Photo
* * * * * 6 votes

Anime & Manga Thread Vol. 2: Za Warudo!!!

• Please log in to reply
3140 replies to this topic

#2761 moon_knight

moon_knight

Gotta Have Blue Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2014 - 08:50 PM

Well, I don't mind it, but most of my info comes from TV Tropes.

Damn, I was hoping you were a fellow perv.

#2762 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2014 - 08:53 PM

Oh, believe me, I am very pervy. Just not for One Piece.

I mean, Heaven's Lost Property has become one of my favorite shows ever.

Speaking of favorite shows, while Gundam Build Fighters had an awesome ending, I am incredibly saddened to see it end. There MUST be a second season!

#2763 Rodimus

Rodimus

I'm Different

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2014 - 09:30 PM

The first episode of Baccano! had me scratching my head thinking "wtf is going on?" But after I few more episodes I see that was the intent. Things are falling into place. Can't wait to get home tonight watch a few more.

#2764 genderbreak

genderbreak

what am i doing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2014 - 02:05 AM

Baccano! is probably my favorite anime. Glad to see someone else enjoying it.

Also, caught up with the Hunter x Hunter manga, and the chimera ant arc was so much more palatable in the manga than it is in the anime. Looking forward to when Togashi writes some more chapters. I too started the Kuroko no Basuke manga and read what is scanlated of the Hoozuki no Reitetsu manga (whose anime is one of my favorites for the season) and the Hamatora manga.

Also finished Golden Time, Hamatora, Kill la Kill, Pupa, Space Dandy, Strange+, and Tonari no Seki-kun, all of which I enjoyed except for Pupa, which was not even tolerable. Not very surprised since the manga isn't very impressive either, but it was short and had small episodes so it's no big deal. Hopefully going to finish Gin no Saji season two today.

don't touch me

#2765 Rodimus

Rodimus

I'm Different

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2014 - 01:02 PM

Tonari no Seki-kun and Space Dandy are done? I need to pick up on them.

Also started watching Welcome to NHK. Sorta perverted so it's something I have watch while the wife sleeps.

#2766 genderbreak

genderbreak

what am i doing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2014 - 04:48 PM

Yeah, and Space Dandy is confirmed for a second season, airing sometime in the summer. I think July.

Welcome to the NHK was... interesting.

don't touch me

#2767 themaster20000

themaster20000

You sleeping yet?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2014 - 06:44 PM

Welcome to the NHK was a good show,but really overrated.It focused too much on the comedy and not on the darker stuff.Also Misaki's character wasn't as good in the show,that and the characters were off model so much that it came off as lazy.

#2768 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2014 - 04:29 AM

Viz announced that they're going to publish the DBZ one-shot about Goku's mom in their digital version of WSJ next month.

#2769 tangytangerine

tangytangerine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2014 - 04:55 AM

Tonari no Seki-kun and Space Dandy are done? I need to pick up on them.

No, Tonari no Seki-kun is still airing.  Kinda like Nisekoi, it's running a partial season in the Spring too and will end when it reaches ep. 21.

#2770 Rodimus

Rodimus

I'm Different

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2014 - 05:37 AM

tumblr_inline_myyfc0CDf61rovkcu.gif

#2771 genderbreak

genderbreak

what am i doing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2014 - 07:49 PM

Whoops, my bad. Could've sworn it was done airing. 

So far, I've watched the pilots for Blade and Soul, Selector Infected WIXOSS, and Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou as for this season. Blade and Soul seems decent, Selector Infected seems like it'll likely be bad, and Bokura seems good so far. I'm liking the animation. 

don't touch me

#2772 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2014 - 02:46 AM

Whoops, my bad. Could've sworn it was done airing. 

So far, I've watched the pilots for Blade and Soul, Selector Infected WIXOSS, and Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou as for this season. Blade and Soul seems decent, Selector Infected seems like it'll likely be bad, and Bokura seems good so far. I'm liking the animation. 

blade and soul looks really bland to me, just saw captain earth today. i like the art style, and animation. it reminds me of erueka 7, and star driver.

#2773 moon_knight

moon_knight

Gotta Have Blue Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2014 - 04:33 PM

Guys, I think I'm gonnna go crazy. I always end up in arguments about Gurren Lagann and it feels so futile.

#2774 Rodimus

Rodimus

I'm Different

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2014 - 04:53 PM

Crunchyroll got the first part of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (Phantom Blood). I watched it all last night, I just couldn't stop. Such a male chauvinistic anime. Most the time it makes no god damn sense, but that's why I like it.

#2775 themaster20000

themaster20000

You sleeping yet?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2014 - 05:37 PM

Started the manga Uzumaki recently. Excellent horror manga,but my main issue is other than Shuichi everyone treats all this abnormal shit happening like it's an every day thing.

#2776 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2014 - 07:38 PM

Guys, I think I'm gonnna go crazy. I always end up in arguments about Gurren Lagann and it feels so futile.

For what it's worth I don't think it's that great either.

Hey, you look like you have a lot of money; how about donating some of it to my Extra Life drive?

#2777 moon_knight

moon_knight

Gotta Have Blue Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2014 - 01:03 AM

^ Thanks, that means a lot to me :') 

#2778 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2014 - 03:39 AM

Gurren Lagann is awesomesauce.

GaoGaiGar though....not so much. I actually never finished watching it because of the damn bad guys strobing effects kept giving me headaches.

#2779 moon_knight

moon_knight

Gotta Have Blue Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2014 - 04:44 AM

You're awesomesauce. Gurren Lagann not so much. I don't even know what a GaoGaiGar is.

#2780 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2014 - 09:23 AM

I don't even know what a GaoGaiGar is.

Super Robot series from the late 90's and one of the series in the King of Braves series (though it's the only one most Western anime fans know of). Helped usher in the large amount of Super Robot shows in the early 00's. Media Blasters released the series a few years ago, but due to low sales (part of it the strobing effect bad guys, part of it the horrible packaging, and part of it was the general aversion most people had to non-digital animation) the dub was cancelled halfway through and the rest of the show was released sub-only.

#2781 lilman

lilman

Only the ordinary.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2014 - 01:58 PM

Finished Monogatari series (Bake, Nise, Neko, and Second Season). It was outstanding! So glad I started watching subbed anime. Looking forward to the third (final?) season.

Got around to watching the Fairy Dance arc of Sword Art Online. I see now why it was so poorly received. It's not that I hated watching it, but coming from how much I like the Aincard arc, Fairy Dance is very disappointing. I think the main problem is

Spoiler

#2782 Rodimus

Rodimus

I'm Different

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2014 - 02:34 PM

Another thing about the fairy arc of SAO is that they take the strong female lead Asuna and just shit all over her. Now she's the weak victim and it really destroys her character. Plus the whole arc was just creepy with bunch of taboo elements like rape and incest. Like you said, I didn't hate it but it was disappointing.

#2783 moon_knight

moon_knight

Gotta Have Blue Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2014 - 08:28 PM

SAO gradually weakened Asuna's character, the fairy arc just put the final nail in the coffin. I think the whole show should have been set in the first mmo.

Super Robot series from the late 90's and one of the series in the King of Braves series (though it's the only one most Western anime fans know of). Helped usher in the large amount of Super Robot shows in the early 00's. Media Blasters released the series a few years ago, but due to low sales (part of it the strobing effect bad guys, part of it the horrible packaging, and part of it was the general aversion most people had to non-digital animation) the dub was cancelled halfway through and the rest of the show was released sub-only.

Sounds like something I would love.

#2784 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2014 - 08:36 PM

just saw black bullet, other than the silly premise/ plot. nice animation.

#2785 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2014 - 10:04 PM

Sounds like something I would love.

Like I said, the biggest problem is the bad guy's lair. Every time we see the lair, it has a heavy strobing effect. Every. Single. Time.

#2786 awesometown

awesometown

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2014 - 10:20 PM

Watched the first episodes of Black Bullet, One Week Friends, Kawai Complex Guide to Manors and Hostel Behavior, Irregular at Magic High School and Brynhildr in the Darkness.  All are nothing special, but entertaining enough to keep watching.  I did find Kawai really funny and One Week Friends really cute.  Still need to check out Captain Earth and finish up the original Mushi-shi before watching the new season.

#2787 Rodimus

Rodimus

I'm Different

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2014 - 01:10 AM

Aright, Spring season is here. What new shows should I be watching?

#2788 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2014 - 01:48 AM

Aright, Spring season is here. What new shows should I be watching?

I just watched the pilot for Black Bullet and found it pretty entertaining (but maybe I just have a thing for badass lolis).

Hey, you look like you have a lot of money; how about donating some of it to my Extra Life drive?

#2789 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2014 - 04:08 AM

The first 2 Berserk movies are free to watch on Hulu until the 13th. Both have the sub and dub available to pick from.

And it took a while, but the new chapter of One Piece finally confirms

Spoiler

#2790 genderbreak

genderbreak

what am i doing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2014 - 07:35 PM

So far, Baby Steps, Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou, Captain Earth, Haikyuu!!, Isshuukan Friends, Mangaka-san to Assistant-san, and Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii seem good. Although, I would recommend you read the manga for Haikyuu!! in addition to watching it (or instead, or before) if you like reading manga.

don't touch me