Photo
* * * * * 6 votes

Anime & Manga Thread Vol. 2: Za Warudo!!!

• Please log in to reply
3127 replies to this topic

#2071 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2013 - 01:34 AM

Anyone else wishing they would finally make Ash officially a teenager?

They were writing him as a teenager in DP, but his age reset in BW.

At this point, Ash will grow up when Bart Simpson grows up.

#2072 thenexus6

thenexus6

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2013 - 07:35 AM

Started watching Naruto again after what a four year break.. Just started season two of shippuden

Blade_Runner_2-1.jpg

the-nexus6.png

I'm going to let you in on a little secret. Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don't plan it. Don't wait for it. Just let it happen. It could be a new shirt at the men's store, a catnap in your office chair, or two cups of good, hot black coffee.
https://twitter.com/saunderscowie

#2073 moon_knight

moon_knight

Gotta Have Blue Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2013 - 08:20 PM

Anybody watching Aku no Hana (AKA - The evil flower) ? Its on crunchy-roll

I read the manga, but the art style of the anime bugged me so I never checked it out.

#2074 thenexus6

thenexus6

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2013 - 08:45 PM

I've read all manga upto date, only seen first two episodes but will watch rest eventually

Blade_Runner_2-1.jpg

the-nexus6.png

I'm going to let you in on a little secret. Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don't plan it. Don't wait for it. Just let it happen. It could be a new shirt at the men's store, a catnap in your office chair, or two cups of good, hot black coffee.

#2075 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2013 - 07:25 PM

Does anyone here still subscribe to Shonen Jump Alpha and if you do, which series do you read? I am enjoying Cross Barrage and Nisekoi. One Punch Man is...odd.

#2076 Indignate

Indignate

Hell Yeah, I’m the Motherfucking Princess!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2013 - 10:47 PM

Started watching Naruto again after what a four year break.. Just started season two of shippuden

As someone who also hasn't seen it since the original series, is it worth it? I've been haphazardly reading the manga, so it would be nice to get back into it not just for the fights.

I play bad games

If anyone isn't going to use their code I'd love them forever.

I don't like Godzilla.

#2077 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2013 - 02:45 AM

As someone who also hasn't seen it since the original series, is it worth it? I've been haphazardly reading the manga, so it would be nice to get back into it not just for the fights.
It is up and down. The first two arcs in the anime suffer from horrible padding due to trying to avoid filler. A couple arcs after that it enters its dark period (in Western eyes anyway) as it focuses on Sasuke and Naruto has a certain moment that made Western fans go batshit crazy. The Pain arc is really good, until the finale. The current arc in the manga (which is split into several smaller arcs a la the Hueco Mundo arc in Bleach) has had its ups and downs but is mostly positive and gives a crapton of backstory to the Hidden Leaf, the former Hokages, and the Uchiha clan.

Whether you can take the battles depends on your suspension of disbelief limit. If you thought the power levels got crazy at the end of DBZ and Yu Yu Hakusho, you are NOT going to like Shippuden. Let's just say that the Neji/Naruto battle is about the level of Mook vs. Mook in the current art. Oh, and Kishimoto is channeling his inner Tomino.

#2078 thenexus6

thenexus6

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2013 - 07:40 AM

^ Yeah I agree, when Naruto was good it was epic. I would literally watch episodes one after another non-stop. However fillers were pretty annoyinh. I must of skipped like 20-30 episodes towards the end due to filler. Shippuden seems okay at the moment though.

Blade_Runner_2-1.jpg

the-nexus6.png

#2079 INMATEofARKHAM

INMATEofARKHAM

Looking for my padded cell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:00 PM

Not trying to be a nuisance but with the forum move and news on new consoles I just want to make sure that anyone interested in my stuff please contact me before its, well, gone...

One thing of note...  If you get a PM from me (obviously, because I'm replying to you) at least be polite enough and reply back...  Its really all I ask.

I was suggested that I post this in another thread I had started.... Anyhow, sometime in the mid 2000s my wife and I decided we should watch/collect Amine so we did just that.... The collect part, not so much the watch part. I have three boxes of anime. Some of its sealed but most of its not sealed... but pretty much all of its not been watched. It is all on DVD. (Original DVDs)

Anyhow, its been taking up space for too long... and its time to move it out.

So, besides asking you all is their any resources I can look at to figure out fair market value for this stuff?

Trade Thread Link (Note: I'm more than willing to look at trade lists...)

Trade List

Spoiler

Anyhow, thank you all for your time and responses. :)

#2080 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:26 PM

Funimation has licensed Evangelion 3.0

#2081 moon_knight

moon_knight

Gotta Have Blue Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:42 AM

Yay more Rei :whee:

#2082 fujishig

fujishig

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:39 PM

Does anyone here still subscribe to Shonen Jump Alpha and if you do, which series do you read? I am enjoying Cross Barrage and Nisekoi. One Punch Man is...odd.

I do.  Of course I read all the series, but because as a kid I was a huge Shonen Jump tournament fan (Kinnikuman, St. Seiya, Dragonball, etc.) my favorites are still stuff like One Piece and Naruto, and now Toriko.  Nisekoi just annoys me, but that may be because I have no idea what's going on (I had a similar problem with Rise of the Yokai), so it may make more sense after it picks up.  I like Cross Game and World Trigger.  Actually, the one I really have no interest in is that Yugioh series, and even the Kenshin remake I was lackluster about (and I love Kenshin).

One Punch Man is actually a web/digital comic, which is why it has these odd transitions, but I've always been a fan of the artist and the series is quirky.

Seems like Gantz is finally ending, but Attack on Titan is getting pretty good...

#2083 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:38 PM

The only series I really don't like is Toriko. Just never got into it.

Not sure how you can not understand Nisekoi. The gang wars thing that pops up every few chapters is one thing, but the majority of the chapters are episodic romcom chapters.

Naruto and Bleach have gotten really good lately. I like how the characters in Naruto are actually using their heads and not pulling out super jutsu out of their ass every other chapter. It doesn't hurt that certain characters returning brought a smile to my face. As for Bleach, this feels like the arc Kubo initially wanted to make after Soul Society, as it is tying pretty much every hanging plot thread together.

#2084 themaster20000

themaster20000

You sleeping yet?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 June 2013 - 10:40 PM

Finally finished Texhnolyze.Great show,but god damn that ending was depressing as hell,though it's not surprising considering the whole show was depressing.

#2085 Gden

Gden

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:16 AM

Expecting a happy ending out of an anime from that man is like expecting Niea under 7 to make any goddamn sense.  Although, that show is a relatively happy anime from that guy.

I'm not changing my signature until Busou Renkin, and Trizenon get licensed.
FC: Pokemon Pearl - 1160-6253-4611
Posted Image

#2086 tangytangerine

tangytangerine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2013 - 09:12 PM

Working my way through Birdy the Mighty Decode & I My Me Strawberry Eggs.  Don't know if it's due to being tired of this season's simulcast shows, but really liking both shows so far(at ep. 7 of Birdy & ep. 4 of Strawberry Eggs).

Also wondering what I should do about a Amazon order I got today.  Ordered Koihime Muso Complete Collection, but got Nyan Koi Complete Collection(stickered as Koihime).  Wondering if I should just keep it or send it back, since there's a $20 difference between what I paid and what the cheapest copy is listed for.  Although it is getting an english dub re-release in September.

#2087 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2013 - 04:12 AM

So, I finally got around to watching my Sailor Moon S discs. Hadn't seen the show since it aired on Toonami.

I had forgotten how screechy the dub was...

EDIT: Oh yea, before I forget. Ichigo's newest upgrade in Bleach looks so badass.

#2088 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:05 PM

EDIT: Oh yea, before I forget. Ichigo's newest upgrade in Bleach looks so badass.

Even though we haven't seen much of his new Zanpakuto, yeah it looks cool. What really impressed me though was how Kubo

Spoiler

#2089 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:45 PM

Yea, the way Kubo has managed to justify pretty much every single ass pull in the series is quite impressive.

#2090 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:04 PM

Yea, the way Kubo has managed to justify pretty much every single ass pull in the series is quite impressive.

do you guys read one piece also?

#2091 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:57 PM

I read it in the magazine, but I have not read any of the chapters that were skipped in the print magazine. I enjoy One Piece, but nowhere near enough to own it.

#2092 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:25 PM

I read it in the magazine, but I have not read any of the chapters that were skipped in the print magazine. I enjoy One Piece, but nowhere near enough to own it.

i mostly read manga from online websites

#2093 Panda Wizardry

Panda Wizardry

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:58 AM

I finished watching Soul Eater and it was a very fun show.

I'm now watching Eureka 7. I was on the fence about this show but it started to get really good at episode 15.

Please check out my channel: Alan Bytes Back!

MyAnimeList

#2094 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2013 - 03:34 AM

do you guys read one piece also?

Yeah I read One Piece but I think the Dressrosa Arc has been a snooze fest so far. It looks like things are picking up, but I'm still not that interested right now.

Honestly, I think Bleach and Naruto are far more enjoyable reads then One Piece at the moment. It might have something to do with Oda's health, but who knows.

I finished watching Soul Eater and it was a very fun show.

If you haven't read the Soul Eater manga yet, I'd suggest giving it a try. There's only one more chapter left before the series ends.

#2095 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2013 - 04:53 AM

Yeah I read One Piece but I think the Dressrosa Arc has been a snooze fest so far. It looks like things are picking up, but I'm still not that interested right now.

Honestly, I think Bleach and Naruto are far more enjoyable reads then One Piece at the moment. It might have something to do with Oda's health, but who knows.

If you haven't read the Soul Eater manga yet, I'd suggest giving it a try. There's only one more chapter left before the series ends.

how serious is odas health concerns? the bleach storyline surprised me with ichigos mother.

#2096 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2013 - 05:51 AM

I didn't know that and read the last chapter where Maka/Soul got that powerup!  Guess there's not much after Asura though there needs to be more explanation about Shinigami and the 8 warriors

Bleach stopped being intriguing after Aizen.  The backstory of Ichigo's mom and zanpaktou were kind of interesting though.  Thought she would have been a human with fullbring.

Naruto just needs to end, hopefully Kishi doesn't make it bland.

The last One Piece chapter brought high hopes especially if everyone's right about the "twist".

HnI, I really hope Ippo doesn't win and ends up fighting to either a draw or loses by decision in next fight. 

Kenichi, some "good guy" weapon users need to show up to bring some change.

FT, not sure what else can happen since tt was introduced.  I thought this would be better than Rave but it really seems like it'll be ending maybe by the end of the year.

There's lots of other series I need to catch up on but haven't felt like marathoning through them.

I just want HxH back but I guess Togashi is grinding away in DQ X on the Wii U.

PM for BB GCU and Elite+ services!

#2097 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2013 - 04:40 AM

how serious is odas health concerns? the bleach storyline surprised me with ichigos mother.

I don't really know any specifics, but he has had to take breaks multiple times over the last couple months.

I just want HxH back but I guess Togashi is grinding away in DQ X on the Wii U.

If you need a HxH fix, why not watch the anime that's airing? I'm enjoying finally getting to see the Chimera Ant Arc in animated form.

#2098 Razzuel

Razzuel

People are idiots.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2013 - 01:09 PM

So Chihayafuru 2 just ended yesterday. I thought it was the perfect way to end season 2, and it continues to be one of my favorite shows ever. I really hope Madhouse and the Chihayafuru team get to do a season 3.

So after watching the final episode yesterday and after seeing someone on Twitter sell a Yuru Yuri tshirt that he designed, I got the idea to design my own tshirt based on the Mizusawa High School Karuta Club shirts that the team wears in the anime.

It took me about four hours to design and the tshirt only gets made if 50 shirts are reserved. So if anyone is interested in buying their own Mizusawa High School Karuta club shirt, I would really appreciate it (I want to own one too)!

#2099 Panda Wizardry

Panda Wizardry

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2013 - 06:43 PM

So Chihayafuru 2 just ended yesterday. I thought it was the perfect way to end season 2, and it continues to be one of my favorite shows ever. I really hope Madhouse and the Chihayafuru team get to do a season 3.

So after watching the final episode yesterday and after seeing someone on Twitter sell a Yuru Yuri tshirt that he designed, I got the idea to design my own tshirt based on the Mizusawa High School Karuta Club shirts that the team wears in the anime.

It took me about four hours to design and the tshirt only gets made if 50 shirts are reserved. So if anyone is interested in buying their own Mizusawa High School Karuta club shirt, I would really appreciate it (I want to own one too)!

How are you able to pull something like this off without getting sued? Also, will you be making any money off this?

Please check out my channel: Alan Bytes Back!

MyAnimeList

#2100 Razzuel

Razzuel

People are idiots.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2013 - 11:13 PM

How are you able to pull something like this off without getting sued? Also, will you be making any money off this?

All of the proceeds will be used to purchase official Chihayafuru merchandise that I will give away as prizes to the people who buy shirts through a random drawing, so no — I will personally gain nothing from this beside the creation of the shirt itself, which I have to pay for myself to get one, haha.

An official version of this shirt doesn't exist and I'm not making any money off of this (I'm actually losing money), so I don't see the problem. Also, suing is pretty extreme, haha. If the creators were to do anything, they'd just tell me to take it down, but I don't see any harm in letting this exist. You should also keep in mind that even if an official version of this shirt was created, they'd only be selling it with their own local (Japanese) market in mind, whereas the people buying this shirt are mainly from the US and Europe where the show is unlicensed anyway.