Looking for some recommendations on Japanese Ps2 games English friendly of course

phantasyx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
I currently own 1 Japanese ps2 game, Berserk, I was looking for some others that I may like or research a bit more on my own because I don't know were to start unless you tell me where. Yes I've done the "best japanese ps2 games at google.com" However I know there is someone on here that can redeem me. Also there were 2 games but I've lost the correct names for them.

One was a Neon Genesis eva game that was a 2 person street fighter style game and the other was called Hokuto Kenshin something or another (fist of the north star) that I heard had good reviews, at least the latest one.

Any other Japanese Ps2 game recommendation will be appreciated as I don't know whats good!

You need a Japanese PS2 to play them right?

Anyways, I probably can't be of much help. It'd be cool to get the international editions of FFX and FFXII though.

hokuto no ken, is a very good fighter its made by the people who did blazblue/guilty gear

if you like music games, taiko no tatsujin is very straight forward and quite addicting with a great mix of songs from game to anime to classic to pop to original

ossu banchou is VERY fun, but it might confuse you like crazy... but its very addicting >.>

there are many other really good JPN only games, but their not very import friendly

hokuto no ken yes thats it I'll look it up, anywhere I can get it used and cheap would really help other then ebay.

Also more suggestions would be great!

Digging up this thread rather than starting a new one... like the original poster, I've got a Japanese PS2 that I'd like to get more use out of. Currently, the only thing I'm really playing on it is Pop'n Music (I've got the controller as well). Any other recommendations for a Japanese language weak player?

Fighting games are ideal.

I would suggest:

Garou(Fatal Fury): Mark of the Wolves
Samurai Shodown Tenka
KOF Neowave
KOF '94 Re-bout

Awesome, thanks! Between consoles and my Neo-Geo cab, I've got most of the fighters covered (and good choices in your rec, btw).

Do any other games use the Pop'n Music controller? Any other funky bemani titles I should keep an eye out for?

I also forgot Last Blade 2 in 1 if you don't have the Dreamcast version of Last Blade 2.

As for the Pop'n Music controller, unfortunately, I don't know anything that's compatible.

bread's done
Back