CAGcast #203: Kazoo!

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[preview][IMG-L=5838]15060[/IMG-L]This week's show features Transformers: War for Cybertron and the introduction of everyone's soon to be favorite game, "Look Who's Hating Cheapy Too." We've also got the latest gaming and shopping news, your CAGbag and Twitter questions and much more!

[podcast]112[/podcast]
Download - 92 minutes, 42MB
iTunes: Subscribe - Review

Support the CAGcast with these GoDaddy coupon codes:
10% off any order = CAG10
$5 off $30 = CAG5OFF30
$7.49 domain = CAGDOMAIN[/preview]

Show Linkage/Notes (click the button below to expand):

Last edited by a moderator:
Wombat was an asshat at the start of this episode.

Wombat you must listen to The Geekbox.

Also I think Hulu monthly is meant for people WITHOUT cable.

Tales of Vesperia is awesome.

I'm REALLY glad I decided to reserve the new 360. Gamestop will let you still trade in an xbox for $100 if you reserved it when the deal was going on. My Xbox is a LAUNCH system so it's worth less than $100.

Damnit! Just when I am at work and can't sync with iTunes in order to listen to this on the ride home! Damnit!

Sweet timing! Got something to listen to as I trim my massive lawn tomorrow...wait...Does that sound too sexual?

Wow really, you didn't even think it was that bad cheapy? strange how the rest of the community seemed to be able to see how bad it was. now lets listen to the rest of the show.

The 5 people who had quotes about cheapy was almost a little awkward as well tbh, on the other side the atmosphere in this show seems better than its been in a lot of the past ones, you've all seemed kind of disjointed lately but this show brought it back to snuff! I guess all marriages need to go through a rough patch to see how much they really appreciate each other!

Also Cheapy really had me fooled with that wombat wasn't gonna be on the show, i think this is the first time cheapy nailed the intro joke!

Good show!

I'm glad to hear Cheapy apologize. I actually fell for the bait that Wombat wasn't on the show and was about to get depressed.

Glad that this is something they can move on from :applause:

I'm not going to feel too bad for Wombat.:) Wombat once made fun and laughed at a caller on one of their live CAGcast shows. The caller was in his early teens, I believe, and seemed nervous. When he asked his question, Wombat proceeded to make fun of the kid for his question while laughing throughout the call. I felt really bad for the kid. I'm not sure, but I think Wombat mentioned his apology to the kid on the next CAGcast, saying that after the show, he contacted the the caller to apologize. Wombat can be a jerk sometimes too.:)

Cheapy, you should see if you can catch Robert Ashley when he's on another podcast, when that guy talks normally he sounds TOTALLY high. Oh and the golden girls theme was a nice touch.

I'm really glad to hear somebody in the "media" say that Red Dead Redemption is overrated.

P.S.: lol @ golden girls theme song closing the show, kinda sad that betty's the only one left.

thanks guys, the best cagcast in a while, the last one ended with a cliffhanger, thus i couldnt really wait for this one. good show nevertheless..

I met Cheapy at the CAG party and he seemed like a nice guy. I said, "Big ass chains" to him and he said something funny back. There you go!

Thanks for the show! I really wasn't expecting another one so soon, I figured you guys may take a week off since last week's show was so big. Downloading now.

My CHEAPY impressions;

Well, I didn't meet CD at this years E3 which was disappointing. But I did at last years Joystiq party and I have to say he was insanely nice when I met him. Shipwreck was more awkward/standoffish so I was surprised to hear the opposite with Wombats anon impressions. Cheapy took a picture with me even though he just stepped into the party and was happy to do so.

Great guy and I regret not going to the 2010 CAG party (was too tired!). I never met Wombat though, so I can't give my impressions. But I'm sure he's a douche.
I love you wombat.

But for the douchiest internet "celeb" I have met has to go to Ryan Davis (from Giant Bomb). I ran into him on the show floor (this E3) and let him know that I'm a big fan of his show and that I think he's a great guy and he basically said, "Yea... ok... we are going to film now" in a class A douche way. Also, Brian Krecente(?) seemed like a stuck up ass as well.

Sorry if I came off standoffish. Just plain awkward was what I was going for. :) Honestly, I was extremely tired at the Joystiq party last year and dozed off a bit afterwards when Cheapy and I went to see Star Trek. To be honest, I was a lot more outgoing at this year's E3. At least I think I was...

[quote name='DarkNessBear']My CHEAPY impressions;

Well, I didn't meet CD at this years E3 which was disappointing. But I did at last years Joystiq party and I have to say he was insanely nice when I met him. Shipwreck was more awkward/standoffish so I was surprised to hear the opposite with Wombats anon impressions. Cheapy took a picture with me even though he just stepped into the party and was happy to do so.

Great guy and I regret not going to the 2010 CAG party (was too tired!). I never met Wombat though, so I can't give my impressions. But I'm sure he's a douche.
I love you wombat.

But for the douchiest internet "celeb" I have met has to go to Ryan Davis (from Giant Bomb). I ran into him on the show floor (this E3) and let him know that I'm a big fan of his show and that I think he's a great guy and he basically said, "Yea... ok... we are going to film now" in a class A douche way. Also, Brian Krecente(?) seemed like a stuck up ass as well.[/QUOTE]

I agree with Cheapy with regards to E3 this year. The entire event was extremely boring. The focus on motion controls (which I have no interest in) was dull. I think some interesting games were shown but were overshadowed by casual stuff. Which is a shame since E3 isn't necessarily targeting a casual gaming crowd or at least it won't be viewed by one :)

Great Cagcast guyz look forward to the next one.

I hope this isn't a big apology episode where they just throw a pity party for Wombat. God forbid people say what they feel..... and then entertain us by broadcasting it.

HONEST TO fuckING GOD!!!

Can you get out the Ice Cream and talk about your vaginas as a tack-on to the VIDEO GAME podcast next time?

[quote name='wayno187']I hope this isn't a big apology episode where they just throw a pity party for Wombat. God forbid people say what they feel..... and then entertain us by broadcasting it.[/QUOTE]

lol it has a small apology segment. But overall i thought it was a good cast. :whee:

[quote name='DarkNessBear']But for the douchiest internet "celeb" I have met has to go to Ryan Davis (from Giant Bomb). I ran into him on the show floor (this E3) and let him know that I'm a big fan of his show and that I think he's a great guy and he basically said, "Yea... ok... we are going to film now" in a class A douche way. Also, Brian Krecente(?) seemed like a stuck up ass as well.[/QUOTE]

They apologized on the Bombcast to everyone they had to blow off at E3 because they were so busy. Grab a wet wipe and rinse out the sand, dude.

In his apology to Wombat, Cheapy somehow came across even worse than last week. It was a very insincere apology where he didn't really admit to doing anything wrong. Wombat bringing in opinions from 5 other people was maybe a bit much, but it just goes to show how skewed Cheapy's perception can be. He always says how he's so glad to get out of the house and talk to people, so you would think he's a very friendly guy, yet these five people have encounters with Cheapy that say otherwise. I'm very disappointed in Cheapy. He's my vote for CAG villain of the year. What Cheapy is really like as a person was exposed in these two podcasts.

[quote name='wayno187']I hope this isn't a big apology episode where they just throw a pity party for Wombat. God forbid people say what they feel..... and then entertain us by broadcasting it.[/QUOTE]

Relax, it didn't become the VAGcast or anything. There's a quick apology, and lots of funny.

Now for something completely different...

I'm always glad to hear about changes to the site that will make spending my money easier.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']But for the douchiest internet "celeb" I have met has to go to Ryan Davis (from Giant Bomb). I ran into him on the show floor (this E3) and let him know that I'm a big fan of his show and that I think he's a great guy and he basically said, "Yea... ok... we are going to film now" in a class A douche way. Also, Brian Krecente(?) seemed like a stuck up ass as well.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, Ryan addressed that on one of the latest Bombcasts apologizing for having to do that. Interesting that you experienced that, though. My friend met him and Vinny on the floor and said they were incredibly nice, even took a picture with 'em despite the fact that they were hauling around a bunch of video equipment.

HAHA @ intro. Good selection Cheapy.

About the discussion about Cheapy at E3, it reminded of my first face to face with Wombat. When I met Wombat at PAX East, he was nice to me but I didn't think he wanted to hang with me cuz he had to go somewhere after I asked him where he was off to all three times I bumped into him. That was my impression. I wouldve liked to have had dinner with him to chat but he seemed like he had more important engagements. Maybe next year.

Good show today. I'm glad that things were (mostly) smoothed over.

It is not terrible for Cheapy to be humbled a bit every once and a while. He has a very good point about the difficulty of communicating primarily over the internet. Sarcasm, joking and other forms of communication sometimes don't come through fully without seeing people's non-verbal responses.

[quote name='peteyrose']In his apology to Wombat, Cheapy somehow came across even worse than last week. It was a very insincere apology where he didn't really admit to doing anything wrong. Wombat bringing in opinions from 5 other people was maybe a bit much, but it just goes to show how skewed Cheapy's perception can be. He always says how he's so glad to get out of the house and talk to people, so you would think he's a very friendly guy, yet these five people have encounters with Cheapy that say otherwise. I'm very disappointed in Cheapy. He's my vote for CAG villain of the year. What Cheapy is really like as a person was exposed in these two podcasts.[/QUOTE]

Geez, what do you want from the guy? He apologized, Wombat accepted. Would tears have sufficed? Or should CheapyD have offered half of CAG as an apology. I thought the apology was fine and apparently Wombat did as well. Plus, he did mention they spoke before the show about it, where he apologized as well.

Shipwreck, in regards to Demon's Souls first boss, are you referring to the giant monster with the club or the blob-type monster?

I disagree with Shipwreck's assessment on Kinect, and that is going to be due to the high price of entry for the device. Sure you know what you get with the Wii, and while Kinect may be different, it's not $150-$250 different to the average consumer. That's not even accounting for Kinect having/not having a game packed in with it.

I agree with Shipwreck that Kinect will sell well (groan) b/c of better timing, but also because more of that casual market seems to have 360s and/or Wiis.

Along with a new Time Crisis game, could we please see some other light gun games come out on one of these things? Another House of the Dead would be great, or some other arcade game (can't think of the name of the one lightgun game where you are spies) or Jurassic Park.

I'd be down for the Hour of Victory Tour Part 2 - Victory Hourer. I never got into the first one. Where do I sign up, Ship? :)

... every time you say anything that hurts Wombats feelings I feel like the first thirty minutes of the next show are dedicated to kissing his ass. And Wombat coming back with a list of negative comments about Cheapy was really low rent. On the previous episode the banter was all in the flow of the show, not premeditated and vindictive. I typically love the chemistry of the show, but the fragile ego of Wombat is starting to kill the fun vibe the show typically has when everyone is riffing on each other.

Good Cagcast guys. Solid apology Cheapy. I am glad you hit on the major things this all brought up, and address them. Plus, happy to see how you guys said you spoke off air. Which is way more important. Sometimes in life it is not the content of what you say, but how you say it that can get the most reaction.

I always defended your ribbing, and jokes even when some people get offended. I honestly hope it doesn't stop, and you guys continue with it. Just know that with anyone there are limits, and with every friendship you just have to recognize them. No harm, no foul, and better yet you actually learned more about each other. In other words, you guys actually have become closer because of this.

I am actually happy though that you guys kept the CAGcast moving forward. This was actually one of the better ones you had in a while. Funny, upbeat, no one was talking over each other, and overall a good listen. Now keep up the good work all three of you, and remember to just have fucking fun with this. Remember, we are all talking about video-games here! HAHA

Even though Cheapy hurt Wombat's feelings during the last podcast, I think those anonymous comments segment about Cheapy was uncalled for and was not tasteful at all. I have to agree with Cheapy that E3 was boring and focused too much on motion games. Maybe you guys should do Skype video call again so you guys can see each others' reaction. Then again, maybe you guys will get too distracted. Otherwise, good show guys.

Oh, and regarding Shipwreck's Donkey Kong score... He may never be able to match Wiebe or Mitchell, but Eminem's high score is 465,800. Shipwreck has to be able to beat that, or the world really is going to end in 2012.

http://twitpic.com/1bvqwi

bread's done
Back