Photo
* * * * * 6 votes

Anime & Manga Thread Vol. 2: Za Warudo!!!

• Please log in to reply
3014 replies to this topic

#2011 Calmdawg

Calmdawg

Hooray for socks!

• CAG in Training

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:30 AM

Obviously I'm new to CAG so I wanted to say hello. I love all types of anime, just started watching Soul Eater the other day but only got 2 episodes under my belt atm, I'm really enjoying it so far though. So hello all, hope to be a regular in this topic and to enjoy the discussions within.

#2012 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:40 AM

So anyone that has seen/read them: would you recommend Gunslinger Girl, Love Hina, Kami Kaze?

I was considering bidding in a snowball coming up, but would like some opinions:)

Gunslinger Girl is pure awesomeness, especially Season 1. Season 2 and the OAV are still good, but not as emotional (especially with the art shift).

If you don't like sad stuff, though, stay away.

And if you don't win the lowball, eBay usually has the DVD complete collection for around $16.

#2013 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:44 AM

Gunslinger Girl is pure awesomeness, especially Season 1. Season 2 and the OAV are still good, but not as emotional (especially with the art shift).

And if you don't win the lowball, eBay usually has the DVD complete collection for around $16.

cool, sounds like I'll go for that and pass on love hina (unless I can add it on for $1 or so, cause why not).

Any opinions on Kazi Kami manga?
If they had sliced open my belly, my lunch would have spilled out, and I would've had to eat it all over again!

#2014 Kay_Faraday

Kay_Faraday

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:56 AM

Obviously I'm new to CAG so I wanted to say hello. I love all types of anime, just started watching Soul Eater the other day but only got 2 episodes under my belt atm, I'm really enjoying it so far though. So hello all, hope to be a regular in this topic and to enjoy the discussions within.

soul eater is great. reminds me a lot of d grayman.

#2015 E Nice

E Nice

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:38 PM

Yeah, the second season of Gunslinger Girl was just butchered in anime form. What's more astounding is the manga writer had input on the making of second season and it turned out so bad.

As for the manga, good stuff until the introduction of Petrushka. All of the sudden it's like the writer got tired of the child soldiers and went for teen killer with the premise, not that the story telling was bad but everything stops to focus on her. Once it stops with Petrushka, it's like the writer had enough of either the original characters or the whole series, as it's then on a character death countdown.
Murk: We will bring you Bob Barker. We will bring you the limp and beaten body of Bob Barker! - BTVS

#2016 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:07 PM

Spoiler

Thanks for the spoilers, asshole.

Edited by elessar123, 22 April 2013 - 10:30 PM.

#2017 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:35 PM

Luffy's favorite burger ever.

#2018 Rogueleader17

Rogueleader17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:36 AM

Just watched Evangelion 3.33, amazing!

tachikoma_02.gif"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes."

#2019 Gden

Gden

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:51 AM

Read Love Hina,stay the Fuck away from the dub, though.

Fixed, because it's not completely bad in Japanese.

I'm not changing my signature until Busou Renkin, and Trizenon get licensed.
FC: Pokemon Pearl - 1160-6253-4611
Posted Image

#2020 themaster20000

themaster20000

You sleeping yet?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:00 AM

I remember trying to watch it back then dubbed,and I couldn't last more than 3 minutes of it.

#2021 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:31 AM

lol, that's so bad. I forgot she had an Osakan accent.

Edit: I also remember changing the audio back and forth while watching KareKano. The dubs in that was awful too.

#2022 Gden

Gden

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2013 - 01:28 PM

I have to disagree with you there. I liked KareKano's dub quite a lot. The only voice I had any problem with was Arima's, and that was just because it was bad casting, not because the guy couldn't act. (his voice was way too deep)
Posted Image

#2023 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:08 PM

Yukino's sisters were pretty bad. And the two mains couldn't act that well in a lot of scenes. It's apparent when you switch audio back and forth.

#2024 themaster20000

themaster20000

You sleeping yet?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 May 2013 - 11:26 PM

So Rightstuf has recently annouced that they will be releasing the rest of Gundam:Unicorn here on DVD.

Am interested in it,but I wanted to know how big of difference in quality their is between the Blu ray and the DVD.

#2025 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2013 - 02:18 AM

I have not purchased many RightStuf DVDs, but if they are the same quality as the Bandai DVDs, then they still look good on DVD.

Thing you have to keep in mind though is, is better picture quality worth spending over $200 for?

#2026 themaster20000

themaster20000

You sleeping yet?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2013 - 03:47 AM

I was most likely going to stick with the dvds since each Blu Ray of it goes for almost 50 bucks on there.

#2027 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2013 - 03:42 AM

If anyone is interested, One Piece starts airing on Adult Swim tonight.

#2028 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2013 - 03:44 AM

Started watching Attack on Titan...very interesting so far. Only have 6 episodes available I think so I'm eagerly awaiting the 7th to come out soon.

g92sOMa.png4lNop7I.pngEwYfNFu.pngauyL8J9.pngszbgEtP.pngSoNL9s6.png

#2029 roger watersmelon

roger watersmelon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 04:19 AM

Started watching Attack on Titan...very interesting so far. Only have 6 episodes available I think so I'm eagerly awaiting the 7th to come out soon.

I'll be interested in hearing your reaction after episode 7. I haven't seen it yet, but I've read enough of the Manga to know what will be in the episode.

I've really enjoyed the anime, and with Funimation officially announcing that they'll be the ones releasing it on disc it should be affordable to pick up as well.

#2030 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 10:11 PM

I've really enjoyed the anime, and with Funimation officially announcing that they'll be the ones releasing it on disc it should be affordable to pick up as well.

Don't expect to see any DVDs/Blu-rays until sometime in 2014.

#2031 3GSid

3GSid

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:32 PM

SO what have you guys been watching lately?

Lately have just been streaming Attack on Titan and Devil Survivor 2 off crunchyroll as far as new shows go (Really enjoying both of them so far),

But will probably pop ine one of my own sets that I haven't gotten around to watching soon. Leaning towards Gungrave or Welcome to the NHK

My Completed Anime List

http://myanimelist.n...tatus=2&order=4                      

Want 20% off brand new games? I can help you! Check my thread for details!

http://www.cheapassg...ion-animemanga/

#2032 Gden

Gden

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2013 - 12:09 AM

I just rewatched Cardcaptor Sakura, to both remind myself which disc was faulty, and to make sure all the discs still worked. Well, that and to rewatch it. (the disc that was faulty has been faulty since the day I got the sets back in 2005, or 6, but didn't want to try to deal with pioneer's shitty CS to get a replacement). I bought a replacement disc off amazon, recently.
Posted Image

#2033 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2013 - 12:31 AM

I have been trying to get through my unwatched backlog. I finished up Ouran Host Club and am currently watching Stratos 4. Still have Gravion, Baka & Test, Sailor Moon S, Angel Beats, Naruto Shippuden 12-14, Persona 4, Infinite Statos, Clannad, Demon King Daimao, Tiger & Bunny, and Birdy the Mighty: Decode. Probably forgetting a bunch. That isn't counting series I have that I haven't watched in a long time. I haven't watched Escaflowne or Fruits Basket in almost a decade.

Also getting back into Shonen Jump since the last issue I read was back in December.

#2034 tangytangerine

tangytangerine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:00 AM

I have been trying to get through my unwatched backlog.

Yeah, I know the feeling. Been trying to get to my backlog, but I usually watch the stuff simulcasting right now first. I've got Blue Gender, Burst Angel, Fate/Stay Night, Speed Grapher, Princess Resurrection and Baka & Test S2 that I'd like to hopefully get through by the end of the summer.

#2035 Kay_Faraday

Kay_Faraday

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:25 AM

I just rewatched Cardcaptor Sakura, to both remind myself which disc was faulty, and to make sure all the discs still worked. Well, that and to rewatch it. (the disc that was faulty has been faulty since the day I got the sets back in 2005, or 6, but didn't want to try to deal with pioneer's shitty CS to get a replacement). I bought a replacement disc off amazon, recently.

I loved that show when I was in middle school. One of the very few animes where the dub is better imo.

#2036 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2013 - 01:22 PM

I loved that show when I was in middle school. One of the very few animes where the dub is better imo.

...Seriously? Or are you talking about Movie 2?

Because Nelvana's Cardcaptors dub was awful.

#2037 Gden

Gden

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2013 - 01:47 PM

I was watching Cardcaptor sakura, not the Cardcaptors abortion.
Posted Image

#2038 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2013 - 02:05 PM

I was watching Cardcaptor sakura, not the Cardcaptors abortion.

But he mentioned the dub. Unless there's another dub out there, Nelvana's been the only dub for the series/first movie.

Part of me doesn't want Sentai or FUNimation to license rescue CCS because I hated Monica Rial as Sakura in the Tsubasa dub.

#2039 Gden

Gden

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:30 PM

I don't think they'd get Monica Rial to do young Sakura since that was older teenage Sakura (although I didn't mind her as Sakura), I'm thinking more like Jessica Boone as her, or maybe Meilin would probably make sense. I hope they do what they did for Hiro's voice from Fruits basket, and get a young boy to do the voice of Shaoran, instead of a girl. I also rewatched the second movie, and though the dub is not perfect, it's still at least halfway decent, and they only grossly mis-pronounced Sakura's name once.
Posted Image

#2040 Kay_Faraday

Kay_Faraday

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 12:33 AM

...Seriously? Or are you talking about Movie 2?

Because Nelvana's Cardcaptors dub was awful.

the one that aired on kids wb :lol: