Photo
* * * * * 6 votes

Anime & Manga Thread Vol. 2: Za Warudo!!!

• Please log in to reply
3141 replies to this topic

#1981 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:58 PM

And then there's going to be a 1-hour Toriko/One Piece/DBZ anime special in Japan to promote the upcoming Project Versus J game. The casts of each anime involved have also been released.

This anime that I mentioned earlier now has 2 different previews that aired with Toriko and One Piece:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=WA3NQMFzwIE

www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkcaNtmQSF4

#1982 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:00 PM

Oh and Toonami is re-airing IGPX starting next month.

#1983 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:05 PM

Amazing how successful Toonami is when CN puts a little effort into it.

#1984 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:33 PM

So, there's a new car commercial out there (it might be old, I haven't watched a lot of TV recently) that uses Frank Sinatra's "Fly Me to the Moon" as its theme.

How sad is it that I immediately thought of Eva before Ol' Blue Eyes?

#1985 lolwhat

lolwhat

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:41 PM

Think this series hits in a couple weeks, hoping for the best:

#1986 Gden

Gden

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:50 AM

At the weird show just posted.... what the Fuck. Looks cool, though
I'm not changing my signature until Busou Renkin, and Trizenon get licensed.
FC: Pokemon Pearl - 1160-6253-4611
Posted Image

#1987 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:02 AM

Think this series hits in a couple weeks, hoping for the best:

At the weird show just posted.... what the Fuck. Looks cool, though

The series, Attack on Titan, actually starts airing this Saturday in Japan. It's the only new spring anime I've been interested in, so I've been keeping my eye on it.

Here's another promo for it:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHtdKWJdif4

I HIGHLY recommend reading the manga that this is based on, Shingeki no Kyojin. Just be warned that it's extremely graphic. Makes me wonder how they'll handle all the gore in the anime.

#1988 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

Sandwich Artist with the Mouth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:08 AM

I just started Naruto and I'm very happy with it. So happy with it, i bought the first Naruto game for the 360 and it's a lot of fun and follows the series pretty well. Every now and again I go back and watch some Outlaw Star. I loved that series.

Vulcan7905.png
Real Life Ice Hockey Stats: Goals - 20 Assists - 23 Penalty Minutes - 8

Granted I only played the demo of Chime, but how the heck do you get shit on by Chime?

#1989 thenexus6

thenexus6

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:51 PM

Got my copy of Bakuman 18 yesterday.. read a few chapters seems good like the others so far. I think I might start watching the anime soon, as #19 isn't out for a few months then finally #20 in august so i'll need a Bakuman fix inbetween

Blade_Runner_2-1.jpg

the-nexus6.png

I'm going to let you in on a little secret. Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don't plan it. Don't wait for it. Just let it happen. It could be a new shirt at the men's store, a catnap in your office chair, or two cups of good, hot black coffee.
https://twitter.com/saunderscowie

#1990 tangytangerine

tangytangerine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:02 PM

The series, Attack on Titan, actually starts airing this Saturday in Japan. It's the only new spring anime I've been interested in, so I've been keeping my eye on it.

Sadly, only way that you're going to be able to watch is through illegal means. Because rumors are that because of MBS, no one will be able to pick up Attack on Titan for a simulcast.

#1991 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:30 PM

Sadly, only way that you're going to be able to watch is through illegal means. Because rumors are that because of MBS, no one will be able to pick up Attack on Titan for a simulcast.

Yeah so I've heard and that's pretty unfortunate. I'm probably going to wait a couple weeks and hope someone picks it up before I resort to that. Kodansha USA is launching the manga here this summer so I'll support them through that and other means for now.

#1992 themaster20000

themaster20000

You sleeping yet?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:44 PM

Yeah so I've heard and that's pretty unfortunate. I'm probably going to wait a couple weeks and hope someone picks it up before I resort to that. Kodansha USA is launching the manga here this summer so I'll support them through that and other means for now.

Kodansha USA has been publishing the manga of it here,since last year.

#1993 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:16 PM

Kodansha USA has been publishing the manga of it here,since last year.

Yeah my bad, I got confused.

#1994 roger watersmelon

roger watersmelon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:57 PM

So, this Attack on Titan talk has piqued my interest. Is it worth $6.50 per volume?

#1995 tangytangerine

tangytangerine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:19 AM

So, this Attack on Titan talk has piqued my interest. Is it worth $6.50 per volume?

Yeah, it's worth it if you can get them for that price. I've only read the first 3 volumes(waiting on Amazon to ship the 4th). First volume starts off kinda slow, but really picks up near the end and the other 2 just run with the action. Can't remember which one, but the 2nd or 3rd does include a back story about the two main characters(Eren & Mikasa).

#1996 roger watersmelon

roger watersmelon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:14 PM

Sometimes I hate how fluid Amazon's prices are. I figured I'd just order the Attack on Titan books this morning, and a couple of them were raised in price overnight. They're still plenty cheap, and I've heard a lot of people raving about the series, so I figured I'd give it a shot.

Although I hope I can get past the weird proportions of the titans once I get some story to go along with the images I've seen. :)

#1997 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:50 AM

Of course as soon as I get both parts of Birdy the Mighty for cheap FUNimation announces a S.A.V.E. version.

#1998 tangytangerine

tangytangerine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:06 AM

Of course as soon as I get both parts of Birdy the Mighty for cheap FUNimation announces a S.A.V.E. version.

Yeah, they announced it about a month ago, when Right Stuf put out Funi's June schedule. With a S.A.V.E. edition of My Bride is a Mermaid, Sekirei Season 1 & 2 combo pack and that coming out in the next few months, my wallet is going to hate me.

I tried going to the 2 part way of buying Birdy a couple months ago, but got burned on Part 1 twice. Because Amazon has a listing for the version for that has the defective 2nd disc(that has DBZ on it instead of Birdy). But even with the correct one, there's still people that list the defective one under it.

After that, I decided to just buy the complete series and saw that the S.A.V.E. edition is coming out, so now I'm holding off on until June.

FYI, this is the listing for the defective one:
http://www.amazon.co...irdy the mighty

#1999 themaster20000

themaster20000

You sleeping yet?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 11:36 PM

It's finally getting released here!:whee:

#2000 tangytangerine

tangytangerine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2013 - 01:57 AM

Yeah, they announced that at Sakura-con.

They also mentioned that Haganai & Future Diary will get releases later this year(more than likely Fall 13). Also contract issues is what has been preventing Funimation from licensing the 2007-2012 Ah! My Goddess OVAs.

#2001 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2013 - 10:58 AM

Funimation is going to stream Attack on Titan.

#2002 tangytangerine

tangytangerine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2013 - 04:17 PM

Funimation is going to stream Attack on Titan.

So is Crunchyroll:
http://www.crunchyro...attack-on-titan

Yeah, I know, it's confusing that two different companies are simulcasting the same show at the same time. Funi's seems to be for paid EVS members only, while CR's will be for free a week after it airs.

#2003 thenexus6

thenexus6

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2013 - 07:40 PM

So watched the first two episodes of Aku no Hana; one last night and the other just now. Also read the first 18 chapters of the manga just now.

I think its pretty good, I see alot of people hating on the anime online because of the animation style but I quite like it - makes a nice change. I might pick the manga up eventually as I don't normally like reading manga online but I just got a bit carried away with this one.

Blade_Runner_2-1.jpg

the-nexus6.png

I'm going to let you in on a little secret. Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don't plan it. Don't wait for it. Just let it happen. It could be a new shirt at the men's store, a catnap in your office chair, or two cups of good, hot black coffee.
https://twitter.com/saunderscowie

#2004 roger watersmelon

roger watersmelon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2013 - 02:47 AM

Good news about Attack on Titan's streaming.

Amazon sent me 1,3,and 4 of the manga so I'm stalled out after the first volume. I like what I've seen so far though, and it actually didn't take me long to get past the art style. I appreciate you guys mentioning it because I just waved it aside when I saw it before.

Word of advice to people reading the manga though, don't read the interview in the back of the book. They clearly didn't pay attention when they added it, because it spoils some [I]major[\I] plot points with offhanded remarks.

#2005 the_punisher

the_punisher

Dare enter the metro.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 12:47 AM

What about Gankutsuou or Welcome to the NHK (even though it's overrated as hell)

Don't know why it's overrated, loved WTTNHK. One of my favorites

Didn't see this, Fuck YES FINALLY

Money comes and goes, but deals don't last forever ;)

If anime was mainstream, would it be as satisfying?

#2006 themaster20000

themaster20000

You sleeping yet?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 01:32 AM

Don't know why it's overrated, loved WTTNHK. One of my favorites

It's a good show but the fans talk about it as if it's the greatest thing ever. The show focused too much on the comedy part of it,and made Misaki less interesting of a character than she was in the manga,and the drawings and animation quality were inconsistent.

Good show still but the manga and novel are way better.

#2007 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 01:37 AM

So anyone that has seen/read them: would you recommend Gunslinger Girl, Love Hina, Kami Kaze?

I was considering bidding in a snowball coming up, but would like some opinions:)

#2008 themaster20000

themaster20000

You sleeping yet?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 01:40 AM

Read Love Hina,stay the Fuck away from the show though.

#2009 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 01:53 AM

What's wrong with the show? I watched it a few years ago and thought it was pretty funny.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#2010 themaster20000

themaster20000

You sleeping yet?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:04 AM

It was just a terrible adaptation of the manga.First off the story didn't flow as smoothly as the manga.The characters aren't really developed at all. It was also way more stupid with the jokes,and it toned down everything. All that and it just wasn't as funny.