CAGcast #203: Kazoo!

• Please log in to reply
178 replies to this topic

#1 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 30 June 2010 - 05:45 AM

This week's show features Transformers: War for Cybertron and the introduction of everyone's soon to be favorite game, "Look Who's Hating Cheapy Too." We've also got the latest gaming and shopping news, your CAGbag and Twitter questions and much more!

Download - 92 minutes, 42MB
iTunes: Subscribe - Review
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Support the CAGcast with these GoDaddy coupon codes:
10% off any order = CAG10
$5 off $30 = CAG5OFF30
$7.49 domain = CAGDOMAIN

Show Linkage/Notes (click the button below to expand):

Edited by CheapyD, 30 June 2010 - 06:10 AM.

#2 Chrisness

Chrisness

Posted 30 June 2010 - 06:12 AM

Wombat was an asshat at the start of this episode.

Wombat you must listen to The Geekbox.

Also I think Hulu monthly is meant for people WITHOUT cable.

Tales of Vesperia is awesome.

I'm REALLY glad I decided to reserve the new 360. Gamestop will let you still trade in an xbox for $100 if you reserved it when the deal was going on. My Xbox is a LAUNCH system so it's worth less than $100.

Edited by Mahoney07, 30 June 2010 - 07:51 AM.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I play Halo 3, Rainbow Six, SSBB, Carcassonne, Worms, others online. PM me to play SSBB, send friend request to play Xbox Live.

#3 misterine

misterine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2010 - 06:15 AM

:D!

#4 E*Master

E*Master

Cross Border Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2010 - 06:18 AM

Damnit! Just when I am at work and can't sync with iTunes in order to listen to this on the ride home! Damnit!
Cross Border Gaming Podcast- http://crossbordergaming.com Discussing the latest games, busting Wombat's chops, and hating on PETA.

My CAG Blog

#5 spineynorman

spineynorman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2010 - 06:20 AM

I'm nervous starting this one. Here goes...

#6 paintball745

paintball745

PHD in deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2010 - 06:40 AM

Glad to see CheapyD say sorry to Wombat at the start.

#7 PacManster17

PacManster17

Nonstop gaming marathons!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2010 - 07:04 AM

Perfect timing, started downloading right when I opened itunes! Let the apologizing and entertainment begin!
Posted Image

Spoiler

#8 NickPedro

NickPedro

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2010 - 07:16 AM

Sweet timing! Got something to listen to as I trim my massive lawn tomorrow...wait...Does that sound too sexual?

Edited by NickPedro, 30 June 2010 - 07:51 AM.

#9 Bluntsly

Bluntsly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2010 - 07:26 AM

Fitting intro, haha.

#10 Swoxx

Swoxx

Resident Swede

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2010 - 07:43 AM

Wow really, you didn't even think it was that bad cheapy? strange how the rest of the community seemed to be able to see how bad it was. now lets listen to the rest of the show.

The 5 people who had quotes about cheapy was almost a little awkward as well tbh, on the other side the atmosphere in this show seems better than its been in a lot of the past ones, you've all seemed kind of disjointed lately but this show brought it back to snuff! I guess all marriages need to go through a rough patch to see how much they really appreciate each other!

Also Cheapy really had me fooled with that wombat wasn't gonna be on the show, i think this is the first time cheapy nailed the intro joke!

Good show!

Edited by Swoxx, 30 June 2010 - 08:09 AM.

#11 Fjordson

Fjordson

Posted 30 June 2010 - 07:54 AM

I'm glad to hear Cheapy apologize. I actually fell for the bait that Wombat wasn't on the show and was about to get depressed.

Glad that this is something they can move on from :applause:

#12 drew327

drew327

Posted 30 June 2010 - 08:17 AM

Man my wife LOVES banana ice cream. She makes me take her to goodberries everytime that is the flavor of the day...

On the topic of move light gun games, Cheapy said he wanted a virtua cop collection, how about a time crisis one:

http://blog.us.plays...comment-page-2/

#13 drew327

drew327

Posted 30 June 2010 - 08:25 AM

Also, I think Robert Ashley's voice and delivery on a Life Well Wasted is part of the charm of the show.

#14 milkham

milkham

Master Massaginist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2010 - 08:36 AM

Cheapy, you should see if you can catch Robert Ashley when he's on another podcast, when that guy talks normally he sounds TOTALLY high. Oh and the golden girls theme was a nice touch.
Posted Image
^^^^^That is Waka Inoue^^^^^^

Check My List | [url=http://flickr.com/photos/milkman/]My Flickr Page |

#15 spannu

spannu

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2010 - 08:53 AM

I wanted to suggest that Wombat check out http://wombat.youaremyfriend.com/ but I guess it died sometime in the last ten years, so I'll have to settle for http://wombat.youarelame.com/ instead.

#16 Sashka

Sashka

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2010 - 08:54 AM

Anyone listen to NoobToob? It's a great podcast I think..really damn funny.

#17 Boss★Moogle

Boss★Moogle

てぃもの魂の伴侶

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2010 - 09:12 AM

I'm really glad to hear somebody in the "media" say that Red Dead Redemption is overrated.

P.S.: lol @ golden girls theme song closing the show, kinda sad that betty's the only one left.

Edited by roymustang, 30 June 2010 - 09:31 AM.

ostzsk.jpg

#18 erikj1508

erikj1508

Posted 30 June 2010 - 10:42 AM

thanks guys, the best cagcast in a while, the last one ended with a cliffhanger, thus i couldnt really wait for this one. good show nevertheless..

#19 Quintessence

Quintessence

The Darkness Consumes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2010 - 11:12 AM

I met Cheapy at the CAG party and he seemed like a nice guy. I said, "Big ass chains" to him and he said something funny back. There you go!

:bouncy: Free Cash and Prizes :bouncy:

Sign-up: PrizeRebel

100% free and quick to earn.

#20 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Church of Falcon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2010 - 11:14 AM

Thanks for the show! I really wasn't expecting another one so soon, I figured you guys may take a week off since last week's show was so big. Downloading now.

#21 DarkNessBear

DarkNessBear

Posted 30 June 2010 - 11:17 AM

My CHEAPY impressions;

Well, I didn't meet CD at this years E3 which was disappointing. But I did at last years Joystiq party and I have to say he was insanely nice when I met him. Shipwreck was more awkward/standoffish so I was surprised to hear the opposite with Wombats anon impressions. Cheapy took a picture with me even though he just stepped into the party and was happy to do so.

Great guy and I regret not going to the 2010 CAG party (was too tired!). I never met Wombat though, so I can't give my impressions. But I'm sure he's a douche.
Spoiler

But for the douchiest internet "celeb" I have met has to go to Ryan Davis (from Giant Bomb). I ran into him on the show floor (this E3) and let him know that I'm a big fan of his show and that I think he's a great guy and he basically said, "Yea... ok... we are going to film now" in a class A douche way. Also, Brian Krecente(?) seemed like a stuck up ass as well.
360/PS3/PC/Wii Owner Currently playing: U3, Skyrim, AC:R

#22 shipwreck

shipwreck

CAG Reviews Editor

• Super Moderators

Posted 30 June 2010 - 11:33 AM

Sorry if I came off standoffish. Just plain awkward was what I was going for. :) Honestly, I was extremely tired at the Joystiq party last year and dozed off a bit afterwards when Cheapy and I went to see Star Trek. To be honest, I was a lot more outgoing at this year's E3. At least I think I was...

My CHEAPY impressions;

Well, I didn't meet CD at this years E3 which was disappointing. But I did at last years Joystiq party and I have to say he was insanely nice when I met him. Shipwreck was more awkward/standoffish so I was surprised to hear the opposite with Wombats anon impressions. Cheapy took a picture with me even though he just stepped into the party and was happy to do so.

Great guy and I regret not going to the 2010 CAG party (was too tired!). I never met Wombat though, so I can't give my impressions. But I'm sure he's a douche.

Spoiler

But for the douchiest internet "celeb" I have met has to go to Ryan Davis (from Giant Bomb). I ran into him on the show floor (this E3) and let him know that I'm a big fan of his show and that I think he's a great guy and he basically said, "Yea... ok... we are going to film now" in a class A douche way. Also, Brian Krecente(?) seemed like a stuck up ass as well.

"Red-Headed Pain In The Ass" - Wombat
Posted Image

#23 Wickedsoul

Wickedsoul

Posted 30 June 2010 - 11:43 AM

I agree with Cheapy with regards to E3 this year. The entire event was extremely boring. The focus on motion controls (which I have no interest in) was dull. I think some interesting games were shown but were overshadowed by casual stuff. Which is a shame since E3 isn't necessarily targeting a casual gaming crowd or at least it won't be viewed by one :)

Great Cagcast guyz look forward to the next one.

#24 snargles

snargles

Posted 30 June 2010 - 11:54 AM

Cheapy, I was wrong and I'm sorry...

#25 snargles

snargles

Posted 30 June 2010 - 12:01 PM

I'm sorry for the hurtful comments

#26 wayno187

wayno187

Posted 30 June 2010 - 12:15 PM

I hope this isn't a big apology episode where they just throw a pity party for Wombat. God forbid people say what they feel..... and then entertain us by broadcasting it.

Edited by wayno187, 30 June 2010 - 12:29 PM.

Posted Image

#27 wiiheat

wiiheat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2010 - 12:31 PM

HONEST TO FUCKING GOD!!!

Can you get out the Ice Cream and talk about your vaginas as a tack-on to the VIDEO GAME podcast next time?

#28 Wickedsoul

Wickedsoul

Posted 30 June 2010 - 12:31 PM

I hope this isn't a big apology episode where they just throw a pity party for Wombat. God forbid people say what they feel..... and then entertain us by broadcasting it.

lol it has a small apology segment. But overall i thought it was a good cast. :whee:

#29 Dakinggamer

Dakinggamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2010 - 12:41 PM

Downloading it to listen at work tomorrow!!:)
My Game Collection
Dakinggamer's Paradise
Want: Wii u, PS4, Xbox 720

#30 Curufinwe

Curufinwe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2010 - 12:44 PM

They apologized on the Bombcast to everyone they had to blow off at E3 because they were so busy. Grab a wet wipe and rinse out the sand, dude.

Curufinwe5503.png? Curufinwe.jpg