[Canada] EB/GameStop Daily Doorcrasher Thread of Daily Deals Hopefully Updated Daily

thegamecubist

CAGiversary!
Tongue-in-cheek title aside, it is what it says. This thread will be updated daily with the current deals, and hopefully rumblings of future deals too!

Today's (July 30/10) Deal:

Wii Music - Wii - $9.89

Wii-Music-8.jpg

Future Deals...?:

July 30, 2010 : Kung Fu Panda: Legendary Warriors - Wii - $19.89 (rumoured and images provided by: Apollo Creed)

Previous Deals:

June 30, 2010 - Ratchet & Clank: A Crack In Time - PS3 - $19.89
July 1, 2010 - Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time - PS3 - $19.89
July 2, 2010 - NFS Shift - 360 - $19.89
July 3, 2010 - EA Sports Active: More Workouts - Wii - $19.89
July 4, 2010 - GTA: Chinatown Wars - PSP - $19.89
July 5, 2010 - Ninja Gaiden Summation of Multiple Terms TWO! - PS3 - $39.89
July 6, 2010 - Tekken 6 - 360 & PS3 - $19.89
July 7, 2010 - Brinks Security Door Disk (aka: NFL Head Coach) - 360 & PS3 - $14.89
July 8, 2010 - Dead Space Extraction - Wii - $19.89
July 9, 2010 - Pokemon: Myster Dungeon: Explorers of Darkness - DS - $19.89
July 10, 2010 - Madden 10 - Wii - $19.89
July 11, 2010 - Need For Speed Shift - PSP - PRICE: NEVER!!!!
July 12, 2010 - Raiden IV - 360 - $9.89
July 13, 2010 - Section 8 - 360 and Need For Speed Shift - PSP - $9.89 ea.
July 14, 2010 - Madden 08 - PS3 - $9.89
July 15, 2010 - WET - PS3 & 360 - $9.89
July 16, 2010 - Wario Land: Shake It! - Wii - $9.89
July 17, 2010 - MotorStorm: Arctic Edge - PS2 - $9.89
July 18, 2010 - Legends of Wrestlemania - 360 - $9.89
July 19, 2010 - Madden 08 - PS3 - $9.89
July 20, 2010 - Naruto Shippuden: Ninja Destiny 2 - DS - $9.89
July 21, 2010 - Kung Fu Panda: Legendary Warriors - Wii - $9.89
July 22, 2010 - Obscure: The Aftermath - PSP - $9.89
July 23, 2010 - Ghostbusters: The Video Game - DS - $9.89
July 24, 2010 - NBA 08 feat The Life v3 - PS2 - $9.89
July 25, 2010 - FUEL - PS3 & 360 - $9.89 (Thanks djsaiyan and Jouvert!)
July 26, 2010 - NHL 09 - 360 - $9.89
July 27, 2010 - EB gives you a map to go to BlockBuster (aka Facebreaker) - PS3 - $9.89
July 28, 2010 - Guiness World Records: The Video Game- Wii - $9.89
July 29, 2010 - G.I Joe: The Rise of The Cobra - 360 - $9.89

Happy Hunting!

Last edited by a moderator:
merci! That's a pretty good deal, right? Don't have a PS3 but looks like 50%/20.00 off (according to amazon.ca)

I think it's a pretty good deal. A Crack in Time is a fairly new game (came out last year) and has been pretty well received. from what I've seen, first-party PS3 games don't really drop in price until they hit Greatest Hits, so I think this would be a great time to pick it up.

you guys haven't seen me in a while posting but I've been up here for two years this fall. ^_^

I actually get my radiation down near Toronto General. My times let me avoid the G8/20 stuff but man downtown was a ghosttown last weekend. I'm actually heading down there now but I'll stop by EB to pick me up some R&C

....its funny that they removed the game listing from the site yesterday so we cant track stock. My local EB had none in stock, can you believe.

I have so many credits I don't know what do with it... I am happy if there's a good daily deal in the coming month. :D

Btw, the EBG credits never expire if unused for a while? Is there's some administration fees? Thanks for the help!

Yeah, I searched it just to confirm that it is new and didn't find it on the site. Very strange of them to do this. Seems like an FS move!

Wolfkin, did you see any protesting? I'd be scared out of my mind to see that sort of stuff D:

SVxM, I don't believe credit expires. I'll ask when I go to get Resonanse of Fate today though.

BTW, Used version is also on sale at 15 + edge discount. (Add to first post cue) Ill call them to see if they have it used.

Edit: Guys its safe to assume that this listing is Crack in Time with a wrong picture and title:
http://www.gamestop.ca/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=204264
Use it to check stock (make sure they verify correctly, my store said they had none but it shows in stock so maybe the system is corrupted as well)

Theres 2 listing right now on the site for Tools of Destruction

Edit2: My store just got a box shipment of Ratchet Crack in Time (new) and they called me. Pretty sure tho something was messed up in their system to begin with. So heads up for you, maybe same will happen elsewhere.

I just picked up a new copy at Woodside Square (Finch + McCowan) for $22.47 taxes in. There was a pile of 7 copies still sealed behind the counter when I left.

I love when I'm able to get in on a deal for a game I almost bought last week. I decided to hold off because I was hoping it would be one of the door crashers this month. :applause:

[quote name='Fuzzy']
I love when I'm able to get in on a deal for a game I almost bought last week. I decided to hold off because I was hoping it would be one of the door crashers this month. :applause:[/QUOTE]

SAME FOR ME! Thats a sweet feeling. I almost bought it for 24.99$

Tomorrow ratchet - duh
Friday - NFS Shift
Saturday - Ea sports active
Sunday - Chinatown wars psp
Monday - Ninja gaiden sigma 2

[quote name='JnJosh']Tomorrow ratchet - duh
Friday - NFS Shift
Monday - Ninja gaiden sigma 2[/QUOTE]

Tomorrow CLOSED - duh
fixed.

Sigma 2 for 19.99$? Id bite.

goodjob gamecubist, now thats in your face :)

[quote name='JnJosh']do not post on rfd, and HO said rachet is tomorrow as well, so maybe some stores are open.[/QUOTE]

Of course,
CAG #1 Rule: NEVER post a deal on RFD unless you have a copy secured.
Chances are all copies will auto-destruct 5 seconds after posting on RFD :bouncy:

Is Ea sports active any good? Better or worse than Wii Fit?

its not the RFD effect as it has more to do with loyalty and the quality of people on this site as opposed to on that one. Yes i realize it will get leaked on there and I have no problem, but people on there take information from us and do not source it, even as a thank you, its annoying.

also, ea active if priced at 19.99 is a no brainer for any fitness on the wii guru. I find it fun to play but it is not as cool as wii fit!

[quote name='Khalid']Thanks for the info on the new games, hope it will be more interesting. Nothing I want yet.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Although if either NFS Shift or Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 are $9.89 then hell, yes. They'll probably be priced at $19.89 though.

[quote name='JnJosh']Tomorrow ratchet - duh
Friday - NFS Shift
Monday - Ninja gaiden sigma 2[/QUOTE]

If this is true, I wouldn't mind picking up NFS Shift if it's priced under $20. Thanks for the info.

I can confirm that tomorrow will be R&C again, and that Friday will be NFS: Shift for 360 only for $19.89. I talked to the CSR about it and he's like "I'm not supposed to show you, but..." :D I think I'll update the first post.

Thanks for the heads up JnJosh!

EDIT: Updated! Thanks for everyones help so far; it really shows the great community ethic here on CAG.

Actually some big shopping centres will be open. Vaughan Mills, Eatons Centre, etc.

I didn't remember them changing the deals over the weekend last year...then again, once I got Last Remnant I stopped paying much attention.

[quote name='ichit4k4_set0']Is Ea sports active any good? Better or worse than Wii Fit?[/QUOTE]

It's decent. Better actual exercise program than Wii Fit, but not as much "fun". Definitely worth grabbing if the sale price is $20... probably still worth grabbing at $30 if this stuff interests you.

The only downside? EA Sports Active 2 looks much better.

[quote name='ejamer']
The only downside? EA Sports Active 2 looks much better.[/QUOTE]

That was my thought...Ill have to see

[quote name='thegamecubist']I actually haven't played any of the Sony first-party platformers (Jak, Sly, R&C). I don't really know why either :/[/QUOTE]

Lucky you, they're making more of these PS2 remakes in HD for PS3 (à la God of War Collection) and one of them is the Sly Cooper trilogy.

If A Crack in Time is anything like the first two Ratchet games for PS3, you're in for a great experience. I'm going to try to find it used, as it's the only Ratchet game I don't own.

Also hope Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 is really cheap, because I just found the 360 version of Ninja Gaiden 2 for 10 bucks at BBV! :lol:

Stores in designated "tourist areas" or something like that are open tomorrow.

Hopefully the used versions will be on sale as well.. looks like the used ones in the flyer are not on sale, but Crack in Time used was cheap today.

thanks op! picked up a used copy today!

I find RFD too confusing... there are like 5+ threads about gamedays and it's way to hard to find information on there.

I have been waiting for a deal on the EA Active (Wii) game bundle. Hope it's around 20$.

you should note that the rubber bands that come with it aren't that great, you might want to get some to make those workouts worthwhile.

Updated the first post. I'm going to have a little trouble updating over the weekend, though; the city is doing construction on my street and I have no TV, phone or internet. Hopefully when I go to a friends house I can steal his internet for a while :)

I did get in for Ratchet and they also have Tales of Symphonia :wii: for $15. i haven't been able to find many but the steeles and Dufferin branch had a gutted copy which i picked up if i can't find another ACTUAL new copy I may have to keep it.

Tales for Wii is a game that will be on sale for the whole month. It's in the flyer, I think, so if you find it somewhere else, you could PM :)

I heard that Tales game kinda sucked, though...

NFS shift is IMO a great game for twenty dollars. I recommend it to any racing game fan. And Cockpit mode is awesome.

But, door crashers seem a little disappointing. Hopefully we get a second game days this year as well.

The 360 version of shift is the only one on sale today :(

Sorry for the struggles on the updates, guys...but I at least have internet again at home! :)

EDIT: Confirmed NGS2 and GTA: CW PSP! No word on pricing, though.

ea-sports-active-more-workouts-box.jpg

Today's (July 3) doorcrasher is the Wii title "EA Sports Active: More Workouts" (Expansion) for $19.89.

Updated! Thanks, Jouvert!

I was really hoping for the full thing, though. My mom played Wii for the first time last night, and when I told her about this she sounded genuinely interested.

bread's done
Back