!
Spoiler

Bleach is just dumb fun at this point, which is a shame because it could have been a lot better.

I honestly couldn't have said it any better myself.

#1856 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:32 AM

Ok let me rephrase why don't the good guys die? Who's the last good guy to die besides that dude?

#1857 moon_knight

moon_knight

Gotta Have Blue Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:45 AM

His lieutenant. Kubo should kill of orihime.

#1858 themaster20000

themaster20000

You sleeping yet?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:46 AM

That's basically most shonens in a nutshell. They start out promising,and then go down hill really fast.

#1859 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:49 AM

He said it'll be the last arc, but it'll also be longer than the Arrancar arc. So we're still at least 3-4+ years away.

elessar123.png

#1860 Magiblaze

Magiblaze

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:10 PM

Wasn't this reveled two weeks ago?

It was. I noticed it a bit later when seeing I had another chapter already downloaded.

Spoiler

That is a lot easier!

Why doesn't anyone die in bleach btw? Bukayyka was like good bye ichigo I'm dying and two chapters later he's chilling in the hospital

It is something that becomes painfully noticeable.Would be nice to see people actually stay dead.By the end of the arc whats his face might even show up again saying he had been alive all along.