• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2010 - 07:54 PM

lol @ Wombat - "The question is do you even know why I was upset?"

#62 triforcer

triforcer

I'd buy that for a dollar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2010 - 08:41 PM

i felt bad for wombat last week, but i think he should have taken the higher road and not done that segment on cheapy. i mean if wombat wants to go toe to toe with ribbing each other than he shouldn't have gotten upset in the first place.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#63 Duck in a Pond

Duck in a Pond

Posted 30 June 2010 - 08:48 PM

CAGcast FTW!

#64 Interfeci

Interfeci

ASSIMILATE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2010 - 08:48 PM

This episode was very Wombat-centric. It felt like Cheapy was a humbled, and Wombat then took the opportunity to establish the fact that the people love him. It didn't feel like the usual episode.

It's surprising how the roles have reversed. Hopefully in next episode everything goes back to the normal balance.
PEW PEW PEW.

#65 kashwashwa

kashwashwa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2010 - 09:07 PM

Wombat consistently comes across as insecure and as a result of that constantly makes snarky remarks. Cheapy may have gone a bit too far ribbing wombat in the last episode (because it was obvious that wombat was taking it personally pretty early on), but talk about being a hypocrite on Wombat's part.
Posted Image

#66 LiK

LiK

Internet Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2010 - 10:02 PM

This episode was very Wombat-centric. It felt like Cheapy was a humbled, and Wombat then took the opportunity to establish the fact that the people love him. It didn't feel like the usual episode.

It's surprising how the roles have reversed. Hopefully in next episode everything goes back to the normal balance.

for some reason, i bet Cheapy will forget everything he said in this ep next week. :P
63362.png
Blog | Twitter
"You lazy f*ck!" - Artie Lange to CheapyD on 8/31/09

#67 sunnysky

sunnysky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2010 - 10:15 PM

That's a bit more like it.
I do wonder if Cheapy was "acting" when he sounded upset about people calling him stand offish.
Either way, keep it up guys.
[URL="http://profile.mygamercard.net/Falso+Reality"][/URL]

#68 usickenme

usickenme

I'm the a-hole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2010 - 10:21 PM

Wombat consistently comes across as insecure and as a result of that constantly makes snarky remarks. Cheapy may have gone a bit too far ribbing wombat in the last episode (because it was obvious that wombat was taking it personally pretty early on), but talk about being a hypocrite on Wombat's part.

No shit. Where is Wombat's apology to everyone he tells to Fuck off when they dare criticize him?

I do agree with Cheapy that spending time in real life with someone is a hell of a lot different than an internet friendship and Sorry, to break it to Wombat, but online friendship aren't as important. (or shouldn't be)

#69 OVERKILL1972

OVERKILL1972

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2010 - 10:32 PM

I'm convinced that Wombat is a girl. Grow some thicker skin and get the sand out of your vagina already. Normal guys don't get all butt hurt over lame comments such as the ones Cheapy made. Not trying to be a dick, but damn Wombat you really need to let things slide.

After listening to the first part of the show it's clear that Wombat was trying to get back at Cheapy with the five comments from people about Cheapy.

To all of you CAGS: I love how you all kiss Cheapie's ass when he gives the community free stuff. Then when he makes a few comments about Wombat you all turn on him and tell him he's an asshole. Seriously? Fuck off already.

#70 Schmackledorf

Schmackledorf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2010 - 10:49 PM

Yeah, it has been kind of awkward listening to the past two shows with how people keep getting trash talked. At this rate, Shipwreck is going to get harassed next episode. Hopefully that won't be the case, though, and that things will go back to normal. Too much drama for my liking.

Also, I totally want in on the Hour of Victory thing, Ship.
Posted Image

#71 whywakeup

whywakeup

The Chief .

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2010 - 11:01 PM

I thought all three of you were super chill and nice at the golden gopher. I must have complimented Shipwreck ten times that night for being so noble and such a genuine nice guy . Wombat was the most adorable little Jew ever (in a purely heterosexual way ) and Cheapy didn’t even make me eat his underwear . You guys are all cool in my book and hopefully I will get a chance to meet you again next year . Cheapy , who was that dude who was buying me Scooby Snacks ???
Posted Image

#72 chesspiece_face

chesspiece_face

Posted 30 June 2010 - 11:05 PM

Hey CagCrew. Ballslapper (Ricochet) is included in Kinect Adventures.

As far as Kinect goes I don't have the same animosity towards the tech or games that you do but I will say flat out that, apart from possibly Dance Central or the Ubisoft fitness game, if any of these games come out for more than 29.99 it will be obscene. If they want to pull this off they need to price these games as impulse purchases. Even an enthusiast gamer (fine, enthusiast Wombat...) may pick up Kinect for $150 for the few games that may fill a more core-centric itch as well as the novelty of the Minority Report UI control. I consider myself an enthusiast gamer that fits in this group and some of the mini-game compilations like Adventures could be fun but if they price something like that more than $29.99 (and more realistically $19.99) this whole thing will turn to shit really quick.

I'm a gamer in my 30s now and although I don't have kids of my own I have a growing assortment of cousins between 2 and 8 and I have no problem putting down 20 bucks or so for a game that I can break out for family get-togethers knowing that they will all have a blast and watching them will be more than enough entertainment for the rest of us. But sorry kids, I'm not putting down $60 for a novelty game that may be played once every couple months.

#73 MIGGO

MIGGO

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2010 - 11:29 PM

I'm glad CAG brought up the odd hype over Dance Central. I'm not too sure what the Joystiq guys saw that made then all excited, but I thought that it was nothing more than filler. Once I heard people start to buzz about it, I looked more into it and STILL didn't see anything worthwhile to me.

I get why things unfolded the way they did, and I'm glad to see that the guys are patching things up.

#74 bitterWolf

bitterWolf

Posted 30 June 2010 - 11:54 PM

Womberto made me laugh! Glad you guys made up...it was fun to hear some lovin' for X-Men Legends. I had tons of fun with that back in the day.

#75 WonkyToad

WonkyToad

CAG-aholic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2010 - 12:50 AM

Almost everyone has that point in time when they say something to someone and they do not realize how it is coming across to the other person.

It is life, it happens, good friends get past it and cut each other some slack for being an asshat every now and then. EVERYONE (yes, everyone) has been one, or worn one, at some point and time. Lord knows I have.

Oh, and Shipwreck... I LOVE Banana Icecream! Put some chocolate MagicShell on it is and it brings back fond memories of when Kings Island used to sell chocolate covered frozen bananas
Block freedom to access ANY kind of information and you do just that; Block Freedom!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#76 Goemar

Goemar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2010 - 12:59 AM

Yeah Banana ice cream is awesome, always wondered why is isn't sold more and now I know, the Jews.

#77 firehawk12

firehawk12

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2010 - 01:35 AM

Regarding Robert Ashley's "performance" on the A Life Well Wasted podcasts - he's trying to replicate the hosting style of Radio Lab/This American Life, which is why he seems detached.

If it's his actual voice that's bothering you guys, well, I can't help you there I guess.

#78 Monsta Mack

Monsta Mack

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2010 - 03:14 AM

Golden Girls ending finished off a A+++ show.

#79 trip1eX

trip1eX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2010 - 03:53 AM

Shipwreck is a terrible judge of what games/gaming products will be big because he buys everything.

Kinect will bomb. No doubt about it.

Price is too high. Experiences shown are just copies of what is on the Wii. Consumers that had $200 or more to spend on a fitness or dance game etc already have a Wii.

KInect is to Eye Toy as Move is to Wiimote.

Kinect tech is not proven either. Can't wait to see all the hiccups that will occur when it is let go in the wild.

MS should have readied their next console instead. I mean 5 years later we get a new $300 patched this-gen console and an offer to pay another $150 to get a copy of what the competition's console has been doing for the last 4 years. Yawn. Fail.

#80 Curufinwe

Curufinwe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2010 - 04:08 AM

Harsh, but probably true.

Curufinwe5503.png? Curufinwe.jpg

#81 volt1up

volt1up

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2010 - 04:15 AM

Cheapy you should be listening to Call of Podcast, also Lonesteban is going to be doing the official (english) Grasshopper Manufacture podcast. You should give them a plug on the cagcast.

#82 Microshock

Microshock

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2010 - 04:17 AM

Even after defending Wombat in last week's episode slightly, I don't think CheapyD should change.

Wombat DOES need to grow some bigger balls. I bet he was really riding high on the coattails of that episode accepting pity from everyone and then using that pity to bash CheapyD.

I mean really, you went out and got 5 people to say how much they disliked Cheapy? ......And apparently it's all cool when you do that?

Don't like that. Maybe Wombat should get his wife on the show so whenever someone "upsets" him, she'll be the first to screech.
Transformers: Dark of the Moon - July 1, 2011 (was AWESOME)
STEAM- Microshocky Origin/Battlelog Microshock

#83 TheAggroCraig

TheAggroCraig

Posted 01 July 2010 - 04:26 AM

I'd gladly take part in the Hour of Victory Part 2: Electric Boogaloo, take it somewhere cool in New England I guess, maybe for a nice dinner, maybe a movie?

Posted Image

(Ex: Buy/Half/DeepDiscount/Gamestop.com/etc)

#84 PacManster17

PacManster17

Nonstop gaming marathons!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2010 - 04:57 AM

CheapyD impressions:

I met him at the CAG party at Golden Gopher. Very friendly, although he had a limp handshake and seem stoned the whole time. I saw him talking to CAGs and he seemed to be having a lot of fun at the get together, so who cares if E3 sucked this year?

Otherwise, I had a short chat with Wombat and found him to be extremely friendly and likable.
Posted Image

Spoiler

#85 Jorrel56

Jorrel56

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2010 - 05:55 AM

Met Cheapy a couple times at E3. Once in the Marriot while he and Wombat were waiting in line for the PlayStation press conference check-in, another time bumping into him and Shipwreck as they went into the media center, and at the end of the show in the Activision meeting room. Every time all of them were very nice and approachable. Conversations weren't more than a minute or so though but nonetheless, I didn't notice any of the qualities the random 5 people said about Cheapy.

I feel like asking 5 people from the industry is a bit of a wash because most of them probably feel the way that the one of the five did: that they expected Cheapy to know who he/she was or have him interact with them like they are important or something. Me, I don't work for a big site (GamerLimit.com) so I wouldn't expect him to know me. Just approached him as a fan first :)
Posted Image

#86 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 01 July 2010 - 06:09 AM

CheapyD impressions:

I met him at the CAG party at Golden Gopher. Very friendly, although he had a limp handshake and seem stoned the whole time. I saw him talking to CAGs and he seemed to be having a lot of fun at the get together, so who cares if E3 sucked this year?

Fun fact: Was not stoned or drunk (until the very end of the party) possibly tired though.

#87 ConsoleHandheldGamer

ConsoleHandheldGamer

Posted 01 July 2010 - 06:15 AM

Anyone listen to NoobToob? It's a great podcast I think..really damn funny.

I listen to it too, I bet Yuzo's baby is cute.

#88 jkanownik

jkanownik

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2010 - 06:25 AM

I'm glad CAG brought up the odd hype over Dance Central. I'm not too sure what the Joystiq guys saw that made then all excited, but I thought that it was nothing more than filler. Once I heard people start to buzz about it, I looked more into it and STILL didn't see anything worthwhile to me.

Just Dance has sold 3MM copies and it doesn't even work. There are 312 five star and 167 four star reviews on Amazon. People are paying $40 to watch crappy music videos with crappy sound quality on their $200 gaming system while they wave a little stick around and get a random score and they are extremely satisfied with it.
Posted Image

AC: 4682-1344-1734 (Leenie - Home)

#89 40_ounce

40_ounce

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2010 - 11:40 AM

The podcast was kind of a downer. You can tell that Cheapy and Boatcrash were trying hard to be nice to Wombat but Wombat was acting rude to both Cheapy and Boatcrash. I think that Wombat is just the type that can dish it out but can't take it. You should have called the podcast "Man Up Wombat".

#90 banodyne

banodyne

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2010 - 11:57 AM

Wombat is right on with Raven Software. It feels like Activision doesn't know what they have and they keep giving them high profile assignments but what they kick ass at is making Marvel Comics games: X-Men Legends, Marvel Ultimate Alliance, and X-Men Origins Wolverine.

Singularity with free Prototype and a $25 gift card at Kmart is still a great deal.