The Official July CAG 2010 Pick-Ups Thread - So Fresh So Clean Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZxT Vendetta

CAGiversary!
Feedback
339 (100%)
Post em up for the month of July CAGs. Also cut Freemason a break. It was only a couple days early.

I should keep a tally in the op of how many things everyone picks up. ;)

Anyways I got a few things coming later this afternoon/evening.

Last edited by a moderator:
47383eb3975284132e5c508a8d8eb9604g.jpg

2 16gb Iphone 3GS for $150 a piece (with no contracts and I'll be unlocking them).

Those few hours made all the difference! it is so much more comfortable here now, i like what you've done with the place :)

Starting out a good month with HWV store closing near me, gonna make another trip down when the new shipment gets in next tuesday.

:360: Clive Barkers Jericho - $4 HWV
:360: Batman AA: - $15.50 HWV
:360: Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer - $4 HWV
:360: Last Remnant - $9 HWV
:360: Spiderman 3 - $4 HWV
:360: Incredible Hulk - $7 HWV
:360: Iron Man - $8 HWV
:360: Infinite Undiscovery - $9 HWV
:360: Bionic Commando - $4 HWV
:psp: Justice League Heroes - $5 HWV
:psp: Undead Knights - $14.92 eBay
:wii: Madworld - $4 - HWV
:wii: Boom Blox - $9 HWV
:wii: Klonoa - $5 HWV

Art of Mass Effect - $3.82 eBay
Sampler CD - Mass Effect Soundtrack - $10.92 eBay
N7 Mass Effect hat - $7 eBay
Mass Effect 1 Guide - $2.32 goHastings
Mass Effect 2 Guide - $3.32 goHastings
Mass Effect Redemption LE - $16 goHastings
Mass Effect Redemption 1-4 and LE Comic Signed by Lead Writer and Bioware Team
Mass Effect 2 32 x 11 Silk Screen Wall Scrolls - Garrus, Shepard, Mordin, Thane, Tali, Grunt, Jack, Miranda, Team, and another Shepard - $3.95 - $11.95 each
:360: Mass Effect Bonus Preorder Disc - $4.99 eBay
:360: Mass Effect 2 - All Dr. Pepper DLC Codes - $1.49 eBay

Zombie Survival Guide - $7 eBay

[quote name='lmz00']
Gex's disc is loose in the case. :([/QUOTE]

Is Panzer Dragoon Saga sealed? How much did that badboy set you back? I still need to get that game. I never got to play it when it came out :cry:

You know it. Like $185. I'm surprised it went for that low, since a completed listings search shows used ones going for even more than that.

[quote name='lmz00']You know it. Like $185. I'm surprised it went for that low, since a completed listings search shows used ones going for even more than that.[/QUOTE]

Man, that's more than I've spent on games in general for the past year at this time :lol:

Is the game honestly worth it? I'm not saying that in a "way to go! Waste your money!" kind of way, but is it awesome? More than just for collecting?

[quote name='lmz00']You know it. Like $185. I'm surprised it went for that low, since a completed listings search shows used ones going for even more than that.[/QUOTE]

No shit? That is a fucking steal :hot::hot::hot::hot:. Yeah I always see used ones go for > $200

I am afraid I will never get to play that game ever. One of these days I will pony up the money for it. That and Shining Force III are the only rare US Saturn games I have yet to play.

Yea that is quite the steal, I picked up a used copy a few months ago for around $160. I'd take a sealed copy for $185 in a heartbeat!

I mean, I think the only people that would buy it are collectors. If someone just wants to play it, they're better off downloading it and saving their money.

[quote name='lmz00']I mean, I think the only people that would buy it are collectors. If someone just wants to play it, they're better off downloading it and saving their money.[/QUOTE]

Good point, but honestly... How many people can say they have a sealed copy of Panzer Dragoon Saga? I checked VGPC, and it said that the average price of used copies is $180, so... You got very lucky, it seems :D

I do enjoy seeing the sealed games you are able to hunt down, though.

Panzer Dragoon Saga is the shit, the game is the bomb, and the cut scenes look great. One of my favorite RPG's ever, great ending also.

Shining Force III is also the shit, the Saturn went out with a fucking bang.

Sealed games make me angry. Forbidden fruit kind of thing. God is taunting me with this golden apple/factory sealed import and ffff i can't have it.

Awesome job! :applause:

what saddens me is seeing all these games i used to own growing up which would be worth buttloads now that i either lost, gave away, sold, or tossed in my stupid teen years... i remember seeing copies of Earthbound sealed at flea markets and FF7/Tactics black labels were falling off clearance racks, not to mention all the sealed Nintendo games i used to own... damn you hindsight.. why must your 20/20 vision taunt me so.

Actually, upon closer inspection, it seems like it could potentially be a reseal (the booklet has a minor crease on the top right corner). Don't know if I should send it to VGA if they're just going to return it and tell me they didn't grade it because of that, return it to the buyer, or just list it as used (since I could probably get more than I paid for it with decent pictures). :(

At various thrifts and pawn shops:

Winsor Pilates Basic 3 DVD Workout - $3
Winsor Pilates Power Sculpting Advanced - $2.75
Winsor Pilates Sculpting Circle Advanced - $2.75
TI-85 - $5
Windows ME Millennium Edition - $2
Terminator 2 NES Complete - $3.99
Rollergames NES Complete - $3.99
Call of Duty Modern Warfare Wii - $15
Fading Shadows PSP - $10
Star Wars Bounty Hunter PS2 - $5
Yakuza 2 in HWV case no manual - $5
Dragon Age Origins 360 - $5

I flopped on the NES games, Star Wars Bounty Hunter, Fading Shadows and 2/3 of the Winsor Pilates DVDs. :(
The thing I'm most happy about is DA:O for $5. It was supposed to be $10 and the guy at the pawn shop wouldn't go any lower, but he rang it up with the $5 PS2 game I also bought and said it would be $10 total, I didn't complain. It sucks though because they also have a $10 copy of Mario Kart Wii but it had Wii Sports in it.

[quote name='lmz00']Actually, upon closer inspection, it seems like it could potentially be a reseal (the booklet has a minor crease on the top right corner). Don't know if I should send it to VGA if they're just going to return it and tell me they didn't grade it because of that, return it to the buyer, or just list it as used (since I could probably get more than I paid for it with decent pictures). :([/QUOTE]Can you post more detailed pics of the edges of the game and where the booklet has a crease?

I would ask the seller for a partial refund, try for $50 and find some auctions that ended lower than normal to link him to, then either keep it or resell it.

Traded in my PS3, and went to an oasis of a gamestop about 40 minutes out. This place was a treasure trove, I got the following from this one store alone:

-Time Crisis 4 CIB plus another Guncon 3
-Assassins Creed 2 LE
-PS2 Network Adapter
-Metal Gear Peace Walker LE
-Force Unleashed Sith Edition

They also had a Tatsunoko vs. Capcom stick, the Alien vs. Predator LE and some other stuff, although those will probably decrease in price a bit more, I can wait.

I also picked up some more games at a pawn shop that aren't really interesting enough to write about, but I did manage to get DBZ Season 1-9 + GT 1 & 2 all for 90 bucks. 4 hours of material spread out over 50+ discs!

Here you go:
21o1ew.jpg

15wvma.jpg
28u1vu8.jpg
25qakye.jpg

It's not pretty. At first, I figured the plastic could just be dirty because it's so old, but the crease was the giveaway once I noticed it. I e-mailed the guy and told him I wanted to return it for a refund, but haven't heard back yet.

Anywho, on a better note, went out and bought these earlier today:
30m35mh.jpg

Yea lmz00, that is definitely resealed. I would definitely bitch out the seller since that is clearly false advertising.

I have the worst fashion sense in the world, but damn do those glasses look expensive.

picked up Trinity Universe

it goes in with my extreme backlog ..........................just started Valkyria Chronicles and it awesome

ugh, that PDS is definitely resealed. Sorry to see that man. and don't open it or try to resell it, 'cause you know there are 4 virtua fighter 1 discs in there :\ send it back/get a chargeback.

went to gamestop today to get some psp games for a trip im about to take (17 hours -.-)

:psp: patapon 2 (new) 9.99
:psp: daxter (used with generic case, no manual) 4.99

i plan to either go back and get sega superstars tenis and ratchet and clank size matters but im not sure, any suggestions on long psp games, or adictive puzlers for the psp?

and not that im saying nothing is wrong with the "sealed" panzer dragon, i don't see it, was it that little bend in the manual? i don't think i would have noticed that, so good job, that sucks at the same time though.

[quote name='jab1235']went to gamestop today to get some psp games for a trip im about to take (17 hours -.-)

:psp: patapon 2 (new) 9.99
:psp: daxter (used with generic case, no manual) 4.99

i plan to either go back and get sega superstars tenis and ratchet and clank size matters but im not sure, any suggestions on long psp games, or adictive puzlers for the psp?

and not that im saying nothing is wrong with the "sealed" panzer dragon, i don't see it, was it that little bend in the manual? i don't think i would have noticed that, so good job, that sucks at the same time though.[/QUOTE]

Me and My Katamari is a lot of fun. I also liked Half-Minute Hero, Prinny, Disgaea 2 and the Mega Man remakes. As far as minis go, I liked Monsters (Probably) Stole My Princess and Age of Zombies. There are also quite a few good PSOne Classics.

Tropico 3 - Xbox 360, New - $14 shipped from gamestop. AWESOME.

Skate It - iPod touch, $2. A sick ass game.

Time Crisis Strike - iPod touch, 99 cents. Another awesome ass game.

Evil Bong 1 and 2 - DVD's, $7 each. Full Moon is having a sale. Gonna watch these while elevated. Sure to be hilarious.

Big Boi - Sir Lucious Left Foot and the Son of Chico Dusty - CD, $8 at Amazon. This album is so good... Of course I'm gonna support.

[quote name='jab1235'] any suggestions on long psp games, or adictive puzlers for the psp? [/QUOTE]

:psp: Profile Valkyrie: Lenneth
:psp: Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions
:psp: Little Big Planet
:psp: Lumines II
:psp: Midway or Capcom Arcade Collections

Another awesome ass game.

so you like ass games? i knew it. :)

It's not pretty. At first, I figured the plastic could just be dirty because it's so old, but the crease was the giveaway once I noticed it. I e-mailed the guy and told him I wanted to return it for a refund, but haven't heard back yet.

yeah its a reseal for sure, shelf wear or warp will impact manuals on the right side not the corner, for it to bend like that sealed in the case would be a 1 in 1,000,000 , plus the corner seal is waaay too " puffy " like the sealer had no vaccuum and was just shrinked on. Good luck on the refund hope it works out.

i added a few more ME goodies from LIVE

:360: Mass Effect 2 Armor - Avatar Item
:360: Mass Effect 2 Helmet - Avatar Item
:360: Mass Effect 2 Omega Premium Theme
:360: Mass Effect 2 Alt Character Appearance Pack 1
:360: Mass Effect Pinnacle Station
:360: Mass Effect Bring Down the Sky

[quote name='Freemason']:psp: Profile Valkyrie: Lenneth
:psp: Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions
:psp: Little Big Planet
:psp: Lumines II
:psp: Midway or Capcom Arcade Collection[/QUOTE]
Hope you don't mind if I add to the list a bit.

Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles(3 games in one)
Persona
Star Ocean First Departure
Star Ocean Second Evolution
Puzzle Quest

The following are only if you have a PS3 and a large enough memory stick
FFVII
FFVIII
FFIX
Grandia

[quote name='Fire_Thief']Tropico 3 - Xbox 360, New - $14 shipped from gamestop. AWESOME.

Skate It - iPod touch, $2. A sick ass game.

Time Crisis Strike - iPod touch, 99 cents. Another awesome ass game.

Evil Bong 1 and 2 - DVD's, $7 each. Full Moon is having a sale. Gonna watch these while elevated. Sure to be hilarious.

Big Boi - Sir Lucious Left Foot and the Son of Chico Dusty - CD, $8 at Amazon. This album is so good... Of course I'm gonna support.[/QUOTE]

Your parents let you get high in their house?

I got my copy of Deathsmiles from Amazon... While Amazon has gotten better at packaging LE games, it looks as though the UPS man thought it was a soccer ball.

picture.php

Hopefully the replacement copy has better luck. :cry:

Dang. Was there a grip of cushioning inside? That box is huge.

Mine got sent in one of those cardboard wraps that has the string you pull it apart with. Was probably same width as the game and 1.5 times taller than it. Game box was unblemished though.

[quote name='nekromantix']Dang. Was there a grip of cushioning inside? That box is huge.

Mine got sent in one of those cardboard wraps that has the string you pull it apart with. Was probably same width as the game and 1.5 times taller than it. Game box was unblemished though.[/QUOTE]

They had it on a shrink wrapped carboard thing. I think it would have been fine if they would have put on two pieces of cardboard or if they would have put something else in the box to keep it from moving around.

[quote name='Vulgarism']
Is the game honestly worth it? I'm not saying that in a "way to go! Waste your money!" kind of way, but is it awesome? More than just for collecting?[/QUOTE]

While it is a fantastic game and certainly something every RPG fan should experience, it is painfully short (only about 15 hours total). Considering the cost versus the time you can play the game, it's a very expensive experience. I paid ~$150 for my copy while Live Cashback was at 30% and I don't really regret it.

[quote name='lmz00']I mean, I think the only people that would buy it are collectors. If someone just wants to play it, they're better off downloading it and saving their money.[/QUOTE]

I bought the game mostly because I wanted to play it. There's just something about playing downloaded games that doesn't sit right with me. It's not a morality thing, it just doesn't feel right for some reason. Its the same reason I've never really invested a large amount of time into any emulators.

Also, you have to mod your Saturn to play downloaded games, right? It isn't really as easy as "download, burn, play"... or is it?

Either way, I'm satisfied with my PDS purchase. For those looking to play a legit copy, you can always buy the game, play through it, and then sell it back on eBay.

[quote name='Doomstink']While it is a fantastic game and certainly something every RPG fan should experience, it is painfully short (only about 15 hours total). Considering the cost versus the time you can play the game, it's a very expensive experience. I paid ~$150 for my copy while Live Cashback was at 30% and I don't really regret it.

I bought the game mostly because I wanted to play it. There's just something about playing downloaded games that doesn't sit right with me. It's not a morality thing, it just doesn't feel right for some reason. Its the same reason I've never really invested a large amount of time into any emulators.

Also, you have to mod your Saturn to play downloaded games, right? It isn't really as easy as "download, burn, play"... or is it?

Either way, I'm satisfied with my PDS purchase. For those looking to play a legit copy, you can always buy the game, play through it, and then sell it back on eBay.[/QUOTE]

I know exactly what you mean. For me, there's just something about owning the actual product and having it and knowing that I can resell it if it ever came down to that. I'm not excited for the digital download wave that will be coming shortly, as having a collection is something I can be proud of. There's no better feeling than finding that game you've wanted for ages in a used game store, as opposed to having it right there no problem with downloading.

i hear ya, i find i invest myself much more into the experience and go the extra mile in games i feel personally connected too, be it emotionally or financially. i have emulators on my PSP for old school stuff on the go for my kids but other than that, i like having " my copy "... to me an analogy would be like buying a Dom Perignon bottle and filling it with Coke, sure its the bottle, but it just doesn't taste the same.

aaaaaaaand PDS was badass, not even touching a saturn in about a decade i still remember it

[quote name='joen05']First pickup of the month! :)

4755888828_e3e586cd7b_m.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I just ordered my first card today, how long did it take you to get it after you'd ordered it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back